Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 742

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by 00Highway00 Man, I really didn't expect my niners to be giving the Bears a whooping like this. ...

  1. #301
    DON'T BLINK
    Koimia's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sycamore, IL
    Posts
    1,361
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    Man, I really didn't expect my niners to be giving the Bears a whooping like this. Not that I'm complaining
    I really tip my hat to Kaepernick, hell of a game tonight

    ( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

  2. #302
    PRO Member
    00Highway00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Reputation
    224

    Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    I really tip my hat to Kaepernick, hell of a game tonight
    No doubt. Was expecting a low scoring chess match.

    On a side note, that penalty was BS. Guess the refs had to give the bears something to help get points on the board.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

  3. #303
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hobart, Australia
    Posts
    378
    Reputation
    1

    MNF Notes

    Did so not see that many points going, we now got qb controversy after the terrific game from Kapernick in his first career start and defence played terrific like the bears, Bears d was non- existence and the O-line was absolutely pathetic tonight it never game Campbell time to do anything and that's why his stats and game was bad, the Bears O line better get better or this team will blow up and miss playoffs and let the Packers which i reckon will win division and the Vikings past them

    Now looking ahead to the 3 big Thanksgiving games, especially the 2nd one as it a another game that my Cowboys need to win to stay in range of the NY Giants

  4. #304
    Monica Rial #1 Fan
    The Legend Killer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Windy City!
    Posts
    1,804
    Reputation
    64

    That was a team effort last night. First time all season that the entire team played so bad.

    A real embarrassment. I couldn't believe the defense got shredded the way it did by a freaking back up QB.

    Nothing else to say, but the Bears sucked, and got schooled last night.

    Guess they didn't bother to watch any film or do any prepping for this one.



  5. #305
    PRO Member
    00Highway00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Reputation
    224

    Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    MNF Notes

    Did so not see that many points going, we now got qb controversy after the terrific game from Kapernick in his first career start and defence played terrific
    You're kidding right? I just literally LOL'd. This isn't the Jets. Alex Smith has only just started showing he can be a great QB (look at week 8 vs Arizona, he picked them apart). Yes, he had a fantastic game for his first as a starter, but that is how ALL "professional" backups should be able to play. Thats what they get paid for isnt it? Then, look at last week vs Rams. He couldn't move the ball down the field like that or it wouldn't have been a draw. I, honestly, think Alex Smith would've had the same success, because the Bears just looked off like they prepared badly. The same way we looked week 6 vs Giants, just an off night. I think they will possibly play again in the playoffs, and it'll be the chess match game we all thought this one was going to be.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

  6. #306
    Lvl 6 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    northern New Jersey
    Posts
    576
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by 00Highway00 View Post
    This isn't the Jets.
    The Jets don't have a quarterback controversy, either. The only people who believe they do are those who want to facilitate such a situation for one reason or another.

    The Jets have not played musical quarterbacks the way other teams have (Kansas City and Arizona come to mind). The Jets don't have an injured starter watching as his backup plays (relatively) well, such as was the case for a while in Tennessee. Nor do the Jets have a coach making vague comments that can be interpreted any which way you desire (e.g. San Francisco).

    If you pay any attention to what comes out of Florham Park -- incidentally, a town that borders where I live -- Mark Sanchez is the Jets' starter and that isn't about to change anytime soon.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

  7. #307
    PRO Member
    00Highway00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Reputation
    224

    Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    The Jets don't have a quarterback controversy, either. The only people who believe they do are those who want to facilitate such a situation for one reason or another.

    The Jets have not played musical quarterbacks the way other teams have (Kansas City and Arizona come to mind). The Jets don't have an injured starter watching as his backup plays (relatively) well, such as was the case for a while in Tennessee. Nor do the Jets have a coach making vague comments that can be interpreted any which way you desire (e.g. San Francisco).

    If you pay any attention to what comes out of Florham Park -- incidentally, a town that borders where I live -- Mark Sanchez is the Jets' starter and that isn't about to change anytime soon.
    It was meant as more of a joke man. Mainly directed towards the media and sports commentators talking about Tebow replacing Sanchez everytime the Jets even start to form on someone's tongue.

    As for Harboughs "whomevers got the hot hands" comment after Bears game. I don't agree with him saying that, but it's hard to say if he was serious about it or just try to throw off Saints on whom to be prepared for. I, personally, don't see them taking Smith out for reasons mentioned above, but I'm just a guy that watches football. So, who knows........
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

  8. #308
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hobart, Australia
    Posts
    378
    Reputation
    1

    Week 12 Tips

    Texans over Lions
    My Cowboys over Redskins
    Patriots over Jets
    Titans over Jags
    Colts over Bills
    Steelers over Browns
    Seahawks over Dolphins
    Bengals over Raiders
    Broncos over Chiefs
    Bucs over Falcons
    Vikings over Bears
    Ravens over Chargers
    Cardinals over Rams
    Saints over 49ERS
    Packers over Giants
    Panthers over Eagles

  9. #309
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hobart, Australia
    Posts
    378
    Reputation
    1

    Thanksgiving game Notes

    Texans win OT thriller as Lions can't put them away and a silly throw of the challenge flag cost a td that should not have been, and basically ending Lions playoffs hope

    My Cowboys slow start and can't come back in end and lose big game to Redskins which makes them now also a game behing first and RG3 just terrific again

    Patriots trounce Jets, defense for pats was outstanding and so was Brady, whilst Jets turnovers and lack of talent big factors in there inability to stay in match, only positive for Jets they kept pats scoreless in first quarter

    Now looking ahead to Sunday for some more NFL to watch

  10. #310
    Lvl 6 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    northern New Jersey
    Posts
    576
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    Texans win OT thriller as Lions can't put them away and a silly throw of the challenge flag cost a td that should not have been, and basically ending Lions playoffs hope
    The Lions didn't have any playoff hopes to begin with. Anyone in the NFC who was at 4-6 was done to begin with, because it's almost certainly going to take 10-6 to win a Wild Card in that Conference. As for the "silly throw of the challenge flag", I expect coaches to know the rules, especially on something as simple as when challenge flags are supposed to be thrown. Now if only the NFL would start throwing those same flags for all the prima donnas who demand penalty calls every time someone on the other team looks at them cross-eyed....

    Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    My Cowboys slow start and can't come back in end and lose big game to Redskins which makes them now also a game behing first and RG3 just terrific again
    The Cowboys aren't a good team, either. They play just well enough for just long enough to fool the people who want to be fooled.

    As for RG3, let's not start carving his bust for Canton just yet. At this time last season, Cameron Newton was the greatest thing since sliced bread. At this time two and three years ago, Mark Sanchez was considered an up-and-coming QB who could lead his team to the playoffs for years to come. At this time next season, Geno Smith and/or Collin Klein will undoubtedly be the flavor du jour. The test is longevity, and whether or not he'll still be as good a quarterback next season once defenses and the good defensive coordinators adjust to him.

    Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    Patriots trounce Jets, defense for pats was outstanding and so was Brady, whilst Jets turnovers and lack of talent big factors in there inability to stay in match, only positive for Jets they kept pats scoreless in first quarter.
    The Patriots defense was that good? Really? Did you even watch the game and see how the Jets were moving the ball almost at will for large chunks of the game? You can tell me "score effects" all you want to try and explain it away, but the fact of the matter is that the Jets ran the ball efficiently last night and even threw the ball pretty efficiently. But for the five turnovers -- the one thing the Pats' defense is really good at -- and the game wouldn't have remotely reflected the final score.

    The Pats won the game big, and they deserved to win the game big. But let's not gush about how wonderful their defense is when most teams can move the ball almost at will against them and score bunches of points. They're a better defense than they were last year, but that's an abysmally low bar to top -- kind of like the "taller than Mickey Rooney" Award (ask your parents about that reference if it went over your heads and Mickey's, kids).
    (this space intentionally left blank)

  11. #311
    Monica Rial #1 Fan
    The Legend Killer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Windy City!
    Posts
    1,804
    Reputation
    64

    The Cowboys just do this every time. They spot their opponents a big lead, and then come back late, only to fall short. Pretty much every loss has followed that script.

    RG3 and the Skins were certainly impressive. A little historical revenge perhaps?

    Must say I had so much fun watching the Pats, and my boy Tom Brady just make fools of the Jets last night. Of course the Jets pretty much made fools of themselves all on their own.

    Bottom line Tom Brady is making me rethink my top 2 QB's of all time. Right now it's Joe Montana #1 and Brady #2, but those spots may flip flop very soon.

  12. #312
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    juliuspleezer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Terminus.
    Posts
    654
    Reputation
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post

    As for RG3, let's not start carving his bust for Canton just yet. At this time last season, Cameron Newton was the greatest thing since sliced bread. At this time two and three years ago, Mark Sanchez was considered an up-and-coming QB who could lead his team to the playoffs for years to come. At this time next season, Geno Smith and/or Collin Klein will undoubtedly be the flavor du jour. The test is longevity, and whether or not he'll still be as good a quarterback next season once defenses and the good defensive coordinators adjust to him.
    RGIII seems to have a much stronger character than either of the other guys you mentioned so i don't know if that's a good comparison but a sophomore jinx can make anybody look bad so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Personally, I think this year's QB crop is going to be talked about for a really long time. Luck might be the next Brett Favre with his arm and improvisational skills and not to mention he was an honor student at Stanford so you know he's got the brains a qb needs for longevity.

    Hey fellow Packer fans, anybody else think we owe the Giants a nice, juicy asswhoopin?

  13. #313
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,127
    Reputation
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    The Cowboys just do this every time. They spot their opponents a big lead, and then come back late, only to fall short. Pretty much every loss has followed that script.

    RG3 and the Skins were certainly impressive. A little historical revenge perhaps?

    Must say I had so much fun watching the Pats, and my boy Tom Brady just make fools of the Jets last night. Of course the Jets pretty much made fools of themselves all on their own.

    Bottom line Tom Brady is making me rethink my top 2 QB's of all time. Right now it's Joe Montana #1 and Brady #2, but those spots may flip flop very soon.
    Good man...now here is Mark Sanchez running into his Lineman's ass. Possibly named "The Bumble".

    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  14. #314
    Lvl 6 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    northern New Jersey
    Posts
    576
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    RGIII seems to have a much stronger character than either of the other guys you mentioned so i don't know if that's a good comparison but a sophomore jinx can make anybody look bad so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Personally, I think this year's QB crop is going to be talked about for a really long time. Luck might be the next Brett Favre with his arm and improvisational skills and not to mention he was an honor student at Stanford so you know he's got the brains a qb needs for longevity.
    Professional sports are chock full of "one year wonders", "flavors of the week", et cetera. It's very easy to come in and have a flashy start, but sustainability at the highest levels is a completely different animal to skin. There's a damn good reason that conventional wisdom says not to evaluate a draft/trade for several years, and a large part of that is the short-term returns and their ability to distort things. Does anyone remember that Ryan Leaf started 2-0 while Peyton Manning was 3-13 his initial season?

    RG3 looks very good, but his team is still incredibly mediocre in a mediocre division, and they don't have a lot of options to build around him. They've given away their top draft picks for each of the next two seasons, the salary cap is going to remain flat for a while, and free agency is always a risky proposition because you're either paying for untapped potential (on younger players) or you're paying for past performance. I think it's quite possible that the Redskins will simply follow the Carolina script when it comes to "Young QB Year 1" and "Young QB Year 2" -- Washington is a team that's begging for a downfall next season, especially considering the schedule (the entire NFC North more than offsets the "weakness" that is the AFC West).

    As far as "brains a QB needs", let's not go there in trying to prop up Andrew Luck. If book smarts and a "name" school were enough, Ryan Fitzpatrick (Harvard) would have the rest of the League beaten hands down.

    ....

    Come back in 3-5 years and we'll see how these QBs are shaking out then.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

  15. #315
    Monica Rial #1 Fan
    The Legend Killer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Windy City!
    Posts
    1,804
    Reputation
    64

    Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    Good man...now here is Mark Sanchez running into his Lineman's ass. Possibly named "The Bumble".


    LMAO, OMG, my buddies and I just lost it when we saw that. We were like seriously, what the hell was he doing? LOL

  16. #316
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hobart, Australia
    Posts
    378
    Reputation
    1

    NJDEVIL I did watch pats jets game and i stay with my opinion that the pats d played well, the pats d only played bad when they had the game in hand and how good is Julian Edelman becoming for the patriots

    p.s how good was wilforks play to get he fumble, what else on the defense can't he do!

  17. #317
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,127
    Reputation
    23

    "The Bumble", "Cheek Sneak", "Asstue of Liberty", "Oven Stuffer"

    All good names for Mark Sanchez's play. There are others and I'll try and find them.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  18. #318
    PRO Member
    00Highway00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Reputation
    224

    Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    "The Bumble", "Cheek Sneak", "Asstue of Liberty", "Oven Stuffer"

    All good names for Mark Sanchez's play. There are others and I'll try and find them.

    Lmao! Cheek sneak! Oh man, that funny as hell. +rep to you sir
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

  19. #319
    PRO Member
    00Highway00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,330
    Reputation
    224

    Well, I stand corrected. I guess Harbough will bench Smith for Kaepernick. Better be on your toes in San Francisco. Everyone's replaceable apparently. He looked great again this week. Our defense played well too.

    We'll take the win, none the less
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

  20. #320
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hobart, Australia
    Posts
    378
    Reputation
    1

    Early game Notes

    Bears bounce back from last weeks humiliation to easily beat Vikings
    Bengals win over poor Raiders in return of Carson Palmer to Cincinnati
    Colts get another big win for wildcard spot over Bills
    Browns force 8 steelers turnovers, 5 fumbles from running backs alone!
    Broncos get hard fought win over Chiefs
    Dolphins score 17 in fourth quarter rally over Seahawks
    Falcons win 1 point epic over Bucs
    Jags get 2nd win of season over Titans basically ending there playoff hopes

    Late game Notes
    Ravens win in OT v Chargers, Everyone must see Ray Rice's play on 4 and 29 late in 4th just a must see play!
    49ERS beat Saints, Kaepernick another good start and d forcing brees to throw 2 pick 6's
    Rams get 2 pick 6's in solid win over Cardinals who have now lost 7 in a row after being 4-0 to start the season

    Now getting ready to watch SNF!

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO