Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan If they do win I don't see the Packers beating their not opponent after a ...

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    If they do win I don't see the Packers beating their not opponent after a Bye Week.
    I believe that if they do win, they'd get the bye and Bears would play 49ers.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Korean Girl Group Groupie

3 TDs, 306 yards, 23/29 for Peyton Manning, and now Brock Osweiler is in for the Broncos. I think Manning did his part to get at least co-MVP with Adrian Peterson who needs 60 more yards (as of this moment) for the record.

Wish the Dolphins didn't lay an egg against New England, but now at least everything goes through Denver and Invesco. Didn't expect this two weeks ago but I'll take it.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Is it just me, or are the Packers playing really retarded football today?

I think the Bears season just ended. LOL

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Is it just me, or are the Packers playing really retarded football today?

I think the Bears season just ended. LOL
    Maybe they are pulling a Grossman and "thinking about New Years Eve".

Monica Rial #1 Fan

That's all she wrote, Bears are out, it's time to begin the fire Lovie talk. LOL

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I can't believe that Ponder is QBing a team into the playoffs. The NFC sure is screwy. AP finishes just short of the record, and probably the MVP. I wouldn't be against co-MVPs, but Manning has been hitting on all cylinders since early October.

Wonder were all those Packer fans from last year are? Would have thought they would enjoy rubbing in the trolling of Chicago that they just did.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

DON'T BLINK

I'm glad all sorts of records weren't broken today. Now I don't have to hear about that shit anymore.

I also look forward to seeing Vikings win again next week.

That's all she wrote, Bears are out, it's time to begin the fire Lovie talk. LOL
    I've been a big Lovie backer for the last few years now (every time that Fire Lovie talk comes up) but this year I just can't see myself doing that. Sadly though, he technically has a contract through 2013 and I don't see Cheap Ass Mcaskey hiring anyone on.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Early game notes

Falcons lose to Bucs in game by 5 that means nothing to them, but could have 2 injuries from game
    Bills beat Jets 28-7 to finish boths miserable 6-10 season
    Bengals beat Ravens by 6 in game that means nothing and with both resting starters
    Bears hold on to beat Lions by 2 in game that they needed to win to give them slim playoff hope which did not happen
    Titans get 2 pick 6's and 2 punt returns in same game in victory of Jags a week after giving up 55
    Colts win in Pagano's return to coaching sideline after leukemia battle, whilst Texans loss makes them fall from 1st seed to 3rd seed
    Panthers DeAngelo Williams rushes for 210 yards on 21 carry's in 44-38 victory over Saints in strong end to season, whilst Saints get historically worst d
    Giants smash Eagles 42-7 in likely Reid's last game coaching Eagles and Vick's last game for Eagles, whilst Giants unable to make playoffs due to results meaning can't defend Superbowl title
    Steelers win last game of season 24-10 over Browns to finish 8-8, whilst for Browns nice game from 3rd string qb Thaddeus Lewis

Late game notes

Broncos smash Chiefs 38-3 to secure 11 win in a row and secure #1 seed in AFC playoffs
    Patriots blank Dolphins 28-0 to secure #2 seed in AFC playoffs
    Chargers beat Raiders 24-21 in probable Norv Turners last game coaching them, whilst Terrelle Pryor played OK in 1st career start
    Seahawks beat Rams by 7 in tough NFC West match, will play in wildcard game, whilst Rams 1st season with Jeff Fisher as coach finish 7-8-1
    49ers beat Cardinals 27-13 to win NFC West, whilst for Cardinals nice first career start for Brian Hoyer
    Vikings beat Packers 37-34 to secure NFC Wildcard playoff spot and now play Packers again in playoffs whilst AP finishes 9yrds short of Eric Dickerson's rushing record

Now Watching SNF NFC East winner takes divison and hoping my Cowboys win

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    I'm gonna tell myself that the Packers aren't losing because they suck, but that they aren't trying because they are scared to face the Bears in the playoffs
    The only logical flaw in that theory is that if the Packers had won, they couldn't face the Bears before the NFC Championship Game. The #6 seed always plays at the #1 seed in the second round if they make it that far.

Don't overthink things. The Vikings are a pretty good team in their own right, and stopping them involves stopping AP. The Pack couldn't do that. Minnesota's desperation -- win or go home -- simply outweighed Green Bay's desperation -- win and get a week off.

Also, I can't imagine for a minute that Green Bay wanted to play Minnesota next weekend. Nobody ever wants to see a division rival in the playoffs, because anything and everything can (and often does) happen.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Monica Rial #1 Fan

And Tony Romo fails again. Kind of sad at this point, really.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

The Playoff picture is set in stone & shits about to get real.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Plats-O'-War!!

And Tony Romo fails again. Kind of sad at this point, really.

My cousin's a boys fan, and I keep telling him that they WON'T win ANYTHING with Romo as QB.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Can't wait to see Wilson vs. RG3!! May the best rookie win

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Can't wait to see Wilson vs. RG3!! May the best rookie win
    I got Seattle in that game. Man, it's gonna be a good one!!!

PRO Member

I am saying Cincy over Houston, Indy over Balt, Seattle over Wash and GB over Minny. I really hope that one of the rookies wins the SB. Be the first one to do so.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

So it begins...

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Oh yea...my SB pick is:

Denver against Seattle.

Denver winning 23-20
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Up the Irons!

Happy to see the Cowboys lose. As a Peyton Manning fan, I want to see him win it all.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

- Reports are saying that the Browns want to make a serious run at a couple of college coaches. The top 2 most likely to be sought are Chip Kelly of Oregon and Bill O'Brian of Penn State. The Eagles are another team that has reports they will want to go after a college coach
    - Norv Turner also expects to be fired. That would make him coach number 3 to be axed
    - The Jaguars are expected to fire GM Gene Smith. The Jaguars ended the season at 2-14, the worst mark in franchise history
    - Tom Brady is the 1st QB to pass for a TD in every game in 3 consecutive seasons
    - Drew Brees becomes first QB to pass for 40+ TD in consecutive seasons
    - Jamaal Charles became just the 3rd Chiefs back to go for more than 1,500 yards in a season
    - Speaking of the Chiefs, their loss secured the #1 pick for them. Jacksonville has #2 pick
    - Russell Wilson tied Peyton Manning's rookie record of 26 TD passes
    - Alfred Morris of the Redskins now holds the franchise single season record for rushing yards. This was also Washington's first division title since 1999
    - Although Peterson didn't set the single season rushing mark, he did set a rushing record. His 172.2 ypg in Dec was the highest mark for a single month in NFL history

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Well I foresee Denver vs Cincinnati and New England vs Indianapolis in the AFC. Atlanta vs Washington and San Francisco vs Green Bay in the NFC. Despite what happened on Sunday, I don't see Minnesota beating the Packers next week.

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast