Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; SNF game notes My Cowboys season ends in loss to rival Redskins who take division and playoff spot, terrific game ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

SNF game notes

My Cowboys season ends in loss to rival Redskins who take division and playoff spot, terrific game by Alfred Morris whilst Tony Romo disappoints again in a must win game as usual, time to start looking to next season for my team, can't wait to watch the Redskins v the Seahawks in the game of Rookie qbs and all the over wildcard games for the first week of the playoffs and also forget to congrats the Chiefs for getting the #1 pick in the draft

PRO Member

Little playoff note: the Broncos, Redskins and Seahawks all enter with winning streaks of 5+ games. Since 1990, when the current playoff format started, 36 teams have entered with this long of a winning streak. 11 reached the SB and 5 of those won the SB. I have no idea how many of those 36 played each other though. With the Skins and Seahawks playing each other, there will be 2 left in the divisional round.

- Small note from the Sunday night game: Alfred Morris became the first player with 200+ yards and 3 TD against the Cowboys
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

SB face off pick.

Greenbay Packers vs. New England Patriots.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The Playboy Wikipedia

I haven't chosen an NFC representative for the Super Bowl yet, but I'm gonna go with the Broncos to win it all. While I would love to see the Bengals win it, their chances are slim. Sure, they can possibly beat the Texans. But then what? They possibly get the Broncos in the 2nd round.

Anyway, as for the Panthers, I'm glad they managed to sweep the Saints (first time since 2008). I just wish that they could have had just a few more wins. 3 more wins, and they too would be in the Playoffs. Realistically, they were only blown out by 2 teams this season (the Giants and Broncos). Every other game was decided by a TD or less.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Don't believe the Broncos have enough fire power to get to the SB, much less win it all. I've got the Pats, yes a little biased, but I've got the Pats going, and probably winning the whole thing since the Giants aren't involved. LOL In the NFC, I gotta say I'd love to see, and it's not beyond the realm of possibility, the Redskins in the SB. What an awesome story that would be. One of the greatest of all time in Brady vs the young rookie phenom RG3.

That game between Washington and Seattle should be a highly entertaining contest.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Don't believe the Broncos have enough fire power to get to the SB, much less win it all.
    I guess you missed the part where the Broncos had the #2 scoring offense in the NFL this year, averaging just north of 30 points per game?

If they "don't have enough firepower" to win the Super Bowl, we might as well cancel the playoffs and the Super Bowl right now and award the title to New England and let everyone find something else to do with their weekends.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Monica Rial #1 Fan

I just think they've played a lot of crappy teams. You win the ones that you're given, true, but in a way those numbers are skewed. Manning has had a hell of a season and has proven to all of us that he isn't finished, but I think the rest of his offense is not going to be up to the playoff challenge. We'll see though, if they prove me wrong, then I will admit my mistake, but until then, I wouldn't put my money on it. Denver is as lot more likely to win it all now with Manning then say last year, I'll grant you that.

And please don't get upset.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Now that's what I call, not wasting time....

Lovie Smith fired by Chicago Bears - NFL.com

PRO Member

Congrats RG3!! You, Alfred, Shanahan and a couple others are on your way to have restored the Redskins to their former greatness

Sig by Bladia

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Lvl 7 - Gold

Seattle has a long-shot opportunity to have an amazing story. 1st Wilson vs. RG3, then a rubbermatch with everyone's beloved 49ers, followed by a chance to quiet everyone who won't let the Greenbay game go... all on the road. Like I said, a long shot buy hey, us Seattle fans can dream right

Lvl 6 - Silver

I just think they've played a lot of crappy teams. You win the ones that you're given, true, but in a way those numbers are skewed. Manning has had a hell of a season and has proven to all of us that he isn't finished, but I think the rest of his offense is not going to be up to the playoff challenge. We'll see though, if they prove me wrong, then I will admit my mistake, but until then, I wouldn't put my money on it. Denver is as lot more likely to win it all now with Manning then say last year, I'll grant you that.
    I think both teams played a relatively crappy schedule, if you want to be completely honest. The dregs of the AFC West aren't that much worse than the bottom feeders in the AFC East. The AFC North (which Denver played) is deeper than the AFC South (which New England played). Denver played the NFC South, and New England played the NFC West.... that's probably close to a wash.

New England also has an alarming tendency to run up the score and leave their starters in to pad their stats. Denver doesn't do so nearly as often. Just looking at yesterday's games.... Tom Brady was still throwing passes with a few minutes to play, while Peyton Manning was off the field (and Brock Osweiler was taking snaps) at the start of the fourth quarter.

Add to that Denver's defense being superior, and any Pats-Broncos playoff matchup being at Mile High, and I think Denver probably has to be the favorite at this stage of the game. That's the way I'd bet, anyhow.

DON'T BLINK

Good. I would want to see him go anyways. Way I see it, Lovie is gone. Tice needs to go. Bump Bates up to OC. Keep Rod since he knows what Lovie was trying to do with the Def. If Hester doesn't retire, trade him for a draft pick or 2. Rumor has it Greg Jennings is going to FA. If true, gun for him.. Can you imagine Marshall, Jennings and Jeffery as our 3? Spend the entire offseason focusing on TE's that can catch a fucking ball and the O-Line. Possible other looks include backup QB's and backup Def players.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

PRO Member

go vikings

Lvl 6 - Silver

I read this story while waiting on a debacle of a work situation earlier this afternoon. If his heart isn't in the game, he's probably better off not playing. That being said, the decline in his numbers can't be blamed on anyone other than Devin Hester. He was a below average defensive back whose ticket to glory was his phenomenal ability to return kicks and punts. His desire to play wide receiver took away from what he did well.... and he wasn't a particularly wonderful receiver either.

That being said, if his "goal" is to claim "workman's comepnsation" for "stress" and retire with a golden parachute courtesy of the taxpayer -- as the quotes in the story seem to imply -- I hope someone (or more than one "someone") does a whole bunch of things to him that I'd be better off not enumerating here. I know Illinois is a state that loves to spend lavishly on all sorts of silly things at taxpayer expense, but there's no reason for anybody else to pay for Devin Hester's retirement.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Seattle has a long-shot opportunity to have an amazing story. 1st Wilson vs. RG3, then a rubbermatch with everyone's beloved 49ers, followed by a chance to quiet everyone who won't let the Greenbay game go... all on the road. Like I said, a long shot buy hey, us Seattle fans can dream right
    It isn't as long of a shot as you think. While they went 3-5 on the road, they still finished the season 11-5. Those 5 losses were all by 7 points or less and their worse loss was by 7 @ SF. You also have to figure that early in the season, Carrol was really conservative with his playcalling until he saw what Wilson could do. Seattle has the #1 scoring defense at 15.3 PPG, almost 2 PPG better than #2. They have the #4 total defense, #6 passing defense and #10 rushing defense. They are T-4th in turnover margin. Granted, people will say that they shouldn't have won the GB game and even if that is true, Seattle is still in as the 5th seed even with that game being a loss (they beat Minnesota for the tie breaker).

All in all, Seattle has a decent chance. Not taking anything from the others but I think people forget how good Seattle actually is.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I think the NFC is pretty wide open. I think everybody aside from Atlanta has a chance of making a run to the end. I have absolutely no faith in the Falcons pulling off even a single victory after they made Tampa Bay look good in the regular season finale.

Sucks today to see so many people lose their jobs in the NFL, but it's the nature of the beast and the season had a lot of really bad teams, and teams with really bad breaks. I don't think Shurmur should have lost his job, but Cleveland (like Oakland) have a hard time realizing that instability causes losing, and losing causes instability. Shurmur was on the cusp of doing a whole lot of good with a franchise who hasn't had a lot of good since it's return to the NFL. The rest of the firings were predictable, or made sense in some fashion (maybe weren't "fair" but made sense).

This weekend can't come soon enough, going to be a good slate of games to kick off the playoffs.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post
    It isn't as long of a shot as you think. While they went 3-5 on the road, they still finished the season 11-5. Those 5 losses were all by 7 points or less and their worse loss was by 7 @ SF. You also have to figure that early in the season, Carrol was really conservative with his playcalling until he saw what Wilson could do. Seattle has the #1 scoring defense at 15.3 PPG, almost 2 PPG better than #2. They have the #4 total defense, #6 passing defense and #10 rushing defense. They are T-4th in turnover margin. Granted, people will say that they shouldn't have won the GB game and even if that is true, Seattle is still in as the 5th seed even with that game being a loss (they beat Minnesota for the tie breaker).

All in all, Seattle has a decent chance. Not taking anything from the others but I think people forget how good Seattle actually is.
    Not sure "forgot" is the right word. Seems like no one wants to even acknowledge (or didn't until the 2nd 49ers game) that Seattle is a capable/dangerous team. When the Bills game was over, all ESPN reported on was the fake punt... that's the respect Seattle gets nationally. Granted, they haven't been shit for a while now but this year has been special for them. Wilson should be a strong candidate for ROTY yet all I hear about (again, this is mostly from the national media) is the Colts turn-around with Luck. They try to amplify everything he does and discredit everything Seattle does. Personally, I'm glad Seattle didn't get the #2 seed. If they get to a championship game, I want it to be through the toughest avenue possible. If they don't... there's always next year, and they're not losing to the f@#king Cardinals on opening day next year

/rant over

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast