Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by skidmarkgn Not sure "forgot" is the right word. Seems like no one wants to even acknowledge (or ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Not sure "forgot" is the right word. Seems like no one wants to even acknowledge (or didn't until the 2nd 49ers game) that Seattle is a capable/dangerous team. When the Bills game was over, all ESPN reported on was the fake punt... that's the respect Seattle gets nationally. Granted, they haven't been shit for a while now but this year has been special for them. Wilson should be a strong candidate for ROTY yet all I hear about (again, this is mostly from the national media) is the Colts turn-around with Luck. They try to amplify everything he does and discredit everything Seattle does. Personally, I'm glad Seattle didn't get the #2 seed. If they get to a championship game, I want it to be through the toughest avenue possible. If they don't... there's always next year, and they're not losing to the f@#king Cardinals on opening day next year

/rant over
    I suppose that is true about not being acknowledged. I live in Cowboy country so that is about all I hear about 90% of the time. While I understand your point of toughest route, they still would have been vetter served at home as they were the only team to go undefeated there.

Other news:
    - San Fran is trying out kickers. Their regular kicker, David Akers, has missed a career high 13 FGs this year
    NFL Source: 49ers to work out kickers - ESPN
    - Although Rex Ryan will return for the Jets, offensive coordinator Tony Sporano will not.
    - There is a report that the Chargers are interested in Bruce Arians of the Colts. Another report states that Ken Wisenhunt, who was fired by Arizona, is interested in the job.
    - Arizona's team president has said the team has reached out to Andy Reid and Bronco's OC Mike McCoy
    - Seattle Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has finished his 4 game suspension and will be back with the team for their game against Washington
    NFL Brandon Browner rejoins Seahawks - ESPN
    - 4 highly rated juniors have decided to skip their senior years to go to the 2013 draft: USC WR Robert Woods, Rutgers CB Logan Ryan, Nevada RB Stefphon Jefferson, and Auburn DE Corey Lemonier
    - The lawsuit that the NFLPA filed against the NFL in 2010 has been ruled in favor of the NFL
    NFL Union lawsuit vs. NFL over '10 tossed - ESPN
    - Mike Shanahan won't let his assistants interview for jobs during playoffs
    NFL Mike Shanahan limits assistants - ESPN
    - Browns RB Richardson played more than half the season with broken ribs
    NFL Trent Richardson had broken ribs - ESPN
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

Plats-O'-War!!

Ray Lewis is set to retire after the postseason. Dammit all!! As a fan of the NFL, I want to see Baltimore win it all and send him out on the highest note possible.

Ray Lewis of Baltimore Ravens says he's retiring after season - ESPN

Lvl 6 - Silver

Good riddance to Ray Lewis. He should have been "forcibly retired" back in 2000 when he was an accessory to murder and thrown in jail. Were he anything other than a "glamour boy" football player, he'd be just another statistic at this point: Black Male incarcerated for felony violation of the U.S. Penal Code.

Remember Ray Lewis for being a terrific linebacker and team leader if you will, but enough of this whitewashing of people's histories and legacies. If you want to commemorate the good, remember and respect the bad. I wonder what the families of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar think about the guy.... my guess is that they haven't rushed out to buy Ravens #52 jerseys anytime recently.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    Good riddance to Ray Lewis. He should have been "forcibly retired" back in 2000 when he was an accessory to murder and thrown in jail. Were he anything other than a "glamour boy" football player, he'd be just another statistic at this point: Black Male incarcerated for felony violation of the U.S. Penal Code.
    Dude, seriously? Your still on something that he's done almost 13 years ago!? Let it go and move on!! He's paid his dues to society and yet, there are some people that are trying to hang this over his head. While you're still knocking him for doing that, he's been re-shaping his image in the public eye, and will continue to do so despite people like you who are still holding onto a 13 year mistake. Let it go man, let it go..............

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Dude, seriously? Your still on something that he's done almost 13 years ago!? Let it go and move on!! He's paid his dues to society and yet, there are some people that are trying to hang this over his head.
    What dues to society did he pay? He was an accessory to a double homicide and got off without even a slap on the wrist.

There are two tiers of justice in our society. If you're an athlete or a celebrity or wealthy or influential, you often get away with your crimes without having to pay for them. If you fall outside those select groups, they throw you in jail and lose the key.

There are two dead people who never got the chance to "move on with life". There are families of those dead people who likely are still grieving more than a decade after the fact. The people who perpetrated those acts were allowed to get on with their lives as if they hadn't done anything. The people who were at the other end of the gun and the people who loved them don't have that privilege.

Ray Lewis should have been jailed for what he did. If he had been any ordinary black male, chances are he would still be rotting in federal prison because that's the way the system works. And if the system had worked the way it does for 99.9% of the population, there wouldn't have been any wondrous rehabilitation of his image or all the other garlands people insist on throwing around his neck while genuflecting at his feet.

Why is it that "celebrities" who do heinous things are pardoned of those acts, either upon their death/retirement or often beforehand? (Especially if they are a minority of some sort, but I won't expound further.) Why is it that so many people only wish to see the "good" in a person and refuse to recognise the great wrongs said person perpetrated?

If you want to say Ray Lewis was a great football player, fine. That shouldn't absolve him of the sins of his past, unless he can raise the dead and give them their lives back. Let's not use selective editing to make him into a paragon of mankind.

Lvl 5 - Silver

My Wildcard weekend tips

Bengals over Texans
    Packers over Vikings
    Ravens over Colts
    Seahawks over Redskins

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    My Wildcard weekend tips

Bengals over Texans
    Packers over Vikings
    Ravens over Colts
    Seahawks over Redskins
    Only one I disagree with is Ravens over the Colts
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

子連れ狼

RGIII

Who will win Rookie of the Year! RGIII or LUCK?

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Español| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm picking Colts over the Ravens. The Ravens have to rely on Ray Rice to win the game for the Ravens. I also agreed on the Bengals over Texans. Houston been on a slump for last few weeks. They'll be heading an early exit, unless they can run the ball effectively with Foster.

Seahawks vs. Redskins game is the one I'm looking forward too. I'm rooting for the Seahawks.

Lvl 6 - Silver

If the Ravens gameplan is a heavy dose of Ray Rice and rushing the football, Indianapolis is in trouble -- they do not stop the run particularly well. In addition to that little factoid, Indianapolis turns the ball over a lot.... it's one of those stories that flies under the radar because half the media is lined up ready to anoint Andrew Luck "the next big thing", but Luck has thrown as many INTs as Mark Sanchez and the only guys with more were Tony Romo and Drew Brees. Baltimore will also be playing the game with emotion behind them, because a lot of them won't want to send Ray Lewis out a loser at home.

If you're looking for an "upset", pick the Redskins over the Seahawks (Vegas has Seattle favored by three). Seattle has been a fraud on the road, and the only decent team they beat away from Qwest Field was Chicago while the Bears were doing their annual Heimlich impression. Plus, it's an interesting piece of trivia that Seattle is 1-8 in franchise history in road playoff games.

If you're looking for an "upset", do NOT pick the Bengals. There's a reason why that franchise hasn't won a playoff game since Bush was president and the United States was preparing to invade Iraq.... and I'm referring to George Herbert Walker Bush and Operation Desert Storm.

As for the fourth game, I think the Packers are the better team and should win with homefield advantage.... but the latter doesn't mean as much as it used to. Once Michael Vick took an Atlanta Falcons club into Lambeau on a frigid Saturday night roughly a decade back and beat the Packers, the mystique seemed to vanish. The Pack went from "invincible" to "very vulnerable" at home that evening insofar as playoff games -- they hadn't lost a home playoff game in franchise history before that night -- and I'm not quite sure what's missing and why it hasn't come back. Minnesota can win this game if AP puts the team on his back. Not saying it's going to happen, or that it's going to matter.... but that's the game that's most likely to fall into the "tossup" column for me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good game on the Texans/Bengals game last night. Houston got back to running the ball with Adrian Foster. Packers dominated the Vikings the entire game. Even with Christian Ponder, they'll still lose. Adrian Peterson is Vikings main offense.

Chocobo Master

Did anyone else get goosebumps watching Ray Lewis do his final pre-game dance?
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Korean Girl Group Groupie

For the most part, "Wildcard Weekend" didn't deliver too much excitement. Injuries, one-sided jumps, and ridiculously bad turnovers took a lot of the luster out of what should have been some stellar match-ups. I'm never a fan of everything ending up as chalk, but the Vegas line makers sure knew their stuff this weekend. I wish there was more competitive games, but except for the Seattle-Washington game, there really was no back and forth after the initial few drives.

Next week I'll have a vested interest, when Peyton and the Broncos play the terribly inconsistent Ravens. I'm fairly confident that Denver can pull this one off at home, but with the surprise injuries that happened this week, nothing is a guarantee. I think the sentimental adrenaline will wear off by next week for Baltimore, and the birds will end up with a case of altitude sickness.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 5 - Silver

Wildcard weekend game notes (sorry for it being late)

Texans beat Bengals by 7 points in game that was much better and closer than last year, the main thing from the game is how Andy Dalton missed AJ Green for sure wide open td pass in end zone late in game, now for the Texans it's of to play the Patriots

Packers get the job done as they should in solid reasonably easy win over Vikings, i felt so bad for Ponder who played qb all year some games good some not that he was not able to start and thought when knowing that Packers would win much easier but not bad game from Joe Webb considering has not thrown a pass in a game all year, now its off to San Francisco for the Packers a team they have already played and lost to last year and also it will be Kaepernick's first ever playoff game

Ravens defeat Colts in solid fashion thanks to big games from Boldin, Rice and Flacco and 10+ tackles from Ray Lewis in his last home game ever and they will now go to Denver to play Peyton and his Broncos, whilst for the Colts they have lots of things to build on from there terrific season

Seahawks defeat Redskins in probably one of the best games of the week thanks large to good games from Russell Wilson, Lynch and some nice defense and they now play the best team record wise in this seasons NFL the Falcons in what shapes up as a real beauty of a game but the things to see is will Steven Hauschka play and who plays for the injured Chris Clemons , whilst for the Redskins the big story from this game was RG3 and if he should have been taken out after he started getting the injury re hurt which was when the offense after scoring twice early was stagnant, in my opinion they made the wrong decision leaving him in and should have when offense was struggling and RG3 looked injured should have brought in Cousins but that just me and one other thing the field was in terrible condition for a playoff game which i say is unacceptable

Now looking ahead to watching the 4 Divisional games

Lvl 5 - Silver

NFL Divisional playoff tips

Broncos over Ravens
    Packers over 49ers
    Falcons over Seahawks
    Patriots over Texans

DON'T BLINK

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Lvl 7 - Gold

About 1 hour to go til my Packers take on the 49ers!! I think if we can protect Rodgers today, we got this. We have an entirely different look now than we did in week 1 when our rythym was off due to a non-existant running game, protection issues, and a few horrible calls that killed our momentum. Honestly, I have a good feeling about this one.

GO PACKERS!!!

PRO Member

@ Julius --- it's on!

On another note, surprised Denver took a knee with manning playing QB, 30 sec left, and 2 timeouts. Might come back to haunt them since they haven't been able to cover the deep ball all day. I counted 2 or 3 other occasions where Baltimore should had another TD If flaco would have been on point. Guys where wide open

EDIT: wow, ravens pulled it out
    Last edited by 00Highway00; 01-12-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

40oz to freedom

WOW!! What a game! The door is now open for my Texans to pull an upset at NE and host the AFC Championship.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Never been so sickened by a playoff game. So much blame to go around, and such a painfully excruciating ordeal to go through. The refs made me want to murder a zebra, the defense played their absolute worst game all season, with Champ Bailey giving up two huge plays, John Fox's conservative play calling killed it, and the Broncos didn't make the best of the time they had. Manning threw an interception that was only half his fault, but he looked tired.

Just a major drowning feeling of disappointment right now, that feels unreal.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast