Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; I hate both teams but, let's go 49ers as they are undeafted in the super bowl....

PRO Member

I hate both teams but, let's go 49ers as they are undeafted in the super bowl.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I hope the Ravens lose now, that would be great. If the Pats can't top the AFC than no one can(: can't recall last time AFC took the big show though. It's been all NFC past years.

Saints, Packers, Giants, ... I guess it was the Steelers in '09.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i'm a Falcons and Pats fan, what a great football-evening i had :p
    Mordred's ancestor

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've pulled for the AFC for most of my life, but I wouldn't root for Ray Lewis (and the Ravens) if you put a gun to my head and threatened to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl_80 View Post
    I hate both teams but, let's go 49ers as they are undeafted in the super bowl.
    If we're being picky, so are the Ravens. The 49ers simply have been around longer and been to more Super Bowls.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

The Playboy Wikipedia

Had the Patriots or Falcons made it to the Super Bowl, I'd be going for their opponents (had it been Pats/Falcons, I probably wouldn't watch). But as it's Ravens vs 49ers, I'm really not sure who to go for.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well what a great lot of Confrence Championship games we had and it started withg the 49ers rallying from a 17-0 defecet to eventually come back and defeat the Falcons who flat out blew it with the main reason for them blowing the lead is they just couldn't stop the 49ers running the ball. Whilst for the Ravens they kept it close with the pats in the first half and that showed as they were the ones doing the damage in the 2nd half outscoring the Pats 21-0 with one stunning thing is how bad Tom Brady played in the second half.

P.s Congrats on the great career Tony Gonzalez probably bets T.E ever but feel for you that you never had a solid chance of possibly winning a superbowl

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well here's my Superbowl pick

Ravens over 49ers to send Ray Lewis out a winner

and I think nxt week the NFC will totally dominate the AFC in the Pro bowl and hopefully the players actually try this year unlike last year

40oz to freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    I hope the Ravens lose now, that would be great. If the Pats can't top the AFC than no one can
    Hey dude why don't you give the Ravens props for winning?

On another note, the patriots still can't do anything since spygate.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    I hope the Ravens lose now, that would be great. If the Pats can't top the AFC than no one can(:

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Well since my home State team The Ravens are in the super bowl I know who I am rooting for. Ravens all the way. Going to be a good game and expect it to be some what low scoring.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Quote Originally Posted by Triptent View Post
    Hey dude why don't you give the Ravens props for winning?
    On another note, the patriots still can't do anything since spygate.
    I do, they def. deserved the win, I am just joking around but they sure aren't classy talking all that shit after the game. On a side note, lets not bring up the spygate crap since we all know that's not a serious argument. (lol, not do anything since spygate?) Get real, what's the point of even posting, "0-2 since Spygate?" What point do you even think you're making? The Patriots went 16-0 the year that Spygate was revealed following week 1.Your post would make sense if the Patriots never made the playoffs again after Spygate, but they've been to two Super Bowls since and have made the playoffs in every season except 2008 when Brady went down. People just dislike the Pats so much and say what they can against them, I would be that a good amount of people that use the spygate attack know that it's overused & still use it.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

I think it's perfectly fair to point out that the Pats won three Super Bowls in four years pre-Spygate, and haven't won a Super Bowl since. Maybe the Pats' shenanigans and cheating had something to do with why they won three times. Maybe they simply aren't winning anymore because they're tainted by bad karma and/or cursed by the Football Gods. And maybe it's simply a case where they've played five close games in the Super Bowl and their luck hasn't held out, putting SpyGate completely into the realm of irrelevancy. Something has changed since that watershed moment. We can speculate and debate endlessly about what and why, but the fact remains that things are not the same as they used to be.

Speaking of the Pats and how they're viewed.... Bill Barnwell of Grantland had a very interesting take on how we view the Pats and Tom Brady on Monday, and it's worth a read. Would we really view the Pats as the same juggernaut and Tom Brady as this uber-mensch playoff performer if his career was run in chronological reverse?

Ravens

[top]Ravens’ Brendon Ayanbadejo wants to use Super Bowl platform to stump for gay rights

[top]

Sorry but why is he so special? What does he want, the entire halftime show to prance around? I bet nobody offends him (tells him to make like a a tree, & get outta here) & gets his extra publicity anyways but when Tebow wants to say something about God/Jesus after a game it's "bad to use his fame to promote his religion".

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well i was right in saying NFC would smash AFC in pro Bowl

PRO Member

Its possible Ray Lewis may have used a banned substance to get back from his triceps injury

Ray Lewis may have used banned substance to recover from torn triceps | ProFootballTalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post
    Its possible Ray Lewis may have used a banned substance to get back from his triceps injury

Ray Lewis may have used banned substance to recover from torn triceps | ProFootballTalk
    He's not so great after all eh?

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post

It's not like he has anything to lose. The NFL isn't about to risk the bad publicity by suspending him if they have any proof of wrongdoing. And if I've learned anything from the past few seasons, it's that players win an awful lot of appeals even if that means finding a friendly judge to issue an injunction to nullify any mis-deeds.

All Ray Lewis would have to do is appeal the suspension and go to a friendly Maryland judge. By the time the legal dust settled, Lewis will have some network paying him a ton of money to sound like an inept commentator and the suspension will be completely meaningless.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    I think it's perfectly fair to point out that the Pats won three Super Bowls in four years pre-Spygate, and haven't won a Super Bowl since. Maybe the Pats' shenanigans and cheating had something to do with why they won three times. Maybe they simply aren't winning anymore because they're tainted by bad karma and/or cursed by the Football Gods. And maybe it's simply a case where they've played five close games in the Super Bowl and their luck hasn't held out, putting SpyGate completely into the realm of irrelevancy. Something has changed since that watershed moment. We can speculate and debate endlessly about what and why, but the fact remains that things are not the same as they used to be.
    I remember hearing that in the Playoffs on the way to 3 Lombardis, Brady and the Pats went 9-0. But since then, they've gone 8-7 in the Playoffs - slightly better than Peyton's 9-11 Playoff record.

Anyway, I still have no idea who I'm going to be going for come the Super Bowl this year. For the last 2 years I've gone for the NFC team. But this year, I really don't know.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

s u p e r b o w l - s u n d a y!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Go 49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CheapJuggler; 02-04-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast