Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; So did I see the Saints lose to RG3 in his debut?...

Monica Rial #1 Fan

So did I see the Saints lose to RG3 in his debut?

Lvl 6 - Silver

If I were a Pittsburgh fan, I'd be even less worried about last night's game -- the Steelers defense is much better when Ryan Clark plays, and his health precludes him from playing at altitude. Last night's result was somewhat predictable, the same way the loss in last year's Wild Card game was predictable.

Also, the Steelers host the Jets this week. Being as avid and loyal a Jets fan as I am, I'm aware of lovely factoids such as "the Jets have won one regular season/postseason game in the state of Pennsylvania in franchise history". Yes, it was a regular season game two years ago (the Jets would go on to lose the AFC Championship Game in the same place a few weeks later), but I have to believe the Jets are in some trouble this coming Sunday.... and more now because the Steelers can't afford to start 0-2.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 6 - Silver

how come when denver beats a good team like the steelers people freak and say well ryan clark didnt play they would have won if ryan clark played and with the playoffs last year they well rothlisberger was playing injured thats why they lost no one seems to want to give credit to denver for playing better than pittsburg and beating them they have to come up with excuses

PRO Member

You guys see peyton run it for a first down last night lol slow as shit i knew when i seen that early as hell in the game denver had it in the bag lol. alot of good football played this weekend alot of sad football too thank god football season is back!!!!!!!!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseclown View Post
    how come when denver beats a good team like the steelers people freak and say well ryan clark didnt play they would have won if ryan clark played and with the playoffs last year they well rothlisberger was playing injured thats why they lost no one seems to want to give credit to denver for playing better than pittsburg and beating them they have to come up with excuses
    Go back and re-read my statement: I didn't say they would have won with Ryan Clark in the lineup. I said their defense is significantly impacted by his absence -- for example, Clark's presence allows Troy Polamalu to freelance more and make plays around the field -- and that Denver beating Pittsburgh in the absence of Clark isn't a surprising result. Nowhere did I even speculate about how the game would have gone if everyone was healthy.

Denver is a good team. Heck, I think that they have an outside shot at homefield advantage if Peyton Manning is 90% of the quarterback we expect him to be, because I don't think their division is very good. But let's not pretend that Pittsburgh was anywhere near full strength last night.

PRO Member

There will be at least 6 more teams seeing week 3 undeafted

Ravens @ Eagles
    cardinals@ Patriots
    Vikings @ Colts
    cowboys @ Seahawks
    Lions @ 49ers
    Broncos @ Falcons

And at least 3 teams will see week 3 Winless

Raiders @ Dolphins
    Chiefs @ Bills
    Saints @ Panthers

Don't get me wrong, I know that there are 16 more weeks left, Just saying I kindof like this schedule. No offense NJ you think that my divison sucks because your used to seeing the Jets and I Know that they are the toughest divison, So I assume that you think that no divison can compare. I know that my divison isn't the toughest but, I don't think it's the weakest either.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Was going to go undefeated in all three of my leagues, was up all weekend but lost all three on MNF. ): ha, & I went 10-5 in picks for INFL - Showtime Sports - Beat the Insiders. GREAT 1st week of football though!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl_80 View Post
    No offense NJ you think that my divison sucks because your used to seeing the Jets and I Know that they are the toughest divison, So I assume that you think that no divison can compare. I know that my divison isn't the toughest but, I don't think it's the weakest either.
    You're making assumptions and putting words in my mouth so that you have a straw man to debate. Instead of assuming (and making a donkey out of yourself, to butcher the old expression), why not ask which division I think is the best or the worst? You might be surprised at the results.

I think the AFC West sucks because Oakland and Kansas City both suck, San Diego is a deeply flawed team (particularly at head coach), and Denver is still something of an enigma. I think the AFC West sucks because the division was won at 8-8 last season with the winner backing into the playoffs after it seemed none of the teams were particularly interested in winning down the stretch. Perhaps the AFC South is on par with the AFC West when it comes to suckiness -- there doesn't seem to be a whole heck of a lot beyond the Houston Texans. Perhaps the NFC West is on par with the AFC West when it comes to suckiness -- there doesn't seem to be a whole heck of a lot beyond the San Francisco 49ers. Even considering those two, I think the AFC West is still very much in the mix for "worst division in football".

And for the record, I don't think the AFC East is the strongest division in football, or that "no division can compare". The AFC North is probably better -- Baltimore and Pittsburgh as a group are stronger than the Jets and Patriots as a group, plus Cincinnati is a much better team than Buffalo (Cleveland and Miami are a wash). The NFC East is a very strong division with three genuine playoff contenders. The same can be said for the NFC North.

But hey.... far be it from me to get in the way of your little soapbox speech.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Was going to go undefeated in all three of my leagues, was up all weekend but lost all three on MNF. ): ha, & I went 10-5 in picks for INFL - Showtime Sports - Beat the Insiders. GREAT 1st week of football though!
    I went 11-5 with my picks (posted the predictions too late on another forum, so I missed out on the Giants/Cowboys game...though it wouldn't have mattered, as I would have gone with the Giants anyway). I also for some reason forgot to give a prediction between the Vikings/Jags game, so that's another point against me. The other ones I got wrong (went with Seattle, Carolina and Oakland).
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    I went 11-5 with my picks (posted the predictions too late on another forum, so I missed out on the Giants/Cowboys game...though it wouldn't have mattered, as I would have gone with the Giants anyway). I also for some reason forgot to give a prediction between the Vikings/Jags game, so that's another point against me. The other ones I got wrong (went with Seattle, Carolina and Oakland).
    Not to diss you just wondering, Why did you choose Raiders? The Vikings/ Jags who would you have picked?

I'm picking the Bears for this one, Forte, Marshal, Cutler, Tillman, everything's there. While on the other hand, no Jennings, no ground game for the Packers.. let's do it Bears.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

DON'T BLINK

I'm picking the Bears for this one, Forte, Marshal, Cutler, Tillman, everything's there. While on the other hand, no Jennings, no ground game for the Packers.. let's do it Bears.
    As much as I would love this, I see tonights game going one of 2 ways...

1. A blowout by either team

2. A close on the edge of your seat battle close for the whole game.

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

DON'T BLINK

A good game tonight. As I said above "This game could go one of 2 ways. A blowout by ether team or a hell of a close back and forth battle." And in the end, looks like I was right (for awhile) on both accounts. I tip my hat to Green Bay. We were beat good.

Welcome to 1-1 Green Bay

Now, having said that a few things I've noticed. The refs still suck. Bad calls on both sides. The announcers, god I hate when they think they know what the players are saying to each other. Just shut up and call the fucking game. And, I'm really in agreement with my Dad on this one... If I was an offensive coach NONE of my receivers would wear gloves. Ever. Gotta feel that ball to get the catch. Both teams had too many dropped passes that could have been caught. I don't care if it's 40 below and snowing so hard you can't see in front of you... feel the ball, catch the ball.

I personally can't wait to hear the shit excuse Lovie has about our O Line... the fans have only been talking about it what, ALL FUCKING YEAR?!?

( thanks djunglist for this awesome GDT sig)

Monica Rial #1 Fan

A good game tonight? Guess you and I were watching two different games. The Bears played with their heads up their asses all night long. Way to be prepared for the team that they have to beat the most. Seems like maybe there was just a little too much overconfidence. I can't even blame Cutler for the four picks. Dude was under pressure all night, and the receivers all acted like they didn't know how to get open. Was Brandon Marshal playing tonight, cause I swear I never saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    A good game tonight? Guess you and I were watching two different games. The Bears played with their heads up their asses all night long.
    Yes, I agree.
    & it cost me a pick.
    So much for all that Bear hype.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The Playboy Wikipedia

Not to diss you just wondering, Why did you choose Raiders? The Vikings/ Jags who would you have picked?
    Honestly...I got no idea. As for the Vikings/Jags game, I would have probably gone with the Vikings.

So far, I'm 7-7 with my predictions. I really was not expecting to see the Pats go down in week 2. In other news, I am happy the Panthers got the win...I just wish I predicted them to win.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Yeah, I did not get to watch my Pats play but I heard it was pretty ugly.
    ..hopefully, as they say.. it was just one game.

I fear there is more to come though.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Yeah, I did not get to watch my Pats play but I heard it was pretty ugly.
    ..hopefully, as they say.. it was just one game.

I fear there is more to come though.
    We should have won that game but, someone kicked it far right

We should have won that game but, someone kicked it far right
    Yeah, I don't really want to pin it on Gostkowski because in the end it's a team game & the team wasn't doing so well overall, even the coaching / playcalling. I'd still take Gostkoski any other day of the week.

(EDIT): Wow, the MNF song, or theme (whatever you want to call it) was so terrible! Ruined my whole mood for a second, that bad lol.

(EDIT2): I really don't know what's going on within the Pats ranks but I'm seriously getting annoyed, dropping Branch only to go running back (they've resigned him earlier today), phasing out Welker only to most likely go running back to him as well after the news about Hernandez being out.. players are getting some unfair treatment here.. & that playcalling.
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 09-18-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

As a fellow patriots fan I bet you were happy about Manning 3 INTS in the 1st quarter. On a side note, the 1972 Dolphins drink champane after the last undeafted team losses, does the 07 Lions drink something when the last winless team wins?

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast