Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Not sure if I mentioned it, but I hope the Panthers can win on Thursday night...

The Playboy Wikipedia

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I hope the Panthers can win on Thursday night
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

PRO Member

The panthers really just have to worry abouttheir WR's catching the ball and JPP

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The Playboy Wikipedia

Disappointed, I am. Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    Disappointed, I am. Nuff said
    <_< what about me... so much for my upset pick.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

I don't know how you Seahawks fans can sleep at night after tonight.. we all know the truth.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Plats-O'-War!!

Man, Green Bay got screwed badly in the end. The world knew that was an interception. Not only that, but if both refs gave 2 different calls, then their supposed to discuss what happen and come to a conclusion. THAT didn't happen, and in the end, GB was on the short end of the stick.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Lol that was a joke. hopefully this will help get the talks finally done with the real ref's.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yeah, the end was bad. Honestly, I think this could've been avoided if they (Packers) would've attempted to knock the ball down, as they are taught to do in that situation.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    I don't know how you Seahawks fans can sleep at night after tonight.. we all know the truth.
    As a native Washingtonain let me put your anger to rest. Not many people here are happy with the win either. The best excuse the uber-fans can reach for is "payback" for the superbowl which is pretty weak. Trust me, there's far more people here crying foul than celebrating.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Until this weekend, I was of the opinion that the NFL could get along with the replacement referees, that they weren't SO bad that the game would suffer immensely for their presence.

I've changed my mind.

Last night's game was a joke, and the Packers got screwed by the refs. The officiating in the Baltimore-New England game was similarly bad, although it's open to question whether the Patriots were screwed out of a win as well. I sat through a Jets-Dolphins broadcast that took so freaking long the doubleheader game in my area (Texans-Broncos) was almost to halftime by the time we got finished.

I'm ready for the "real" referees to come back now. They might not be very good, but they're light years ahead of where these replacements are now.

They're my team, so a couple of quick Jets' thoughts:

The Jets are in serious trouble now that Darrelle Revis is done for the season. That entire defense is predicated on Revis locking down one guy so the Jets can give help to Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson and so the Jets can blitz to bolster an otherwise anemic pass rush. Heck, the Jets' strategy for winning games is predicated on that, because they simply don't have enough offensive weapons for Mark Sanchez to be consistently successful even if Dustin Keller is healthy.

Also regarding the Jets: They don't make you throw back a win because you don't deserve it.... and the Jets didn't deserve to beat Miami this weekend given how they played. I had to question if Boy Wonder, Offensive Coordinator Extraordinaire (a.k.a. Brian Schottenheimer) was calling the plays for the Jets again, because Gang Green abandoned the run WAY too early. Sure, they weren't getting a ton of yards, but it was a one possession game the entire way and to me that means going with what you plan to unless something else is clearly working (and it wasn't).

All along, I was hoping the Jets could get to their bye at 4-4 by winning the games they're supposed to. I still think that's possible -- their schedule leading to their bye reads SF, Hou, Indy, @NE, Mia -- but I have to wonder if losing Revis means they won't be able to feast on their weak second-half schedule.

And one other unrelated thought: Did the Chiefs screw themselves in the "Matt Barkley Sweepstakes" with their improbable rally at New Orleans on Sunday?

One last thought: How many people in "Survivor" NFL pools are ready to shoot themselves? I imagine a ton of people had New England over Arizona, and just as many had the Saints over the Chiefs.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

40oz to freedom

3-0 That is all

Plats-O'-War!!

Just saw that the NFL upheld the decision made by the "Rent-a-Refs" from last nights game. WOW...........

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    One last thought: How many people in "Survivor" NFL pools are ready to shoot themselves? I imagine a ton of people had New England over Arizona, and just as many had the Saints over the Chiefs.
    I was kicked out last weekend because of Patriots losing to Arizona.

But from what I saw on the site I use the survivor pool went from:
    20k > 9k from this weekend, 183,000 total. (150 > 90 locally, 1000 total)
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Just saw that the NFL upheld the decision made by the "Rent-a-Refs" from last nights game. WOW...........
    Green Bay got screwed, but I don't know what else the NFL could really do. If you can reverse this decision after the fact, what's to prevent every other team that potentially got jobbed by a referee at some point from screaming bloody murder? This isn't the first time a referee has been involved in this sort of thing, and it probably won't be the last.

History lesson: Ed Hochuli screwed up the 1998 season pretty much on his own, and he's still employed by the NFL almost 15 years later!

• In late October, there was an Indianapolis-San Francisco game that Hochuli and his crew handed to the 49ers through a couple of pass interference calls against the Colts that never should have been called.
    • There was a overtime coin toss on Thanksgiving Day that he botched, which meant a 7-4 Steelers club won the toss and the Lions still elected to receive.... moments later, Pittsburgh was 7-5 on the way to 7-9.
    • The following Sunday, Hochuli and his crew were in Foxboro and screwed up the last play of the game so badly that the (then hapless) Patriots got a gift victory with a final play touchdown. The Bills were so incensed they refused to take the field for the extra point.... and Adam Vinatieri ran in the snap for a two-point conversion and a 25-21 win.... in a game where the point spread was 3 1/2.
    • The Sunday after that, Hochuli and his crew were at the Meadowlands. The Jets were down 31-26 in the closing moments and driving for a score when Vinny Testaverde ad-libbed a quarterback draw on fourth-and-goal.... Vinny was brought down a good yard from the goal line, but Hochuli mis-took Testaverde's helmet for the football and called it a touchdown.
    After the season, both Buffalo and Seattle would fire their coaches for failing to make the playoffs.... and both teams might very well have made the playoffs if it wasn't for Ed Hochuli and his crew.

The NFL didn't take any action on those games, except that some of those incidents sped up the return of instant replay to the League. If Ed Hochuli still has a job all these years later, why would Goodell and his crew possible do ANYTHING about last night's fiasco?
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Resident Deadhead

the league and the refs have came to terms with a deal, we will have normal refs for tomorrow nights ravens browns game.

hallefuckingluiah
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Too close game 9-7 leading Ravens @3rd

News Team

I'll just leave this here.

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Baltimore won 23-16. Cleavland hung tough, but the pick-6 Wedden threw in the third quarter was the different in the game. Greg Little didn't help the team's cause when he dropped a sure touchdown that would've made it 23-20.

PPS bar made byRaveNScythE18
    Sig and Avy made by Bladia

The Playboy Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Well with the real refs back, I don't think we'll see any bullshit decisions like that again this season.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast