Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Well the off season is officially a thing of the past as teams are now reporting for training camp. The ...

Monica Rial #1 Fan

The Official NFL 2012-13 Season Thread

Well the off season is officially a thing of the past as teams are now reporting for training camp. The season is just around the corner. Many questions loom this year.

First thing first. One more kudos shot to the Giants for winning the Superbowl this past season....

Can they repeat? Will my Bears offense finally be dynamic, and can they challenge for the division and beyond? Will Dallas actually be good? What will the Pats look like this year? Will the Texans be one of the teams to beat in the AFC? The Eagles? The Packers? The Lions? Will San Francisco get better or will they come back down to earth? And many, many more questions. To say I'm excited is an understatement.

And remember, you play to win the game....

All out of bubblegum.....

I'm declaring this Dallas' year, and saying they will be great. GO BOYS!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    I'm declaring this Broncos' year, and saying they will be great.

Fixed that for ya buddy.
    Last edited by Achilles_XLII; 08-02-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Lvl 7 - Gold

We'll see. Almost every year it seems like a big fuss is made about Dallas and every year they always wind up falling off.

I think I can say that the Giants repeating isn't much of a big deal to me. Don't get me wrong. As a Giants fan, yes, it would be nice if they did repeat. But I guess the best way for me to put it is that I'm just happy the team I follow has managed to win 2 out of the last 5 Super Bowls. They're are fans out their who've never once in their lifetimes seen their teams win the big one, and I can only imagine what that's got to be like. So yeah, repeating would be nice, but at this point I'd just like the Giants to have a good season.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Plats-O'-War!!

So, The Browns were sold finally? Good to hear!! Glad the NEW owner REALLY wanted to buy the franchise. Lerner should've sold the franchise when he "Inherited" it. He truly NEVER cared for the team, but he cares more for his "Average" Soccer team?! Good riddance Randy Lerner, hope your dumb ass move to England for good to babysit your soccer team!! GO BROWNS!!! (And here's hoping my Eagles do WAY better than last season!!!! FLY EAGLES FLY!!! )

News Team

As a Steelers fan I'll be optimistic this year, we'll make the second round of the playoffs.
    I don't expect much more, depends on the D (mostly our cornerbacks).

Toggle Spoiler

Monica Rial #1 Fan

I'm not too happy with this crap with the officials. They need to get that mess sorted out. We don't need scrubs handling the officiating in games that matter.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    I'm not too happy with this crap with the officials. They need to get that mess sorted out. We don't need scrubs handling the officiating in games that matter.
    Get ready for some bad calls this season. I have that weird feeling that some of these "Refs" will screw up somewhere.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My Packers (YES i am an owner, so i can say that) Look ok, patch up the line and get a run game going. Defensively we look alot healthier than in the past, just hope Woodson gets his game going this year.
    but I have a few teams to fear this year...

#1 Carolina, Can Newton with experience under his belt and a full off season (there was a strike last year). My real disappointment is that I wont have CamNewt and TomBrady on my FFL team this year. I got Newton as a late late draft pick... dumb bastards drafted Tebow ahead of him. Probably why I won my league...

#2 Texans... If A.Johnson is 100% they are beasts with that run game. They threatened to win alot of games missing AJ and thier QB (schaub) for most of the season. (yes i KNOW these guys are AFC)

#3 Eagles.. Best team in the league. On PAPER, if they could either get thier crap together OR fire Andy Reid (which I think will happen if he does not get to playoffs this year)

#4 Niners... If you Disagree you were under a ROCK last year. Good team in a weak division spells playoffs for sure.

#5 Lions... If they can stay healthy and if the Packers cant defend the pass Megatron will own the division as the only threat to the Packers this year. Sorry but the Vikings are really really really bad and the Bears need more help on offense like maybe fire Cutler.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Get ready for some bad calls this season. I have that weird feeling that some of these "Refs" will screw up somewhere.
    It would happen with the "regular" referees, too. This isn't a problem that will be properly solved until the League Office bites the bullet and makes referees a full-time job instead of paying a bunch of guys who have "day jobs" to fly somewhere on the weekened to officiate a game.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Here's the statement for everybody to here..... Niners WIN the superbowl this year. They have all the pieces in place. Sure Alex won't be an elite quarterback but he will make the transition this year from game manager to good quarterback. One full season and offseason under Harbaugh will help Alex improve this year. As a team they have an elite TE in Davis, solid receiving core with new weapons "manningham, moss", solid running game "gore, jacobs", arguably the most feared D in the league and don't sleep on 2nd round pick LaMichael James. He can be a Darren Sproles type of runner. Go Niners!
    Epic sig and avy by the one and only Auburn!!
    Sweet platbar by Wadefan1!

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Preach! i expect big things from this defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_XLII View Post
    Fixed that for ya buddy.
    stop being a spin doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    So, The Browns were sold finally? Good to hear!! Glad the NEW owner REALLY wanted to buy the franchise. Lerner should've sold the franchise when he "Inherited" it. He truly NEVER cared for the team, but he cares more for his "Average" Soccer team?! Good riddance Randy Lerner, hope your dumb ass move to England for good to babysit your soccer team!! GO BROWNS!!! (And here's hoping my Eagles do WAY better than last season!!!! FLY EAGLES FLY!!! )
    i always chuckle when i see support for the browns. i bet they will still continue to suck. 5-11 this year? sounds reasonable trollllll lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonKeith View Post
    Here's the statement for everybody to here..... Niners WIN the superbowl this year. They have all the pieces in place. Sure Alex won't be an elite quarterback but he will make the transition this year from game manager to good quarterback. One full season and offseason under Harbaugh will help Alex improve this year. As a team they have an elite TE in Davis, solid receiving core with new weapons "manningham, moss", solid running game "gore, jacobs", arguably the most feared D in the league and don't sleep on 2nd round pick LaMichael James. He can be a Darren Sproles type of runner. Go Niners!
    dont know about a superbowl appearance but i think you guys will make the NFC Championship again. i hope it could be like the old days when the niners and cowboys battles in the playoffs.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Finally some action! This is good enough to be the Superbowl right about now.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

dont know about a superbowl appearance but i think you guys will make the NFC Championship again. i hope it could be like the old days when the niners and cowboys battles in the playoffs.
    That would be a hell of a NFC championship this year
    Epic sig and avy by the one and only Auburn!!
    Sweet platbar by Wadefan1!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Just heard Andy Reids son passed away,can not imagine the hurt he must be going through.

The Playboy Wikipedia

I really do hope the Panthers can do well this season. They've definitely upgraded their offense and defense, and got rid of the unwanted weight. Guess we'll have to wait and see - The first play the Texans in the preseason.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

With Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles and Tony Molakie coming back from injury, and bringing in Eric Winston to play RT no reason why my Chiefs can't win the division. Our D has a chance to be very very solid.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

T.O. agrees w/ Seahawks on 1 year deal.
    http://www.fftoday.com/news/index.php?Item=6241

The negotiation wasn't as fast as Terrell Owens' time in the 40-yard dash on Monday, but it was pretty speedy, as the Seahawks have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with Owens, according to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports. The 38-year-old Owens is one of the most prolific receivers in NFL history, but he's also a full season and one major knee surgery removed from his last game in the NFL.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    I really do hope the Panthers can do well this season. They've definitely upgraded their offense and defense, and got rid of the unwanted weight. Guess we'll have to wait and see - The first play the Texans in the preseason.
    I hope so for my sake... they are my #1 most threatening team for the NFC this year... I don't like looking retarded for overhyping a team that int mine Defensive Secondary would be my only concern for them unless they got their conditioning in check. Most of those close games they lost due to running out of steam late in the game. Probably would have beaten the Packers except for A-Rodg.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    T.O. agrees w/ Seahawks on 1 year deal.
    Fantasy Football News and Analysis - FF Today

Meh, seems like a number boost to get his career totals up... If M.Flynn is QB he will be worth a look Fantasy-wise but if T-Jax is running the offense I dont imagine TO will be any better than he was in Cincy... Not that great. Feels like Seattle is just getting desperate to get a few Vets in the receiving corps and take a little pressure off of Lynch. Seattle is not much of a threat to win the NFC or even the West for that matter. I would say they have a few years yet. It would take an epic meltdown by SF to allow Seattle to win that Div.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast