Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Futbol/Football/Soccer thread!

This is a discussion on The Official Futbol/Football/Soccer thread! within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; So I've been on a football streak lately. Been watching a lot of Fire MLS games, been watching a lot ...

Monica Rial #1 Fan

The Official Futbol/Football/Soccer thread!

So I've been on a football streak lately. Been watching a lot of Fire MLS games, been watching a lot of International Friendlies, been watching any game I can, featuring Chelsea and Barcelona. I know there's lots of fans here, and I'll admit there are still nuances to the game that even after all these years I'm still learning, but there's no question that I am a huge fan.

As stated above my favorite teams aren't too hard to figure out. Favorite players are Diego Forlan, Mesut Özil, Landon Donovan, and of course the greatest current player Lionel Messi.

I wanted to start the thread to get input from other fans here. It'll be a way for me to learn more nuances, and also keep up to date with matchups coming up that are must watches. For instance this upcoming Wednesday when Real Madrid and Barcelona go head to head again.

BTW, even though I love Özil, I'm not a fan of Real Madrid. I know, weird, I root for Özil to do well, but not necessarily the team. LOL

Rangers F.C

Love football to mate , I am a huge Rangers fan and my second team is Manchester United cause they play in a more superior league , my favourite player is Ronaldo
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Kiwi Defender

Glad to see you like Diego Forlan. Such a shame he didn't do well in Inter and went to Brazil . Had he done well I'm sure they wouldn't have underperformed .

Also, the best player for the past 3 years has been Andrés Iniesta, not Messi. Just a little something you might want to fix on the OP .

Anyway, we can talk about any Football league here ? From England's super awesome league to Spain's ultra unbalanced one, going through Germany's great football and USA's/Mexico's average/crappy football ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

We can talk anything. I'll give you Iniesta, he's pretty awesome himself. Still Messi is the guy I love watching most. My favorite was that Iniesta won the best player award about a month ago over Messi and Ronaldo. Messi was genuinely happy for him, but you could tell poor crybaby Ronaldo was disgusted by it. Awww poor baby. LOL

Also wanna give kudos to the US Women's Soccer team. They are a ton of fun to watch, especially Alex Morgan. In fact they are coming to Chicago to play an exhibition on October 20. Planning to go see these awesome ladies in person.

Of course we're still waiting to hear word on who takes over coaching duties for the US Women, and Pis Sundhage is taking over the Swedish National team.

Kiwi Defender

The US Football team is great, they understand and play football like no other female team out there except maybe Japan, but I was heavily disappointed in them winning both the semi-final match against Canada and the final against Japan with a lot of referee help. Made them look bad, just like Barcelona .

Anyhow, 4 days left for another Real Madrid - Barcelona match, and Barcelona's defense been utter crap, and it just gets worse because of Puyol's injury. If Real Madrid plays like last time, I can already count all those goals getting past Valdes' crappy skills .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Didn't realize they were playing each other again. I hope Messi shoves 3 goals up Ronaldo's ass and Barcelona puts the hurting to them.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Didn't realize they were playing each other again. I hope Messi shoves 3 goals up Ronaldo's ass and Barcelona puts the hurting to them.
    That's like wishing for Argentina to win an international tournament anytime soon .

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Anyone seen the WCQ matches? Yeaaaah my country just did this... Sorry about the quality

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Yeah some surprises yesterday. Probably the biggest one was France getting the tie with Spain in Spain.

Seems Portugal is struggling a bit. They lost the other day and only mustered a tie yesterday.

Also, what the hell happened to Uruguay? Are they even going to qualify?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Are you kidding me? How can you think France getting tied with Spain is less likely than Sweden turning 0-4 to 4-4 in less than 35 minutes?! I mean sure we won over France with in EC but still. Germany is better at winning against mediocre teams than Italy or Spain is

Toggle Spoiler

Kiwi Defender

Well, another day, another Real Madrid trashing, another Internazionale win and, to make thigns even better, another loss to Chelsea against the all-time better Manchester United . I wonder how long it'll take for Chelsea to lose the top-spot and go back to watching both Manchester teams from behind .

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    Are you kidding me? How can you think France getting tied with Spain is less likely than Sweden turning 0-4 to 4-4 in less than 35 minutes?! I mean sure we won over France with in EC but still. Germany is better at winning against mediocre teams than Italy or Spain is
    Agreed, not to mention that Spain didn't play with full force nor their main squad, so it wasn't as surprising. Meanwhile, the other match had a team score 4 goals after beign 4 down lol.

Also, Spain hasn't lost in qualifying matches since god knows when, unlike Germany, so that last sentence is actually bollocks.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That Sweden comeback was pretty special! There were a few good games recently in England, but both in the cup... Arsenal came from 4-0 down to beat Reading 7-5 (they scored 2 in the last couple of minutes). Chelsea also managed to beat Man United 5-4, both good games!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by JimTobal View Post
    That Sweden comeback was pretty special! There were a few good games recently in England, but both in the cup... Arsenal came from 4-0 down to beat Reading 7-5 (they scored 2 in the last couple of minutes). Chelsea also managed to beat Man United 5-4, both good games!
    The Arsenal - Reading comeback was out of this world! Even after Arsenal scored 5 times, Reading still managed to take it to extra time. Truly incredible.

And Chelsea... damn you Chelsea! At least I'm glad they barely managed to win with half their starting players on the field, and only thanks to some youngset moron from United screwing up twice. Proves they can't work without Mata, Oscar and Hazard (more the former than the other two).

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Sweden - England 4-2
    Zlatan 4 goals, one bicycle kick
    Sweden medal world cup 2014?

Toggle Spoiler

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    Sweden - England 4-2
    Zlatan 4 goals, one bicycle kick
    Sweden medal world cup 2014?
    Zlatan did what ? Holy crap, I've got to find a Youtube vid for that! Even if it is England, scoring 4 goals on a game is no easy feat .

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hahah, some people say it's the volley of the century. I dunno but atleast top 10, ya'll should've heard my screams. You could see he was going to do a bicycle kick and I was like no WAY and then I was like way but it's going to go over and than I was like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ahahahahahahah! Zlatan you beautiful bastard!

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That overhead was some finish! Hart should never have gone all the way out for that header though... Seems appropriate that Zlatan would take all-time top scorer for Sweden on the opening of their new stadium.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by JimTobal View Post
    That overhead was some finish! Hart should never have gone all the way out for that header though... Seems appropriate that Zlatan would take all-time top scorer for Sweden on the opening of their new stadium.
    Hart is one lucky moron. He screws up a lot, specially with England (just look at his Euro performance). Him handing Zlatan such a ball is not surprising at this moment .

Still, this is definitely one of the most memorable bicycle kicks ever, without a doubt. Not only was it one spectacular finish, but was also done on the opening for a new stadium and it was Zlatan's fourth goal. Truly memorable.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 10 - Platinum

So glad the Torres is regaining championship form, its going to benefit Chelsea incredibly! I think he has 5 goals in the last 3 games, awesome!
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lvl 1 - Bronze

He does seem to be doing pretty well at the moment - some big scores all round in the prem over the last couple of weeks. Hasn't done my fantasy team many favours!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast