Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2013 Fantasy Baseball

This is a discussion on 2013 Fantasy Baseball within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; I run a few fantasy baseball leagues every year, and I would like to start one up for this website. ...

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

2013 Fantasy Baseball

I run a few fantasy baseball leagues every year, and I would like to start one up for this website.

Yahoo is far and away the best fantasy website, so I will be using yahoo as the home website. This is the only thing that I will not leave up for discussion, as playing on ESPN or CBS really detracts from the fantasy experience for me .

It will be a league with mostly default rules, all of which are up for debate, but would need majority to change. I am a democratic commissioner, so if people voice their concern, I will adhere to them, even if I have an opposing viewpoint.

Default rules start with 5x5 scoring (Runs, HR, RBI, SB, AVG X Wins, Strikeouts, Saves, ERA, WHIP). Default also implies Head to Head, but either H2H or Roto is fine with me, also if we can only come up with an odd number of players, Roto will have to do.
    Trades, I would prefer to have commissioner ruling on, as most people do not stay active enough in a fantasy baseball league. But if preferred by the league, I will do league vote.

I also prefer to not have waivers, as I employ the pitch and ditch philosophy of fantasy baseball in head 2 head formats, but am open to whatever.

If this really takes off and is successful, we can turn this into a keeper league down the road, or perhaps a dynasty league (a league that plays multiple sports with the same people).

Also, I am aware of the issues in trying to set a date for a Live Draft. What I do is take all the people who actually respond to the "what day and time is good for you" discussion and set up a date set in stone from those responses. I will not move the date after that unless majority wishes it, but it will need to be more than majority (i.e. 7+ people in a 12 man league)

I keep active the entire season and will update Commissioner's notes and discussions within the league, unless I am the only one, and end up talking to myself.

Leave a message below if you are interested and I will PM you when Yahoo opens it's fantasy baseball leagues, which generally happens the week following the Super Bowl.
    1. ooga - L I Bombers
    2. UMA - The U.M.A.
    3. Jay Hawk - Nippon_Sushi
    4. patangashty - Fighting Cornstalks
    5. Skyhook - Marshtown Mudcats
    6. soccereric587 - Canadians
    7. El_Cid - Tokugawa Red Dragons
    8. Jaggy - Crash
    9. paperkup - PK's Bosox
    10. videogameman - TroyandtheRoys
    11. - Super Baseball 2020
    12. Qurb - Boston Red Shirts
    Last edited by ooga; 09-30-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

I am interested. Never done fantasy baseball though.
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

Group platbar by DaRe_xLw

September MotM 2013

I guess i'll join. Did Fantasy Baseball with a couple of friends in real life last year for the first time (on Yahoo) and managed to win the whole thing and oddly enough it was Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Lvl 11 - Elite

That's the only site I used for all fantasy leagues, I'm interested to join but I don't do live draft I prefer auto pick will that be an issue let me know, thanks

GO NATS!
    Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 44 just started

Chocobo Master

I think I shall join Bob.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    That's the only site I used for all fantasy leagues, I'm interested to join but I don't do live draft I prefer auto pick will that be an issue let me know, thanks

GO NATS!
    Not sure how the commish will run things, but I know in 2 of the fantasy football leagues I was in this year, guys felt the same way. They just sat out the draft and let it autopick based on their board. Depending on work, I may be in the same boat as far as doing autodraft
    My old (PS3) PSN trophy collection: http://psntrophyleaders.com/user/view/Jaggy2872#games

It will be a Live draft, but as far as drafting its extremely rare to have the entire league there. So I have no issues with people letting yahoo auto draft for them.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

Server Technician

Sign me up! I have only done Fastasy Football so far, so this should be fun.

I love football season!

I'm in! I typically join a Yahoo public league for baseball, so this would be an improvement.

iCard by pittsteeler36

September MotM 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Unred View Post
    Sign me up! I have only done Fastasy Football so far, so this should be fun.
    Oh this just got interesting....Bring it on Unred

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im in fantasy baseball is awesome.

Lvl 11 - Elite

Commish,

Once the season starts it would be a good idea to write the yahoo team name by each member that joins that way we know who from this site we will face week in and week out if thats koo with you + other players, just saying.

the way you set up the stats for fantasy points are the standard one for H2H competions which i like and prefer over Roto.
    Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting

Lvl 4 - Silver

Never really done fantasy baseball before Im in!!
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Commish,

Once the season starts it would be a good idea to write the yahoo team name by each member that joins that way we know who from this site we will face week in and week out if thats koo with you + other players, just saying.

the way you set up the stats for fantasy points are the standard one for H2H competions which i like and prefer over Roto.
    Was planning on it

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

Hey Jerks! if your name doesnt have a team name next to it in the OP, you have not yet joined the league but have been sent an invitation.

Join already. Sheesh.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ooga View Post
    Hey Jerks! if your name doesnt have a team name next to it in the OP, you have not yet joined the league but have been sent an invitation.

Join already. Sheesh.
    I still haven't received an invite. Not sure if you missed me or if my email sent you to spam and I missed it. Perhaps ask before jumping like that

Lvl 11 - Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post
    I still haven't received an invite. Not sure if you missed me or if my email sent you to spam and I missed it. Perhaps ask before jumping like that
    Patience is key........its not easy!!!

I am the Red Dragons.....I was meaning to sign up for the past few days but keep forgetting..........so I am in!

its fun when there are 12 teams, but with what we have we need even number of teams or else it will change from H2H to ROTO.

ROTO is like the football league where the team with the highest total points or is in 1st place wins!!

H2H is fun because of the playoff format..........6 teams in 6 teams out...............hope more peeps can join.....

3 OPEN SLOTS LEFT.............SEASON STARTS MARCH 31st!!

Chocobo Master

Looks like UMA and I go at it. Should be fun.
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Lol. That message was joking. Take it easy. The sooner everyone is in the sooner we can start setting stuff up and deciding things.

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Got it this time. All set

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast