Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The NHL 2013-14 Season discussion thread.

This is a discussion on The NHL 2013-14 Season discussion thread. within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; The puck's about to drop on a long awaited, full length season and there's stories brewing up everywhere. - Iginla's ...

Banned

The NHL 2013-14 Season discussion thread.

The puck's about to drop on a long awaited, full length season and there's stories brewing up everywhere.

- Iginla's on Boston and heading back to play Calgary.
    - Alfredsson's on Detroit and heading back to play Ottawa.
    - Chicago starting a young dynasty?
    - Crosby's health?

What's your thoughts?

She Got Me Up All Night

I'd just like to see what happens with NJ between the pipe situation goes and how the flyers will adjust this season.
    PPS bar by Smashguy

Sig & Avy by Dare

Made by Pancake Model

子連れ狼

So many transfers, trades, releases........we will see how the off-season shapes up for the start of the season!

Can't wait for the NHL winter classic matchups though!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    So many transfers, trades, releases........we will see how the off-season shapes up for the start of the season!

oh yeah the winter classics this year are gonna be awesome. I am gonna try and make some practice sessions this year, maybe some pre-season games. I am also ready to see how the goalies are this year with the new pad sizes and all. More goals?

Sig by Pancake Model, Plat bar by xEl_Cidx

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post

The stadium series will be awesome. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to get tickets for the Pens v. Blackhawks matchup in Chicago.
    Last Platinum: #11 - Resogun

Currently Playing: Grid 2, Persona 4: Golden (Vita), PixelJunk Monsters HD (Vita)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    I'd just like to see what happens with NJ between the pipe situation goes and how the flyers will adjust this season.
    I never thought of that. I don't have a clue what New Jersey is gonna do when Brodeur leaves. How do you replace the greatest goaltender ever?

子連れ狼

Quote Originally Posted by geobru View Post
    oh yeah the winter classics this year are gonna be awesome. I am gonna try and make some practice sessions this year, maybe some pre-season games. I am also ready to see how the goalies are this year with the new pad sizes and all. More goals?
    If more goals are scored that would excite the offense happy fans haha minus the defense minded fans!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Money2319 View Post
    The stadium series will be awesome. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to get tickets for the Pens v. Blackhawks matchup in Chicago.
    Just being there at the game is an unforgettable experience!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    You're not the only one. Most of us in Jersey are wondering how our coach plans to handle that one. I'm not particularly confident myself, not after watching how this same coach botched all sorts of lineup decisions last year.

As for the Flyers, they spent the off-season not addressing the problems that led to them missing the playoffs by a wide margin last year. Their defense still sucks, and their best goaltender is still Lennay Kekua. I expect the Flyers to be in the thick of the race for the #1 overall pick in next June's draft.

Quote Originally Posted by effdeegee View Post
    I never thought of that. I don't have a clue what New Jersey is gonna do when Brodeur leaves. How do you replace the greatest goaltender ever?
    You must not have been paying much attention this summer, because the Devils traded for a #1 goaltender on Draft Day. Cory Schneider will almost certainly be the #1 guy going forward, and could even end up being that guy this season.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

The Playboy Wikipedia

I'm hoping that a certain member from the previous thread doesn't come in here to only post game results, because that shit got annoying real fast.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Kings/Ducks outdoor game at Dodger Stadium. I'm hoping to be in LA for that game, as it's a day before my Birthday. The outdoor game at Yankee Stadium between the Rangers and Devils falls exactly on my Birthday (January 26), but I'd rather be in warm weather, and not freezing my nuts off.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    You must not have been paying much attention this summer, because the Devils traded for a #1 goaltender on Draft Day. Cory Schneider will almost certainly be the #1 guy going forward, and could even end up being that guy this season.
    He should be a good fit there. It will be interesting to see how he develops during the next 2-3 years.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Are there any NYRanger fans here? Am I the only person who thinks the Rangers are absolutely retarded for NOT buying out Brad Richards? Idk what the Rangers see in him, but they must be seriously blind if they think losing all your top players for this guy is "What's best for the team". Especially since he hasn't lived up to who he was supposed to be when we originally got him from Tampa Bay. I guess with a paycheck like his, he feels like he can slack off and still rake in all the money and credit while the rest of the team kisses his ass and picks up his slack.

On a different note, I'm interested in seeing how this NJDevils situation pans out as well. Really looking forward to seeing Schneider in action rocking out in a Devils Jersey. I've got high hopes for the Devils this year seeing as Brodeur and Hedberg seemed to have lost their 'pizzazz' over the years..

You can't insult someone who's feeling's don't get hurt.

Sig by: djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by xMusiicAddictx View Post
    Are there any NYRanger fans here? Am I the only person who thinks the Rangers are absolutely retarded for NOT buying out Brad Richards?
    The Rangers still have an amnesty buyout remaining, and the other window in which to use those is next summer. I imagine the Rangers plan is to use it then, under the assumption that Richards doesn't get hurt and scuttle the entire plan (injured players CANNOT be bought out). Richards has been very healthy throughout his career, so it's a calculated risk that he won't suddenly become injury-prone at Age 33.

I go back and forth on the issue. Perhaps Richards' problems with the Blueshirts was tied to their previous head coach, and the hope of management is that the coaching change will get him back on track. And perhaps the plan all along was to exercise the buyout in the summer of 2014, because they'll really need the cap space next summer to help extricate themselves from the salary cap mess they'll be in.

Richards is still a productive player, and a little improvement over his numbers from the last two years would make him well worth his paycheck and cap hit. The Rangers just have to expunge that contract as quickly as possible... not only won't Brad Richards be worth the cap hit in a few years, but I don't see any possibility that Richards plays out the entire length of the deal and the cap recapture penalties if he retires early will be troublesome.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

The Playboy Wikipedia

At least the Rangers have the opportunity to buy out Richards. The Sharks on the other hand can't get rid of Havlat as he's far too injury prone, and no team wants him.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by effdeegee View Post
    Brodeur greatest goaltender ever! We never wanna see him go. An absolute professional.

Sig by Pancake Model, Plat bar by xEl_Cidx

子連れ狼

Quote Originally Posted by geobru View Post
    Brodeur greatest goaltender ever! We never wanna see him go. An absolute professional.
    Classy goaltender, and won't be easily forgotten when he goes, the fact that he played his WHOLE career in NJ says a lot! I don't think NJ will ever have another goalie as him, and be able to break all of his records!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I just remembered yesterday that we get exhibition games in like two weeks!!!!

I wanna see how the Boston fans (since I am one) react to Iginla now that we've signed him. I doubt we'll take to him right away.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

The Playboy Wikipedia

It really is rare these days to see a player go his entire career with just one franchise. It's gonna be a sad day when Brodeur retires. Also, I was contemplating on possibly going to another NHL game when I go to LA, but I may be able to still go to the Kings/Ducks outdoor game, thanks to some connections

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    I wanna see how the Boston fans (since I am one) react to Iginla now that we've signed him. I doubt we'll take to him right away.
    I'd like to think that Bruins fans are smart enough to recognize a perfect fit as soon as they hear it. Iginla's personality will be sorely missed in Calgary but, as a 30-year Bruins fan myself, I can safely assume that he'll undoubtedly be quite welcome in Beantown. Personally, I think they should give him the "A" right away.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Just a few more days till NHL 14 comes out. It'll be the closest thing to actual hockey before the preseason games start.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If you haven't seen this yet, watch it. Patrick Kane is ridiculous:

Yes, I understand that at least the end is almost certainly fake, but I'm willing to bet the stick handling is not.

Anyways, even better than that is Brandon Bollig's hilarious response:

Last Platinum: #11 - Resogun

Currently Playing: Grid 2, Persona 4: Golden (Vita), PixelJunk Monsters HD (Vita)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast