Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Fans of Rugby League

This is a discussion on Fans of Rugby League within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; I thought I would start a thread about the greatest game on earth. Not many people on this site would ...

Huge Gaming Backlog

Fans of Rugby League

I thought I would start a thread about the greatest game on earth. Not many people on this site would know much about it except for the English, Kiwis and Aussies.
    This is where you can chat about anything related to NRL, Super League or international games.

This is a clip for anybody who doesn't know what Rugby League is. This video is of the NRL. Which is the Australian competition.

Last edited by Reiner; 09-24-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Huge Gaming Backlog

With the Four Nations on at the moment who do you think will make the final. It's probably to early to tell yet but I think Australia always has a good chance. Especially with it being Lockyers last few games the team will lift to hopefully send him off in style.
    The Kiwis are the ones to watch out for. They haven't played to good the last two times they've met the Aussies but after the last World Cup it shows they can turn it on when it matters.
    The English have the strongest side I've seen in a while. They smashed Wales on the weekend and look to be a real contender for the final.
    Last edited by Reiner; 11-01-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Definitely Australia and NZ final, those are the strongest two natons in the world in my opinion.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Huge Gaming Backlog

Well it can't get much better for Australia.
    Unfortunately we lost Willie Tonga to injury but now we get to bring in the superstar GI.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Round 1:

Australia 26
    Vs
    New Zealand 12

England 42
    Vs
    Wales 4

Round 2:

Wales 0
    Vs
    New Zealand 36

England 20
    Vs
    Australia 36

Round 3

England 28
    Vs
    New Zealand 6

Australia 56
    Vs
    Wales 16

FINAL

England 8
    Vs
    Australia 30

Killer Avatar and Plat Card courtesy of Wadefan1
    At Underground Paradise
    Last edited by Reiner; 11-19-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Roo Commander

Awesome we smashed England, unfortunately haven't been keeping up with it this year.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Unfortunately, I have a feeling Australia will win the Four Nations this year...even though I want the Kiwis to win.

Also, what team is y'all favourites? For me, it's the Manly Sea Eagles and the Warriors (and not just because they played in the Finals). I've been a fan of both teams for years. So to see both of them in the Finals this year was really hard for me. I was just glad the Storm didn't make it to the Finals.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Huge Gaming Backlog

I'm a proud Queenslander so Cowboys, Broncos and Titans. Titans would be my number one because I live on the Goldy. This year was terrible for me. So many times I came close to kicking my T.V. in. We have a few good players signed for next year so hopefully they go better. Well I suppose you can't get any worse than the wooden spoon.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Stay golden, Ponyboy

I'm from America, but I've been playing rugby in P.E. the past month or so. I actually enjoy rugby a lot even though it's touch, wish we could tackle lol.

EA should make a legit Rugby game for PS3, like NBA Live or Madden NFL series..
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

The Playboy Wikipedia

I had a feeling this would happen...England beat New Zealand 28-6, which means it's Australia vs England in the Finals.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well as I guess the All blacks done in a compressive way, but must say the opposition have a good battle as well. Any way finally the team which I supported managed to grebe the cup from the French men.
    Searching for reliable damp and damp proofing solutions.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I don't watch international football doesn't interest me, Australia will win the final.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Roo Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    Unfortunately, I have a feeling Australia will win the Four Nations this year...even though I want the Kiwis to win.

Also, what team is y'all favourites? For me, it's the Manly Sea Eagles and the Warriors (and not just because they played in the Finals). I've been a fan of both teams for years. So to see both of them in the Finals this year was really hard for me. I was just glad the Storm didn't make it to the Finals.
    Eww bloody Manly. The Warriors are cool but I'm an Eels fan I love them and also the Raiders mainly cause my cousin played for them. As for State Of Origin, my location says Sydney so obviously I'm a Blues supporter.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Australia wins the Four Nations final.
    Score was level 55 minutes into the match before Australia ran away with it ending the game 30 to 8 wth retiring legend Darren Lockyer scoring the final try with a minute to go. Lockyer given the ball to to kick the goal from right in front. It was the worst kick of his career, slicing it and missing the post.

Last edited by Reiner; 11-20-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Huge Gaming Backlog

The Legend Darren Lockyer

Darren in 2006 with the State of Origin Trophy, The World Cup Trophy and NRL Grand Final Winners Trophy. Also won the Golden Boot Trophy that year for being voted best player in the world.

Holding the State of Origin Shield after captaining the Maroons to a record 6th straight series win.

The Legend

He will be greatly missed.
    Last edited by Reiner; 11-20-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Roo Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Reiner View Post
    Score was level 55 minutes into the match before Australia ran away with it ending the game 30 to 8 wth retiring legend Darren Lockyer scoring the final try with a minute to go. Lockyer given the ball to to kick the goal from right in front. It was the worst kick of his career, slicing it and missing the post.
    Awesome! I knew we'd win. Send Lockyer out on a high.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    I'm from America, but I've been playing rugby in P.E. the past month or so. I actually enjoy rugby a lot even though it's touch, wish we could tackle lol.

EA should make a legit Rugby game for PS3, like NBA Live or Madden NFL series..
    There has been a previous Rugby series for the Playstation and this year addition was Rugby World Cup 2011

Some other Rugby related game are Rugby Challenge and Rugby League Live

Back on track GO THE WARRIORS and the world champ kiwis

Roo Commander

They are only the champs in Union not League.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    They are only the champs in Union not League.
    Unfortunately mate I think New Zealand are still the World Champs. We lost the final in the last World Cup. Spewin. Australia played the shit out of that tournament but we lost the one game that mattered.

The Playboy Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Eww bloody Manly. The Warriors are cool but I'm an Eels fan I love them and also the Raiders mainly cause my cousin played for them. As for State Of Origin, my location says Sydney so obviously I'm a Blues supporter.
    lol I get that response a lot. As for the State of Origin, I go for NSW. Mainly because I can't bloody stand Billy Slater.

Was there really any doubt that the Kangaroos were gonna lose that game? As for that kick, I laughed at it. I think he did as well.

Unfortunately mate I think New Zealand are still the World Champs. We lost the final in the last World Cup. Spewin. Australia played the shit out of that tournament but we lost the one game that mattered.
    You are correct. Until the next Rugby League World Cup (which is 2013), the Kiwis are still listed as World Champions. The Kangaroos are Four Nations Champions. And because of the World Cup, there will be no Four Nations next season. Meaning that Australia and England will have to meet 22 months before they meet again...which will be at the Rugby League World Cup, as Australia and England are in the same pool, along with Fiji and Ireland. Pool B will feature New Zealand, France, Samoa and Papua New Guinea. 14 teams will play in the tournament.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast