Page 102 of 185 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3693

WWE Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by holycrapoly So, I'm thinking about Ryback versus Punk at HiaC... - Ryback is undefeated - Punk has ...

  1. #2021
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,749
    Reputation
    449

    Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    So, I'm thinking about Ryback versus Punk at HiaC...

    - Ryback is undefeated
    - Punk has been champ for damn near a year.
    - Punk can't keep the title by DQ, Count-out, or Running Away
    - Ryback has never been down for a long stretch of time (selling moves, if you will)

    How can WWE keep the title on Punk, and keep Ryback's undefeated streak? My first thought is having another draw like at Night of Champions...but that sounds dumb. What do you think? I feel like WWE wants Punk to keep the title until Survivor Series.
    I think what they should have done was have a 3 way dance with Cena, Punk and Ryback. That way Ryback could have looked strong (without having to be the main focus) and Punk could have pinned Cena. Maybe even have Ryback lay out Cena and then punk lowblows him and goes for the pin himself.

    This would have accomplished a lot of things. One Ryback remains undefeated but doesn't get the titles. Two it shows he can hang with the champs and gives him a legitimate reason for wanting another title shot (because it should have been his victory) Three it could also continue the Cena/Punk feud because Punk only won because someone else got involved.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  2. #2022
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    So, I'm thinking about Ryback versus Punk at HiaC...

    - Ryback is undefeated
    - Punk has been champ for damn near a year.
    - Punk can't keep the title by DQ, Count-out, or Running Away
    - Ryback has never been down for a long stretch of time (selling moves, if you will)

    How can WWE keep the title on Punk, and keep Ryback's undefeated streak? My first thought is having another draw like at Night of Champions...but that sounds dumb. What do you think? I feel like WWE wants Punk to keep the title until Survivor Series.
    Lesnar run in.

  3. #2023
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,108
    Reputation
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Lesnar run in.
    OOOOOO good one. I didn't think of this. The Heyman stuff...I like it.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  4. #2024
    PRO Member
    Goal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hub of Champions
    Posts
    162
    Reputation
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Lesnar run in.
    That's one of the better ideas to make it work out. I hope that it's something along those lines, be it Lesnar, Cesaro, or someone out of left field. If Punk loses clean to a guy that hasn't had a five minute match in his current gimmick, would really undermine the whole "Best in the World" act. If Ryback loses clean, kinda cuts of the momentum for the hottest act to come along in years.

    Hopefully this is the start of a "Paul Heyman guys" faction (or at least something along those lines), but after watching WWE for many, many moons, also aware that they tend to make some stupid booking decisions to spite their own faces.


    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

  5. #2025
    An old-fashioned cowboy
    SirDrRoger's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,508
    Reputation
    37

    Did this week's Raw seem filled to the brim. It seemed like in almost every match there was someone that got the jobber entrance treatment.

    Anyway if do they do go with the Lesnar run-in hopefully that leads to a 5 on 5 elimination match at Survivor Series.

  6. #2026
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    tenacious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    346
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I think what they should have done was have a 3 way dance with Cena, Punk and Ryback. That way Ryback could have looked strong (without having to be the main focus) and Punk could have pinned Cena. Maybe even have Ryback lay out Cena and then punk lowblows him and goes for the pin himself.

    This would have accomplished a lot of things. One Ryback remains undefeated but doesn't get the titles. Two it shows he can hang with the champs and gives him a legitimate reason for wanting another title shot (because it should have been his victory) Three it could also continue the Cena/Punk feud because Punk only won because someone else got involved.
    I assumed a Triple Threat match was going to happen for a while, but I guess not. The only explanation I can think of is that Cena won't be 100% at HIAC.

    On another topic, in a weird "self-spoiler" by WWE, they revealed that Kingston beat Miz for the IC title on Main Event... which isn't airing until tomorrow. Maybe someone who attended already spoiled it, I don't know. They posted this to show it off:

    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."






  7. #2027
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,108
    Reputation
    23

    Cool. Kofi won. Yay.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  8. #2028
    Up the Irons!
    APriceless's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,749
    Reputation
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Lesnar run in.
    I didn't think about that. That's a great idea, and I hope that's what happens.

    Toggle Spoiler


    "Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

    "You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

  9. #2029
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    eternalunderdog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The kennel
    Posts
    1,210
    Reputation
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by tenacious View Post
    I assumed a Triple Threat match was going to happen for a while, but I guess not. The only explanation I can think of is that Cena won't be 100% at HIAC.

    On another topic, in a weird "self-spoiler" by WWE, they revealed that Kingston beat Miz for the IC title on Main Event... which isn't airing until tomorrow. Maybe someone who attended already spoiled it, I don't know. They posted this to show it off:
    I Think WWE is really trying to garner some interest in Main Event, and this is one of those teasers to say "this isn't Superstars, real stuff will happen on this show".
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

    The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

    Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

  10. #2030
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,108
    Reputation
    23

    Okay, so I now have a new idea for Punk v Ryback. It's not Brock Lesnar... its the NEW and IMPROVED JACK SWAGGER!!!

    Ryback gave him his most recent defeat.
    He hasn't made an impact in quite some time.
    Paul Heyman is a smart guy.
    WWE wants to save the Lesnar dates for the Road to Wrestlemania.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  11. #2031
    Backlog Grinding
    Redshirt64's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    8

    The Hell in a Cell match between Punk (Huge Fan) and Ryback (Huge Fan) will not be a clean finish in anyway. They are not going to have Punk drop the belt to Ryback because it would make Punk look ill-legitimate and would seriously denounce his long title reign that has been getting a lot of buzz. Ryback needs to be made to look stong in this match while still losing and the only way that will happen is with a Lesnar run-in. This will set up the Survivor Series 5 on 5 match with team Cena and Ryback against Team Punk and Lesnar. Punk is currently being advertised for the Survivor Series 5 on 5 match so the Lesnar run in scenario seems most likely to happen.


    Currently playing -->


  12. #2032
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Honestly I hope Punk loses, his reign has been boring, I liked him for a month because he was a little edgy, then he became a stupid normal face.

  13. #2033
    Monica Rial #1 Fan
    The Legend Killer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Windy City!
    Posts
    1,804
    Reputation
    64



    It's what I figure will happen to keep the title on Punk. I mean there's no way they'd be stupid enough to put the belt on Ryback already, is there?

    Also why does Punk need to keep proving himself against Cena. How many times has he beaten Cena? Just another reason I hate this whole stage of events.

  14. #2034
    PRO Member
    Goal's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hub of Champions
    Posts
    162
    Reputation
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    Okay, so I now have a new idea for Punk v Ryback. It's not Brock Lesnar... its the NEW and IMPROVED JACK SWAGGER!!!

    Ryback gave him his most recent defeat.
    He hasn't made an impact in quite some time.
    Paul Heyman is a smart guy.
    WWE wants to save the Lesnar dates for the Road to Wrestlemania.
    I can dance to this beat, since I don't see Lesnar wrestling anytime before a possible cameo at Royal Rumble. With the ratings being in the gutter, I can see the logic of using the Lesnar card sooner, even if it is a quick jump-in at HITC. However, it may be more beneficial to have a Heyman stable of Swagger and a few others do the run in at HITC to set up the Survivor Series match. I just can't see how they have either Punk or Ryback do a clean job without hurting their characters in the process.


    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

  15. #2035
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,108
    Reputation
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Goal View Post
    I can dance to this beat, since I don't see Lesnar wrestling anytime before a possible cameo at Royal Rumble. With the ratings being in the gutter, I can see the logic of using the Lesnar card sooner, even if it is a quick jump-in at HITC. However, it may be more beneficial to have a Heyman stable of Swagger and a few others do the run in at HITC to set up the Survivor Series match. I just can't see how they have either Punk or Ryback do a clean job without hurting their characters in the process.
    3MB and Swagger?
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  16. #2036
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    eternalunderdog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The kennel
    Posts
    1,210
    Reputation
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Honestly I hope Punk loses, his reign has been boring, I liked him for a month because he was a little edgy, then he became a stupid normal face.
    Except that Punk is the heel in this scenario.


    At least we got to give WWE credit for not doing the Goldberg Title goof. By that I mean Goldberg's first World title win was given away for free on Nitro, at least IF (and I don't think they will) they give the belt to Ryback they did it on PPV.


    As far as Lesnar, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as I think the rumors were he would be on Survivor Series.

    Finally if they do decide to make a Heyman stable I personally vote for Punk, Lesnar, Swagger, and Mark Henry.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

    The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

    Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

  17. #2037
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    Except that Punk is the heel in this scenario.


    At least we got to give WWE credit for not doing the Goldberg Title goof. By that I mean Goldberg's first World title win was given away for free on Nitro, at least IF (and I don't think they will) they give the belt to Ryback they did it on PPV.


    As far as Lesnar, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as I think the rumors were he would be on Survivor Series.

    Finally if they do decide to make a Heyman stable I personally vote for Punk, Lesnar, Swagger, and Mark Henry.
    With the same stupid story for a couple of months, with the same opponents.

  18. #2038
    Ice Cream Firefighter
    great_daze_tazer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,395
    Reputation
    351

    I just have 3 words to say to everyone........

    Ryback for President

    Hope Ryback Wins
    I never have liked CM Dump


    PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer


    Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles






  19. #2039
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Yay, glad I'm not the only one

    I find Ryback much more entertaining than Goldberg.

  20. #2040
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,203
    Reputation
    30

    I missed RAW since Night of Champions but watched the latest episode because I found out that Ryback was actually getting involved in a proper storyline. As much as I want Ryback to win. It's just far too predictable that Cm Punk will be the one to end his undefeated streak. I can't see Ryback as a champion yet anyway.

    A Rivalry that Ryback would be good in is Ryback Vs Big Show that would be awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO