Page 109 of 185 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3692

WWE Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Worst PPV ever!...

Vacation - 26th September

Worst PPV ever!

Avatar & GDT bar made by djunglist / Signature made by dsluckay / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 9 - Gold

So CM Punk wins and defends his title, great- not the important part. The important thing Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins FINALLY make their main roster debut ambushing Ryback during the main event.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 9 - Gold

It was the worst thing ever. One of the big four PPVs. I was hoping for someone like Brock Lesnar with him being a Heyman guy would make more sense and we all know he's coming back.

WWE creative team are idiots. Why choose superstars that are Rookies to appear in the main event and screw Ryback. Makes no sense

Lvl 5 - Silver

That Monkey Flip on Ziggler was just bananas. Also, did Zigger beat Orton with Sweet Chin Music. O.o

PPV was okay. I was almost not going to watch it because it didn't exactly catch my interest all that much.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Worst PPV ever!
    From someone who has obviously never seen December to Dismember.

It was a decent show. Opening match was good for getting exposure to some of the high flyers. Sheamus Vs. Big Show was good till the crappy finish. Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler was also a solid match. Hell even the main event was better than I would called it to be going in, but I grant you the ending was a clusterf*** of nonsense. However I'm willing to forgive some of that just because Rollins and Ambrose got a PPV debut so hopefully something is being planned for these guys to get them integrated to the main roster.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    It was the worst thing ever. One of the big four PPVs. I was hoping for someone like Brock Lesnar with him being a Heyman guy would make more sense and we all know he's coming back.

WWE creative team are idiots. Why choose superstars that are Rookies to appear in the main event and screw Ryback. Makes no sense
    It makes a vague bit of sense to have Lesnar attack Ryback, but only because of past association with Heyman. But other than that it is complete crap. Lesnar gets nothing from returning to attack Ryback. Why would Lesnar defend a title holder that is not him? It's garbage. And if the idea is to create a match between Lesnar and Ryback there are better ways to do it.
    I'm not saying I'm 100% behind the rookies attacking Ryback, but this can be developed better. There is already the underlying idea that Maddox had some connection to Punk, and these guys bolster that idea. It leaves Punk in a position to surround himself with not just a faction, but a talented faction that could have some real stand out performers.
    On the other side if you bring back Lesnar you have to explain why a guy whose would clearly label himself as the dominant force would be willing to act almost as an underling to Punk. It doesn't fit Lesnar in anyway.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I thought the 5 on 5 Team Ziggler vs Team Foley match was pretty good, with a lot of good spots.

Love seeing Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns coming up to the main roster, and hopefully adding a new small stable to the mix. Ending could have been better, but there had to be some way to take Ryback out of the title picture (he's not ready yet), and at the same time not weaken him. Having three of your biggest upstarts move up to the main roster is amazing way to do so.

Just need Bray Wyatt to move up next, and I'll have all the guys who I think should be on the main roster from FCW/NXT moved up.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    It makes a vague bit of sense to have Lesnar attack Ryback, but only because of past association with Heyman. But other than that it is complete crap. Lesnar gets nothing from returning to attack Ryback. Why would Lesnar defend a title holder that is not him? It's garbage. And if the idea is to create a match between Lesnar and Ryback there are better ways to do it.
    I'm not saying I'm 100% behind the rookies attacking Ryback, but this can be developed better. There is already the underlying idea that Maddox had some connection to Punk, and these guys bolster that idea. It leaves Punk in a position to surround himself with not just a faction, but a talented faction that could have some real stand out performers.
    On the other side if you bring back Lesnar you have to explain why a guy whose would clearly label himself as the dominant force would be willing to act almost as an underling to Punk. It doesn't fit Lesnar in anyway.
    Yeah that is a point. But still completely disagree with the rookies. What also doesn't make sense it in some matches when that happens decisions are reversed or match restarted like the Sheamus Vs Big Show match. But they never do it with Punk seems unbalanced.

Lvl 9 - Gold

"Worst PPV Ever!" You won't be saying that when those 3 guys dominate with Punk. I'm no super Indy mark, but that was cool.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Yeah that is a point. But still completely disagree with the rookies. What also doesn't make sense it in some matches when that happens decisions are reversed or match restarted like the Sheamus Vs Big Show match. But they never do it with Punk seems unbalanced.
    A triple threat is supposed to be no disqualification. It's the one advantage that the Champion does get from the match being that way.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    A triple threat is supposed to be no disqualification. It's the one advantage that the Champion does get from the match being that way.
    Yeah I know that, Cm Punk couldn't lose the title anyway even if it was DQ. Champions can only change via pinfall or submission even in a DQ match. But they should have had Mr Mcmahon come out and restart the match or something.

Lvl 9 - Gold

And you have a bit of a valid argument here, even if Punk was not DQ'd the match could have been restarted because of the interference, but it wouldn't have changed anything. Cena would still be out in the ring and Punk would just cover him again.

I think though that you are missing what the debut rookies really bring to the table in terms of story possibilities, not to mention raw talent (hey look a pun). Heyman and Punk both have experience as leaders, both men are great talkers when heading a group. And now they have a batch of rookies that they can mold and unleash like wild dogs into the WWE. If done right this could be an incredible faction.

PRO Member

And you have a bit of a valid argument here, even if Punk was not DQ'd the match could have been restarted because of the interference, but it wouldn't have changed anything. Cena would still be out in the ring and Punk would just cover him again.

I think though that you are missing what the debut rookies really bring to the table in terms of story possibilities, not to mention raw talent (hey look a pun). Heyman and Punk both have experience as leaders, both men are great talkers when heading a group. And now they have a batch of rookies that they can mold and unleash like wild dogs into the WWE. If done right this could be an incredible faction.
    I agree completely. If you were booking for short term only, then a Lesnar run-in makes some sense, but only if you were going to follow through with a Royal Rumble match of Ryback-Lesnar. Long term, it only serves you to hold back the Lesnar card for a WM return against Taker/Triple H.

The best part is the three "rookies" that interfered. Seth Rollins is young, but a main event talent in the ring that has some great matches already under his belt from ROH/NXT. Dean Ambrose really reminds me of a young Roddy Piper, could be one of the top three guys in the company with a microphone as soon as they let him cut that first promo. If he could even realize a portion of the talent he has, then it's a huge coup to debut both of these guys in a faction. Of course, it's all in the hands of the writing staff now. I hope that this doesn't go the route of Nexus, which also had great potential, but just poorly booked in the end.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

Retired

Disappointed in the ending, soon when Big Show, Kane and Jericho (+Taker, HHH), I'll stop watching wrestling, the new guys are just too bland for me.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Disappointed in the ending, soon when Big Show, Kane and Jericho (+Taker, HHH), I'll stop watching wrestling, the new guys are just too bland for me.
    Do you watch NXT? There are a lot of great talent in store for us. I admit I think Rollins Ambrose and Reigns will do us well. Not like the indy fans who are all "Dean Ambrose is the God Gift of Pro Wrestling" but I do think these three will be decent.

I hope Reigns isn't like a Manu guy who is released early on.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 7 - Gold

Absolutely LOVE the rookies getting some PPV time and hope to hell they (Well, Rollins and Ambrose at least) get the permanent call-up. There was an NXT episode a little while back that had a "Punk scouting Rollins" feel to it at the end, which I brought up before the last PPV, and I'm tickled that they look like they're gonna follow through with it. Having Punk, Rollins, and Ambrose running amuck would be an amazing angle of they go that way.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    Do you watch NXT? There are a lot of great talent in store for us. I admit I think Rollins Ambrose and Reigns will do us well. Not like the indy fans who are all "Dean Ambrose is the God Gift of Pro Wrestling" but I do think these three will be decent.

I hope Reigns isn't like a Manu guy who is released early on.
    They might be good in the ring, but the characters are bland.

They're all the same.

I just find myself more entertained with the old guys, probably cuz of nostalgia.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    They might be good in the ring, but the characters are bland.

They're all the same.

I just find myself more entertained with the old guys, probably cuz of nostalgia.
    Kind of jumping the gun there though. Their NXT characters and main roster characters could be completely different and we haven't seen what their characters will be yet.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Kind of jumping the gun there though. Their NXT characters and main roster characters could be completely different and we haven't seen what their characters will be yet.
    We live in a day and age where people just CANNOT be happy. Even when what you've been asking for finally gets delivered, somehow it's bad. Out of everything that we've been put through this year with Big Johnny and Cena vs. the flavor of the month headlining every PPV a finish like this is a freaking breath of fresh air and I'm personally gonna as much out of it as possible!! As for everyone else, if they wanna poopoo all over it... their loss.

An old-fashioned cowboy

The important thing Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins FINALLY make their main roster debut ambushing Ryback during the main event.
    This. Everything else is irrelevant.

The only thing that confused is why Big Show was disqualified when he did nothing wrong.