Page 110 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 3517

WWE Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by SirDrRoger The only thing that confused is why Big Show was disqualified when he did nothing wrong. ...

  1. #2181
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    eternalunderdog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The kennel
    Posts
    1,166
    Reputation
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post

    The only thing that confused is why Big Show was disqualified when he did nothing wrong.
    The storyline is he was DQ'd because the match was "stopped" to deal with the injured ref. However no bell was rung and seriously how many times have we seen one ref go down and another run in to take their place, so yeah doesn't really hold water.

    I think they just wanted a reason to have Sheamus vs. Big Show 3 at TLC and Sheamus taking a loss would have kind of negated that.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

    The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

    Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

  2. #2182
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Dang, part of me doesn't want to watch Raw knowing Punk will be champion and saying 'I had no part in that' or 'Best in the world'.

  3. #2183
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    eternalunderdog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The kennel
    Posts
    1,166
    Reputation
    65

    So a few weeks ago I noticed that WWE had decided to steal the recap opening or "previously on Impact" idea from TNA and I had hoped it was a phase. An idea they would realize was kind of stupid and let it go, but no now it appears to be permanent.....worse than that it was Vince's idea to steal it apparently.
    Between that and the AJ/Cena angle I hate to say it but I have to agree with Kurt Angle, WWE stop copying TNA......pretty please....
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

    The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

    Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

  4. #2184
    An old-fashioned cowboy
    SirDrRoger's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,503
    Reputation
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    The storyline is he was DQ'd because the match was "stopped" to deal with the injured ref. However no bell was rung and seriously how many times have we seen one ref go down and another run in to take their place, so yeah doesn't really hold water.

    I think they just wanted a reason to have Sheamus vs. Big Show 3 at TLC and Sheamus taking a loss would have kind of negated that.
    I get that they were setting up the third match but it still changes nothing since we saw him get pinned anyway the only difference is that in the records it'll go down as a loss for Big Show rather than Sheamus. Also shouldn't the referee have reversed the decision and DQ'ed Sheamus because of the post-match attack.

    It's amazing how a match can be ruined by a clusterfuck ending.

  5. #2185
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    eternalunderdog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The kennel
    Posts
    1,166
    Reputation
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    I get that they were setting up the third match but it still changes nothing since we saw him get pinned anyway the only difference is that in the records it'll go down as a loss for Big Show rather than Sheamus. Also shouldn't the referee have reversed the decision and DQ'ed Sheamus because of the post-match attack.

    It's amazing how a match can be ruined by a clusterfuck ending.
    I think the difference is that if Big Show gets the win then you can say Sheamus got his rematch and lost time to move on to a new challenger, but when you give Sheamus the DQ win then you can say well technically Sheamus won his rematch, but didn't get the title on a technicality so he deserves another shot at it.
    It's really just one of those things to make it easier to explain rather than coming up with a real reason to keep a feud going.

    As to the secondary point I think once a match ends in DQ all bets are off regardless of what happens after that. Kind of you broke the rules first and whatever happens after that is essentially your own fault idea.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

    The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

    Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

  6. #2186
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    The ending of Raw was one of the reasons I was disappointed before.

    They'll keep doing the same shit, some superman is gonna beat them, they go on their separate ways, one guy becomes a jobber, the other a midcarder, and the other one released.

  7. #2187
    Writing Things
    Larrydavidsavatar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Between Vinewood and Outer Heaven
    Posts
    1,923
    Reputation
    93

    Naysayers can go jump, the next era of wrestling is being ushered in, that means the old hands are fading out or moving on, some talent will be missed but i'd watch guys like Bryan, Rollins, Punk, Ziggler, Barrett and Ohno over the likes of Mysterio, Show, Orton, Cena, Khali and Lesnar these days. We need a fresh start, the more decent wrestlers come through and thrive the better.
    Can't be 'Mania 35 with Cena still headlining alongside The Undertaker can it?

    Sig by DaRe_xLw

  8. #2188
    Monica Rial #1 Fan
    The Legend Killer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Windy City!
    Posts
    1,804
    Reputation
    64

    You know I should be excited that CM Punk is still champ, but I'm not, simply because of what they're doing to the guy. It finally dawned on me. They're only pushing him this way because he'll be facing The Rock and they don't want two baby faces in that match. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

    I should be excited to see Tyler Black on TV, but I'm not, because this feels like the regurgitation of the NXT angle.

    I fast forwarded a lot of the show last night, because I couldn't be bothered, and I especially fast forwarded just about everything involving AJ/Cena/Vickie/Dolph, because I honestly DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THAT WHOLE SHITTY STORYLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #2189
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Well Tommy, John and AJ made out, and John got injured.

  10. #2190
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    585
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Naysayers can go jump, the next era of wrestling is being ushered in, that means the old hands are fading out or moving on, some talent will be missed but i'd watch guys like Bryan, Rollins, Punk, Ziggler, Barrett and Ohno over the likes of Mysterio, Show, Orton, Cena, Khali and Lesnar these days. We need a fresh start, the more decent wrestlers come through and thrive the better.
    Can't be 'Mania 35 with Cena still headlining alongside The Undertaker can it?
    thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

  11. #2191
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,045
    Reputation
    23

    Supposedly Cena is really hurt. We'll have to wait and see.

    Jay Lethal and John Cena have kissed the same woman. Therefore, by the laws of transition, Jay Lethal was in the WWE.

    Great match between Kofi and Wade last night. I hope a title match is in store.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  12. #2192
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Naysayers can go jump, the next era of wrestling is being ushered in, that means the old hands are fading out or moving on, some talent will be missed but i'd watch guys like Bryan, Rollins, Punk, Ziggler, Barrett and Ohno over the likes of Mysterio, Show, Orton, Cena, Khali and Lesnar these days. We need a fresh start, the more decent wrestlers come through and thrive the better.
    Can't be 'Mania 35 with Cena still headlining alongside The Undertaker can it?
    CM Punk is one year younger than Cena, and Bryan is 3 years younger than Punk. New generation?

    Rey Mysterio is 37, Randy Orton is 32 (younger than Punk).

    Khali and Lesnar barely wrestle.

    Big Show is on his way out.

    Still stand by my opinion.

  13. #2193
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,160
    Reputation
    30

    So what do you think of Ryback now hes started using the mic

  14. #2194
    An old-fashioned cowboy
    SirDrRoger's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,503
    Reputation
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    If somebody finds (or makes) a gif of the monkeyflip Kofi just hit on Dolph I may have to steal it. That was fantastic.
    Found your monkeyflip


  15. #2195
    PRO Member
    DrJackel666's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,117
    Reputation
    55

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    So what do you think of Ryback now hes started using the mic
    I'm still not sold rybacks still boring and is just the same old thing thats been done before. On a different note look who joins the wrestling mugshots
    View Kaitlyn's Mugshot Photo, What Happened After Tonight's WWE SmackDown Tapings

  16. #2196
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,045
    Reputation
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Found your monkeyflip

    That is awesome.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  17. #2197
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,160
    Reputation
    30

    Kaitlyn is hot

    I like Ryback and glad to here he was finally using the mic to develop a rivalry with his attackers. While he wasn't the best on the mic he was definitely not the worst and he will continue to develop which is what I like to see when new superstars develop into big names because I fear that they will never be able to do it nowadays compared to the names we had in the past.

    Just to say: (in current WWE)

    Best on the mic: Paul Heyman by far - he actually said what we were all thinking on RAW this week about the Attitude Era

    Worst on the mic :Vickie Guerrerro by far - I absolutely hate this women. And not because she's a heel and your supposed to hate the heels. But because she just can't act and is just so annoying especially that horrendous fake laughing

  18. #2198
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    585
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    CM Punk is one year younger than Cena, and Bryan is 3 years younger than Punk. New generation?

    Rey Mysterio is 37, Randy Orton is 32 (younger than Punk).

    Khali and Lesnar barely wrestle.

    Big Show is on his way out.

    Still stand by my opinion.
    I didn't see the word "generation" anywhere in his statement. He said "the next era of wrestling" which doesn't really have much to do with the wrestler's age. It's more of an evolution in the business itself, focus is turning towards guys who aren't 9 feet tall and weigh 400 pounds, instead the average sized guys who are supremely talented in the ring are getting their shot. Ryback is the exception to this and almost everyone agrees that he's not ready for the push he's getting. People are just getting tired of the same old product year in and year out.

    It also spoke volumes that when Cena was briefly out injured they had NO ONE to carry the brand... how can you survive when you put all your eggs in one basket?

  19. #2199
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    holycrapoly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I don't even know.
    Posts
    1,045
    Reputation
    23

    Who watches Main Event here, just out of curiosity?
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

    Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

    Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

    My FAVE FIVE:

    WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston






  20. #2200
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,160
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    Who watches Main Event here, just out of curiosity?
    I don't the only show I watch is RAW and always been that way. 3 hours a week is enough for me. Well they say its 3 hours but its actually only 2 hours 20mins with loads of adverts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO