Page 110 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 3517

WWE Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by SirDrRoger The only thing that confused is why Big Show was disqualified when he did nothing wrong. ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post

The only thing that confused is why Big Show was disqualified when he did nothing wrong.
    The storyline is he was DQ'd because the match was "stopped" to deal with the injured ref. However no bell was rung and seriously how many times have we seen one ref go down and another run in to take their place, so yeah doesn't really hold water.

I think they just wanted a reason to have Sheamus vs. Big Show 3 at TLC and Sheamus taking a loss would have kind of negated that.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Retired

Dang, part of me doesn't want to watch Raw knowing Punk will be champion and saying 'I had no part in that' or 'Best in the world'.

Lvl 9 - Gold

So a few weeks ago I noticed that WWE had decided to steal the recap opening or "previously on Impact" idea from TNA and I had hoped it was a phase. An idea they would realize was kind of stupid and let it go, but no now it appears to be permanent.....worse than that it was Vince's idea to steal it apparently.
    Between that and the AJ/Cena angle I hate to say it but I have to agree with Kurt Angle, WWE stop copying TNA......pretty please....
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    The storyline is he was DQ'd because the match was "stopped" to deal with the injured ref. However no bell was rung and seriously how many times have we seen one ref go down and another run in to take their place, so yeah doesn't really hold water.

I think they just wanted a reason to have Sheamus vs. Big Show 3 at TLC and Sheamus taking a loss would have kind of negated that.
    I get that they were setting up the third match but it still changes nothing since we saw him get pinned anyway the only difference is that in the records it'll go down as a loss for Big Show rather than Sheamus. Also shouldn't the referee have reversed the decision and DQ'ed Sheamus because of the post-match attack.

It's amazing how a match can be ruined by a clusterfuck ending.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I get that they were setting up the third match but it still changes nothing since we saw him get pinned anyway the only difference is that in the records it'll go down as a loss for Big Show rather than Sheamus. Also shouldn't the referee have reversed the decision and DQ'ed Sheamus because of the post-match attack.

It's amazing how a match can be ruined by a clusterfuck ending.
    I think the difference is that if Big Show gets the win then you can say Sheamus got his rematch and lost time to move on to a new challenger, but when you give Sheamus the DQ win then you can say well technically Sheamus won his rematch, but didn't get the title on a technicality so he deserves another shot at it.
    It's really just one of those things to make it easier to explain rather than coming up with a real reason to keep a feud going.

As to the secondary point I think once a match ends in DQ all bets are off regardless of what happens after that. Kind of you broke the rules first and whatever happens after that is essentially your own fault idea.

Retired

The ending of Raw was one of the reasons I was disappointed before.

They'll keep doing the same shit, some superman is gonna beat them, they go on their separate ways, one guy becomes a jobber, the other a midcarder, and the other one released.

Writing Things

Naysayers can go jump, the next era of wrestling is being ushered in, that means the old hands are fading out or moving on, some talent will be missed but i'd watch guys like Bryan, Rollins, Punk, Ziggler, Barrett and Ohno over the likes of Mysterio, Show, Orton, Cena, Khali and Lesnar these days. We need a fresh start, the more decent wrestlers come through and thrive the better.
    Can't be 'Mania 35 with Cena still headlining alongside The Undertaker can it?

Sig by DaRe_xLw

Monica Rial #1 Fan

You know I should be excited that CM Punk is still champ, but I'm not, simply because of what they're doing to the guy. It finally dawned on me. They're only pushing him this way because he'll be facing The Rock and they don't want two baby faces in that match. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

I should be excited to see Tyler Black on TV, but I'm not, because this feels like the regurgitation of the NXT angle.

I fast forwarded a lot of the show last night, because I couldn't be bothered, and I especially fast forwarded just about everything involving AJ/Cena/Vickie/Dolph, because I honestly DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THAT WHOLE SHITTY STORYLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired

Well Tommy, John and AJ made out, and John got injured.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Naysayers can go jump, the next era of wrestling is being ushered in, that means the old hands are fading out or moving on, some talent will be missed but i'd watch guys like Bryan, Rollins, Punk, Ziggler, Barrett and Ohno over the likes of Mysterio, Show, Orton, Cena, Khali and Lesnar these days. We need a fresh start, the more decent wrestlers come through and thrive the better.
    thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Supposedly Cena is really hurt. We'll have to wait and see.

Jay Lethal and John Cena have kissed the same woman. Therefore, by the laws of transition, Jay Lethal was in the WWE.

Great match between Kofi and Wade last night. I hope a title match is in store.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    CM Punk is one year younger than Cena, and Bryan is 3 years younger than Punk. New generation?

Rey Mysterio is 37, Randy Orton is 32 (younger than Punk).

Khali and Lesnar barely wrestle.

Big Show is on his way out.

Still stand by my opinion.

Lvl 9 - Gold

So what do you think of Ryback now hes started using the mic

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    If somebody finds (or makes) a gif of the monkeyflip Kofi just hit on Dolph I may have to steal it. That was fantastic.
    Found your monkeyflip

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    So what do you think of Ryback now hes started using the mic
    I'm still not sold rybacks still boring and is just the same old thing thats been done before. On a different note look who joins the wrestling mugshots
    View Kaitlyn's Mugshot Photo, What Happened After Tonight's WWE SmackDown Tapings

Lvl 9 - Gold

Found your monkeyflip

That is awesome.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

My FAVE FIVE:

Lvl 9 - Gold

Kaitlyn is hot

I like Ryback and glad to here he was finally using the mic to develop a rivalry with his attackers. While he wasn't the best on the mic he was definitely not the worst and he will continue to develop which is what I like to see when new superstars develop into big names because I fear that they will never be able to do it nowadays compared to the names we had in the past.

Just to say: (in current WWE)

Best on the mic: Paul Heyman by far - he actually said what we were all thinking on RAW this week about the Attitude Era

Worst on the mic :Vickie Guerrerro by far - I absolutely hate this women. And not because she's a heel and your supposed to hate the heels. But because she just can't act and is just so annoying especially that horrendous fake laughing

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    CM Punk is one year younger than Cena, and Bryan is 3 years younger than Punk. New generation?

Rey Mysterio is 37, Randy Orton is 32 (younger than Punk).

Khali and Lesnar barely wrestle.

Big Show is on his way out.

Still stand by my opinion.
    I didn't see the word "generation" anywhere in his statement. He said "the next era of wrestling" which doesn't really have much to do with the wrestler's age. It's more of an evolution in the business itself, focus is turning towards guys who aren't 9 feet tall and weigh 400 pounds, instead the average sized guys who are supremely talented in the ring are getting their shot. Ryback is the exception to this and almost everyone agrees that he's not ready for the push he's getting. People are just getting tired of the same old product year in and year out.

It also spoke volumes that when Cena was briefly out injured they had NO ONE to carry the brand... how can you survive when you put all your eggs in one basket?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Who watches Main Event here, just out of curiosity?

My FAVE FIVE:

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    Who watches Main Event here, just out of curiosity?
    I don't the only show I watch is RAW and always been that way. 3 hours a week is enough for me. Well they say its 3 hours but its actually only 2 hours 20mins with loads of adverts