Page 172 of 182 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3639

WWE Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Very strong RAW again this week, the above mentioned Bray Wyatt segment and the classic Triple H heel tactics on ...

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Very strong RAW again this week, the above mentioned Bray Wyatt segment and the classic Triple H heel tactics on Bryan were compelling bits of wrestling telly.

They need to properly establish the whole Shield 'Mania angle and ramp up Taker/Lesnar a bit though, as for the World Title match, they've pretty much given up on creating any real story between Batista and Orton to compliment the Hunter/Bryan angle but this is a rare case where i'm fine with it as it was going nowhere fast before.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Lvl 9 - Gold

So apparently WWE is planning a two-hour preshow for Wrestlemania. Nice possible payday for some of the undercard talent, but it seems a little excessive to me.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 9 - Gold

About 7 hours of 'MANIA! WE BETTER PREPARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 9 - Gold

RAW was awesome this week!!
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

My FAVE FIVE:

Lvl 4 - Silver

So...it's Razor Ramon that's going in....tthat actually makes me very pleased. I was gonna be soooo pissed if Scott Hall went, yes I know...still same guy, but at least he's in the HOF for his persona..and not himself. That made sitting through his little video much more appeasing.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by weaponx0021 View Post
    So...it's Razor Ramon that's going in....tthat actually makes me very pleased. I was gonna be soooo pissed if Scott Hall went, yes I know...still same guy, but at least he's in the HOF for his persona..and not himself. That made sitting through his little video much more appeasing.
    Just means he'll get a second HOF ring when they induct Hall as a member of the NWO at some point.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The Shadow

Any chance of Kane wearing a mask again? I dislike how they turn him into corperate. In my opinion, WWE is going downhill ever since they turned to PG
    Meh........

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_ACer View Post
    Any chance of Kane wearing a mask again? I dislike how they turn him into corperate. In my opinion, WWE is going downhill ever since they turned to PG
    Considering they already had him put the mask back on only to lose it again I don't see it happening a third time. That said I think it is more likely they are using this to transition Kane out of an active role as a performer and more an authority non-wrestling figure since his in-ring time is probably fairly close to the end of its run.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_ACer View Post
    They were PG in the 90s

They do this for sponsors

Although ratings aren't what they were, they are still on top of their respective networks (USA, Syfy, Ion)

It looks better in wake of all the early deaths and the Benoit tragedy.

My FAVE FIVE:

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quite looking forward to Wrestlemania next Sunday now.

Wasn't looking forward to the main event but they've added some intrigue now as to who will emerge as champion.
    The Battle Royal should be a fun match to watch like the Royal Rumble only 30 men at the same time.
    Glad The Shield are still going and not splitting yet even though a match between all 3 members would be good it doesn't have to be Wrestlemania, it's good that they are turning t he whole team face for a while which will mean that one or two members will have to turn heel later on (probably Dean Ambrose).
    The Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar should be interesting in that Brock is unlike anyone Taker has faced before and I have concerns about his physicality on Taker if he will survive the end. But I think the build up to this match has been terrible. Brock has been made to look far to weak going into this match and I don't think one RAW on Monday will be enough to make him seem like he can actually break the streak, but they are going to have to do something.

In all I do think this Wrestlemania is now shaping up to be potentially better than last year. Shame there will be no CM Punk though

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Quite looking forward to Wrestlemania next Sunday now.

Wasn't looking forward to the main event but they've added some intrigue now as to who will emerge as champion.
    The Battle Royal should be a fun match to watch like the Royal Rumble only 30 men at the same time.
    Glad The Shield are still going and not splitting yet even though a match between all 3 members would be good it doesn't have to be Wrestlemania, it's good that they are turning t he whole team face for a while which will mean that one or two members will have to turn heel later on (probably Dean Ambrose).
    The Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar should be interesting in that Brock is unlike anyone Taker has faced before and I have concerns about his physicality on Taker if he will survive the end. But I think the build up to this match has been terrible. Brock has been made to look far to weak going into this match and I don't think one RAW on Monday will be enough to make him seem like he can actually break the streak, but they are going to have to do something.

In all I do think this Wrestlemania is now shaping up to be potentially better than last year. Shame there will be no CM Punk though
    I agree with it all but the Punk sentence at the end.

Here's my take on this whole Punk thing. It's been a couple months now and I let it all settle down.

CM Punk is an awesome in-ring worker, a great mic guy, and does a hell of job pleasing both the IWC and Casual fans alike. That said, I feel his decision to walk from the company prematurely while his contract was still in play is a pussy move. Chris Jericho said he felt the same way in 2005 when he left for roughly 2 and a half years. In Jericho's case though, he did the right thing and let his contract run out before leaving. If Punk had done that, this wouldn't be an issue. I feel that his morale backstage which was usually negative really made people sometimes not want him around. Now his negative influence is out. On top of THAT, I read an article the other day saying that all of his close friends in the WWE are not in contact with Punk in any way (except for AJ, because they are dating). It bothers me that just because he doesn't get his way that he can be a bitch and walk on the company. He said it in his 2011 promo... "I'm just a spoke on the wheel." But so is EVERY WWE superstar and diva. There will come a day when John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, and Batista are no longer wrestling. Everything evolves in life... Punk needs to realize that being a bitch does not guarantee you things in life. It just shows true character.

That said, I still do like Punk and wish he would return.

My FAVE FIVE:

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    I agree with it all but the Punk sentence at the end.

Here's my take on this whole Punk thing. It's been a couple months now and I let it all settle down.

CM Punk is an awesome in-ring worker, a great mic guy, and does a hell of job pleasing both the IWC and Casual fans alike. That said, I feel his decision to walk from the company prematurely while his contract was still in play is a pussy move. Chris Jericho said he felt the same way in 2005 when he left for roughly 2 and a half years. In Jericho's case though, he did the right thing and let his contract run out before leaving. If Punk had done that, this wouldn't be an issue. I feel that his morale backstage which was usually negative really made people sometimes not want him around. Now his negative influence is out. On top of THAT, I read an article the other day saying that all of his close friends in the WWE are not in contact with Punk in any way (except for AJ, because they are dating). It bothers me that just because he doesn't get his way that he can be a bitch and walk on the company. He said it in his 2011 promo... "I'm just a spoke on the wheel." But so is EVERY WWE superstar and diva. There will come a day when John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, and Batista are no longer wrestling. Everything evolves in life... Punk needs to realize that being a bitch does not guarantee you things in life. It just shows true character.

That said, I still do like Punk and wish he would return.
    I kind of agree with this. I'm not 100% against Punk walking out mainly because I don't know all the details of the situation. I think what has kind of annoyed me the most is that Punk has not said anything since leaving. I'm not asking for him to go on a rant or bury the WWE or anyone in it, but if he just said 'I need to do this' or 'My health is reason I need to step away' fine at least it is something. But Punk talks a lot about the fan support, and just ignoring them during the whole incident seems to counter all of that.
    The thing I'm curious about is if once his contract actually does expire if he'll suddenly come forward to do some big shoot interview, but by that time I just don't think I'll really care since as a fan I feel I got the cold shoulder till that point. And I don't believe he can't talk about it now because of his WWE contract since from the sound of it by walking out he kind of voided any money he was owed, so there is really no negative effect they can hit him with if he's already out his cash.
    Then again it is entirely possible (though incredibly unlikely) that this is all a huge work and he shows up at Mania to cost Hunter the match and grab the biggest pop of the night in the process.

The Playboy Wikipedia

So does anyone else get the vibe that there aren't enough matches on the card for Wrestlemania? WM20 had a shitload of matches, albeit a lot of filler matches or matches people don't remember. So far I'm counting 7 matches on the card. And if it stays at 7, I'm guessing we'll have a heap of long matches, or a mix of both long and short matches + Hulk Hogan rambling on about stuff.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_3000 View Post
    So does anyone else get the vibe that there aren't enough matches on the card for Wrestlemania? WM20 had a shitload of matches, albeit a lot of filler matches or matches people don't remember. So far I'm counting 7 matches on the card. And if it stays at 7, I'm guessing we'll have a heap of long matches, or a mix of both long and short matches + Hulk Hogan rambling on about stuff.
    There are actually the same amount of matches as Wrestlemania 29 with 8. And I can see some long matches on here as well.

You got:

Randy Orton vs Batista vs TBD
    Triple H vs Daniel Bryan
    The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar
    John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
    Andre the Giant Battle Royal
    Divas Championship Invitational thing
    The Shield vs Kane and New Age Outlaws
    The Usos vs Rybaxel vs Real Americans vs Los Matadores for the tag title

Lvl 7 - Gold

There are actually the same amount of matches as Wrestlemania 29 with 8. And I can see some long matches on here as well.

You got:

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan
    John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
    See, but I only see half the matches actually being long. And it being nearly four hours long, I see them having a lot of filler material or adding a few last-minute matches.

The Playboy Wikipedia

You got:

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan
    John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
    Didn't Wrestlemania 29 also have a match cut because of Diddy's performance?
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Despite some potentially exciting moments, this is the least i've been hyped for a Mania since Wrestlemania 23, the build up to the undercard matches has been overly slapdash and lacking in bite or personality whilst the main matches suffer from their own problems.

Limited meaningful promo time for Brock Vs Taker has undersold the matchup, even with last night's addition to the plot.

John Cena has to lose clean for Bray Wyatt to get anything significant out of the match going forward and i doubt that's going to be the case.

Bryan Vs Hunter could be barnstorming and brutal, yet it relies on Bryan winning it to get any satisfaction out of it.

Same goes for the WWE Title match. It would kill any twist they had up their sleeve if they tried to fake out on Bryan being in that match because the fans would sour the atmosphere long before it came.
    Credit to the awesome ERICVOLTAGE for that. ^

Lvl 9 - Gold

So there is a photo out there on the internet somewhere showing AJ with a ring on her finger during last night's match with Naomi. Her and Punk could now be engaged. If so, good for them!

My FAVE FIVE:

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    So there is a photo out there on the internet somewhere showing AJ with a ring on her finger during last night's match with Naomi. Her and Punk could now be engaged. If so, good for them!
    I believe I read somewhere that that is official. AJ and Punk are engaged.

oh if you were planning to watch Smackdown and missed it I wouldn't bother it was awful but understandable. The whole episode was marketing for Wrestlemania with previews and interviews. There were just two matches, Los Matadores vs Real Americans and Dolph Ziggler vs Titus O'Neil. Also Hulk Hogan made an appearance but only really said what he already said on RAW

Lvl 6 - Silver

Prediction time?

Tag title pre-show match:

Winner - Uso's - they deserve a decent title run. That, and the only viable opponents for them are the Real Americans, who'll hopefully be split up sooner than later

Kane & The Outlaws/SHIELD:

Winners - SHIELD - This one seems like it's dependant on who gets their way, Vince or HHH. I'm betting on the SHIELD staying together as faces for a while and exploring the new options it presents. Which means they beat the heel team and move on as a newly established anti-authority group.

Andre Royal Rumble match:

winner - Rusev - Why not. No one really cares about this match with the winner getting a... trophy. Could be a good stepping stone to try and let Rusev start his main card wrestling career.

Divas cluster-fuck:

Winner - a Total Diva for sure... I'll go with the Bella that didn't get her tits inflated.

HHH/Daniel Bryan:

No winner. Or, more specifically, no loser. Both guys find their way into the title match to keep the intrigue alive.

Cena/Wyatt:

Winner - *sigh* Cena - Wyatt needs this win to establish himself as a new force to be reckoned with... especially after the Daniel Bryan story that got blown off almost immediately. But, this is Cena in an "overcoming the odds" story which is something I can't bet against. If it was just Bray without Harper and Rowan I'd bank on a Bray win. Unfortunately they are present and Cena's outnumbered... which are odds to overcome.

Undertaker/Lesnar:

Winner - the streak - Think this one will be booked more as a "fight" and less of a match. Ref lets 'em go and plenty of rules are... bent throughout the course of this one. In the end streak stays in tact, just as it should. As a bonus, either after the match or on RAW on Monday, Sting shows up to challenge for next year.

Title Match:

I'm still under the impression we're getting a 4-way here. I also think they'll be de-unifying the titles. Orton's been carrying both titles, for no reason, for far too long and I think that'll come into play at some point. Why not WM when Bryan and HHH can both be inserted into the match, somehow get simultaneous pins and both win one of the titles. HHH gets his ego served, Bryan gets his WM title win and they can try and properly unify the titles for the program to continue a bit longer.