Page 50 of 176 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3517

WWE Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by eternalunderdog Well that was an insult to Bryan and Sheamus Yeah, that was straight bullshit!!!...

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    Well that was an insult to Bryan and Sheamus

Yeah, that was straight bullshit!!!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Triple H vs Taker, that was a match worth paying to see.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Platinum Procrastinator

Did the Jericho/Punk match already happen? I went out and got some pizza when they were doing the Foley/Santino deadliest catch bit and got back home as the HHH/Undertaker match was starting.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

No the Punk/Jericho match will be coming up next after the Teddy/Johnny match.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Damn, Ryder and Ziggler hitting some spectacular spots in that match. That monkey flip was amazing and the pop-up rough Ryder- badass

Holy crap, did Punk just yell "It's clobberin time".... he's my hero now.
    Last edited by eternalunderdog; 04-01-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

PRO Member

man so glad i didnt pay or this ppv that bryan and sheamus match wtf was that?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Ending of Punk/ Jericho was great, but the camera cut back to Punk a second to early and you could see Jericho ruffle Punk's hair after the match was over.

PRO Member

lets see so far i have kane, sheamus, cm punk and big show. and lost on team johnny and undertaker...hmmm 4 aint bad so far.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Rock wins! Rock wins! Rock wins!!!!!!!!!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I think I only got 4/8 predictions right. Ah, well...

I thought Mania was good, but some of the time could have been better used. Like, replacing Brodus Clay's bit with an actual WHC match.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

PRO Member

Ok I dont understand why they would let the rock win his just gonna piss off and do more movies..ah well 6/10 for this ppv and thats being nice after what they did to bryan and sheamus match.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Yeah this Mania jumped the shark twice. The bullshit WHC match, finger poke of doom anyone? And the whole thing with Brodus Clay, what the f**k was the point of that?

Plus no Lesnar, not even a peep.

Lvl 9 - Gold

WHC match was an insult

Kane and Orton was too short

Divas match was honestly better than I expected, but still nothing special.

Cody vs Big Show was again too short

Triple H vs Taker was a fantastic match. I think physically they may have done more last year (but not by much) but they did a much better time this year putting a story into the match and it was a hell of a match to watch.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy another very rushed match, though some very good spots within, the ending, for me, just felt slapped on and stupid. I'm not against Johnny winning, but I think there was a better way to do it.

Punk vs Jericho great technical match, I loved watching these guys counter one way then have their opponent counter them from repeating the move and changing things up. Very solid PPV match-up.

Rock vs Cena, after a year of hype I wanted more from this match than I got. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a good match, but it wasn't a year in the making kind of match. More than that I felt like how they had Rock win cheapened it. Cena is clearly in a better place physically when he got hit by the Rock Bottom the last time and it didn't make sense for that to be the time he couldn't kick out. Personally I wanted Cena to win, it made more sense especially when come tomorrow the company goes back on his shoulders while Rock gets to do promo work for GI Joe, but if you're gonna have Rock win fine. At least do it in a way that doesn't make John look like he got caught off guard. It wouldn't have taken much more to have him physically look spent go for the one last big move and Rock get a desperation third Rock Bottom for three. At the end of the day this one takes the companies top guy and makes him look weak without building anyone in the process.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    WHC match was an insult

Kane and Orton was too short

Divas match was honestly better than I expected, but still nothing special.

Cody vs Big Show was again too short

Triple H vs Taker was a fantastic match. I think physically they may have done more last year (but not by much) but they did a much better time this year putting a story into the match and it was a hell of a match to watch.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy another very rushed match, though some very good spots within, the ending, for me, just felt slapped on and stupid. I'm not against Johnny winning, but I think there was a better way to do it.

Punk vs Jericho great technical match, I loved watching these guys counter one way then have their opponent counter them from repeating the move and changing things up. Very solid PPV match-up.

Rock vs Cena, after a year of hype I wanted more from this match than I got. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a good match, but it wasn't a year in the making kind of match. More than that I felt like how they had Rock win cheapened it. Cena is clearly in a better place physically when he got hit by the Rock Bottom the last time and it didn't make sense for that to be the time he couldn't kick out. Personally I wanted Cena to win, it made more sense especially when come tomorrow the company goes back on his shoulders while Rock gets to do promo work for GI Joe, but if you're gonna have Rock win fine. At least do it in a way that doesn't make John look like he got caught off guard. It wouldn't have taken much more to have him physically look spent go for the one last big move and Rock get a desperation third Rock Bottom for three. At the end of the day this one takes the companies top guy and makes him look weak without building anyone in the process.
    i agree with everything you just said. well done

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yup, WHC match was a straight slap in the face to the internet fans. I don't agree with removing Brodus though... the "musical performances" were much more difficult to stomach than his bit.

Kane/Orton - whatever.

Diva's match - at least the celebrity tie in didn't waste an actual performers match

Team vs. Team - good for a spotfest with the midcard guys, didn't really need a double dip of Eve though.

Punk/Jericho - amazing match with a brilliant finish.

Taker/HHH - another amazing match. Taker's back was FUBAR'd after HHH's chair assault, would have liked to see a bit more HBK involvement but I'm good with the way it went. The 3 of them embracing at the end was a nice touch and it was great to see the last of their generation have a clique moment.

Cena/Rock - another... match, I guess. Definitely didn't live up to the year of building it. I didn't expect much more than a match of a thousand punches considering neither guy has much to offer in the ring but I thought there would be some kind of a story told, Rock/Hogan was a bazillion times better in that aspect. Hopefully it will go somewhere further tomorrow.

Good show but not anywhere near what I was hoping for. After last years POS I'll walk away from this one with a smile... until I think about the WHC match.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I think I only got 6/8 predictions right eve you damn hoski

THE ROCK DEFEAT PUNK ASZ CENA I TOLD YOU !!!!!!!!!!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Better than me. I got 2 right, and in the Rock one I got the result right, but my prediction of a run in didn't happen.

Aside from the Taker/Triple H and Jericho/CM Punk matches, everything else felt flat and anti-climactic.

PRO Member

HHH/Taker was a brutal match, it's simply amazing!!!!

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

An old-fashioned cowboy

Just got back from my buddy's house and all I can say is glad I didn't pay $50+ bucks to see this pos ppv. If it wasn't for Punk/Jericho & HHH/Undertaker then this PPV wouldn't be worth watching. And also I was looking forward to watching Bryan/Sheamus and judging by the fact that the crowd was chanting Daniel Bryan during the 3 matches that followed it so where other people, but WWE had to fuck this up. Seriously who wrote the ending to this match? Vince Russo?

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Just got back from my buddy's house and all I can say is glad I didn't pay $50+ bucks to see this pos ppv. If it wasn't for Punk/Jericho & HHH/Undertaker then this PPV wouldn't be worth watching. And also I was looking forward to watching Bryan/Sheamus and judging by the fact that the crowd was chanting Daniel Bryan during the 3 matches that followed it so where other people, but WWE had to fuck this up. Seriously who wrote the ending to this match? Vince Russo?

Ironically enough, it seemed like Bryan was getting a ton of support from the fans. Almost like he was the face. All those YES signs in the crowd were a nice touch. From what I read, they were trying to break the old record, where Kane beat Chavo in like 13 seconds or something like that, but they didn't even do it right, and hence that record stands. Really was a waste of the talent of Bryan and Sheamus who could have given us what would easily have been one of the better matches of the night. They both deserved better.