Page 52 of 184 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3676

WWE Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Holy shit!! Brock lesnar is back!?!?!?!...

Plats-O'-War!!

Holy shit!! Brock lesnar is back!?!?!?!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Holy shit!! Brock lesnar is back!?!?!?!
    Yep and he delivered the F-5 to Cena. Ohhhh hell yeah.

PPS bar made byRaveNScythE18
    Sig and Avy made by Bladia

Monica Rial #1 Fan

So Brock came out and I was like....

Then he F-5'd the shit out of Cena and I was like...

PRO Member

sorry guys but unlike you all I don't see the point in him f5 Cena. After all as a famous song once said..

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm probably gonna be alone in this but I'm just not that psyched that Lesnar is back.
    Aside from the fact that his last tenure ended with the WWE pushing him to the moon only for him to say "okay I'm gonna go play football now," I just feel this is pandering.

What happened to the WWE working to build new stars? Seriously tonight who got the most crowd support (outside Lesnar's return to F-5 Cena)? Daniel Bryan, a guy who's worked his ass off to build himself in this company. But instead of focusing more on guys like him they want to bring back Brock for a quick ratings bump.

I'm not against Lesnar coming back and hell in all probability I could be very wrong and he might do some great stuff while back, but if the rumors of his limited schedule are true he's not gonna be the guy holding up the company's bottom line, that's gonna be the guys working every televised event and house show while he shows up to get main event booking that could be used to build future creditable stars.

Cena is not the best in ring technician, no one would make that mistake, but he is good at being the foil to help guys advance and there are better things to do with him than feed him to past superstars in hopes that buy rates go up 5%. Let him help Ziggler and Rhodes get into top card feuds or use him to establish the start of a solid run to a newly crowned champ.

As much as I would like to see it I just don't foresee any near future heel turn for Cena, the man is the king of kid merch and the poster boy for squeaky clean upright citizen. And if that's true what is all this accomplishing? Great, you have made the internet fanbase happy by letting them watch Cena get fed to someone they liked six years ago (however to be fair the same people booed Lesnar out of the building for his last Wrestlemania performance) but you got NOTHING in return! Rock says he wants the WWE title.....really? He's gonna get in a real feud and show up at enough shows to make a creditable case for a title run? And if he wins how often will the champ appear on television?

Again I could be wrong but nothing seems to indicate that. And what does Lesnar beating Cena do exactly? We've already seen it happen (Backlash 2003).
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!

Lesnar "retired" from UFC, he has the title of former UFC Heavyweight Champ under his belt...why not come back with a year contract and shake things up...If anyone is gonna show vs. Dewayne Johnson on a weekly basis it's him (whatever amount of dates he's contracted to)...I'm guessing that the next time we see Rockblock is when it's close to promo time for GI Joe...I'd like to see Punk go up against Lesnar...I don't want to see a triangle with Cena-Lesnar-Rock...

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    Congrats to Jericho, not only for falling on his ass, but for breaking that bottle before it hit CM Punk's head.
    By the way that wasn't a slip; I was imitating Punk the Drunk. I never make mistakes u wannabes...

- Chris Jericho on Twitter

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    By the way that wasn't a slip; I was imitating Punk the Drunk. I never make mistakes u wannabes...

- Chris Jericho on Twitter
    That dedication to the persona is why i love Chris Jericho.

Good Mania (compared to last years snoozefest) If that Bryan v Sheamus match had been less of a joke it would have been much better.
    Taker v Triple H was the match that should have happened last year, it was magic.

Lesnar back, whoop de doo, i'm just stoked that Jericho and Punk continues.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

I don't care what anyone says, I marked out when Lesnar gave Cena his trademark F5!!!

Let's relive that, shall we?

You knew it was coming, and it was still awesome!

Retired

I feel the crowd died too early.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Did the WWE inadvertantly help push Daniel Bryan towards cult hero status?

Another Off-Air Report From Last Night's WWE RAW - WWE - eWrestlingNews.com

The Yes chants have totally caught on and are officially the new What?! Chant, for better or worse. One thing is for sure though - Daniel Bryan has not been damaged one bit by his WM28 loss. I realise tonight's crowd was comprised of many overseas fans who came for Mania, and who are generally 'smart'(ish), but the entire crowd were chanting Yes throughout the show. In a hilarious bit, when Del Rio came out to face Sheamus, Del Rio got a "Si, Si, Si" chant.

In the dark match 6 man, Daniel Bryan received a reaction coming out equal to that of the Rock and just below Brock Lesnar. Show, Orton and Sheamus were just cracking up laughing. Every time Bryan tagged out, everyone was yelling "We want Bryan" literally the second he tagged out. Every time he kicked or punch, it was a Yes. Every time the faces did a move, it elicited a No chant. When Sheamus pinned Bryan, he was roundly booed (he was booed earlier on too).

- Bryan did a great promo to close the show, pretty much a babyface promo. He said last night was the worst moment of his career, but that tonight was one of the best. He asked AJ what she thought of everything, and as she meekly went to speak, he pulled the mic away, told her to shut up and go to back, which for a big pop and everyone laughed. He thanked all the fans tonight and at WM28 for chanting Yes and supporting him. He said the chants have convinced the people on charge to create a new t-shirt for him (presumably with Yes on it). He then said he had one thing left to say, and asked everyone to join in saying it - "Yes! Yes! Yes!" He also said, "You guys better buy the t-shirt!" which was funny.

After the show, people were still chanting Bryan's name exiting the building. I think they really have something with Bryan, but I fear they'll probably screw it up because the fans are trying to 'make' Bryan, as opposed to 'the machine'. We shall see.
    I hope they go back to making him a face, lose AJ, but don't lose the "YES!" thing, that's catchy, or as stated above has become the new WHAT?

Actually my brother told me he heard that Bryan is currently going out with one of the Bella's, interesting since they did that angle a while back.

Hmm, does that mean we can look forward to a "YES!" version of this?

I did notice that when Sheamus came out it wasn't the warmest reception, and I noticed the "Si" chants when Del Rio came out.

Also apparently CM Punk, surprise surprise is now not going out with Beth Phoenix anymore, and if you watched the WWE HOF ceremony you would have seen him with his new girl of the moment.

Anybody else notice that Rhyno was at the HOF ceremony?

Oh and if they make that "YES!!" shirt, I'm buying it like right away!

**EDIT**

Here's a vid of the after Raw promo....

Last edited by The Legend Killer; 04-03-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Ok, I have ALOT to say regarding RAW. And it is mostly all good, relatively nothing bad.

- The "Johnny Era" kicks off now in the WWE. Gotta say I loved the triple threat US Title match. I felt it kicked off the show well. Then watching Ziggler take a Brodus Clay headbutt and flatten his hair...impressive sir. Impressive.

- I hate Sheamus. I really do. I have since he first defeated Goldust...YES I go back that far! So seeing Del Rio was amazing. I never thought I'd say that.

- Zack Ryder lost . The ONLY problem with RAW for me.

- I loved the Punk/Henry match just because of how well the crowd responded. We knew Punk wouldn't lose the title, but I enjoyed the match nevertheless.

- Rhodes lost :/. But, the attire is still badass .

- Is Rocky back semi-full time (except movies)? He wants the title, so maybe we'll see him wrestle on RAW .

- FINALLY, we come to Lesnar. Hearing the chants, it was hilarious. I even made the joke to my friends of moving the name to Brock. Then, he comes out. My friend teared up he was so happy. Absolutely amazing.

(Oh and A-Train...eh cool to see. Glad he beat A-Ry)
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Platinum Procrastinator

Well I haven't been posting here much, but I do check the thread multiple times a day and have to say its nice to see the WWE doing so good lately. People might disagree with that statement but just look at the people getting a lot of air time in the show or even in peoples posts.

- Dolph Ziggler
    - Cody Rhodes
    - Daniel Bryan
    - CM Punk
    - Chris Jericho
    - Alberto Del Rio

Then we still have people like Cena, Orton, The Rock, and now Brock Lesnar of course so I have faith that the WWE isn't fully relying on the same old stuff they are known for and are moving towards a lesser body builder typecast show. Anyways, as for Brock making his appearance, I was pretty happy to watch the video Tommy posted and look forward to seeing how his story will play out. Even though he's only a shell of his former self (he needs to rebuild a lot of muscle) I think he'll have a major impact on the weeks/months to come.

As for The Rock, I think he'll be around more now than before his match against Cena at Wrestlemania which I'm also excited about. Plus there is also a chance that we'll see Batista make a return which will surely shake things up even more. Even if I don't want to see the same old wrestlers winning everything like it was just a few years ago, ie, Batista, Cena, Orton, Brock, etc... I still think its good for them to make a return and stir the pot so to speak once in awhile as long as it doesn't turn into the Sting/Hogan fiasco that is TNA.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    As for The Rock, I think he'll be around more now than before his match against Cena at Wrestlemania which I'm also excited about.
    Speculation for next year right?

An old-fashioned cowboy

Make Daniel Bryan tweener and let the face turn happen naturally and not forced like they did with CM Punk and ruin his character.

Also WWE make that YES! YES! YES! shirt happen.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Well I haven't been posting here much, but I do check the thread multiple times a day and have to say its nice to see the WWE doing so good lately. People might disagree with that statement but just look at the people getting a lot of air time in the show or even in peoples posts.

- Dolph Ziggler
    - Cody Rhodes
    - Daniel Bryan
    - CM Punk
    - Chris Jericho
    - Alberto Del Rio

Then we still have people like Cena, Orton, The Rock, and now Brock Lesnar of course so I have faith that the WWE isn't fully relying on the same old stuff they are known for and are moving towards a lesser body builder typecast show. Anyways, as for Brock making his appearance, I was pretty happy to watch the video Tommy posted and look forward to seeing how his story will play out. Even though he's only a shell of his former self (he needs to rebuild a lot of muscle) I think he'll have a major impact on the weeks/months to come.

As for The Rock, I think he'll be around more now than before his match against Cena at Wrestlemania which I'm also excited about. Plus there is also a chance that we'll see Batista make a return which will surely shake things up even more. Even if I don't want to see the same old wrestlers winning everything like it was just a few years ago, ie, Batista, Cena, Orton, Brock, etc... I still think its good for them to make a return and stir the pot so to speak once in awhile as long as it doesn't turn into the Sting/Hogan fiasco that is TNA.
    I don't feel that'll happen. Sting and Hogan and Flair in TNA are holding onto former glory whereas Rock and Brock and potentially Batista are there for money or to shake things up (or both). Plus none of the 3 WWE returners are over the age of 45. (batista is 44 I believe)
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Make Daniel Bryan tweener and let the face turn happen naturally and not forced like they did with CM Punk and ruin his character.

Also WWE make that YES! YES! YES! shirt happen.
    I can get behind that. Like you mentioned, I think they forced the Punk turn too much and now I'm bored of him. I really wish Jericho won at Wrestlemania but at least he's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    I don't feel that'll happen. Sting and Hogan and Flair in TNA are holding onto former glory whereas Rock and Brock and potentially Batista are there for money or to shake things up (or both). Plus none of the 3 WWE returners are over the age of 45. (batista is 44 I believe)
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. Sting, Hogan, and Flair are hogging all of the attention on TNA and they're doing the same thing over and over, going around in circles.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Well hopefully smackdown is just as interesting as raw was this week.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Well I'm rather excited with some of these developments. The WWE is just using these guys to accentuate things, they're not necessarily going to be taking over the shows like you see in TNA. They're looking to try and regain the casual fan back, and if in doing so they can get those fans to see the greatness of some of the other guys it can usher in some more full time fans. At least these guys aren't all old and decrepit. Brock is like 35 or 36 I think? So he's still got as little bit of mileage in him.

Plus little by little the WWE has been forced to actually listen to the audience. It's why CM Punk got his push. It's why you don't see Cena going for the title much anymore, they're keeping him occupied with other endeavors, and hopefully it'll be why they let Daniel Bryan be Daniel Bryan and stop trying to keep him down.

Also condolences go out to Chief Jay Strongbows family.

Chief Jay Strongbow Passes Away - WWE - eWrestlingNews.com

Harvester of Souls

I was happy about Lord Tensai(SP, A-Train) coming back . And ofcourse to see Brock come out and lay out Cena, though expected a bit more from that really. Quite excited about WWE for once again .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay