Page 61 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3672

WWE Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by Goal I agree with you on that. I wish they would have given Bryan and Punk more ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goal View Post
    I agree with you on that. I wish they would have given Bryan and Punk more than two weeks of talking time to set up this match, but I'll take what I'm given if they allow them to go out there on the PPV, and put on the kind of match that only those two with the chemistry and background that they have could pull off.

I have the feeling, however, that the end of that match will be D-Bryan's face turn. Why?

1. He's over in a big way, and pushing him as a face gives the depleted roster just one more top tier guy on that side of the fence.

2. Lesnar doesn't have any apparent logical match set up for two weeks down the road.

3. Seeing as Punk and Bryan are "friendly" enemies now, I could see this match as one where Brock comes in at the end, kills them both, puts D-Bryan on the shelf, and gears up for a SummerSlam program with Punk. Punk could use the "you hurt my friend" card to his advantage, and hype up the return of Bryan as a face.

This is assuming that Brock won't have any part of the Cena-Johnny Ace match. I think that Tensai will continue getting his push through that.

Other thoughts...I noticed the Jimmy John's sponsorship on Lesnar's shirt as well, and immediately lost all interest in the promo. Had to raid the fridge instead.

Miz loses to Santino for the US title, yet beats him tonight in four minutes. Unreal.

Brock "breaks" the arm of the COO, and it's cool. The Bellas mouth off to Eve, and get fired. Explain this logic to me, lol.

They must be resting Ziggler tonight to save him for that prime Superstars match he'll have in a day or two.
    I so agree but why does the main event have to be ace and cena what happened to punk and ace that worked alot better punk always pissed him offf ahhh the good old days if ace had talent and could pull of mcmahon and dx days then fine but this cena ace thing yawn...

Now alil trip to the past who remembers this...I saw this on dx new and impoved and went hey I know that security guard.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I personally liked last nights RAW. It opened up a lot of angles to go in several directions... were HHH, Cena, and Brock written off of TV or could this the start of some new faction vs. faction angle or something else? Are Punk and Bryan gonna be rivals and feud or are they gonna align or is this just a quick one time match to give the IWC a what they want? What's Kane and Orton's next move... new feuds or continuing the crap that's been going on for a while? There's a lot of shit going on right now, I like it.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    I personally liked last nights RAW. It opened up a lot of angles to go in several directions... were HHH, Cena, and Brock written off of TV or could this the start of some new faction vs. faction angle or something else? Are Punk and Bryan gonna be rivals and feud or are they gonna align or is this just a quick one time match to give the IWC a what they want? What's Kane and Orton's next move... new feuds or continuing the crap that's been going on for a while? There's a lot of shit going on right now, I like it.
    I guess if you look at it that way then perhaps it could work but seriously if kane vs orton one more time I'm gonna catch the next plane to america shoot the writers of the wwe franchise that story is not working...move them both on!!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Yes please, I love Randy but he's being wasted like this. You don't have to put the title on him, just move him on. Maybe a new rivalry with Jericho, or some fresher blood. Renew the Cody angle, give Cody a nice rub and more elevation in his character. I'd be all for a Randy Orton heel turn too, though now with Cena probably going to be out that probably wouldn't happen, but I miss the old Viper, I want him back. No more smiling, except the sinister smile, no more fan acknowledging. Just go out there and "hurt" people, that's the Randy I love the best.

Breaking Update: Brock Lesnar Flips Out Backstage - WWE - eWrestlingNews.com

WWE temporarily wrote Brock Lesnar out of the storylines during the opening segment of RAW last night. WWE is doing an angle where his current contract status is “up in the air” following the attack on Triple H. Throughout the show last night, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler kept stressing that Lesnar’s future with the company was in doubt. WWE only has Lesnar for several dates per month and will have to come up with creative ways to keep him in and out of the storylines. As noted earlier, he's signed to a one-year deal with 30-40 dates total and a minimum of two appearances per month.

As noted earlier this morning here on the website, Lesnar threw a tantrum backstage at Extreme Rules after his loss to John Cena. Lesnar was upset about Cena’s post-match promo because the original plans called for Cena to be stretchered out. Lesnar felt that he was made to look weak and was under the impression WWE officials double crossed him.

According to sources, WWE’s new mentality with Lesnar is that they’re paying him a ton of money and he's not even their top star. It's said they want to use him to put over top talents (Cena, Orton, etc.). Lesnar’s camp feels like WWE was just testing him by having Cena cut the post-match speech.

It should be noted that Lesnar was told before the match at Extreme Rules that John Cena would be taken out of the arena on stretcher. He was also told Cena would look totally incapacitated and be "injured". After the match ended and Cena cut his promo, Lesnar went crazy backstage. This happened in front of numerous WWE officials. He was said to be throwing and tearing things up in the locker-room and screaming to anyone who would listen. Lesnar specifically yelled at Marc Carano, the assistant to John Laurinaitis, about how things are a mess and everything is wrong in WWE these days. Some felt that part of the tantrum was just an act by Lesnar to show to the locker room that he could quit at any minute and doesn't really care to be there. Some of those same people felt that WWE officials could have been involved in Lesnar trying to work the other talents and internet.

During the tantrum, Brock claimed that Cena intentionally pulled down the top rope at Extreme Rules, causing him to nearly blow out his knee in the bad spot towards the end of the match where they both tumbled over to the floor. Again, most believe that there is no real heat between Cena and Lesnar over this and this also could have been part of an act by Lesnar.

Numerous WWE sources insist that Lesnar’s status and future with WWE is a "sticky" situation. While Lesnar vs. Triple H has been talked about for the SummerSlam pay-per-view, some in the company are already predicting that he will end up working the remaining big pay-per-view events of 2012, Royal Rumble 2013 and then WrestleMania 29 before leaving WWE again. There has also been talk of a Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar match at some point.

More as we get it. Stay tuned.
    If there is truth to the stretcher thing, then I don't blame Brock, because I was sitting in my seat, wondering myself what the f**k the point of all that was. An inauspicious start to his career. If the WWE wanted to use him to put over guys, then they should have had him go on an undefeated tear first, before having him job out. Having him lose his first match, regardless of how, just makes him look like a jackass.

PRO Member

I absolutely agree with you on Brock's problem with the stretcher. Watching that match, that should have really been the logical angle to end it, instead of Cena bouncing right up, telling his mom that he was ok, and then giving a promo after taking what was supposed to be the beating of a lifetime. Cena would have won the match, but Brock would have won the war. The way it played out, Cena turned into SuperCena after a long absence. He looked worse for wear after the Tensai match on Raw a few weeks back.

If they want Brock to elevate these guys, then keep your word. I'm not a Lesnar fan, but know that he could really help put some guys over the top, including bringing back the bad-ass Orton that never smiles, that we all hate to love and love to hate.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

The Playboy Wikipedia

You know what annoys me about Tensai? I feel like he's too much of a Japanese Umaga. I think it would have been better had He returned as Albert or A-Train. But anyway, what else annoyed me is that on WWE.com, when Tensai faced R-Truth, they said that he was his biggest profiled opponent to date. I thought to myself "Didn't he face Cena the previous week?". While it's good to see Albert back in WWE, I'm not a fan of the current gimmick.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Word is going around that Brock's tantrum backstage at ER may have been a partial work. Lesnar was legitimately upset with the finish to the Cena/ Lesnar match but the outburst was so over the top it may have done to foster rumors of Brock leaving the company thus making his return appearance on Raw a bit more of a surprise. However the news did not leak out till Monday night of the outburst and it may be used later in his current storyline with Triple H.

This thing gets weirder by the second.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Platinum Procrastinator

Its hard to say whats real or not anymore after the Punk story a few months back. However, if Cena getting carried out on a stretcher is true, I can understand why Brock would be pissed. Heck, I'm pissed off and I'm not the one getting screwed over, well I am in a way as they made Brock look like a joke now and Cena is still Stupid Super Cena.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

An old-fashioned cowboy

I just read the spoilers for Smackdown this week and saw that Dean Ambrose(Jon Moxley) defeated Ezekiel Jackson in a dark match. I hope this means that WWE is close to bringing him to the main roster.

Retired

Am I the only one who doesn't like Brock Lesnar? I feel he's overrated.

Lvl 9 - Gold

'Nuff Said.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Monica Rial #1 Fan

And one, two, three, four, two, two, three, four, three, two, three, four, four......

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    And one, two, three, four, two, two, three, four, three, two, three, four, four......
    Huh? I'm guessing that's referring to something that happened on Smack Down?
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Huh? I'm guessing that's referring to something that happened on Smack Down?
    Or with that GIF?

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Brock Lesnar? I feel he's overrated.
    I can't stand that bitch!!! He is trying to bring MMA style to WWE. TBH, I think he looks smaller then before plus did I mention I can't stand that bitch!?

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Yeah, it was my response to the gif, guess I should have explained myself?

An old-fashioned cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post

'Nuff Said.

Uh why is the crowd inanimate?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Uh why is the crowd inanimate?
    They took a still photo and the Lesnar pull and put it into one.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    I can't stand that bitch!!! He is trying to bring MMA style to WWE. TBH, I think he looks smaller then before plus did I mention I can't stand that bitch!?
    Yeah, he lost some weight. And yeah, he's kind of a dick. I swear, he forgot he wasn't in an MMA fight during that match with Cena.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Lvl 9 - Gold

If I was Lanny Poffo I would sue the crap out of Damien Sandow. And seriously of all the gimmicks to steal, the Genius? Really?
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html