Page 89 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3692

WWE Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Originally Posted by holycrapoly Without her, Ziggler may be face. But that still doesn't mean he wouldn't be good. He ...

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    Without her, Ziggler may be face. But that still doesn't mean he wouldn't be good.
    He wouldn't be as good as a face.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    He wouldn't be as good as a face.
    I don't know. He is already cheered by the fans when he faces Sheamus. We've never seen it before from him so no one can say for sure.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 9 - Gold

Very nice match by Ziggler, Jericho, and Miz.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

PRO Member

A recent interview with raw Gm AJ Lee determines she wil never ever pose for playboy...
    AJ Lee Interview - Whether She Would Pose For Playboy, Meeting Lita As A Teenager

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    A recent interview with raw Gm AJ Lee determines she wil never ever pose for playboy...
    AJ Lee Interview - Whether She Would Pose For Playboy, Meeting Lita As A Teenager
    I really hope she changes her mind...

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 9 - Gold

Good episode of RAW. At first I thought the expansion to three hours would be a bad move at how they could fill the time but I'm starting to like it because it makes for longer better matches notably the triple threat between Chris Jericho, The Miz and Dolph Ziggler. Also the tag team between Big Show and Daniel Bryan against John Cena and Cm Punk. Also there's more good Mic time moments to help expansion to rivalries.

And the match between Brock Lesnar and Triple H has just become even more personal now after breaking Shawn Michaels arm.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    I feel like its wrong to be sad. No, its perfectly normal.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

My FAVE FIVE:

Lvl 7 - Gold

Daniel Bryan is absolutely OWNING the crowd. His pops and interactions with the audience have been the best RAW segments for several weeks in a row now. This garbage with Kane has got to go, he's too good for it. Once Ziggler cashes in (assuming he wins) I'd love to see a WHC program between the two.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I referenced this post cause it was related, anyway:

There was a talent meeting reportedly held last night before Raw and Management (specifically Triple H) asked anyone upset to step forward and air whatever issues they had. Reportedly no one spoke up and the meeting ended with Hunter asking people to use common sense when using their social media accounts.
    This bugs the crap out of me. Believe me I have been in meetings where I have wanted to say something to my boss and held my tongue for the betterment of my job. But I don't go on twitter or facebook or radio shows and piss and moan over my unhappiness. I get that there might be a fear of losing ones job over speaking up but if these guys are as upset as reports seem to indicate then why care if you lose your job, at least you make the attempt at making the situation better.
    What makes this all a little more annoying is that anyone of these guys who do get released in the near future will go on the same shows to whine about how the WWE mistreated or mishandled them and never gave them a chance to do anything about it. Again not saying speaking up would have done anything but at least then they would have a legitimate example to put with their argument.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    I referenced this post cause it was related, anyway:

There was a talent meeting reportedly held last night before Raw and Management (specifically Triple H) asked anyone upset to step forward and air whatever issues they had. Reportedly no one spoke up and the meeting ended with Hunter asking people to use common sense when using their social media accounts.
    This bugs the crap out of me. Believe me I have been in meetings where I have wanted to say something to my boss and held my tongue for the betterment of my job. But I don't go on twitter or facebook or radio shows and piss and moan over my unhappiness. I get that there might be a fear of losing ones job over speaking up but if these guys are as upset as reports seem to indicate then why care if you lose your job, at least you make the attempt at making the situation better.
    What makes this all a little more annoying is that anyone of these guys who do get released in the near future will go on the same shows to whine about how the WWE mistreated or mishandled them and never gave them a chance to do anything about it. Again not saying speaking up would have done anything but at least then they would have a legitimate example to put with their argument.
    It's interesting to see that the higher ups are at least acknowledging the disgruntled mid-carders. I heard that the meeting was more to tell the guys that they were aware of the frustration and were actually going to attempt to revamp the system, whatever that means, on top of telling them that going public wasn't the way to get a change, especially if everyone just sat on their hands and kept quiet when the people who call the shots were actually listening. The fact that JTG actually got some TV time instead of just being released is interesting... even if it was just to job to Ryback and sit through the phony "feed me more" chants by the "crowd", lol.

Lvl 9 - Gold

They AREN'T acknowledging them. If anyone of the pissed off guys (JTG, Santino, Ryder, Tensai, Hawkins, Reks, Tatsu, etc) were to speak up, they'd be fired, used less, and nothing would result. The talent can either:

1) 10-15 people Rise up and all speak up at once and WWE is forced to make action.

2) They get a union together under leadership of The Rock, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, etc (all guys who have gone to bat for midcard talent in the past)

3) The pissed off talent go to media outlets and it goes fully public. Linda loses her senate seat and the talent celebrate.

My FAVE FIVE:

Lvl 9 - Gold

They AREN'T acknowledging them. If anyone of the pissed off guys (JTG, Santino, Ryder, Tensai, Hawkins, Reks, Tatsu, etc) were to speak up, they'd be fired, used less, and nothing would result. The talent can either:

1) 10-15 people Rise up and all speak up at once and WWE is forced to make action.

2) They get a union together under leadership of The Rock, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, etc (all guys who have gone to bat for midcard talent in the past)

3) The pissed off talent go to media outlets and it goes fully public. Linda loses her senate seat and the talent celebrate.
    1) They gave them a chance to do that with the talent meeting or just to have them do that, they didn't. Look it's great JTG can stand up for himself on twitter but if the moment comes to say it to Vince or Hunter's face and he backs down no one is going to back him up and nothing changes. The problem is these guys have become the equivalent of internet trolls within their company, behind a keyboard or a smartphone they can lash out and say anything but they don't want to do it in a situation where it might actually accomplish something. You very well might be right if Yoshi stood up and said 'I'm sick of not being used and want TV time' he might have been released or Vince might have commended him for growing a pair of balls and given him a shot, but we won't know cause nobody took a chance to say something. However I'll bet all of them will have something to add on twitter about it in the near future.

2) The odds of there ever being a wrestlers union are slim to none. It would be great, they could argue for better treatment, healthcare, etc. But here's the problem a union works when it controls who can work in a field, like the teamsters, and that won't happen because for every JTG there are a million indy guys who would gladly let Ryback murder them to get more than 20 bucks per gig. On top of that it is not just a big name that has to step up for the undercard talent it has to be a big name the WWE NEEDS. Rock may sell a couple PPVs but he's not around enough to be an needed roster member, Jericho is in and out of the company too much, and Rey is still trying to rebuild his own place on the roster. If one of these guys went to bat for the lower card guys and the brass didn't like it, well I guess Sin Cara gets that title shot Rey was gonna have...oops. It would take a headliner who is sticking around a bit to really put traction to an idea like a union.

3) They already do this and look how much has changed.....NOTHING!! And it won't. Linda doesn't have a senate seat, she ran before and LOST and NOTHING changed, why? Because she will just run AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. Bitching on media outlets doesn't do any good because guys like Vince do not respect people behind keyboards, if he did I'm sure the internet wrestling community would have gotten to him long before now. It comes down to something CM Punk mentioned when asked to compare his rant about a year ago to JTG's, he pointed out that JTG made some good points but never bothered to say them to Vince, whereas when he went off it was all the things he had already said to Vince's face and was now publicly venting afterward. And THAT, that is the reason things changed for Punk. Get fired, TNA would gladly hire the guy who is gonna go on their show and publicly blast Vince for firing them after they simply said 'I want my shot', then you build yourself there and come back better or Hell make that company better- that would really stick it to them. But they aren't willing to take those chances, they'll piss and moan online and nothing will change.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The mere fact that a meeting was held suggests that they ARE acknowledging them, JTG already spoke up and all of a sudden he's on RAW instead of being fired. They were given an open venue to convey why they're pissed with no heat as a result, if they just kept their thumbs up their butts then it's their own fault if nothing changes. Vince has a reputation for respecting guys who stand their ground and fight back when he pushes them... Punk is a great example of that. He also has a reputation for being merciless to people who don't... like JR and more recently Dana White. If they want a better position they need to put away the social media and fight.

I'm not sure how a union would work. The talent isn't technically "employed" by the WWE. Their self employed contractors who reach deals with the company via iron-clad contracts that the WWE is very careful with. I'm not familiar enough with the specific structure to try and analyze anything but I could see that causing a snag.

Finally, Linda will most likely lose (again) anyways. If I remember correctly she wasn't even close last time and I doubt anything will change this time.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Haha, I was wrong. Linda won her Senate seat nomination today.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by eternalunderdog View Post
    Haha, I was wrong. Linda won her Senate seat nomination today.
    Dammit. both of us.

Lvl 9 - Gold

She won the republican nominee. Linda still has to defeat the Democrats, which probably won't happen.

It all comes down to locker room code. "Speak Up" means "You keep your mouths shut."

My FAVE FIVE:

Lvl 9 - Gold

She won the republican nominee. Linda still has to defeat the Democrats, which probably won't happen.

It all comes down to locker room code. "Speak Up" means "You keep your mouths shut."
    I said nomination, but I didn't think she'd even win that much.

I don't think that's the locker room code at all. If it was guys like Cena would have been fired when he said he hated the prototype gimmick and wanted to do something else. Then Stephanie found out about his backstage rapping and off he went.
    Same with Ryder, granted he's not getting a lot of TV but his outcry was very public and he was doing it backstage to the writers as well, and even if he's not getting great exposure his name is much bigger than it was a year ago.
    The locker room code isn't even applicable here, it's more the office code and that seems to be "If you talk, back it up" guys who stand their ground move up. Guys who show up, nod/ smile, then go home and rant on twitter get ignored.

PRO Member

Please save me from saying I am no longer a wrestling fan.

I have watched Raw and sometimes smackdown and I have to say they need better ideas then what they have. AJ being GM great until they still making it seem she's crazy. I do agree with one thing even though I don't like the guy, I think I would be more wanting to buy summerslam if bryan was in the main event and it was elimation match. instead everyone knows what is going to happen and I am going to say this right now.

Cena wins summerslam
    Punk wins the rumble
    Rock wins the title at the rumble
    Punk wins the title back

One thing I am wondering about is if they have punk win the rumble and rock win the match what are they going to do at the Elimation Chamber for the Raw side. Are they actually thinking about having the Rock face 5 other people in the chamber? I don't think The Rock is that stupid to run the risk of his body. I also have to say that The Rock just needs to go away. Sorry to say this as it seems he is only calls up vince so he can promote his new movie and after the promotion he goes elsewhere. When the rock told everyone that he will stay in the WWE all I thought was HAHAHA. Rock needs to stop saying this stuff because it will just make the true wrestling fans mad. I hate to admit that I wanted Cena to win at WM 28. Stince I am going on the rant and talking about WM I believe the taker needs to lose, its not impressive that he has never lost at WM because it is scripted. Anyone can have anyone can do that. It would have been more impressive if the WWE kept their mouth shut and not put two and two together. well I think I am done with my rant, thoughts?

Ice Cream Firefighter

my top 10 fantasy matches that will never happen

1. Daniel Bryan vs Andre The Giant - 1hr Ironman Match
    2. Stacey Kiebler vs Layla - Bra & Panties Match
    3. DX vs Wade Barret's NXT posse - Elimination Tag Match
    4. Vickie Guerrero vs Beth Phoenix - I Quit Match
    5. Mankind vs Wade Barret - Hardcore Streetfight Match
    6. Ryback vs Brock Lesnar - Steel Cage Match
    7. Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart - Submission Match
    8. Eddie Guerrero vs Alberto Del Rio - Car Crusher Match
    9. Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara - 1 on 1 Match (may happen 1 day)
    10. Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne vs The Hardy's - Ladder Match

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

Didn't Rey already fight Sin cara? right when he entered the WWE (Sin Cara)