Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

The Official 2011-2012 Superbowl XLVI Champion Giants Thread! All Hail The New York Giants!

This is a discussion on The Official 2011-2012 Superbowl XLVI Champion Giants Thread! All Hail The New York Giants! within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; This is the thread to talk NFL football, of course. And remember ladies and gents.......

Monica Rial #1 Fan

The Official 2011-2012 Superbowl XLVI Champion Giants Thread! All Hail The New York Giants!

This is the thread to talk NFL football, of course. And remember ladies and gents....

Korean Girl Group Groupie

This last weekend was interesting. Lions and Bills won again to both remain undefeated. Can't believe the Vikings right now, they should honestly be at least 2-1, but Leslie Frazier has about as much idea on how to coach a football team as I do on astro-physics. (psst, give the ball to Adrian Peterson 25 times a game!)

My Broncos still look horrible, and lost a very winnable game. Feel bad for that entire team with the whole "Tebow" thing being crammed down everybody's throats by the media every waking second. This week we get the Packers, so I'd expect Ryan Grant to have his best day of the year, like all RB's against the Broncos.

Interesting games this week

Detroit vs Dallas - another show me game for the Lions, and I can't wait to see how well Romo's kevlar vest holds up against a boy named Suh.

New England vs Oakland - the Raiders actually looked pretty damn solid last week against the Jets, and New England is coming off that implosion and 4 INT game by Brady. This game will speak volumes on where both teams are at this point.

New York Jets vs Baltimore - With Namath now questioning whether the Jets are prepared or not, or showing off to much (irony?) We get to see them play against the up and down Raven's D. With the Rex Ryan connection this should be a really fun X's and O's game with one of those nice 17-13 scores that football fans love.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Legendary...Nuff Said

Well after 3 weeks the NFL is sure full of surprises! Both the Lions and the Bills are undefeated, and teams such as the Redskins and Raiders have been doing well thus far. If my Bears (1-2) don't have a shot at the playoffs, I will definitely be rooting for the Lions. Hats off to them for turning it around, I knew they would be a force to reckon with this coming season.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Notorious K.I.D.

Don't hold out much hope for my Seahawks. Really not a big fan of Tavarus Jackson. Would like to see more Whitehurst. No way we make the playoffs this year with a 7-9 record.

PRO Mimbur

I still have faith in the Falcons...I think .

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well my team is awful again as usual, but I just cant leave them (25+ years). I love the team but HATE the organization. Mike Brown must go!! Al Davis and his overhead projector still thinks its 1970 but I'd rather have him as an owner. How sad is that. But hell I prepared for 0 wins and so far we beat a rival in the Browns and allowed 2 other games to get away.... Now I have hope (for the future) and that's when it hurts to be a Bengals fan....

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ABSTRACT678 View Post
    I still have faith in the Falcons...I think .
    Yeah I think you'll need to unthink that.

As for my Bears, there's so much wrong with the offense that I don't even know where to start.

It's too bad this play didn't count because of the penalty, which is still up for debate, because this was unbelievable....

Never seen anything quite like it.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post

As for my Bears, there's so much wrong with the offense that I don't even know where to start.

It's too bad this play didn't count because of the penalty, which is still up for debate, because this was unbelievable....

Yeah, that was pretty crazy. After watching the replay like 30-some times I was able to make out Graham tug onto a Packer's jersey for a split second right after the ball was punted. So it's not like nothing happened, but I think the call itself was a little bogus. I would've liked to have seen what would happen if the TD wasn't called back. Not only was that an amazing play, but the Bears would've been down by only 3 with a minute left. Recover an onside kick and send out Robbie Gould to make a field goal and it goes into overtime...

Administrator

*cough* Jeremichael Finley sure had a good game.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    *cough* Jeremichael Finley sure had a good game.
    Yeah he sure did didn't he? Your boys sweatin' those Lions yet or what?

A few exciting games coming this week are the Detroit-Dallas game (to test how good either team really is), the New England-Oakland game (to see if that Brady game was really a fluke, and if the Raiders are legit), and the Jets-Baltimore game (lot of Rex Ryan history here, and expect an X's and O's dogfight with one of those 13-10 scores we love so much).

Really shocked at this point about the Bills, and the Lions (although less shocked about them, but the expectations were there). I can't believe the Vikings are 0-3, when they should be 2-1 at the worst. Looks like Leslie Frazier really has no idea what he's doing. (psst, here's a hint, give that Adrian Peterson guy the ball 20-25 times a game.)

My Broncos look as mediocre as ever, and week 3 just means more of the media not shutting up about that annoying "Tebow" thing. This week we got the defending champs, and I would expect them to have somewhere around 450 total yards of offense by the end of the day.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    My Broncos look as mediocre as ever, and week 3 just means more of the media not shutting up about that annoying "Tebow" thing. This week we got the defending champs, and I would expect them to have somewhere around 450 total yards of offense by the end of the day.
    Isn't it funny how in Denver they're clamoring for Tebow, but in Miami they're clamoring for Orton?

Isn't it funny how in Denver they're clamoring for Tebow, but in Miami they're clamoring for Orton?
    If I were a 'fins fan, I'd be clamoring for some "Luck" if you catch my drift. If the Colts somehow tank as badly as the Collins-Painter thing takes them, wouldn't that be the cat's meow to see them draft the successor to Manning, by having the best QB prospect since... well, Manning.

Lvl 4 - Silver

That play was amazing. But being a Packers fan it was really good to see that it was called back Even though the call was a bit fishy That would have made the game a bit to close for my liking though.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Lvl 2 - Bronze

That punt return was amazing. Didn't get to watch the game live since I was working, but wow, awesome.

Go bears.

Administrator

Yeah he sure did didn't he? Your boys sweatin' those Lions yet or what?
    Ehhhh, still a couple more weeks before we play them. So the teams could still change drastically. But I still have faith in my boys.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Go 49ers!!!!!!........Sixth Lombardi Trophy is Coming Soon

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ninerfire49 View Post
    Go 49ers!!!!!!........Sixth Lombardi Trophy is Coming Soon
    While I enjoy your enthusiasm....

Allow me to direct your attention to a couple of NFC teams that might have something to say about that. The Packers and the Saints.

Legendary...Nuff Said

While I enjoy your enthusiasm....

Allow me to direct your attention to a couple of NFC teams that might have something to say about that. The Packers and the Saints.
    ... And the Lions! I could see them making a legitimate playoff run this year!

But yeah, sorry mate, the 49'ers aren't gonna make the playoffs this year. The West looks to be controlled by the Arizona Cardinals with Kolb playing great, and the wildcards will most likely be taken by teams in the NFC North and East.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    ... And the Lions! I could see them making a legitimate playoff run this year!

But yeah, sorry mate, the 49'ers aren't gonna make the playoffs this year. The West looks to be controlled by the Arizona Cardinals with Kolb playing great, and the wildcards will most likely be taken by teams in the NFC North and East.
    Touche, how could I forget the Lions. This ain't you daddy's 0 and 16 Lions son.

Hey with some "Luck" the Niners may get a top 5 draft pick. **hint hint nudge nudge**

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast