Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 276

MMA Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MMA Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Holy crap!! Mir is gonna fight Cormier in Strikeforce. I got Cormier for that one. Also in a double WTF: ...

  1. #241
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    601
    Reputation
    30

    Holy crap!! Mir is gonna fight Cormier in Strikeforce. I got Cormier for that one.

    Also in a double WTF:

    http://mmajunkie.com/news/29936/ufc-...title-shot.mma
    Last edited by skidmarkgn; 07-30-2012 at 02:55 PM.

  2. #242
    illegal in 9 countries
    ant1th3s1s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,462
    Reputation
    526

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Holy crap!! Mir is gonna fight Cormier in Strikeforce. I got Cormier for that one.

    Also in a double WTF:

    UFC on FOX 4's 'Shogun' Rua vs. Brandon Vera winner gets title shot | MMAjunkie.com
    Im not surprised Mir has been put put to pasture.

    The next title shot (after Hendo) goes to Machida. He cleaned up Bader in quick order and in spectacular fashion, whereas Rua ground out a 4th round win over a dull Vera.

    PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

  3. #243
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    601
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Im not surprised Mir has been put put to pasture.

    The next title shot (after Hendo) goes to Machida. He cleaned up Bader in quick order and in spectacular fashion, whereas Rua ground out a 4th round win over a dull Vera.
    As a longtime Pride fan it's breaking my heart seeing Shogun these days. I know his knees are FUBAR'd but his training camp seems to just be a bunch of yes men who don't push him. I guess Ninja didn't even accompany him to the cage this time because he's so fed up with the crap trainers and their lack of drive. I'm still a life long fan of Shogun but at the rate he's going I don't know if we'll be seeing the world beater that was in Pride ever again... which is a shame, especially when most of the new fans (read: kids) I've seen on other sites are looking for any reason to bash the legends of the last generation.

  4. #244
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    601
    Reputation
    30

    FOX 5 just got freakin' STACKED!!

    Bendo/Diaz
    Shogun/Gusto
    BJ/Rory
    4th fight TBA

    PPV worthy card for free!!!!!

  5. #245
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    2,881
    Reputation
    150

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    FOX 5 just got freakin' STACKED!!

    Bendo/Diaz
    Shogun/Gusto
    BJ/Rory
    4th fight TBA

    PPV worthy card for free!!!!!
    That is a stacked card. I hope BJ doesn't go into his normal whiny rampage mode after Rory destroys him.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  6. #246
    illegal in 9 countries
    ant1th3s1s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ōsutoraria
    Posts
    3,462
    Reputation
    526

    Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    That is a stacked card. I hope BJ doesn't go into his normal whiny rampage mode after Rory destroys him.
    Does that mean BJ's back up at Welterweight? I thought the dude retired after the Diaz fight.

    Anybody watch the Henderson vs Edgar yawnfest? Disappointing fight...I hate point battles.

    PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

  7. #247
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    finchmiester1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    39
    Reputation
    3

    as much as edgar didn't deserve the rematch i had him winning like most people, i scored it 48/47 sonnen is fighting forrest at 205 hes also engaging in a war of words with bones jones over twitter dont be surprised if trash talks his way into a title fight in the next few months as JBJ likes to stay active and LHW is running out of competition for him to face.

  8. #248
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    601
    Reputation
    30

    UFC 151 just got scratched entirely 8 days before the event!! Hendo's hurt. Dana and co. tried to find a replacement but everyone refused... save one. Sonnen who was not even close to the first guy talked to. Jones refused to fight ANYONE on that short of notice so the whole event (which was really only one fight) got scrapped. I've been a big Jones fan since his start but this was a serious diva move. I can understand Anderson refusing fights when they're offered (without an event already scheduled and a week out mind you) because he's on the ass end of his GOAT career and deserves the highest profile fights possible, Jones isn't in that category yet. The Toronto card gets Jones/Machida as the main event now and I'm hoping Machida kicks his ass for screwing over so many people.

  9. #249
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    2,881
    Reputation
    150

    I think Jones made a smart decision to avoid fighting Sonnen. Say what you want about the guy, but he backs up his talk by doing one thing, taking your ass down to the canvas. I think he would have given Jones a lot of trouble and would've taken him down a few times. He might of lost the fight, but it would of shown that Jones is not invincible.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  10. #250
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    601
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I think Jones made a smart decision to avoid fighting Sonnen. Say what you want about the guy, but he backs up his talk by doing one thing, taking your ass down to the canvas. I think he would have given Jones a lot of trouble and would've taken him down a few times. He might of lost the fight, but it would of shown that Jones is not invincible.
    I couldn't disagree more. If you're a champion and want to be considered a "pound for pound best" then fighting a guy from a lower weight class with zero KO power, especially after training for Hendo, shouldn't be a problem.

    As of right now the 205 title fight in Toronto is now Vitor/Jones because Machida decided against fighting Jones that soon. Apparently Anderson tried to save the event as well. He called Dana and said he'd step in and fight any 205'er the UFC offered him (except for Jones who already proclaimed he wouldn't fight ANYONE after Dan pulled out of the fight) it was too late.

  11. #251
    ADMlNlSTRATOR
    Helyx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    3,266
    Reputation
    621

    Cung Le put Rich Franklin to sleep.


  12. #252
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    601
    Reputation
    30

    Wow, Cain gets a title shot after one win at HW because we all know how bad Dana wants that Mexican money. Sonnen gets a title shot in a division he hasn't competed in (in the UFC) while coming off a loss. Who the hell knows who Silva's fighting next. Diaz is getting a shot at GSP after coming back from a drug suspension and a loss, while Hendricks is forced to watch and wonder why. And Edgar gets a shot at Aldo in a weight class he's never competed in and coming off of two losses.

    Welcome to the "WWE" era of the UFC. I'm a fan of the WWE but I really don't need to see it in MMA. There's just too many deserving guys in every division that seemed to be forced to the sidelines because they either don't run their mouth enough or haven't given Dana an old-fashioned in the locker room and it sucks. Hopefully it'll just be a 2013 fad and the real contenders can get their shots when it dies out.

  13. #253
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    2,881
    Reputation
    150

    Well if you think about it, it was smart on GSP's part to call out Diaz as his next fight was going to be either against Silva of Hendricks. Both of which would be significantly harder fights in my opinion and I don't know if he would be able to win. Well maybe against Hendricks, but not against Silva.

    As for Cain, I would've thought he'd have to face someone like Overeem to get another title shot.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  14. #254
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,394
    Reputation
    79

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Wow, Cain gets a title shot after one win at HW because we all know how bad Dana wants that Mexican money. Sonnen gets a title shot in a division he hasn't competed in (in the UFC) while coming off a loss. Who the hell knows who Silva's fighting next. Diaz is getting a shot at GSP after coming back from a drug suspension and a loss, while Hendricks is forced to watch and wonder why. And Edgar gets a shot at Aldo in a weight class he's never competed in and coming off of two losses.

    Welcome to the "WWE" era of the UFC. I'm a fan of the WWE but I really don't need to see it in MMA. There's just too many deserving guys in every division that seemed to be forced to the sidelines because they either don't run their mouth enough or haven't given Dana an old-fashioned in the locker room and it sucks. Hopefully it'll just be a 2013 fad and the real contenders can get their shots when it dies out.
    dude i could not agree with you more. there are way too many guys deserving title shots not getting them it makes me sick. that was a well said post. +rep

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

  15. #255
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    WhoaIsJustin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    46
    Reputation
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Wow, Cain gets a title shot after one win at HW because we all know how bad Dana wants that Mexican money. Sonnen gets a title shot in a division he hasn't competed in (in the UFC) while coming off a loss. Who the hell knows who Silva's fighting next. Diaz is getting a shot at GSP after coming back from a drug suspension and a loss, while Hendricks is forced to watch and wonder why. And Edgar gets a shot at Aldo in a weight class he's never competed in and coming off of two losses.

    Welcome to the "WWE" era of the UFC. I'm a fan of the WWE but I really don't need to see it in MMA. There's just too many deserving guys in every division that seemed to be forced to the sidelines because they either don't run their mouth enough or haven't given Dana an old-fashioned in the locker room and it sucks. Hopefully it'll just be a 2013 fad and the real contenders can get their shots when it dies out.
    Obviously, Gustafsson would typically be your next #1 contender, but you can't really have your LHW champ on the shelf that long while you wait for Alex to prepare for that title fight. That being said, Sonnen is an odd choice and screams "ratings grab" to me.

    Hendricks not getting the next shot at GSP is just a travesty, though.

    Latest Platinum: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PSV)
    Next Platinum: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Twitter: @JEWombat



  16. #256
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    WhoaIsJustin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    46
    Reputation
    1

    Anyone else excited Big Country put another big W in the win column?

    Latest Platinum: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PSV)
    Next Platinum: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Twitter: @JEWombat



  17. #257
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    601
    Reputation
    30

    Hopefully Bisping will FINALLY be out of title talk permanently. I'm a bit worried because Vitor looked pretty jacked and I know there's a TRT issue with him, a PED suspension would open the door right back up for the UFC's golden goose. as long as the test come back clean, his big 'ol doughnut against top competition remains fresh as ever

    Love Vitor calling the UFC on their bullshit and berating the Chael/Jones fight. His asking for a rematch doesn't sound interesting though, there's still a couple of 205'ers I'd like to see get a shot before Vitor even gets considered.

  18. #258
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    2,881
    Reputation
    150

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Hopefully Bisping will FINALLY be out of title talk permanently. I'm a bit worried because Vitor looked pretty jacked and I know there's a TRT issue with him, a PED suspension would open the door right back up for the UFC's golden goose. as long as the test come back clean, his big 'ol doughnut against top competition remains fresh as ever

    Love Vitor calling the UFC on their bullshit and berating the Chael/Jones fight. His asking for a rematch doesn't sound interesting though, there's still a couple of 205'ers I'd like to see get a shot before Vitor even gets considered.
    I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I seen him tonight. The guy is a lot bigger than I've ever seen him so I hope he wasn't on anything. Also like you, I can't see him getting a shot at Jones right away either.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  19. #259
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    skidmarkgn's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    601
    Reputation
    30

    Hey, Overeem... psssssst.... sometimes being overly arrogant and cocky can blow up right in your face... about a dozen times

  20. #260
    Prayer Warrior
    Johnny_Sparx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,394
    Reputation
    79

    it was a great ppv. one of the best in awhile. glad to see overheem got his face smashed in. upset edgar didn't pull out the w but he's a great fighter. he'll rebound. and really suprised evans didn't get the win. i didn't see that one coming at all.

    ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO