Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

MMA Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MMA Discussion Thread within the Sports forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Well I guess its time to get this thread started and back on track again especially now that the new ...

Platinum Procrastinator

MMA Discussion Thread

Well I guess its time to get this thread started and back on track again especially now that the new season of The Ultimate Fighter has started.

Let me start off by asking if anybody seen UFC 135? I thought it was a decent card and was impressed by Jon Jones yet again. Hopefully he'll destroy Rashad as well and keep the belt. Anyways, just thought I'd get the ball rolling with a small post.
    Last edited by Denaratuck; 09-28-2011 at 05:24 AM.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I caught 135 and I gotta say that I personally thought the fights weren't that exciting. Barring that awesome armbar attempt by Mark Hunt, I thought the fights were rather boring. Of course I'm crestfallen that my boy Hughes lost and I think he should hang it up.

On the Jones fight, he completely dominated Wampage but I mostly saw Jones stand behind his reach and didn't really stay in the pocket with Wampage. I understand that it would've been stupid of Jones to do such but with all the trash talk coming from both guys, I expected Jones to knock out Wampage and not submit him. After all Sakuraba already subbed Wampage back in the Pride days.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Player Hater

I thought the fights were pretty average too. Nothing exciting at all stood out. After all of Rampage's trash talking, I was hoping he was going to back it up and at least attempt to smash the shit out of Jones, but he wasn't forthcoming. Spewing to see Hughes get KO'd right in the dying seconds of the first round as well. He started off ok...

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I caught 135 and was disapointed by the way Rampage and Jones turned out. I really wanted to see what jones' chin is really like and how he would of reacted to rampage connecting on him. As far as the other fights go I was impressed with how easily Nate diaz was able to take Gomi and i would like for him to try and make a run at the title to see how he would do. Dissapointed in what happened to Matt hughes and looks like its time to retire. Travis Browne didnt look impressive at all and proly wont get past mid level heavy weights and the Mark Hunt Ben Rothwell fight looked like both of those guys really need to work on cardio because they were both basically gone after the 1st round.

Here is your Card for UFC 136. Lets try and who can predict the out come of the most matches for fun. but please say what round and how to make it a little more challanging.

Main Card
    Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (Edgar by decision)
    Featherweight Championship bout: Josť Aldo vs. Kenny Florian (aldo by 3rd rnd KO/TKO)
    Middleweight bout: Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann (Chael Sonnen by decision)
    Heavyweight bout: Dave Herman vs. Mike Russow (Herman by decision)
    Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Melvin Gullard (Gullard 1st rnd KO/TKO)

Preliminary card
    Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago (Maia by 2nd rnd submission)
    Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens (Pettis by 1st rnd KO/TKO)

What do you guys think?

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by BALLZ View Post
    Main Card
    Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (Edgar by decision)
    Featherweight Championship bout: Josť Aldo vs. Kenny Florian (Aldo by 3rd round KO/TKO)
    Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Melvin Gullard (Gullard 2nd round KO/TKO)

Preliminary card
    Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago (Maia by 2nd round submission)
    Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens (Pettis by 3rd round KO/TKO)

What do you guys think?
    I agree with you on all the winners but I changed just a few of the rounds in which I think they'll get the win.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Whens that free card on FOX?

PRO Member

Jones looked great against Rampage, as expected, and I'm a fan of Mark Hunt, from K-1 and Pride days, so it's good to seem have some success. The post fight press-conference was hilarious.

PRO Member

Main Card
    Featherweight Championship bout: Josť Aldo vs. Kenny Florian (aldo by 3rd rnd KO/TKO)

Preliminary card

What do you guys think?
    Damn, that's a great card!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Jones did look good against Rampage. Then old Rashad had to come in the ring and 'ruin Jones moment twice'...haha. Jones might be the real deal and be able to defend the belt more than once. Bring on Silva vs Jones.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I caught 135 and was disapointed by the way Rampage and Jones turned out. I really wanted to see what jones' chin is really like and how he would of reacted to rampage connecting on him. As far as the other fights go I was impressed with how easily Nate diaz was able to take Gomi and i would like for him to try and make a run at the title to see how he would do. Dissapointed in what happened to Matt hughes and looks like its time to retire. Travis Browne didnt look impressive at all and proly wont get past mid level heavy weights and the Mark Hunt Ben Rothwell fight looked like both of those guys really need to work on cardio because they were both basically gone after the 1st round.

Here is your Card for UFC 136. Lets try and who can predict the out come of the most matches for fun. but please say what round and how to make it a little more challanging.

Main Card

Preliminary card

What do you guys think?
    136:

Edgar by UD
    Aldo Tko in 1st
    Sonnen by UD
    Herman by coinflip I guess
    Lauzon by sub. in 2nd
    Maia by sub. in 1st
    Pettis by UD

Player Hater

Main Card
    Featherweight Championship bout: Josť Aldo vs. Kenny Florian (Aldo by decision)
    Middleweight bout: Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann (Stann by TKO 2nd )
    Heavyweight bout: Dave Herman vs. Mike Russow (Herman by TKO 2nd)
    Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Melvin Gullard (Guillard TKO 1st)

Preliminary card
    Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago (Santiago TKO 2nd)
    Lightweight bout: Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens (Pettis Decision)

Lvl 7 - Gold

Almost forgot about Saturday

Cruz by UD
    Barry by KO
    Wiman by sub.
    and Brenneman by UD

Mark it!!

Update: The prelims are over and every fight had a stoppage!! Doubt the main card will have the same results but Vs. cards are keeping their reputation of always being exciting. I remember Jones was the poster-boy of the first couple/few of the vs. cards...

Think I'm gonna start calling him Dominick St. Pierre.
    Last edited by skidmarkgn; 10-01-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Player Hater

I know I didn't post my picks here, so this could be met with skepticism, but I'm involved in the ranking of a King Of Predictions app on my iPhone where you pick the winners and methods on all the fight cards across all organisations. The following were my picks for today's card...
    Cruz by decision
    Struve by submission in the 2nd
    Johnson by KO/TKO in 2nd
    Wiman by decision.
    I only dropped 1 single point in those picks, Rumble's round, best result I've had to date. If I only I had fucking $$$ on those picks lol.

Platinum Procrastinator

I actually missed this as I slept all day/night Saturday so now I'm off to read the results

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Shit i missed it as well i didnt even realize what date it was.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I actually missed this as I slept all day/night Saturday so now I'm off to read the results
    It was a pretty solid card, I'm sure there will be a replay sometime soon.

Platinum Procrastinator

I seen all of the fights after and have to say the prelims were good. I'm also wondering if Pat Barry ever spends anytime training on submission defense. I feel bad for the guy because he does have the skills to be doing better than he has been lately.

Lvl 7 - Gold

UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida!
    What happened to Rashad? I was looking forward to someone shutting him up.

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstEvil28 View Post
    What happened to Rashad? I was looking forward to someone shutting him up.
    Had pins in his thumb after fucking it up in the fight with Tito and won't be ready in time. As much as I'd like to say this is Rashad ducking another fight, it must be kind of disappointing for him. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride... (except for once lol)

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast