View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

4 25.00%
  • 3 - Moderate

8 50.00%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

4 25.00%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the SSX forum, part of the S; Thanks to Marccap of the Banner Team for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to Marccap of the Banner Team for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Crack Fortune Hunter

Oh god. This trophy list looked so easy on paper. Earning all the badges it asks of you will be RIDICULOUS.
    "Your records have withstood 50 challenges from your friends."
    "Place 15 Geotags that never get collected."
    "Finish in Diamond Bracket 10 times in a Global Event"

There are a bunch of things like this. Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing all this, but this will take QUITE a while. Have fun everyone
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Retired TGT Member

Yeah, I was going to register the same preliminary rating as Jakintosh. Some of those badges are going to be really tough to get. Other worrisome ones include
    • Survive 5 runs in a Survive Event
    • Survive 4 runs with no rewinds and no survival gear
    • Compete in 50 Race, 50 Trick, 50 Survive, and 50 Custom Global Events. That's 200 events right there...at least it doesn't say you have to win.
    • Stay in the air for 8 seconds without deploying a wingsuit.
    • Earn over 10,000,000 points in a single combo (not event).

The game is awesome and fun, but the plat won't be that easy. Getting to 50-60% is probably pretty easy. After 5 hours I was at 30%.

PRO Member

I'd have to agree on a preliminary read here. The badge golds and silvers look like a pain, but aside from that, the trophies look simple enough. Probably won't actually get this one, mainly due to the "The Gold Spender" , but that's just me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Gunna have to go with moderate. As far as difficulty goes, the hardest badges to obtain are probably the survive badges. They can be done somewhat easily if you go to the rockies and take it slow for 5 runs. The global event badges are somewhat intimidating , but they only take time. I have them all except for the "compete in an event with 50,000 players", going to have to wait for more people to get the game lol.

The Grand Ray Legend

Moderate

Even though the 50,000 riders badge really screwed alot of us, There were a lot of hard badges, overall fun game
    Sig made my the talented DaRe_xLw
    Retro Sig..Be Hungry!

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

Moderate. It's not really "hard" in a skill sense, but there are some factors that'll make it difficult for some.

The only truly "hard" badge is "Compete In A Global Event With 50,000 Players". And that one just takes time, and relies on there being a decent community - something that's really out of the player's hand.

That being said - should the online ever die for this title, then you can kiss this Platinum goodbye, unless EA uses bots to inflate numbers on the events.

Most of the badges were pretty fun, some were a little time consuming [IE: Accumulate 60 minutes of air time in the Wingsuit - easier said than done]. Also, there's no real tracking of any kind, so you can't tell just exactly how long you've done something, or how many of something you've collected.

There are percentages, however, so if you have a calculator/know how to figure them, you can get an exact number that way. There's also no way of knowing which Peaks you've competed on [ For the "Peak-A-Boo" trophy ], or which ranges you've already beaten friends on [ Outside of the standings on each peak ].

Overall this is a pretty doable series of trophies.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I voted easy on this.This game was and still is extremely enjoyable and it did the previous installments proud.There were 1 or 2 patches that were a little frustrating but nothing that couldnt be over come with a little time and effort.The only thing to bare in mind is the 50,000 riders badge.I did think i wasnt going to get it but i was very wrong and as time goes by,wether it will still be attainable as the games novelty wears off,i dont know.I usually stay away from games that have online trophies but because of the original games,i was going to get this regardles and im really glad to say it was worth getting.I really enjoyed the online aspect of the game.I couldnt wait to finish the world tour so i could go online all the time.Explore mode was great and the global events are awesome,this game just doesnt loose anything for me,no matter how long i play,the game always makes me want to play more and never gets boring.Trying to compete against ethereal trails was a good idea,but maybe if the game had an actaul head to head element to it,it may have been something totally different.All in all a great game and if you havent played the originals then shame on you lol but this is a fantastic first outing for SSX on a next gen console

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

I rated this one a moderate just to be fair, because this game somewhat relies on personal skill. I have played SSX since the first one and have loved the series since Tricky, so I'm a vet. For me, this platinum trophy was very easy to get, but it may not prove that way for everyone, so to be fair I gave it a moderate. The 'toughness' of the badges people listed in earlier posts is a bit misleading. None of these badges are hard to get at all, you just have to be proactive in adding new friends. Get 10 people on your friends list that play and you will have you 50 ghost wins in no time. You actually need 100 ghost wins to get the 150,000 credits but like I said, just work on it and it isn't hard at all. Unless you classify hard as a bit time-consuming as well, which I don't.

All of the trophies are pretty self-explanatory so you don't have to wonder how to get them. It tells you plain as day. A few of them take some skill like beating the Cold descent with no solar panels, but once you get the line down it's actually fairly easy. Most of the trophies and badges are more time consuming than anything, so the easiest way to get done with things is by shooting to increases your totals on multiple badges at once. 4 of the global badges are to Compete in 50 global races, trickys, survives, and custom events. 50 of each. But if you start your own custom match and make it a race, it counts for 1 race and 1 custom. So on top of competing in regular global events for huge cash payouts, also create your own custom matches with short time limits to boost your amount twice as fast. And then even on top of that, you can do like I did and make your custom event a survive match in Patagonia and use that to boost your Wingsuit time. Doing that works up like 5-6 badges at once depending on what badges you already have. You can make 3 global custom events at once so with short time limits on survive runs your 1st one should run out of time when your finishing your 3rd one.

And Fox is wrong about not being able to track your progress towards your badges. You absolutely can. If you go into RiderNet and go to the Badges screen the categories will be on the left and an overview of the badges show up on the right. Click a category to go into it and simply highlight any of the badges you don't have and in the bottom right corner of the box it will show your current percentage into the badge you are. It's simple to figure it out with your percentage because most of the amounts are low enough to see it and figure it out. I.e. - You need 60 minutes of Wingsuit time, percentage 56% = obviously you are at around 32-33 minutes of time. Thats about the hardest it gets to figure out how much you need.

"I Love & Hate to Thump-Thump Annabelle and Maria with That Gun or This Machine. It's Lucky my Pew Pew recharges my Tesla-Beaton automatically, or my All-American Big Boomer would Knock-Knock your Cram Opener quicker than you can yell 'Oh Baby!, Mercy!!' Holy Frag Grenades Batman! You need a large Mysterious Magnum to ring THAT Dinner Bell!"

On a scale from 1 to 10, my charisma would be 007

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted moderate. I just earned the Platinum yesterday. It took more work and dedication than most of the games I have but that is not to say that it is difficult. Sports champions is still one of the hardest platinums I've gotten (so far).

But some games are just longer. If you are consistent about doing global events, creating or participating in custom events, and play through the game on other modes like explore and world tour, you will eventually get it. My last 2 trophies were the Survive without a headlamp and participate in 50 custom events. Most of the trophies you will get eventually by playing but those 2 and about 8 others I had to work to get.

Overall a fun game that I plan to continue to play. If anyone needs ghost riders or someone to make events, send me a message or add me.
    greyghost19
    put ps3trophies.com in the message please. Thanks.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

(Before going on I got all achievements, not trophies, but the are the same)
    I voted Easy. What others were saying above is that if you are getting into the game now there will be no way to platinum it. No GE will ever get 50,000 riders as the online has died down a ton. All the other trophies aren't difficult, but more tedious. Doing events with every rider and participating in 50 of each GE can be annoying. Getting 10 diamond bracket could be troublesome, but with a little ingenuity and time you could kill two birds with one stone and make custom events with whatever type of event, make it last 10 minutes, do your run, get diamond, repeat.

> Restart Button <

Fun game for sure. Some of the trophies you don't even have to think about. It's a matter of just playing the game. I did have some at the end there though. I pumped out about 40 custom events at 10 minutes each and it took me about 2 hours and I got the last badge trophy, in turn giving me the plat.

I voted moderate as it takes awhile. I wouldnt say it is difficult though.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by DannySeel View Post
    No GE will ever get 50,000 riders as the online has died down a ton.
    It's not necessary anymore, that has been patched some months ago. You get the badges for doing an event with x participants immediately you start any global event.