Star Ocean 5 in the make?

This is a discussion on Star Ocean 5 in the make? within the Star Ocean: The Last Hope International forum, part of the S; Hey everybody, Nice to be back again, yesterday I've read something that Star Ocean 5 is in the make. (no ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Star Ocean 5 in the make?

Hey everybody,

Nice to be back again, yesterday I've read something that Star Ocean 5 is in the make. (no official doc though)
    Does somebody knows anything of this?
    I'd really like it to come

Lvl 1 - Bronze

wow
    cant wait

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Definately me too

PRO Member

Well originaly they stated that SO4 would be the last one that they made.

But this: Tri-Ace Tech Demo: Star Ocean 5??? Project Nailbat being the a tech demo and nothing more is only being fuled by speculation and "what ifs" personaly until something concrete comes from the horses mouth I wouldn't put much hope in it, after all theres alot a hate for the SO series.

Galaxy beauty pirate

That would be great! Would be nice if they didn't make the trophies very time consuming as well.
    Sig by Ramon

worlds biggest welch fan

E p i c.
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I hope it won't only be speculations. I hate nothing of star ocean. And I know it's very popular in Japan.

SO PLEASE TRI-ACE MAKE ANOTHER SO

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I really really doubt this is happening, Square Enix own the Star Ocean IP and Tri-Ace have cut their publishing ties with them and are working on several games with konami atm

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PRO Member

Which is what every reliable source on the internet has said for the past few years.
    As of SO4 thats the end of the series, you can check this for your self on the majority of fan sites across the net and even the tech demo doesn't say its any of the characters from any series of games they've made.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I would really prefer to see them try something new than to go back with another Star Ocean title. The games themselves aren't exactly major sellers, and aren't a franchise that I think warrants another entry.

Like Sieghardt said, with Tri-Ace out there freelancing at the moment, and a partnership with Konami - what would be nice is perhaps them taking a stab at the Suikoden franchise, which has been sadly missing from this generation of consoles.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

It does not matter whether SO5 will come out or not, but I am certainly looking forward to new things between Tri-Ace and Konami. I <3 Tri-Ace so much, their games rock to no end! =3

^ And oh, Suikoden!!! I was a huge fan of Suikoden 2 or 3, I cannot remember, for the PS2. It would be lovely to see a new Suikoden game, or my most-wanted Tri-Ace game yet... Valkyrie Profile 3. I will be waiting...
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah Suikoden was cool too!! I had 4, 5 and tactics. Which were good (except for tactics that is).

But still I was very thrilled by Star Ocean the Last Hope, I think it is the best game I've ever played. No kidding, I was enthousiastic from beginning to end. And I've got the platinum trophy which took me 600+ hours. And I didn't get bored at all!!!

I'd like to play something new too, but I've never played the well known valkyrie profile games. So I don't know what to think of it. Suikoden was nice too, but it couldn't beat Star Ocean in my opinion. I think the story is better in Star Ocean, lots of optional stuff to do.

I can't stop thinking about Star Ocean. I've definately seen the light when I put that game in my PS3.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i hope they will not make any Stupid BT like before
    i dont mind grind 30.000 Kill , obtain 255 Ology Drop , Kill Boss Under x Minutes etc
    but Dying 100 times , Deal XXX Damage so stupid

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Adjudicator View Post
    i dont mind grind 30.000 Kill , obtain 255 Ology Drop , Kill Boss Under x Minutes etc
    but Dying 100 times , Deal XXX Damage so stupid
    It takes more time to grind 30k kills with a single character (let alone two) than it has taken me to get the platinum trophies for certain other games in my collection. I'd rather have a "stupid" BT that obliges me to think outside the box and do things I might not otherwise do than to have the game padded with artificial grinding to achieve an arbitrary mark.

All that aside, everything I've read indicates that Star Ocean has run its course. Sure, you'd probably make RPG fanboys happy with any old RPG.... even another tepid sequel of an old title.... but I'd just as soon have a new franchise that has its own attractiveness and its own potential for greatness.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I love the series, but I don't think Star Ocean needs another entry. Till The End Of Time was an excellent ending to the series, and I don't really think they can follow it up with much, all they can do is add more prequels (such as The Last Hope). Which isn't a bad thing, but it really isn't necessary.

Currently Playing-- Eternal Sonata (PS3), Majora's Mask (N64), Bowser's Inside Story (DS), Darksiders (PS3), Maken X (DC)

Harvester of Souls

I can live with another . I haven't finished up this one yet as been procrastinating and such, but yeah >

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Haven't played the PS3 one yet, but would certainly purchase a 5th installment (although as others have stated the 3rd game does tie everything up nicely). I have liked the 3 I played so far quite alot, and am only putting off playing last hope as I want to finish what's on my plate before starting any backlogged RPGs that I have.

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here