View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 2.94%
  • 2 - Easy

3 8.82%
  • 3 - Moderate

14 41.18%
  • 4 - Hard

11 32.35%
  • 5 - Very Hard

5 14.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed forum, part of the S; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Retired TGT Member

3 - Moderate. This game is a 3.5 if you use the infinite health/powers trick, but it may be a 4.5 without that. The Sith Master difficulty is really tough as you die in like three seconds and deal seemingly no damage. Good thing I'm a Star Wars fan or I wouldn't've been able to force myself through this one.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

moderate
    just like above, if not for the glitch it would've easily been a 4.5

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Regional Manager of War

I voted Hard(4)

I can't begin to express how many times Kazdan Partus was kicking my arse!!!! I was to weak to fight him, they weren't joking when they said "Only for those who mastered the force" Also I learned about the glitch after the plat which made me say damn I could have saved my remote

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    I voted Hard(4)

I can't begin to express how many times Kazdan Partus was kicking my arse!!!! I was to weak to fight him, they weren't joking when they said "Only for those who mastered the force" Also I learned about the glitch after the plat which made me say damn I could have saved my remote
    Let this be a valuable lesson...the glitch makes the game soooo much easier and may save you $50 worth of PS3 controller

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Let this be a valuable lesson...the glitch makes the game soooo much easier and may save you $50 worth of PS3 controller
    indeed it was I kept the controller remains as a reminder.... , the controls of the game didn't help with the difficulty either. They were worst than Killzone 2. The game is far from impossible but without the glitch there are quite of few annoying parts
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 11-15-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I voted hard, I platted before i discovered the fabled glitch...oh well

PRO Member

Moderate - Sith Master was a pain in the butt.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted "Hard". There were a few collectibles that were a bitch to get to, and Sith Master difficulty was a definite pain. I found Kazdan Paratus to be kinda hard on Sith Master, but I just did the same thing I had done in my normal playthough and got through him fine. I found Maris Brood's Bull Rancor to be tougher than Paratus. Took me about 7-8 tries before I'd finally beaten that hulk of a beast. Beating Proxy during the Sith Master playthrough kinda glitched on me and I had to beat him three times in order to get to the star destroyer. I also hated the AT-ST and AT-CT and the royal guards in the elevator room of the Death Star.

I liked this game a lot and have got to get around to playing TFU II soon. Hoping that when they come out with TFU III they do a combo of a similar story to TFU and the controls of TFU II.

An old-fashioned cowboy

3. Moderate I hated nearly all the boss fights. They were the most annoying parts of this game.

The Old Guy

I voted hard on the assumption that you're not using the glitch. With it, it becomes moderate.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's not that hard if you don't run out charging into a whole mob of enemies. Take your time, lure them out one by one, use your force grip instead of lightsaber attacks and watch tips on how to kill the bosses and you should have it in no time.

Notorious K.I.D.

I voted Moderate, but I used the glitch. It would have been almost impossible for me w/o it.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 6 - Silver

i voted moderate even though i havent platted it yet, (sry i didnt pay attention) im on Sith now and just defeated Shak Ti and its really not that bad. and no, no glitch for me

Lvl 9 - Gold

I voted Moderate- Sith Mode was a pain in the backside but it was far from impossible. The biggest thing that got me was areas I just underestimated the enemies in and ran into without looking. If you take your time it isn't that bad.

How do you do the infinite health glitch? (this is the first time I've heard of it)
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 4 - Silver

MODERATE, good game and story not to bad a little time consuming and why am i just hearing about the health/powers glitch could've saved me some headaches oh well i have a very well earned plat.

PRO Member

I voted Moderate. I just finished it up this morning, and while I think that some of the trophies were pretty easy to obtain, some of the boss fights were an absolute pain in the arse. Balancing that all out, and I go with moderate. If you go with the glitches, I think that it should be a heck of a lot easier.

2011 Member of the Year

Voted Moderate.
    A solid game, giving you a nice challenge.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate, much better than the second installment

Beast Incarnate

4 - Hard

This game is a cake walk until Sith Master mode. This can be really, really difficult at times. The Emperor is insane and it took me a few attempts to get a decent enough strategy to beat him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast