Trial Athlete Trophy

This is a discussion on Trial Athlete Trophy within the Super Street Fighter IV forum, part of the S; Hail to you SSF4 fans Last week i finally got my hardest single player trophy so far, "Trial Athlete". At ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Trial Athlete Trophy

Hail to you SSF4 fans

Last week i finally got my hardest single player trophy so far, "Trial Athlete".

At first, I never thought that I could make it. Because it seemed beyond impossible to me doing all those insane combos with all characters. Anyway, I started my journey 6 months ago and I was just doing them to train my main characters at the begining. Then I realized that completing them are so fun. Some of them were so damn hard that you may want to jump from the window. But seeing "Success" on your screen worths more than hundred orgasms and yes, I had this feeling so many times. Day by day i made progress. it was so painful also really rewarding, and after 6 months I had all the characters completed.

Hardest ones for me was "C.Viper - 22" (made it without adding cr.Mp) and "El Fuerte - 24" and I never add moves (punches etc.) between links except "Ryu - 24" (just added a light shoryu to link the ultra after FADC), never mash the buttons, never hope for a lucky link. If someone asks me to do any of them once more yes i certainly can.

As a result, it was worth all the hard work and I wonder what you guys think about this trophy

MK Plat = Overrated

Yep, hardest trophy for me too. Although I only have 12 (by date of this post), I can't see myself having a harder trophy to get, ever. However, if somebody asked me to do a few of my most hated trials, I'd have to tell them to go pound sand up their ass. I did get some satisfaction out of completing those ridiculous ones but, I think it was more relief that I didn't have to ever attempt it again. So no, I did not get the orgasmic feeling that you did.

I'm going to get more satisfaction out of this game as soon as my T. Hawk hits rank A, which should be any day now. I do have to admit that since I've got the for SSFIV, I've lost interest in it. Once I do hit rank A, I don't really see any other reason to play it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Nice man, did you use pad or stick?

I'm currently at 97.98% and I just can't find the strength to continue.

Still need to do:

Chun-li : 22-24
    E-honda : 21-22-24
    Zangief : 23-24
    C.Viper: 21-22-24
    Abel : 24
    El Fuerte : 23-24
    Gen : 19-23-24
    Adon : 24

This is my first ever street fighter so i'm not really doing that bad, but I want to complete them all!!
    Got any tips?

Btw who do you main?
    Last edited by DonFloris; 01-06-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well ladies and gentlemen I finally did it.

Regarding my last post, I completed every single trial in one go.
    I just sat down and al of a sudden everything just worked!

I'm so happy right now

Now we wait until sfxt so I can do it all over again lol
    Last edited by DonFloris; 02-17-2012 at 03:11 AM.
    Sig/Avatar by JackAttack

Lvl 9 - Gold

You guys are pretty good - I can't even get halfway through some of the later combos!

Nice work on getting them all done!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    You guys are pretty good - I can't even get halfway through some of the later combos!

Nice work on getting them all done!
    Just take it slow and keep trying it, you will eventually get it
    Sig/Avatar by JackAttack

Lvl 1 - Bronze

BALROG TRIAL 22

Can anybody help me with this trial been stuck on it for 10 days !!!!! I cannot get the st lp and cr mp together Im always to far away for cr mp is there some tip that anyone can help me with this trial PLEASE??? Im using PS3 controller but I also own a fightpad which Im alright on and a fight stick which im okay-ish on my username is JONKS1 on ps3

PRO Member

This is one of my hardest trophies too. I can do the trals so much faster now, once you know what you're doing it becomes easier... but it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by JONKS View Post
    BALROG TRIAL 22

Can anybody help me with this trial been stuck on it for 10 days !!!!! I cannot get the st lp and cr mp together Im always to far away for cr mp is there some tip that anyone can help me with this trial PLEASE??? Im using PS3 controller but I also own a fightpad which Im alright on and a fight stick which im okay-ish on my username is JONKS1 on ps3
    It would help if you linked a video so we can see what you mean.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Singularity in a Super Massive Black Hole

Quote Originally Posted by Microcuts-X View Post
    Hail to you SSF4 fans
    Last week i finally got my hardest single player trophy so far, "Trial Athlete".
    At first, I never thought that I could make it. Because it seemed beyond impossible to me doing all those insane combos with all characters. Anyway, I started my journey 6 months ago and I was just doing them to train my main characters at the begining. Then I realized that completing them are so fun. Some of them were so damn hard that you may want to jump from the window. But seeing "Success" on your screen worths more than hundred orgasms and yes, I had this feeling so many times. Day by day i made progress. it was so painful also really rewarding, and after 6 months I had all the characters completed.
    Hardest ones for me was "C.Viper - 22" (made it without adding cr.Mp) and "El Fuerte - 24" and I never add moves (punches etc.) between links except "Ryu - 24" (just added a light shoryu to link the ultra after FADC), never mash the buttons, never hope for a lucky link. If someone asks me to do any of them once more yes i certainly can.
    As a result, it was worth all the hard work and I wonder what you guys think about this trophy
    I hear you! It makes me feel like a champion when I finally get those hard ones done. I did them all using the pad. I recently went back and did all the ones I did with the analog stick (circles and cammy's triple ex air cannon spike) again with the dpad. The only trial I needed to use the pause method on was ken - 24, but I even went back and did that one legit! The only trial I HAVE to use the analog stick on is C Viper - 22. I just can't get her to do the hjc to ultra correctly otherwise. I can do Ibuki's - 24 and the original version of this trial no problem though.
    For me, it was a 3 year long journey for Street Fighter IV. When I hit my latest wall, I started in on Super. Figuring out how to do some of the trials in this game allowed me to go back and plat Street Fighter IV. I finished all the trials in this game in one month, my last two trials being C Viper - 24 and Adon - 24 in that order!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFloris View Post
    Nice man, did you use pad or stick?
    I'm currently at 97.98% and I just can't find the strength to continue.
    Still need to do:
    Chun-li : 22-24
    E-honda : 21-22-24
    Zangief : 23-24
    C.Viper: 21-22-24
    Abel : 24
    El Fuerte : 23-24
    Gen : 19-23-24
    Adon : 24
    This is my first ever street fighter so i'm not really doing that bad, but I want to complete them all!!
    Got any tips?
    Btw who do you main?
    For C Viper, Abel, and El Fuerte, I found it easier to do when I didn't look at the screen, but just looked at the controller. They're 24's are all about perfect timing and not wasting ANY inputs. Practice in this way for about an hour memorizing the inputs perfectly and you'll get them. For C Viper 22, what worked for me was after adding a cmp doing down to up twice on the analog stick, slight delay, and 3p for ultra. (without the slight delay you'll get the super).
    Just keep practicing with Gen, Zangief, Chun Li, and E Honda, they aren't that hard when you know what to do.
    For E Honda - 24 using a dpad do this: smp, 3 clp, 3chp. Once you find the perfect rhythm for it (it's slower than you think, you'll pull out the heavy handed punch every time. Just immediately link it into the super!
    For Adon - 24, do the inputs this way and hope that everything connects: after the fsmp, wait until just after his elbow completes the downward arc and do clk, then in one motion do qcf down+cmp (finish) qcf+3p.
    It takes a lot of time and hard work. A lot of the time it comes down to timing and a little luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by JONKS View Post
    BALROG TRIAL 22
    You can try adding in ex dash uppers to get closer, but I did it as is. It's all about timing.