Question about Surround Sound Systems.

This is a discussion on Question about Surround Sound Systems. within the Technology forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Hey guys me again.. I just had a few questions about Surround Sound Systems. Now I found a nice surround ...

Vive La Révelation!

Question about Surround Sound Systems.

Hey guys me again.. I just had a few questions about Surround Sound Systems.
    Now I found a nice surround sound system on walmart.com Now I’m kind of paranoid about my electronics using too much power. For instance that’s why I wont buy a Plasma TV. So anyway this Surround Sound System‘s title is “Philips Blu-ray Home Theater System: Wi-fi, 1000 Watts, Net TV, 1080p”
    Now does the 1000 watts have something to do with the sound it puts out? Or does that mean it takes a 1000 watts of electricity all cranked up?
    Haha, just curious guys, I don’t know anything about these systems.

Peace R3V.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 6 - Silver

1000 watts is how much power the speakers can handle. Does not mean they will use 1000 watts of power

Lvl 5 - Silver

If you're worried about volts why not get a surround bar, some give you the same thing just less clutter. I think you wanna check the amps