Quick Screenshot Program?

This is a discussion on Quick Screenshot Program? within the Technology forum, part of the General Chit-Chat; Hey I'm just wondering what FREE programs are available that will take perfect quality screenshots, and provide the image URL ...

Nope, nothing

Quick Screenshot Program?

Hey

I'm just wondering what FREE programs are available that will take perfect quality screenshots, and provide the image URL there and then?

I had Screensnapr, which was perfectly fine, then an update was released and from then on all the shots were low quality

I'll give out a nice bit of rep for whoever can help me out

Thanks.

Death is Awaiting....

I use Screensnapr, but since it's down right now I use Gyazo. You can try it hold on let me show ya. 85502a81da4f030f2245ed3db41ad6ca.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Schismalicious View Post
    I use Screensnapr, but since it's down right now I use Gyazo. You can try it hold on let me show ya. 85502a81da4f030f2245ed3db41ad6ca.png
    Thanks for that

And no one else knows of any others?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Thanks for that

Although I do have a questions about it, I can't figure out for to use it on anything other than the desktop. Once you launch the program it automatically starts it on the desktop

What am I missing?

And no one else knows of any others?
    Aside from Screensnapr and Gyazo, I don't know of any other FREE screen-cap programs. With the recent Screensnapr hackings (or whatever the hell has been the problem recently) I've been using Gyazo.

You have to launch the program everytime you want to take a pic, so the best way to use it is to pin it to your taskbar (I'm going to assume you know how to do that, lol). Then when you want to grab a snap just click the icon on your taskbar.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by SideEffect View Post
    Aside from Screensnapr and Gyazo, I don't know of any other FREE screen-cap programs. With the recent Screensnapr hackings (or whatever the hell has been the problem recently) I've been using Gyazo.

You have to launch the program everytime you want to take a pic, so the best way to use it is to pin it to your taskbar (I'm going to assume you know how to do that, lol). Then when you want to grab a snap just click the icon on your taskbar.
    Shame, Gyazo is pretty useless for what I need it for

And yeah, I know how to do that

PRO Member

Maybe i'm just doing it the hard way but, why not just use PrtScn? If you have a specific window in focus, you can then use Alt + PrtSc and it will just grab that window rather than your entire screen. You could then dump it into a document or your choice of Graphics programs like GIMP or PS.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    Maybe i'm just doing it the hard way but, why not just use PrtScn? If you have a specific window in focus, you can then use Alt + PrtSc and it will just grab that window rather than your entire screen. You could then dump it into a document or your choice of Graphics programs like GIMP or PS.
    Judging from the OP, I think they were looking for something that auto-uploads the image to a hosting site, much like Snapr uploads and provides an instant url for posting. Your method would, obviously, require the additional step of manually uploading the image to a site.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    You know what, for the purpose I want it for, that's perfect I'll be using the screens in PS anyway.

I feel a bit daft for not thinking of that Thanks very much

KCCO!

You know what, for the purpose I want it for, that's perfect I'll be using the screens in PS anyway.

I stand corrected.

PRO Member

Outstanding! Glad I could help out

Harvester of Souls

Lmao!!! when I read this.. I was like, I wonder what's wrong with simply pressing PRT SCRN button and then pasting to do whatever in another program, but Hitman's point made sense.. THEN chambers .. oh goodness I lol'd . But was about to suggest this the same as BMJ since I don't use any additional programs.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay