I don't know if anyone is working on the guide but here is what I can help with. 3 hour plat

This is a discussion on I don't know if anyone is working on the guide but here is what I can help with. 3 hour plat within the Tekken Tag Tournament HD forum, part of the T; Tekken control legend is here: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php Strike! - Use Bryan, move a little to the right before aiming, and aim ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I don't know if anyone is working on the guide but here is what I can help with. 3 hour plat

Tekken control legend is here: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php

Strike! - Use Bryan, move a little to the right before aiming, and aim a little to the left. Do about 85-99% charge, practice this and you'll get good at strikes.

No need for Help - Easy, just do as it says there is literally nothing hard about this one.

Tournament Champ - Easy as well, you can turn the matches on one round to go even faster.

Doctor B! - While bowling just aim towards the doctor in the lab coat on the left side, and give it a bunch of power. You probably won't be able to see him get hit but it will say KO when he does. Not that hard.

Counter Master - Go in practice mode, have a friend or the computer attack for you ( you can turn the controller on in the freestyle mode ), and counter with characters who can ( paul for example, B+2+4 aka tri + circle ). Easy strings to counter are Bryan's 33 ( xx ).

Team Player - You can just set the team to two and win 5 separate matches of these. Easy.

Staying Power - I recommend just getting good with paul, and using deathfist ( aka phoenix smasher / qcf2/tri ). If you get good at this move, you can throw it out quite often, and every time they miss ( whiff ) punish them with this move. You can easily get to 10 if you do this. It's good to bait them into doing get up attacks.

Land speed record - As I said above with paul and deathfist, do this to easily get 5 minute times.

Escape Artist - This is best with two controllers. Just have your friend do a grab ( like 1+3 aka square + x ), and break with 1 ( for that specific input he did ). Easy.

Safe! - Best in practice mode. An easy way to do this is pick paul, do a B+1+2 ( power move aka back + square + tri ), and when it hits keep tapping forward very fast until paul starts running. When paul is getting some what near his opponents flying back body just hit 4 and he will slide. Rinse and Repeat. You can also do this by just backing up and doing it from a far away spot to get running room.

It's a Bird, it's a Plane! - Running Cross chops are pretty much the same as Safe! but with 1+2 out of run, or F+1+2. You can just back up far and run in and do this over and over.

Alley-oop - For this all I did was a launcher with paul ( in this case it was either d/f+2, or qcf+1 immediately tag ) and then jab with your other character or kick . Basically it's a launcher + tag right away, then continuing from that with your second character. It's again really easy once you figure out what I'm talking about.

Didn't break a sweat! - you can just play versus, set the second players health to 1 hp, and kill them in one hit every time until you reach 10.

Great! - Do this in vs as well.

I believe I can fly - This you just need pjack as your SECOND character. As your main character hit up+tag at the same time, and pjack will come flying out and land on the opponent. Make sure you land on them thats all.

Saw it Comin! - Practice mode again. Just have a friend do a low move, and low parry it with a well timed down+forward.

Juggernaut - Just sit in practice mode and do 10,000 damage. Easy.

Doormat - In practice mode, have the second player controller stay on the ground after being knocked down. Now just get running distance and run over them a bunch of times.

Cat-like Reflexes - While someone is tackling you ( pauls tackle or jins is d/b+1+2 ), just hit 2 right away a bunch of times. It seemed to take longer for me than 5, but you can try blocking the punches themselves as well that might be the proper way to do it.

What's My Name? - vs mode, have opponent pick unknown. to change her movesets just hit r3 5 times.

Flawless Victory - it's self explanatory, you can change the difficulty to easy, set on one round, and abuse pauls deathfist like I said above.

All or nothing - easy, do it in vs mode. Just hit and hold F+1+4 as yoshimitus while getting close to the opponent. If there health is low enough it will kill them in one shot.

Watch your back - practice mode, walk behind opponent, and do any grab towards their back.

Serious damage - to me the easiest one is for Jin that I know of - I do this : f~d/f+2 ( godfist ), b,f,2,1,2, d/f+4,4. I am sure there are others, maybe something easy with hwrong like launch with some combo like 3,3,3 and do another 3,3,3. This stuff is easy if you play tekken now days .

Made for each other - Easiest one is as King, with armor king as your partner. Just hit B+1+2~tag ( ~ is immediately ). Done.

The A Team - Team battle, 8 characters, hard, paul with deathfist, nuff said.

Eternal Champion - I did this the hard way since I play Tekken a lot, but someone on another trophy site suggested this: "Set round to 1, time to 30 seconds, deplete some health of the opponent, and back off, block and keep away,you'll win easilly this way."

Oohraah - Just like I said about the other time attack one, just use death fist with paul.

Throwing Rocks - Play Bryan, do what I said above and you'll figure it out. My last game I got 1 turkey, and one 4 strikes.

Gold Tetsu - Vs mode, set 2p with 1% hp, just have tetsu picked. Make sure you hit square over him when you highlight him so you dont pick mokujins outfit.

Judo Legend - I think these are just different ways for getting up on the ground

Ukemi:
    3 or 4 - (into the foreground)
    1 or 2 - (into the background)
    Input which ever button you choose immediately as you hit the ground to quickly roll into the foreground or background.
    This is usefull when your opponent is on the offensive but not using many low attacks.

Ukemi Roll:
    B - Roll backward
    F - Roll forward
    Hold either B or F immediately as you fall to the ground to roll quickly back on your feet.
    Ukemi forward is effective when there is a distance between you and your opponent you are wanting to go on the offensive.
    Ukemi backward is useful when you wish to recover swiftly but your opponent is on the offensive and might be utilizing low attacks.
    One Man Army - Paul, Deathfist, easy... just dont tag.

Turkey - Bryan, advice above

Beyond perfection - vs mode, 2p @ 1%

Chicken! - As you learned to counter above, there is actually a way of reversing it. It comes down to what arm you had countered. So if you did a left punch you need to do this on that same side of the controller. I will keep it simple and give you one example: You pick Bryan, Opponent 2p picks paul. You do 3,3 string, and your opponent tries to counter it. When he counters it you must hit F+1+3 since its a left kick, you hit that side of the controller. It must be fast, and you will see it reversed and you will hear "chicken". I've had some people do this to me in a tournament, its very hard to do on the fly .

Anyway that is all, if you have questions I will check back in this thread. Not a real guide but I hope this helps for those who cannot wait. I got my plat about 30 minutes ago with at most 2.5 hours played.

PS: I am formerly SupraDoom on here, didn't post much @ the end but wanted to help.

Trophy Guide Kitten

Well usually we don't allow mini guides to be made, but as there is no guide for this game I will allow it to stay, FOR NOW. Please contact me and we can maybe get you set up with an official guide.
    K? Thanks

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I got asked by a member to explain and since I can't reply via PM to the text being too long I will just post this here for now. Don't worry I will still finish my guide and explain everything better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeiharu
    I hope I'm not too much of a bother. I'm asking you since you were sticking around to do the TTT trophy guide. If possible could you be a bit more clearer on certain trophies and if you could help me with one thing in prologue (I assume you have it since you have TTTHD)?

I'll start with prologue. Tag combos, as much as I've been playing Tekken since the beginning I have never been competitive to learn combos and such. I know for TTT you have a move listed on the guide which I'll probably try out but I'm looking more into finding a way to do it in prologue. Only Xiaoyu, Alisa, Devil Kazuya, and Devil Jin are available and even though Xiaoyu is my main, for the life of me I can't do a tag combo. Do you know anything I could try?

Then for TTT, the two that aren't very clear are attack reversals and reversing them. What exactly is a counter and how can I tell them apart? Hopefully if that's answered I can even understand the suggestion in the guide for both trophies. They just seem very confusing.

Thanks for the help if it's not too much of a problem.
    Now that it's been approved to be an official guide I will be spending a lot more time going back and making everything very clear. I quickly made that last thread, so it was a bit rushed. I will def take what you don't understand into consideration when I answer the questions in more detail, but to give you advice now :

I play about 13 characters + pretty well in Tekken, but Xioyu and Alisa are def not two of the, so asking me for advice on tag combos for them is pretty useless. You can look up TTT2 info on TekkenZaibatsu ( I moderate here ) for their specific combos, but I can help you a little with devil jin and kazaya.

Basically how the tag combo system works from what I can tell : You can tag out to your second character with any launcher. So basically anything that launches them up in the air, if you hit tag immediately while launching them your second character will run in and be able to continue the combo from there. If you tag with a launcher, your character coming in will stay and finish the combo. The second trick to a tag combo is the bound move. A bound move ( B! is the command on TekkenZaibatsu ) is a move that bounces the opponent towards the ground, generally you do this mid-air combo which ends up extending the combo because they bounce back up to continue the combo. You can do only one bound PER juggle, and when you do the bound during the juggle determines how many hits you get before or after. To explain that, if you bound right after your launcher, you will get more hits after the bound move. But if you do a launcher then a few moves before bounding them, you will have less hits after the bound likely. This is how the whole bound system works in Tekken 6 as well. Now anyway, to get back at how this works in TTT2, when you bound you can also do the bound + tag thing you did with a launcher. The difference between the launcher + tag, and the bound + tag, is that the bound plus tag seems to bring the character that you inputed the bound + tag back after a hit or two from your second character. OK, so hopefully that explains the basics, but now I will explain how to do an actual combo or a example of a tag combo. I can only really explain Devil Jin + Kaz for now!

First thing I want you to learn is what a god fist is, or electric god fist. For lots of tips and details on this you can see here:
    Tekken 6 - Rising Uppercut / EWGF Tutorial (Kazuya) - YouTube

or just know the command is pretty much like this : f~d/f+2. This is a launcher ( ~ immediately ), both Devil Jin and Kaz have it. They both have non-electric versions, called god fists. They both have just frame versions called electric wind god fists. The electric version takes practice, but for our purposes it may not be needed to basic combos and you can just do normal wind god fists.

This is a start for a tag juggle: As Devil Jin F~D/F+2 + tag, 1 ( a jab ), d/b+2 + tag ( a B! ), 1, d/f+4,4. If you can't get that second 1 thrown in you can just skip it and do the d/f+4,4.

That juggle is some what easy, and it involves all of the concepts of how to do a tag juggle. I am new at TTT2 but that is in theory the kind of stuff you will be doing, a launcher with a tag, and a bound with a tag. Sometimes you want them in different times, to plan for things like the walls ect. If its still super confusing I'm sorry cause I've been playing Tekken a long time so what may seem easy to me might be still hard for someone not used to it. If I had more characters to choose from I could give better and easier examples.

As far as the reversals go, a reversal is basically a counter, or you grabbing your opponents limb and hurting them when you grab it. So if you are playing paul and you input a counter ( B+2+4 ) when Bryan is kicking at you with 3,3, you will grab his lag visibly, and like twist his leg or knock him down or something. This is to prevent people from spamming predictable attacks at you, or catching their limbs and hurting them mid-string. The chicken as they call it, is a reversal of the reversal . This is harder, and complicated.

Let's assume you are playing against a Paul player who is countering you. If he is countering your 3 kick, which is your left leg, in order to reverse his counter you must hit F+1+3 immediately. Why F+1+3? The way the chicken works is its always the limb side of the controller you will be hitting to reverse it. So since Paul countered your 3 kick, which is a left leg, you must hit that button, plus Forward, plus one ( left arm ) at the same time ( which is F+1+3 ). If he countered your right kick to chicken that it would look like this: F+2+4, because 2 is his right arm, and your right kick ( 4 ) got countered. It's really hard to explain this online, that's the best I can do. It has to do with the limbs and side of the controller ( left arm and left kick side, or right arm and right kick side ), for chickens.

Tekken is full of super cool tricks and stuff, chickens are one of them you rarely see.

Here is some visual examples of what it would look like :

TEKKEN 3 - chickens - reversal escapes - YouTube

Oh and in TTTHD, the combo system is a l ittle different because there is no such thing as bounds, which came to be in T6 and beyond. So that game all you need to worry about is the launcher + tag. I do give an example juggle in that game in the current thread.

Hope this helps.

Stop looking at me swan!

Thanks, that should help for now. Going to try practicing that combo, thankfully I'm familiar with both Kazuya and Jin. I'll definitely try to become more proficient with the god fist moves, but this gives me a nice start. What typically happens with me is I can get them into the air but by time my 2nd tags in the opponent is already on the floor.

For reversals I think over time I've done these without knowing so they may not be a problem and they seem familiar from watching the video. I agree though on the reverse reversals is probably something not easily shown online since there is a lot involved in it. Going to be a lot of luck involved probably for me. I don't think I've ever seen that ever at all in my Tekken playing lifetime, I suspect this is something that a human player would do more than the computer. Doesn't help when all your friends are casual Tekken fighters too, ha.

Edit: I tried the basic part of the combo you mentioned and it worked out for me. Granted I couldn't get it every shot and I realize what I was doing wrong now. I've been tagging out too late. It's so quick that you have to do it immediately or the opponent hits the ground. Glad to say, feel like I've accomplished something.
    Last edited by Zeiharu; 11-23-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Glad I could help.

PRO Member

Yo doom dash great guide, a few things to mention, ewgf notation for Jin is f~n,d,d/f+2 (pretty much hitting d/f and 2 at the same time)not f,n,d/f+2. Also you can add that you can buffer for chickens eg you press and hold 1, opponent counters, then you quickly press f+3 (whilst still holding the 1) for it to register.

I'll be getting (and platting) this game tomorrow, good job!

O_O Almost a year or so since I saw this forum
    My website: http://azyg4lyfe.com
    Pleased to meet you all!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah I wrote the thing down incorrectly, but it was close enough to get the point across. I will fix it in the real guide, but the video I linked gave plenty of info.