View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

10 47.62%
  • Moderate

10 47.62%
  • Hard

0 0%
  • Very Hard

1 4.76%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Tomb Raider forum, part of the T; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

The Incredible Marccap

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were very easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I gave it an easy, despite the large amount of grinding to finish the the MP trophies all of the trophies are pretty easy to get.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just got it about 10 mins ago, obviously the Shopaholic was the last one earned before the Plat! I agree that the campaign trophies aren't that difficult and if a 2nd playthrough is needed for any missed trophies, Chatterbox i'm looking at you, the quality of the game doesn't make it a chore. But as most people will probably say having to grind MP so much is the hardest thing about getting the plat. It's like they threw the 3rd Prestige character unlock to keep people playing till the dlc arrives. I was lucky enough to find a few good grinding partners and get it out of the way fairly quickly. I'll give it a moderate just for the MP grind alone!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

any idea on mountain village as the location of all gps caches and relics and documents as this level is the only one that is not showing up on the pause screen all other locations i have visited have had all gps locations available so i can track them easier is it a glitch or am i missing something?????

The Incredible Marccap

Easy - No real hard trophies and now with the new 1.03 patch there is alot less grinding on the MP!! - Best TR game and well recommended

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy one - i did miss the "former adventurer" trophy and had to restart a new game to get it, and grinding to level 60 became a tedious task (although happy that i didnt have to prestige 3 times), the trophies are very easy to obtain, especially with a nice partner for the online ones.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

moderate, the multiplayer trophies are a fucking drag

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted easy on this one because there weren't any hard trophies to get. I managed to get the general without having to prestige so I saved myself a shitload of time. The single player was pretty damn good so searching for all the collectables wasn't too bad on this one. I recommend this game to anyone!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Easy: None of the trophies are hard at all. Practically all MP trophies can be boosted in a private match. Placing a custom marker on a collectible will show you its exact, I repeat, EXACT location when you activate Survival Instincts. Great game, definatly worth checking out. this is how all re-imaging of games should be

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 7 - Gold

I give this a moderate even though none of the trophies were hard. Alot of trophies are missable and even though i read the guide before i started the game i fucked up and missed chatterbox and deadeye so i had to start a new game and play till shipwreck beach to get those two trophies. But thankfully this game is fun so it wasnt too bad. Then the multiplayer grind was not too bad since it can be done in a private match leisurely at your own time.(I used the glitch to get the shopaholic trophy at lvl 60 itself. But now that is not required due to the patch) The collectibles were annoying even though it showed up on there were so many collectibles. The thing that annoyed me the most was the professional mod and upgrade all weapons i was short of 1.2k salvage after 100% the game so i had to kill dear for like 45min to gather those salvage. So overall a moderate. Amazing game and a must buy for fans of adventure games

Editorial Team

I voted moderate. The trophies are not that hard to get but you could miss some of them on your first playthrough.
    I missed the deadeye, chatterbox and Former Adventurer trophies on my first run. This made me choose for moderate because after you finish the game, there are not enough enemies to get these by using fast travel which means you have to play a big part of the game again. I didn't really mind that because I absolutely loved the game, its looks, story, action etc... are great.

As for the online trophies, not that hard either. Just takes some time. You should be fine with all of them except shopaholic having a boostingparty.

I really recommend this game to anyone who loves adventure games and the tomb raider franchise.
    People who dont play this game because of the Online trophies don't know what they're missing.

PRO Member

3. Moderate

Strictly because the MP aspect sucks. I do, however, recommend it for the story. It was really good.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just got it. I would go with moderate as well, and like people say because of the MP trophies is main reason that it gets this grade.

" Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."

Lvl 4 - Silver

I got the plat the hard meaning grind like crazy, so I'm a real player since i plat the game before the patch lol. Over all its a an easy plat just need to be careful not to miss anything if your planning on getting everything on the first run

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Singularity in a Super Massive Black Hole

I'm rating it a moderate. The trophies are easy to obtain, but unless you're following a trophy guide, know that enemies don't respawn, know what the hidden trophies are, and can put together a boosting party for the multiplayer trophies, you're guaranteeing yourself multiple playthroughs. It's not so much hard as it is tedious!
    Last edited by darkdaxter; 08-28-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Easy if you use a guide and have a boosting partner. The game is not challenging on normal and everything can even be done on easy. Collectibles are easy to reach and there are no hard climbing sequences either. One multiplayer trophy can be easily obtained due to a glitch, the others can all be boosted in private matches with at least three players. Really, nothing hard in this game.

If you go without a guide and have no boosting partners, the game is hard. While you can get all usual collectibles by finding the treasure map which is marked on your map once you purchase a certain skill, the challenges are not marked and some of them are pretty though to find. Online will be a major pain as you might have to wait thirty minutes or even longer (depending on match type) to get into a public match. Killing 20 players with the turret without boosting will be damn hard or you need to be very lucky to have only newbies around. Killing a ziplining player will maybe come sooner or later by accident but going for might take a long time and requires that other players actually use ziplines when you're nearby.

PRO Member

Easy, online can be boosted since is pretty dead and nothing to say bout the story u have retries just in the last checkpoint super easy

Legalize it...

Easy and a great game...