View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

2 28.57%
  • Moderate

4 57.14%
  • Hard

1 14.29%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD forum, part of the T; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I gave it a moderate, because most of it simple, there is just like one or two tricky parts where you need patience

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Blabelz View Post
    I gave it a moderate, because most of it simple, there is just like one or two tricky parts where you need patience
    Same for me. The only hard parts are in projective mode, with practice and patience and sometimes luck (for me anyways) youll pull it off. Also I just remembered I had trouble with the Big Head Mall trophy and 30 seconds after buzzer trophy but its still a moderate cause only a few things were hard...

Hero of Kvatch

Moderate

The only bit that was of any challenge to me was getting a couple of the trophies, but with a bit of skill and luck, I got them pretty quickly.

"War, war never changes."

Lvl 7 - Gold

Venice has that one really tricky to get piece of money. Other than that, with practice and the years of veteran status that some of us have, it is an Easy platinum.

Marseilles was also a big fork in the road too.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

The Girl Gamer

Moderate: Most of the hard parts are in Projective Mode, but like everyone has said, have patience and keep on trying. Only part I had trouble was getting the 8 Skateboards in Downhill Jam and getting 400,000 points in Downhill Jam. The rest was easy. I have played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater before on the PS1, so it wasn't hard for me.

Lvl 8 - Gold

i was torn between Hard and Very Hard because i can rack up big points... if you give me time. im not good keeping long combos, so the sickest scores were a massive rage pain in the ass, a couple other projectives were a bit difficult. and the pellets... i got it on my first try, each pellet bubble had no number in it and the game said all pellets collected, yet no trophy popped. i had to take another 4 hours and a million more tries just to get it again.

for anyone who is great at keeping combos and finding/holding lines this game is more of a 2, maybe 2.5 for you. but for someone like me who cant really hold a combo even if im on a fantastic line, id say this game is more of a 4, maybe 4.5

Lvl 4 - Silver

Easy.

I did play THPS1-3 though back on playstation 1 so I didn't have to learn the basics of the game. The most difficult things were going through the mall 3 times in Big Head Survival, getting the Combo in Hangar and the skateboards in Downhill Jam. But honestly if you take yourself 30-60 minutes to focus on a specific goal you should be able to get it. The scores were the easiest part for me. I didn't use much logic when I played THPS on playstation 1 many years ago but now as I'm going after trophies I try to use the most efficient approach and what obviously gets you high scores in THPS is getting a good base score and then as many multipliers as possible, thus just get your special meter up and find a good point to grind, then do a special grind till you have a score of 10k to 25k and just jump off and do as many flips and manuals as you can.

Definitely a fun game that reminds me on the good old days and while it has some minor flaws it was absolutely worth the 7.50 euros I paid for it.

I am Limitless

Is it easy for people who haven't played TH since American Wasteland?