Can't play SKATE online?

This is a discussion on Can't play SKATE online? within the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD forum, part of the T; A buddy of mine recently got a ps3 for a couple games and found this on PSN, after telling me ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Can't play SKATE online?

A buddy of mine recently got a ps3 for a couple games and found this on PSN, after telling me I had to get it. So before I even had the game there was some back and forth banter about who was better and I promised him I could beat him in SKATE but to my dismay this isn't an option in online play!? Am I missing something or did Activision miss something by omitting this mode from online play?

Death is Awaiting....

Their isn't an online option for the game..

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 4 - Silver

lol Skate is an EA/Black Box series, and Skate 3 has really good online but Skate 1 didn't have online and Skate 2 the online was taken down recently. Get SKATE 3 it's the best in the series.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

No I'm talking about the player vs player game mode 'S-K-A-T-E' that used to be on THPS, just like 'H-O-R-S-E' is for basketball...that was my favorite mode and they took it out of this version, granted they have free skate and graffiti but their nothing like SKATE was.

Lvl 4 - Silver

oh lol sorry when I saw this post I didn't see what game it was for haha... *feels dumb* but yeah I know they took out the 2 player modes in this iteration of THPS but I'm hoping it'll return with some future DLC - guess we'll have to see. Could be worse, the PC version will have no online or mp at all.