View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

1 6.67%
  • 2 - Easy

9 60.00%
  • 3 - Moderate

5 33.33%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Trine forum, part of the T; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Team Dingleberry

I voted Moderate, only because the "Better Than Developers" trophy can be pretty frustrating. Once you have all the upgrades, your Very Hard playthrough isn't difficult at all.

Royal Flush X2

3 Moderate Would of been a very easy but Better than Developers is hard as it will take many tries but what makes it harder is that the game even on very hard is still very easy then when it's the last level, bamm this hard trophy throws you off.

2011 Member of the Year

Easy.
    There were a few challenging trophies, but nothing too hard.

Negator

Voted 2/5 - all those pretty colors seemed to mock me while I attempted the Tower without dying.

PRO Member

Easy, Would of been a very easy but Better than Developers is quite a challenge

MK Plat = Overrated

I haven't voted yet because I don't have the plat. This is not an easy game. I always play games on the first play through on hard. I'm starting to regret doing that on this game. For a PSN download, it's much more difficult than expected. Trying to get all of the collectables without the guide (another thing I do on first play throughs) is proving difficult as well. There are some levels that I have missed experience on that I can't even see how or possibly where.

Good stuff. Fun game too. By the way, I downloaded this game because I saw a preview of part two which is coming out tomorrow.

MK Plat = Overrated

That was a tougher game than I expected. Maybe because the last platform game I played was Rocketbirds which was much more action orientated rather than puzzle. The game it's self was not that difficult, but the trophies... Ugh. Those collectable trophies along with the tower challenge drove me nuts. Game was awesome though.

Overall, I would say that Trine was harder to plat than any of the GoW games. That is why I'm voting it:

3 - Moderate

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate. Didn't get all of them ATM. Glitchy but a very fantastic game to have, surprised it was so cheap.
    Should throw this out there tho to people getting it - IF YOU WANT the plat. (which i didn't care for after two runs) DO NOT update the game to current version... the new patch GLITCHES the treasure trophy. Everything else was fine when i finished the game with the update, got all the exp. trophies and opened all treasure chests, BUT the treasures do not register as opened/found in the level select menu, annnnnnd you don't get your treasure hunter award. So if you already did this with the update, you must delete the game and download/install again without updating and get the treasures on a new run through for that one trophy.

PRO Member

Moderate. For the most part the game is very easy. As others have stated before me the Better than Developers trophy is what makes this a moderate difficulty.

Very fun psn game that i do recommend.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

PRO Member

2 - Easy. Most of trophies are straightforward, but I found this game seriously boring and because of this, it took me a while to complete it. The most difficult trophy is Better Than Developers! which was completely annoying but after watching a few videos and memorising the route, you'll eventually get it.

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

PRO Member

2-EasyThe only real challenging trophy is Better Than Developers! and after figuring out the right ways to go even it isn't to bad.I did encounter the glitch where the treasures don't register and had to play through the game again.But I enjoyed the game so much it really wasn't a problem for me.There's no online trophies in the game.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

PRO Member

Easy. The
    Better Than Developers trophy was the only real challenge, and I think I had it beat after an hour or two.

Change is mediocre

3 Moderate because of the Better than Developers trophy, took me about 2 hours to get it. And the 2 playthroughs isn't that great.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Easy. There wasn't anything too difficult about this game. I managed to get the Better than Developers trophy in like 5 attempts so that wasn't too bad. Treasure Hunter was the biggest pain for me because the game glitched so I had to delete everything and start another playthrough just for those secret treasures. Other than that, I thought this was a great game.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Huge Gaming Backlog

Very Easy: I only bought the game for my nephew to play. He got most of the trophies by himself. All I had to get was the very hard and better than the developers trophies. I give it a 5/10.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Lvl 5 - Silver

i vote easy is not a hard plat