Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

nauGie's Totally Terrific Trophy Guides

This is a discussion on nauGie's Totally Terrific Trophy Guides within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Banner by cmgravekeeper Hey everyone! This is actually no trophy checklist but a directory of my trophy guides. I wanted ...

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

nauGie's Totally Terrific Trophy Guides

Banner by cmgravekeeper

Hey everyone! This is actually no trophy checklist but a directory of my trophy guides. I wanted to put links to my guides into my sig, but all the links taken together were too much text, so I decided to create a thread.

Maybe this thing will grow into a real checklist one of these days... knowing myself and my laziness I doubt it though. Anyway, here we go, my guides in order of creation. Click on the respective banner to get to the guide. It's like magic!

Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time
    This was my first guide ever and I'm still really proud of it . I am a huge fan of the Prince of Persia games, I already played the trilogy on the PS2 and even got the re-releases for the PSP. The EU got the PoP HD collection much earlier than NA, and we got it on disc instead as a n00bish PSN download. Why they decided not to release a disc version in NA is completely beyond me, but so are many things Ubisoft does... Anyway, when I got the game I noticed that there had not been a trophy guide for it yet, so I thought I might as well try to write one.

Prince of Persia - Warrior Within
    When I was finished with SoT I noticed that nobody had called Warrior Within. Writing my first guide really had been fun, so I decided to give it another shot.

Prince of Persia - The Two Thrones
    Now I wanted to got for the trifecta. I finished Warrior Within as quickly as possible and hoped nobody else would call The Two Thrones before me. I was lucky, it was close though. The Two Thrones is definitely my favourite game of the trilogy and I'm happy I was able to write the guide for it.

VANQUISH
    Our Vanquish guide was full of missing or even false information and I was forced to use the guide on .org for that game. Using .org sucks, so I asked connman88 if he wanted to co-op challenge that guide. He agreed, our challenge went through and I think we delivered a pretty 1337 product. Of course a detailed guide for the infamous challenge six is the most important thing about a Vanquish trophy guide. Bodigard and Kevinnummer1 helped with that, and the result was the best guide for challenge six on the whole world wide web. The downside is that the Vanquish plat isn't as 1337 as it used to be, anyone can get it with Kev's brilliant tutorial video.

Tomb Raider: Legend
    My first major guide! Well, not much of an achievement really, since I was the only one who called it. DaveyHasselhoff and Compalicious wrote the guide for the other Tomb Raider HD remake (Anniversary), so I was up against two really 1337 guide writers. Davey's and Comp's guide is better than my one, it's much more detailed. Still, I think my guide is not too bad either.

Shadows of the Damned
    This is probably THE most underestimated game in 2011. Bodi noticed that the guide for this had not been called 2 days before its release date and he asked me in the CB if I wanted to call it. I really have to thank him for that, if it hadn't been for him I would have missed that little gem of a game like so many others. It's a third person shooter with an unique humour and awesome boss fights. It plays a little bit like RE5, only WAY better. You can walk while shooting
    If you are not sure whether you should get the game check the spoiler box below, I put together a little teaser trailer

Toggle Spoiler

Alien Breed 2: Assault
    I just wanted to help with the list of games without a guide. I found this game pretty cheap on the PSN store. € 6.99 for a game with a is a good deal imo - I just payed $ 20 for Resident Evil 4, which has only 12 trophies and no AB2 is actually pretty good. It's a top down shooter, a little bit like Dead Nation... just Aliens instead of zombies. Oh, this is also the first guide which features my own videos.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD
    For some reason Europe got this game over a month before the official release date as psn download. Does anyone understand Sony? I mean, why? And why only Europe. Anyway, I had never played a Splinter Cell game before, but I heard a lot of good things about them, and I thought it would be nice if we had the guide early, so I called the game. I made videos for almost every level, which was A LOT of work! But I think it was worth it. The videos are becoming more and more popular on youtube, and some people even found the site by using the videos, and not the videos by using the site.

Resident Evil 4
    When I called that guide only the achievements list was out so I was still hoping for a different trophy list (highly unlikely, I know...). I was SURE the game would get a plat though, as the xbox achievements were worth 1,000 GS points. Well, it seems I underestimated the n00bishness of Capcom. $20 for a game with only 12 trophies and no plat? I think I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't called the guide. However, I tried to make the most out of this 12 trophies. The guide is very detailed and it has got videos for every boss battle.

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut
    I saw this game and I was like gimme gimme gimme even though I had never played it on the Wii. It's really one of the best games for the Move (which tells a lot about the line-up for our fancy hardware...) The plat turned out to be quite a bitch, I'm still working on it, because my next guide started right after this one was due....

The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim
    A huuuuge game need a huuuuge guide. I was pretty happy that bodigard agreed to coop that guide with me. While 'another site' might have had their guide up a bit earlier the guide on our site does not contain tons of false info

Trine 2
    When oscar called that guide and I asked him if he would like to coop it with me we thought the game would have at least 30 trophies... just like Trine 1. Turned out we were wrong, the devs decided to make this the most whorish game ever (trophy wise). We tried to make the best out of it. Oscar wrote most of the guide, while I provided the roadmap and a lot of videos.

The Darkness II
    After our Vanquish challenge connman88 and I were looking for another guide to co-op. We couldn't find anything decent though, until one day I came up with The Darkness II. Knowing conn is a FPS nerd I thought he'd love it. He never played The Darkness I, but I linked him some videos and trailers which obviously convinced him. Like with Vanquish it was a pleasure to work with conn and I think we came up with a pretty decent guide.

Silent Hill: Downpour
    Dude was I looking forward to this guide. I played the very first Silent Hill on the and I have been a huge fan ever since. I didn't really like Silent Hill Homecoming too much, and when I heard that those Vatra guys wanted to go back to the roots I was all . I even had to import the game in order to be able to call the guide. So was it worth it? Imho yeah. The game has got a lot of technical issues, Homecoming was better in that respect. However, Downpour feels a lot more like a Silent Hill game in comparison to Homecoming (do you remember that scene with the drill in Homecoming? That shit was Saw, not Silent Hill... n00bs didn't understand what subtle horror means...).
    I coop'ed this guide with site legend NeroRadec707 and I really can say it was a pleasure working with him. Oh, and in case you wondered who is responsible for this terrific trophy guide banner, this piece of art was done by Prosthetic.

Silent Hill 2 HD
    One of the best games ever made. Period. They screwed up the HD version a bit, somehow made it possible for a PS2 game to have framerate issues on PS3 and n00bBox360. Wonder how they managed to do this.... Anyway, it's still a great game and they made it a fucking leet plat . I'd rate it a 8/10 in difficulty. A lot of people said 9/10 but come on, you should know that game after 5 playthroughs. I recorded my whole 10 star run and included it in the guide, so the plat should be possible for everyone now. Thanks for the sweet banner to apokolypz

Silent Hill 3 HD
    I didn't really have time to write another guide right after SH2, as I had a lot of important RL shit going on lately. However, when still nobody had called this game after I was done with SH2 I somehow felt obliged to write it. A site devoted to trophy guides which doesn't have a guide for a game like Silent Hill 3? Not while I'm around! Thank god this plat is nowhere near as hard as Silent Hill 2. It's actually real fun and you can obtain it in about 10 hours... if the n00bishly ported game doesn't freeze on you that is . Oh, if you were wondering who's responsible for this awesome Trophy Guide banner: Fox helped me out with this one.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    Right after I finally got my VITA I wanted to write my first VITA guide. However, all the good guides were already taken, except for this one. So I went for it

Resident Evil 6
    Actually this was supposed to be a coop guide with good ol Nero. However, Nero had to drop this guide for a couple of reasons so I wrote it solo. I think it's my best guide so far. And it's gonna be my first solo guide with 100k views!

Silent Hill: Book of Memories
    I didn't really want to call this game, but there was my Silent Hill guide monopoly to consider. I had a hard time finishing this guide. I need a break. :stare: Credit for the sweet banner goes to dsluckay.

The Cave
    My first non-platinum guide! The Cave is the latest Ron Gilbert game. You need to be in your late 20s at least to know who Ron Gilbert is. I really enjoyed the game and its humour, even if it got a bit boring towards the end (6 playthroughs ). The trophies are really easy, the hardest part was finding out what you were actually supposed to do.
    P.S.: Sorry for the ugly banner - I did this...

Last edited by nauGie; 02-06-2013 at 06:18 PM.

UPDATE: I added descriptions to every trophy guide, now the checklist is in the same conditions as it was before the site went down.

UPDATE: added my latest guide, RE 4

Big Boss

Vanquish trophy guide was 1337 right?

09:59:02 Altered Formula: Yeah Connie's great, If I had the power, I would bestow a 1000 orgasms upon him.

Yeah, that's a guide to be proud of conn

Hope we can coop another guide anytime soon!

Lvl 9 - Gold

you guides are really helpful thx mate

*insert Latin phrase*

Yeah, I used that Tomb Raider Legend one a few times. Or a lot...

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Trophy Guide Kitten

I really like this idea nauGie, very different but very creative,
    K? Thanks

PRO Member

The downside is that the Vanquish plat isn't as 1337 as it used to be, anyone can get it with Kev's brilliant tutorial video.
    I need to stop sharing my eliteness where I work so hard for

Nothing is Implattable, the word itself says I'm plattable.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    you guides are really helpful thx mate
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalman123 View Post
    Yeah, I used that Tomb Raider Legend one a few times. Or a lot...
    Thanks for using my guides

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious View Post
    I really like this idea nauGie, very different but very creative,
    Thank you compa! At first I wasn't sure if this was a good idea, but I got a lot of positive feedback when I first posted this thread on the 'old' site so I decided to start it over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinnummer1 View Post
    I need to stop sharing my eliteness where I work so hard for
    You are working hard for it? I thought it was in your blood...

Whoa! This thread was in need of a serious update. Added The House of the Dead, Skyrim and Trine 2.

Retired TGT Member

nice update for a cool list my friend

Trophy Guide Kitten

I still really love this idea. It's so different and original. Well put together and detailed like a guide
    K? Thanks

RPG Master

Well done on your guide checklist Naugie. I have to admit, it takes a lot of skill to pull off a guide list and you did it flawlessly.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Change is mediocre

Just read through the entire thing, and you've got a great list

Yankees And Packers <3

this is a very neat idea ohh and your guides are great

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I read what you said before about writing the RT members writing intros for your guides and submitting a review link. I could help you out with your guide intros, especially Vanquish and Skyrim since I did the reviews for both.

Other than that: great guides so far. Your Vanquish one is the best by far though.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Ive used several of these guides and they are very thorough and trophys are explained in great detail.awesome work man,keep it up and thanks for the guides.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I read what you said before about writing the RT members writing intros for your guides and submitting a review link. I could help you out with your guide intros, especially Vanquish and Skyrim since I did the reviews for both.

Other than that: great guides so far. Your Vanquish one is the best by far though.
    Yeah, intros for Vanquish and Skyrim would be awsome. Oh, and thanks everybody for the kind words.

**UPDATE** latest guide added: The Darkness II co-op with connman88

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast