Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vulgar's Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy

This is a discussion on Vulgar's Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Vulgar's Wretched Hive Of Scum And Villainy (Pop culture references r kewl) Insert banner here " Down through the centuries, ...

дурак

(Pop culture references r kewl)
    Insert banner here

"Down through the centuries, the notion that life is wrapped in a dream, has been a pervasive theme of philosophers and poets. So doesn't it make sense that death, too, would be wrapped in dream? That, after death, your conscious life would continue, in what might be called, "a dream body"? It would be the same dream body you experience in your everyday dream life. Except that in the post-mortal state, you could never again wake up, never again return to your physical body."

My Youtube Channel

List of Guides I have written:
    Doom 3 BFG Edition

Borderlands 2 - Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage DLC

DOOM Classic Complete

Hitman: Blood Money

Terraria (Main author)

Fuse

Payday 2 (Co-author)

About Me:
    Hello there, my name is Nick, I'm 21 years old. I work nights at Walmat as Maintenance (Janitor basically). My game time lately has been cut down dramatically, but I still love trophy hunting. I might not get as many trophies as I used to, but I'll still be hunting. I tend to hunt trophies for games that interest me. Very rarely am I disappointed with a game. I do enjoy a challenge. However I will at times break from the frustration and try to find easier ways to obtain trophies (Besides hacking, because that would make ALL my efforts from than on pointless). My favorite games are Fallout 3, Dead Space, and Bioshock. The holy trinity of gaming for me. As far as my personality goes, I'm very eccentric. When you really get to know me, I'm a very strange person to talk to. I like laughing, so I like finding ways to make social interactions or gaming in general very amusing. In all honesty, I'm kind of pessimistic on the surface, but if you can get past that wall, I'm a pretty decent person. But who cares about that, here are my platinums.

________________________________________________________________________________

Platinums:

Call Of Duty: World At War

Earned on July 1st, 2010 6:26 am
    Platinum difficulty: 8/10
    Trophy hunting enjoyment: 6/10

I gotta say, this game wasn't really bought for trophies. When I first got this game, It was because it was a fun game to play. A good friend of mine than got me into trophy hunting, so I decided this might be fun to Platinum. While it was fun for awhile, once I started the game on Veteran, the fun ended. It wasn't hard but fair, it was downright cheap at times. The platinum image should be a rainfall of grenades, because apparently German and Japanese infantry have a warehouse of grenades at their disposal at all times. Other than that, it just takes some luck in a few spots and some good tactical choices. This is game is probably the reason why I try to Platinum some fairly difficult games. 100%'ing this game however might not be in the cards for me, I don't feel like paying for Zombie map packs and whatnot. It would be a nice achievement though :/

Fallout 3

Earned on August 22nd, 2010 3:49 am
    Platinum difficulty: 6/10
    Trophy hunting enjoyment: 9/10

The same friend who turned me into a trophy hunter recommended this game to me, I praise that invisible spaghetti monster in the sky every day because of it. Seriously, there aren't that many games that leave such a huge impression on me. Whether it was sneaking through a super mutant infested vault, exploring underground subway tunnels, or blowing up the first town you see out of pure greed, it was always fun. The trophies are pretty straightforward, nothing really tough here. I did buy the GOTY edition, so freezing and frame rate chugs were fairly common, it's the reason why I gave it a 9/10 for trophy hunting enjoyment. Just like my friend who turned me on to the game, I recommend this masterpiece to anyone and everyone who enjoys gaming in general. At least give a shot, it's pretty cheap these days.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

November 1st, 2010 8:08 am
    Platinum difficulty: 7/10

I got to be honest, I don't see the hype around these games. I mean I get some of the appeal, but it isn't as great to me as others claim it is. It just sort of sounds like people like it because it's a PS3 exclusive and it's "pretty". But the way I look at it, exclusives hold nothing extra as far as enjoyment goes solely because no other system has it. Now this is one of my Platinum's that I'm not particularly proud of. I did use tweaks to get through Crushing. After playing on Normal I didn't really want play on Hard just to unlock Crushing. I feel it's a stupid practice to have higher difficulties unlock like this does. I did have fun playing the game the first time through though, bear that in mind.

Fallout: New Vegas

November 16th, 2010 6:52 am
    Platinum difficulty: 4/10

Seeing as how I loved Fallout 3 with an intense passion, it's no wonder I went after this Platinum. I bought the collectors edition, which was like $20 extra and it was worth having all the little trinkets, and the making of DVD. Anyway, I can't give my true opinion of the game yet till I finish the Lonesome Road DLC. But what I can say is the game is amazing. It did lack that feeling of exploration that Fallout 3 had, which is kind of a bummer. Or maybe I haven't explored everything I could have, but it did feel like there wasn't much to do after you beat the game. Trophy wise, it's very easy. Some trophies just take a little time. The only one that was a tad annoying, was beating the game on Hard Core, and that's only because of the final boss. But there is an easy way to get past that, so it's very easy if you know what you are doing. I recommend this to anyone who loved Fallout 3, hands down.

Borderlands

Earned December 8th, 2010 9:46 pm
    Trophy hunting enjoyment: 8/10

Ahh Borderlands, I have a strange relationship with this game. I don't know what it is, but this game gives me a weird feeling. It's like it's in a genre of it's own. I'm not saying it's THAT good of a game that it deserves it's own sub genre, but it just feels strange to play. I have to admit I sort of goofed doing the trophies legit. I was invited to a party of friends when I started playing and one of them gave me a hacked shield. I didn't know what it was at the time so I just played along. Halfway through my solo playthrough I noticed my health never went down. I found this quite odd. So I had more knowledge about the game, I realized my shield never depletes. I promptly took it off and continued from there on. So personally this easy Platinum is sort of tainted for me :/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Earned December 9th, 2010 5:33 pm
    Trophy hunting enjoyment: 7/10

This game has one of the funnest MP's I've ever played. I haven't picked it up very much since I moved, but I have such fond memories. And I have some gripes with it... *cough*bushwookiesnipers*cough* >_>. Anyhow, trophy wise it's pretty straightforward, the only real problem you'd run into is the MP trophies, especially Demolition Man. I tried doing them without boosting with little to no luck after about a week. As of a month or two ago, I have gotten 100% in this game. Once BF3 comes out, I'll probably trade BBC2 in.

Call Of Duty Classic

Earned December 12th 2010, 3:37 pm
    Platinum difficulty: 9.5/10

I have never raged so hard at a game in my life. I'm serious, this game on Veteran is insanity. No health packs, no health regen, 2-3 shots means death, no checkpoints unless you have above 50% health. It's brutal. If you have this Platinum, you deserve any super model of your choice covered in any condiment of your choice, you sure as shit earned it. No but seriously, the only thing that made this easier was the amazing video walkthrough by Trout that outlines all the places where enemies spawn and pop out. Enemies are like on rails and whatnot, so it makes it a tad bit easier. Plus you have auto-aim to help you. Still it's no walk in the park. But once you beat it on Veteran, breath a sigh of relief, it's easy after that is all finished. Difficulty trophies don't stack unfortunately, so you'll have to play it 3 times (I think) at least.

Dante's Inferno

Earned December 23rd 2010, 5:40 pm
    Platinum difficulty: 3/10

This game interested me story-wise for the most part. When it came to the gameplay, all I ever heard was "It's a God Of War ripoff". Which is funny since God Of War's gameplay was never original itself. It IS similar, but it's not God Of War, if it were, I would have hated it. Anyway, the trophies were a breeze and a nice game to end the year with. I have all the DLC, so 100%'ing is a definite thing. I just need to sit down one of these days and just finish it up.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Earned February 7th 2011, 5:36 pm
    Trophy hunting enjoyment: 5/10

Honestly I bought this game because I had friends who wanted to play it with me. Most of my friends are Naruto fans, and at the time, so was I. Since than, not so much. I will say, this game was really fun when you play it with a buddy. But once you play online, it becomes your worst nightmare. The trophies are easy for the most part. But I have it a 8 out of 10 difficulty, why would I do that? Purely for the fact that every ranked match I went into, I was fighting the cheapest people on the face of the earth. It was Deidara spamming all day long, and all I wanted was 50 wins. I had to boost this, which in itself is difficult. But me and a user named LINK-KUN helped each other out. Without him, I would not have this Platinum. I was also assisted by another user named Mezzelfo (so props to them). If you are a hardcore fan, go ahead and buy it. If you like fighting games and are interested, shield your eyes and run away.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Earned February 27th, 2011, 1:41 pm

I have a confession to make, I have never played an Assassin's Creed game besides this one. I will say though, that because of this game, I will be buying ACII here in a week to play what I heard is an amazing game. The trophies are fairly easy when it comes to the single player, however once you start the MP ones, it get's to be a bit much. Reaching Rank 50 legit is ridiculous, especially seeing as how the multiplayer was shite. Hell, boosting it took a full day and a half to finish. The rest of the MP trophies take some planning, but that's about it.

Dead Space

Earned March 25th 2011, 4:32 am

Ahhhhh the game that truly popped my horror game cherry. Yep, this is the first horror game I completed to this degree. It took me forever to get through the first 4 or 5 chapters. But once I did, I was on a roll. The trophies are very fun to go for and are fairly straightforward. The only trophy that might make you rage is Don't Get Cocky, Kid. Thanks to Redcell and BDKSimba, I was able to finally grab that trophy. The hardest difficulty isn't really all that hard, it's just a game of inventory management at that point.

Dragon Age: Origins

Earned April 2nd 2011, 10:41 pm

To be honest I got this game at Gamestop because when I cancelled a few pre-order I basically took all of the money from the register just getting my money back on the games. So to help him out I looked around for a $40 game. I came across this, I saw all the content that the Ultimate Edition came with and decided to buy it. The game is one the better RPG's I've plated lately. It also brought us the hottest video game character ever, Morrigan . The trophies are pretty simple aside from Blightqueller and Traveler. Those two were a pain in the ass, other than that, it's a walk in the park.

Bioshock

Earned April 10th 2011, 5:43 pm
    Platinum difficulty: 5/10

I didn't want to attempt the Platinum in this game, because all I ever heard was Survivor without Vita-Chambers was very hard. Much to my surprise, they were wrong. It's kind of tough at first, but once you get the Natural Camouflage tonic, it's game over for Bioshock. Hell I used my wrench for half the damn game, saving ammo for Big Daddies and whatnot. If you think you won't be able to beat it because it's so hard, try it, you'll be surprised how exaggerated the difficulty is. Still the trophies were fairly simple, except for getting all of the audio diaries, tonics, and inventing 100 items. It just takes some time and careful planning.

Portal 2

Earned May 25th 2011, 9:02 pm

This game is one that I nearly cancelled my Pre-order for. Glad I didn't really. I previously had played Portal for PC and loved it to death, except for the fact that it's very short. This game was a great improvement over it's predecessor, much longer single player. The addition of co-op was an awesome idea and it was executed nicely. The trophies are pretty simple except for a few. The co-op trophies can be a bitch if you or your partner aren't very good. Luckily I had a few very good players help me achieve them. We even got Still Alive on our first attempt, like a boss.

Red Dead Redemption

Earned June 12th 2011, 3:22 am
    Platinum difficulty: 7:10

Me and this game have a strange relationship. I LOVE this game, but if you asked me why my response would be "lol Idk". It's an insanely fun and addicting game with a story Rockstar Games are known for. I have never cried at the credits of a game, and I didn't this time. But manly sobbing did take place... Fuck you. Anyway the trophies can be a little annoying, especially five finger filet. I HATE five finger filet. Now I want to boast and beat my chest in pride since I did the XP grinding without deleting the patch. Which by the way, takes FOREVER. It took me 4 days of nonstop play (Minus sleep and bathroom time). But in the end, it was worth it. It was also the first game I recorded the Platinum for, which you can watch the video below:

Toggle Spoiler

Dead Space 2

Earned June 20th 2011, 9:31 pm
    Platinum difficulty: 9/10

This game... This goddamn game. I love it, but once I started my Hard Core run, I hated it. With a passion that could only be quelled by furious chain smoking. I shit you not, Hard Core is no joke. It's the only time a game has made me depressed from just playing it. If you asked me to beat Hard Core again, I probably couldn't. I beat it by sheer dumb luck. I was actually playing the game and studying enemy spawns and behavior when I got farther than I ever have. I took no real notice to it, till I got to the final boss. Which was easy as balls. After Hard Core was done I promptly took the Hand Cannon to Zealot difficulty and wrecked them Necromorphs. The other trophies are not very challenging, it's just Hard To The Core that will cause fits. This is the second game that I recorded the Platinum for, which you can watch below:

Toggle Spoiler

Infamous

Earned June 30th 2011, 6:54 pm

If you remember back in April we had that little network outage. Well this is one of those game I got with the Welcome Back Package. I was thinking of buying it but it turns out I didn't have to. I enjoyed playing this game, it's strangely relaxing. It's not very hard on it's highest difficulty till you fight Kessler, than it can get to be a pain in the ass. The Blast Shards took two days to find and so I searched while listening to videos on Youtube with a map on another tab. Third game I have a Platinum video for:

Toggle Spoiler

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Earned December 16th 2011, 10:19am
    Platinum Difficulty: 6/10
    Trophy Hunting Enjoyment: 7/10

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has been a game that many were looking forward to. And it did not disappoint many. This game immersed me so much, I would light a new cigarette and I would forget it's there. I was so wrapped up in the game, it felt like this is how I would be if I were in this game world. It got a bit annoying once your save file gets too big, but other than that, I have no complaints. The trophies are fairly straightforward and pretty time consuming. It took me nearly 180 hours. Nothing is hard to achieve, it just takes patience. If you like Fallout and anything Bethesda makes, pick this game up, you won't regret it. This is also the 4th video I've made a video for, and you can watch it below:

Toggle Spoiler

Dark Souls

Earned January 27th, 2012 3:54pm
    Platinum difficulty: 9/10

I have accomplished something I never thought I could. I achieved more than I ever thought was possible with trophies. You have no idea how good it feels to have the Platinum for a game, that's slogan is "Prepare to die". And I did die, over and over and over and over again. This game has actually changed my views on many things that don't also have to do with gaming. These days, I'm more patient, I try to be methodical, and I never given in anymore. This game has consumed me, much more than Skyrim did (Not saying it's a lesser game, but Dark Souls overtook me more than Skyrim did). I spent almost every waking minute thinking about this game. While I was at work, while I was shopping for groceries, hell I even had a dream about it. That's how good this game is, it is truly a masterpiece in this day and age or rehashes and reboots. Even as I type this, I'm saddened that I can't type more about it. I reccomend this game to a fair number of people. If you get irritated easily, if you enjoy games that hold your hand, if you enjoy just getting a slap on the wrist for failure, get the fuck out. When it comes to this game, you will either love it as I did. Or it will be the bane of your existance in this life and the next. I would like to thank Nero, Hitman and JackAttack for making this Platinum a possibility. Both to Nero and Hitman for writing the excellent guide and to JackAttack for helping me get through one of the toughest fights in the game. I'd also like to add another thank you to Hitman again, for cutting down my 3rd playthrough considerably. I have recorded a video of the Paltinum popping, which you can watch below.

Toggle Spoiler

Demon's Souls

Earned May 15th, 2012

Not much I can say about this game. For me, it was harder than Dark Souls in some spots. I came in REALLY late to the series so I never got to experience the game at it's finest, which is rather sad. However I will say, that this game is awesome. It took me awhile to get into, but once you do, you're hooked. The trophies can be fairly annoying, especially the upgrade trophies. But with time running out and the servers closing down, I decided to boost what little I had left. Make no mistake though, there are 2 more versions I can Platinum, and I will do so, without boosting. I owe it to all the old Demon's Souls fans. I'd like to thank a few people, without them I would never have gotten this Platinum so soon. I'd like thank NeroRadec707, and Hitman. These guys are awesome, kind and very helpful. I'd like to also thank stupot00 for offering to help (we never got together to boost, but him offering is very kind). Lastly I recorded the Platinum popping, which you can watch below, and I promise, it will be the last video with shitty quality:

Toggle Spoiler

The Darkness II

Earned July 16th, 2012

There isn't much to say about this game. I decided to buy it one day, after playing the demo. I tried to play the first game, but I had some trouble. No clue why. Anyhow, the game is insanely fun but pretty easy. Most of the trophies are hard to miss. One thing I would advise is to get the Relics on your first playthrough, it saves a bit of trouble. Another thing is that the hardest difficulty is super easy, not much of a challenge. Overall I enjoyed the game, even if it is REALLY short. It also has one of the hottest video game characters (Besides Morrigan from Dragon Age Origins), Jenny . Below is a video of me obtaining the platinum, and this time it is in HD. Just skip to like 9:20, the rest is just a boring Hit List mission.

Toggle Spoiler

Borderlands 2

Earned October 8th, 2012

One of my favorite co-op games returns with Borderlands 2, an amazing sequel to an amazing game. This game is such an improvement over it's predecessor, it has mostly fixed all flaws the first game had, and has improved upon it's strengths. The story is improved, the characters are more interesting, the sidequests aren't insanely repetitive, and we have more shit to loot. After getting the Platinum for this game, I will continue to play it with friends for quite a while. Trophy wise, this game is not very hard. It WILL be mildly time consuming, but in no way should you yell at the top of your lungs at any given point, unless you are screaming in pure joy and idiotic fun. This is my 2012 Game Of The Year, and it should be yours too. Below I have recorded a video of the Platinum popping:

Toggle Spoiler

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Earned November 28th, 2012

I had never played a Counter Strike game in my entire life, so when I heard this coming out I was inclined to buy it. This game is so much more fun than most online shooters, surprisingly. It just feels right, and it is very simple, no bullshit in between. The trophies are rather easy besides one or two, but other than that, you can get most (if not all) in a bots game. Overall, I should have had this Platinum ages ago, but I was unaware that one trophy could be done offline. Below is a video of the Platinum popping.

Toggle Spoiler

Alice: Madness Returns

[i]Earned August 9th, 2013[i/]
    Platinum difficulty 4/10
    Trophy hunting enjoyment 9/10

Alice: Madness Returns was one of those games that went on sale and I was curious about. I find the whole Alice In Wonderland story fascinating, so this seemed like a good choice for me. What I played was an unexpected gem that is highly overlooked. It's a fun platformer with an actually interesting story. The combat, while somewhat shallow, is rather fun for what it is. The collectables were great, as they were extra bits of story that enhances your experience. The aesthetic at times isn't always to my liking, but it's a really good game. One that I have recommended to my friends and one that I recommend here. Below is a video of the Platinum popping.

Toggle Spoiler

________________________________________________________________________________

Currently Playing & Progress:

Last edited by Vulgar; 12-28-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Wow, I can't believe nobody's posted here yet. I want to see it finished, and keep it up.

Retired

Wow! Thanks for bumping Kerwan, the guy deserves the bump.

Change is good

Damn, you have a lot of difficult plats in there

дурак

LOL I completely forgot about this. Well I guess I know what I'm doing for the next couple hours xD.

EDIT: There, it's done for the most part. Let me know if there is anything you guys would like to see. Also I appreciate any constructive criticism having to do with my checklist or any Platinums I have.
    Last edited by Vulgar; 12-08-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by undrey View Post
    Wow! Thanks for bumping Kerwan, the guy deserves the bump.
    Agreed. You have lot of good plats there man, keep it up .

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Regional Manager of War

Great name for a checklist, also some nice plats to go with it, Hope to see some new plats soon

дурак

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'll be adding little things here and there every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Great name for a checklist, also some nice plats to go with it, Hope to see some new plats soon
    Actually I plan on getting one more Platinum before the end of the year. I'm pretty close to it as well. I'll update with a video when I get it. Shouldn't be more than a week.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

I'm also working on Dead Space 2 and I completely agree with what you said. I fucking hate that mode, but love the game.

Yankees And Packers <3

great plats good luck on furture plats

PRO Member

You have some nice plats there. Some I am considering going for my self. COD classic, COD W@W and DS2.

Good luck with future gameing.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    I'm also working on Dead Space 2 and I completely agree with what you said. I fucking hate that mode, but love the game.
    You can do it, Kerwan. If you can get the Vanquish plat (Hats off to you for that one by the way), you can definitely make it through the nightmare that is Hard Core mode.

PRO Member

Wow you are a serious trophy hunter. You have some of the hardest plats congrats man keep up the good work

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    You can do it, Kerwan. If you can get the Vanquish plat (Hats off to you for that one by the way), you can definitely make it through the nightmare that is Hard Core mode.
    Thanks. A lot of people are telling me that. I'll try...

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Thanks. A lot of people are telling me that. I'll try...
    If you can get to Chapter 13, than it's alot easier. Half the time you can run through rooms without fighting or taking damage. It's just when the Ubermorph appears that it gets hairy. You can do it dude, it just takes time.

Looks like Skyrim will be my next plat, just need to get to level 50 and after that it's smooth sailing.

Btw: lol @ the thread rating. So much for that persons constructive criticism (whoever they may be) xD.

Nope, nothing

Nice CL you got going on Nick

Some good platinums as well, keep it up.

Oh and looks like some ass has rated this a 1 star I will rate it up for you.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Nice CL you got going on Nick

Some good platinums as well, keep it up.

Oh and looks like some ass has rated this a 1 star I will rate it up for you.
    Same. It deserves it.

дурак

Well guys, finally got another Platinum. It only took me 6 months to get back into it. But now my trophy hunting days are back in full swing.

My newest Platinum is Skyrim. Took me nearly 180 something hours across two playthroughs.

дурак

Ladies and Gentleman, I'd like to welcome Dark Souls to my Platinum family. The 19th member.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Great job on that one...what's your 20th going to be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast