Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

RedBullLordy's Trophy Pilgrimage

This is a discussion on RedBullLordy's Trophy Pilgrimage within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; A young bloke aged 21 who lives in the South-East of England. A casual Gamer due to being at University ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

RedBullLordy's Trophy Pilgrimage

A young bloke aged 21 who lives in the South-East of England. A casual Gamer due to being at University who has always been a Sony fanboy, well, except for the Sega Mega Drive when I fell in love with Sonic when I was about 3. Mostly into racing games, and to a certain extent the FIFA and Mortal Kombat Series. I always head back to the likes of Sonic to experience some joy from my childhood. My favourite game of all time has to be Final Fantasy X, I mean I just don't get it its the only Final Fantasy I like, I bought FFVII and its alright, but just doesn't cut it. Moving on, I also did own a Nintendo DS for the Pokemon Series, which I no longer play it, but countless hours were wasted! I have never owned a Nintendo Wii or Xbox.

I am into Formula 1, Football and Pool/Snooker. I would obviously love to get behind a wheel of a F1 car but sadly I got more chance of going to the moon than that happening. Football, I watch as well as I play, Support the Mighty Gunners and like to play in Goal. With Pool and Snooker it is a great way to relax, it is a shame there are no decent Pool/Snooker games on the PS3!

My Interest in trophies took time to build, when I was first starting playing the PS3 the trophy system had been released, so had to re-complete a few games. I didn't have a lot of money back in the day so it was quite a while between my first and second platinums, but now I am on a steady rhythm after hitting a patch late last year. I started well in late 2012 and early 2013, but then nothing came out, and was feeding off scraps off PS+ which were all poo in my opinion. So had a break and now I am beginning to get back into it, just need a game every now and then to do.

Before I go any further, thank you to:

Stupot00 for his help with all the images in this trophy checklist
    Roswelian23 great person to talk to throughout my PS3 Trophy Hunting
    StewartBros for continuous Boosting Sessions, especially GTA!!

Burnout Paradise Elite

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 19/10/2008

Hardest Trophy: 8 Players Meet in the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium

Burnout has always been a Franchise I have bought into, Burnout 2: Point of Impact did it for me, and got me hooked, Burnout Paradise did the same here, its amazing gameplay and variety of things to do just hooked me, and this was the first game I experienced online gaming.
    I mean easily spent 450+ hours just dossing on it listening to my own songs while racing and munching other cars.

Tekken Fanatic

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 08/11/2009

Hardest Trophy: Machine Crusher

Yet again another series I love, especially Tekken 3 with Gon the Dinosaur, still hoping for him to make a comeback one day! Tekken 6 was alright, had an awful story, but besides that it is a classic beat 'em up. One I thought I never was going to get, especially the fact I forgot I was playing on the hardest mode throughout the game, so I dumbed it down. By then I got the urge, and from then on I wanted to collect Trophies. 7/10 as the story was horrible. No Gon though

Platinumary

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 16/06/2010

Hardest Trophy: Yatta!

Pure Nostalgia here, completing all the games I couldn't as a child! 90% of the classics were there, could of added more hence the 9/10. Mean Bean Machine was obviously the hardest by far, had a break between them and the rest of the trophies. I enjoyed this game a lot, especially the Sonic Series. Sonic fanboy, and also found interest in Streets of Rage. Very enjoyable game, I found the columns trophy tricky too, well more boring than tricky. Just can't speak enough words, Dreamcast Collection?

Ultimate Collection

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 21/06/2010

Hardest Trophy: Top of the Class

Two quick easy platinums, both Sonic related, I mean will this character ever get old? A great mini-racer, reminds me of Mario Kart Double Dash. Solid set of characters and levels, highly recommend it for fun and for the plat!

Complete

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 01/09/2011

Hardest Trophy: Nifty 50

My favourite Motorsport is back, after a long wait for a game Codemasters did a superb job. Played countless hours, Nifty 50. 490 wins in the end for it. A good 430 where 6-10 laps. It took me nearly a year to do. So a big wait, but I am a casual gamer. Just did it in enough time before the next F1 was released. 10/10 is bias, as I love and I mean love Formula 1.

Complete

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 21/10/2011

Hardest Trophy: Drivers' World Championship (Hard)

Just a tad bias again on the Game Rating. I loved this as much too, the trophies were a little easier, only one grind of 500 practice miles. The new KERS and DRS toys were fun like real life. The online play is much better, and joined a Racing League as a Result!

All Trophies Collected

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 04/12/2011

Hardest Trophy: Can't Touch This

Went halves with my brother, really just for the music, and playing through the previous games in a whole new level, with the classic music in the background. Going through past Sonic games for the 20th anniversary was so much fun, classic music, and revamped ones, a little more could of been included like Tails involved more, and the fights against rivals besides Eggman were pretty weak.

Dertiminated

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 29/12/2011

Hardest Trophy: Veteran Commander

This is more of an achievement than first thought I am not a fan of shooting games, Not the best shooter on the market and even I can say that! Game was pretty poor, I didn't know how it warranted the 39.99 retail price to begin with, 10 levels, 3 difficulties and about 7 types of weapon... Nice. Picked it up for 6!

Football Legend

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 19/02/2012

Hardest Trophy: Growing Club

One of the more harder games in my collection. I probably spent 20 in stupid Ultimate Team packs, and was really annoyed the 250+ games I played on Ultimate Team did not count towards the fudging 50 hour trophy! I spent one day just buying rare silvers and saw my Value was going up and up, and sneaked 85 million! I then just put it to 20 minute halves and did other things just making sure the ball was in play etc. A very proud Platinum this

inFamous 2 Platinum Trophy

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 15/06/2012

Hardest Trophy: Great Power Comes Greater Power

Close to platting the first, but the stunts I could not be bothered with. Much better sequel than first expected. I loved the game, from the looks of it this is the end of the series which is shame as I truly liked these two games. I got both of them for free through the PS+ membership. Sucker Punch should be proud, besides the Formula 1 Games I would quite easily say this is one of the best games I have played on the Playstation 3.

Platinum

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 08/08/2012

Hardest Trophy: Kit Collector

Played it for fun for the first couple of days getting the odd trophy, it was only when i realised I was rubbish at a couple of events I tried to go for the platinum. Stuck on the last day of events for a few hours, kept on coming fourth needing a medal to get that bastard of a trophy kit collector. Pole Vault, long distance running and something like Judo would of brilliant, but not in the game!

100% Devotion

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 21/11/2012

Hardest Trophy: The Equipment may be the same

Loved it, part of an online racing league, enjoyed everything except the glitched trophy which I have put as the hardest one. The game was definitely biggest difference besides the initial leap of F1 2010 from Championship Edition. The car handling was so much better, and I love keeping open the DRS until the last second even if I do get a drift going on. Wish they had practice mode on online multiplayer which is probably my only gripe with the game

All Star Legend

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 24/11/2012

Hardest Trophy: Character Mastery

Was against it, but thought stuff it, great game in all, will continue to play with friends especially with the announcement of DLC. The completing Arcade Mode is a grind as there is no difference except for who you fight with each character. Online, Arcade and Versus are the only modes which is a let down, but game should grow on me, thought to see if I could get the platinum and look! Character Mastery is difficult but finished it off.

True Theivius Raccoonus

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 01/12/2012

Hardest Trophy: Oh No He Didn't

Saw this in my games I got as a freebie an age ago from the Playstation Plus scheme. Thought about it and went for it. I never saw myself actually getting a Sly Cooper game but I guess PS All Stars showed me he could be a laugh. I forgot I had this, and was thinking of cleaning up other games. A fun game which wasn't do difficult except for the last boss which was a bit of a challenge. Nothing hot, but a nice easy one after the hard streak I have been on!

OVER 9000!

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 09/12/2012

Hardest Trophy: Title King

One of my favourite Anime's as a kid, thought lets relive it all, the game mechanic is pretty crap, mash square or triangle with most of the battles being 50/50 over who gets to attack first. The Hero mode is a bit pants if you ask me, same as Story mode but your just a made up character collecting Dragonballs to save the world. Online is HORRIBLE! The servers are held together with glue by the looks of it, your lucky to get a string of 3 fights. I thought it glitched on me and I would never had it!

Congratulations

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 23/12/2012

Hardest Trophy: The Champ

Been eyeing up this game for a while now, saw it for 4.00 and thought why not! Something to do before Christmas! At first it was a great little game, especially for the price, but then it became very repetitive and the fact it was based on time rather than laps annoyed me, I would purposely hold the field up so I wouldn't have to do another lap! The Trophy difficulty wasn't too hard, just a grind at the end. Some were horrible to drive, whilst some were alright

There is No Cake

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 17/01/2013

Hardest Trophy: Cartoon Apocalypse

Was a bit suspect at first, but wow, what a game, but it just rules. Family Guy has been a favourite programme of mine for a while now. I am sure we might see Family Guy come back with another game. Short Story was short, but mostly enjoyable, the multiverse madness trophy. How annoying! It takes around 120 minutes to get to the final and died last level! Loved Launcher Minigun Quagmire, wanted Consuela as a playable character though!

Ultimate All-Star

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 01/02/2013

Hardest Trophy: Team Sonic

Loved the previous game! This game was just as good, but the trophies were far harder than I wanted, but stuck by it, and with a bit of luck and asking about finally got the online trophy than caused me the most trouble. The game is a solid racer, with the fun of Sonic amongst the other key Sega stars. Wreck-It Ralph was a nice addition too, and was great to see AGES (Daytona Arcade Car!!!). Great follow up the original.

Taking A Liberty

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 14/02/2013

Hardest Trophy: Wanted!

RARR! Fucking Grind and some! First trophy in October 2008! Four years, hardest platinum, and it will be a while before something beats it. The game was sound, sure some aspects could be changed, like where was the added stuff besides bowling etc. SA had so much more! The online trophies, what a bastard to get AWP and Wanted! I got them so in your face Rockstar! Taking A Liberty? Yes you did! It was fun nonetheless I guess.

Race Star

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 14/02/2013

Hardest Trophy: 100% Career

Nice mini-karting game! Like Sonic Racing and LBP Racing. A bit different as you can't drift, which is a good touch considering it is Formula 1. KERS corners was a great idea as it is like F1 with the speed coming out the corners. Bubbles were a strange inclusion, thought something different would of been there. SC and Wet weather were a great inclusion, and the damage system was just right. A solid game, but I think with better weapons it could of been better.

Unlikely Bandit

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 18/02/2013

Hardest Trophy: Tick-Tock

Been meaning to buy the Sly Trilogy after completing the first, was actually superb, outshone the first one in every single way. I got it in the PSN Sale, and this and hopefully the next platinum for under 7 is an amazing deal, after the heaviest grind, need one or two platinums to soften the pain. This is seen as a whore platinum, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game

Master Thief

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 07/06/2013

Hardest Trophy: 100% Cooper

The final installment in the Sly Cooper trilogy took me much longer than I would thought, nice fun game which is much more tricky than Sly 1 and 2. I enjoyed using the various characters. A solid game, can be seen as a method of a cheap platinum, but to some it might be harder than they expect. Very enjoyable series, wish a Crash Bandicoot trilogy would come to head, would rival this!

Every Trophy Counts

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 21/06/2013

Hardest Trophy: Global Domination

Painful game to platinum, the glitched 'Global Domination' trophy prevented me from being in the top five to platinum it first. Besides that it is a solid game, nothing special, might be too arcade for people. I found it fun, drifting especially, reminds me of Need for Speed Underground, before NFS went downhill. Online is destruction derby unless collisions are off. Offline is okay, could offer more like two player split-screen.

None More Wanted

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 11/08/2013

Hardest Trophy: Speed is Nothing

Great little game, Criterion have basically made a Need For Speed vs Burnout Paradise, pretty much Burnout with real world cars. The game is a solid open world racer. Yet again DLC prevents me from achieving the 100% but still a platinum is a platinum. Thought it was a toughie looking at the description of Speed is Nothing, but it was made clearer as I went on. Probably play it casually now as online is fun and rarely the same each time.

All Hail, Tekken Incarnate!

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 18/08/2013

Hardest Trophy: Behold Tekken Lord

Been thinking of picking this up for a while, and now my brother has a PS3 we buy off the store often, but this at first wound me up, as it only let one console have it, thought you were allowed two downloads on two PS3's. But anyways, better than TEKKEN 6, and upscaled and improved in everyway. The tag system is a little laggy at times, mashing the L1 Tag button with nothing happening. If you can exploit AI better then it could be easier for others, Fight Lab was a very boring grind.

Top of the Heap

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 05/09/2013

Hardest Trophy: The Super Oberator

Never played a Jak & Daxter game before, it was free on PS+ so I thought I would check it out, very much like Rachet and Clank. Solid game, not my cup of tea, but I started it so might as well finish it. An okay HD release, I can see why people would play it, few annoying parts, but average game, average difficulty

Superstar

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 12/09/2013

Hardest Trophy: Millionaire

An alright racer, nothing special. Cars not much to shout about. The difficulty settings were just right too. It had a short-medium grind at the end. 100+ times around an oval in a Ferrari Enzo, not the most enjoyable, but found ways to keep it occupied. I grinded GTA, so this was naff all!

Congratulations

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:
    Completion: 14/09/2013

Hardest Trophy: 2000 miles

Another racing game on sale on the Playstation store, and I must admit, besides the graphics, the game is awful, one I started and couldn't wait to get finished and delete off my system. The handling system sure there was difference, but it felt lifeless and you could drive an Enzo the same way as a 1960's Ferrari. LAAAAME. Done though

Worms Elite

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 05/02/2012

Hardest Trophy: Ranked Master

Pure Nostalgia here again. Worms 2 on the PS1 ruled, the 3D ones didn't do it for me. This did, a big thanks to StewartBros had fun boosting wins!

Platinum

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 30/07/2012

Hardest Trophy: Shop-A-Holic

Hell Yeah! Back with Worms. 3D this time! Worms games to come out soon a franchise that can never die with the amount of stupidity put into the weapons. Thanks to StewartBros yet again for the help for the online.

Worm Winner

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 28/11/2012

Hardest Trophy: Worminator

Back to Worms 2D, third Worms Platinum! Big thanks to
    StewartBros yet again with the boosting! Alongside the Formula 1 hat-trick I have the Worms Hat-trick. Number 16! Even had to sync the pictures for most of the trophies! Good rare platinum, the new added water effect was brilliant, added another tactic to the game

Platinum Trophy

Game Rating:
    Trophy Difficulty:

Completion: 17/01/2012

Hardest Trophy: Supreme Being

A friend suggested me to buy this, I did not know much about it, just said it was a micro machine kind of game. I loved Micro Machines as a kid, I was a pretty solid game, nothing special, and the trophy difficulty yet again, one or two annoying ones. Alright game, could be fun with a few friends! A Nice break from Wanted Grind in GTA IV.

Last edited by RedBullLordy; 09-14-2013 at 08:30 AM.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Hey man,great start to your cl.you could probably add a little more info on your plats and get a nice banner,but hey im not complaining.great start again mate and interesting bio too.i look forward to seeing your list evolve

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Nope, nothing

Definitely a nice start mate, I look forward to see where you go with it, no doubt getting some Auron banners up there

Lvl 4 - Silver

Nice start to your trophy checklist. Also congrats on getting F1 2010 thats quite a hard and time consuming plat.

PRO Member

Nice looking Checklist. I had never heard of F1 before and you have the 2 s, haha. They are both pretty rare trophies so Congrats

I'd love to see more of your thoughts on the games that explains your ratings. What's next on the list?

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    Nice looking Checklist. I had never heard of F1 before and you have the 2 s, haha. They are both pretty rare trophies so Congrats

I'd love to see more of your thoughts on the games that explains your ratings. What's next on the list?
    I don't really know, not a lot out there that interests me at the moment and thanks for the feedback to all. I may add a bit more to them as I go along. I'm so close with inFamous and FIFA 12, but I don't see me getting inFamous as I can't do the challenges, and FIFA 12, I'm not forking out anymore money on Packs. Could 100% Sonic 2, but I would need a boosting partner as online is pretty much dead.

The Last of Us

Really good start.
    My first was Borderlands and the only trophy I would consider trophy whorish out of mine would be Sly 1.

~Thanks to DaRe_xLw for t
    he epic sig and avy!~

~Thanks to Djunglist for the awesome plat bar~

Regional Manager of War

Nice start with your checklist and may I add you have some plats I never see such as the F1 2010, F1 2011, and Worms 2., congrats

Heavy Metal Rules!!!!!

Nice start on your checklist mate. Good luck on your other games. Keep up the good work
    ****My Trophy Card****

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome Sig made by iGame
    Backblast's Platinum List

PRO Member

Lookin good so far. Now you just need to head over to ExDesigns or Sigs and Beyond to get yourself some nice banners.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 9 - Gold

Hey bud, nice to see you set up a checklist!

Looking good - keep those plats coming in!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Cheers, I need to get some more harder Platinums, as according to some Peeps I am a trophy whore, hmm... What to go for next?

I am so glad I got MK:Arcade Kollection done, my hardest PSN game yet.

Gotham's Reckoning

Interesting that the name of your checklist is eerily similar to the name of my checklist (just with different usernames) but I asume that was just a coincidence .

Anyway a very nice start to your checklist, don't think I've seen anyone with the F1 plats before and looking forward to seeing your checklist fully grow .

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Roo Commander

Lookin good mate
    Absolutely agree with you about Tekken 6, the story is shit. Prefer Tekken 5.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullLordy View Post
    Cheers, I need to get some more harder Platinums, as according to some Peeps I am a trophy whore, hmm... What to go for next?

I am so glad I got MK:Arcade Kollection done, my hardest PSN game yet.
    Your not a whore and also don't let others opinions affect the game you are going to play, trust me its not worth getting a hard when you didn't have fun playing the game. Nice progress on the checklist

Lvl 7 - Gold

Near FIFA 12 Plat, #10 Platinum. Really overjoyed about this one, I reckon by far this is the hardest one yet!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Hey man,well done on your progress with sonic 1 and bttf and good luck in getting the plat for fifa 12 too.my mate at workhas got the plat and he said it took him ages and it was difficult,so i can imagine the time and effort you have put into it is a fair amount.keep up the good work mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

After a long wait for either a decent game or PS+ freebie one has come. Shift 2 Unleashed, a hard platinum, but I think if I am patient enough it is possible. Earnt my first trophy for 4 weeks this week, that is how dull I feel the gaming market has been.

The One and Only

That's a sweet looking checklist. Nice job.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Nice looking list man! Good luck with Shift 2

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast