Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

bmj14772's Trophy Catalog

This is a discussion on bmj14772's Trophy Catalog within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; #42 ----- Ghostbusters: The Video Game --- Platinum Trophy --- Awarded for outstanding performance in Ghostbusters! --- 03/04/2012 05:46:17 PM ...

PRO Member

-----Ghostbusters: The Video Game

---Platinum Trophy
    ---Awarded for outstanding performance in Ghostbusters!
    ---03/04/2012 05:46:17 PM

Earned by 134 (7.77%) of 1,724 game owners.
    Trophy Difficulty: Brutal

This game was a blast to play on SP and other than the extreme glitchyness and lag of the server(s) the MP was a riot as well. I had a ton of fun with this game and added a few great PS3ers to my Friend List because of it. If you are a fan of Ghostbusters this game will really be enjoyable for you. Overall I recommend this game for fun but the is a massive grind.

The single player was really great and the only real difficult parts (during the Professional playthrough) were the Library boss and the damn Cupids at the gate in the final chapter. The latter took me 4-5 tries where I finally made it through by going super quick. I was trying to dodge and strategize only to fail! When I came out that last time on a speed mission, I just tethered and tethered and tethered as fast as possible and made it through

game!!

-----Megamind: Ultimate Showdown

---Platinum Trophy
    ---All Trophies obtained!
    ---03/03/2012 11:29:31 AM

Earned by 899 (91.27%) of 985 game owners.
    Trophy Difficulty: Piece of Cake

I signed back up for GameFly with the sole intention of grabbing some "Kiddie" games to boost my PSN level and platinum count. This is the 1st in that series. I honestly enjoyed the game. The gameplay was a little weird due to the camera angles; this made some of the platforming a little difficult (you know, depth perception and such). The graphics were decent and the whole experience was quick and painless. There was absolutely nothing challenging at all.

I would highly recommend this game for trophy competitions (unless the rules forbid such games) and for those - like me - looking to bump their plat count.

PRO Member

Gratz man! Damn those Cupids!

Also, Gamefly FTW...I wish I still had it

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Big congrats on your 2 new plats mate,thats some awesome work.Your not far off of plat #50,do you have anything in particular for the half century mark ?

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Regional Manager of War

Congrats on Ghost Busters and Megamind plats. I have always been curious how is Megamind? I ask because Up was decent and I had fun playing Cloudy.

A plat a month!

Congrats on #41 and #41 BMJ!

Nope, nothing

Congratulations on the new platinums buddy

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Gratz man! Damn those Cupids!

Also, Gamefly FTW...I wish I still had it
    Yeah, those SOBs sent me an e-mail to renew for only $7.95/mo for the 1st month... i'm a sucker and jumped on it, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Big congrats on your 2 new plats mate,thats some awesome work.Your not far off of plat #50,do you have anything in particular for the half century mark ?
    I was thinking about holding off on the Ghostbusters and making that one #50 but, I got impatient (i'm borrowing the game and have had it way too long already though). Not sure what's on the docket; I pre-ordered Mass Effect 3, Prototype 2, and Assassin's Creed III though so maybe one of those

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Congrats on Ghost Busters and Megamind plats. I have always been curious how is Megamind? I ask because Up was decent and I had fun playing Cloudy.
    I'm not gonna lie... I really enjoyed it. It's exactly what I expected it to be short and super easy. I borrowed How to Train your Dragon and Monsters vs. Aliens thinking they would be short and easy but, nope... both of those were either a grind or a little challenging or both, haha.

I have Up and Cloudy in my Q so they will be in my CL at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Congrats on #41 and #41 BMJ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Congratulations on the new platinums buddy
    Thanks fellas

PRO Member

-----Spider-Man: Edge of Time

---Spider-Man™: Edge of Time Platinum
    ---Unlock all trophies to earn this.
    ---03/12/2012 05:35:08 PM

Earned by 74 (27.51%) of 269 game owners.
    Trophy Difficulty: Tough

So continues the super hero craze that i'm currently working through. This was a fun game. The graphics were pretty good and the story was interesting to say the least. I enjoyed the Spider facts that popped up during the loading screens!!

I really struggled with the difficulty of fighting all the enemies (especially bosses) at first. Once I developed an actual strategy to tackle them it smoothed out for me; you really can't just button mash your way through this game.

Playing as the 2 different Spider-Man characters was a very unique approach and offered a fun experience. The collectibles were'nt too bad and the Web Challenges - except the Freefall events - were not overly difficult. Hard mode was the same as Normal mode to me... wtf? Maybe it's because I developed a fighting strategy and had all the upgrades? Plus the fact that you can blaze through most of the Hard mode run without a fight; you just need to utilize your spider sense/enhanced vision to locate the door keys and kill only those enemies. I think it took only a couple hours to blast through Hard mode doing it that way

-----Rango

---The Bard
    ---Earn every Trophy in Rango
    ---03/11/2012 05:34:11 PM

Earned by 387 (82.17%) of 471 game owners.

I signed back up for GameFly with the sole intention of grabbing some "Kiddie" games to boost my PSN level and platinum count. This is the 2nd game in that series. Once again, this was a very enjoyable game. It had a fun story and nothing was difficult. My kids enjoyed this one although it wasn't their favorite animated film and they quickly grew bored with it. My only complaint is that you have a fairly substantial grind at the end (see The Longest below).

I would recommend this to all gamers as it's a fun and easy game. I want to say it took roughly 9 hours of gameplay for the however, I did do it over 2 days and let the kids play so maybe a little less than that.

PRO Member

Congrats on your two latest plats man! What do you have in mind for your next one?

|
    |by Smashguy |

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Congrats on your two latest plats man! What do you have in mind for your next one?
    Well, I have a few games in the coffers that I already own:
    • Mass Effect 3
    • L.A. Noire (+ all DLC)
    • God of War II
    • Sly Cooper I
    • Tombraider: Underworld
    Games that I want to grab:
    • Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
    • Trine 2
    • Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum
    • Batman: Arkham City
    Games in my GameQ:
    • Up
    • Penguins of Madagascar
    • Ice Age
    • Kung Fu Panda 2
    • Rio
    • Phineas and Ferb
    • Puss in Boots
    • Back to the Future
    • NCIS
    • Cabela's Outdoor Adventures
    • Cabela's North American Adventures
    • Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010
    Holy crap, I never thought i'd have a backlog lol.
    Last edited by bmj14772; 03-14-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Congrat on your 2 new plats mate,very well done .Im glad you enjoyed Spider Man:EoT.I though it was really good also and i pretty much agree with everything you have stated too.Keep up the great work man.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Damn straight! That's a ton.

|
    |by Smashguy |

Platinum Procrastinator

Congrats on the two new plats. I'm glad to see you enjoyed the Spiderman game as I wasn't sure if it was any good or not.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

-----Penguins of Madagascar

---The Penguins of Madagascar 100% Complete
    ---Collect all Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies.
    ---03/20/2012 06:25:30 PM

Earned by 192 (82.76%) of 232 game owners.
    ---
    I signed back up for GameFly with the sole intention of grabbing some "Kiddie" games to boost my PSN level and platinum count. This is the 3rd game in that series. Once again, this was very enjoyable. I enjoy watching the Penguins on TV with the kids and the game was no different. It was fairly linear and straight forward with basically no stress. The entire game was more about "solving puzzles" in order to progress than fighting off foes. You are charged with a particular task of collecting parts to build some machine for each level. To reach the different parts, you are required to use each of the 4 penguins - and their particular special abilities - in an overall collaborative team effort. There literally wasn't a single enemy or boss fight throughout the entire campaign.

In addition to the story, there were mini-games that you had to purchase with collected "currency" (Snowcones) from King Julien. There were 3 different games:
    • Mort Bowling - literally a 10-pin bowling game
    • Dance Party - series of QTEs
    • Ninja Pins - you had to defend a central position while ninja pins attacked from 4 corners
    Each of these mini-games were fairly fun and quite easy for trophies, haha. If you absolutely suck at these games, you can still earn the trophies by re-playing several times because the requirements are cumulative. There were a couple collectible trophies (see below) and all other trophies in this game were story/campaign related.

I definitely recommend this game to old and young alike.

PRO Member

Congrats on your newest platinum man!

|
    |by Smashguy |

Congrats on your penguins mate,well done.I also enjoy watching this programme with my daughter as it makes me piss and im looking for some games that we can both play and this is one of them.Well done again man,glad you enjoyed it too

PRO Member

-----Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

---True Thievius Raccoonus
    ---Unlock all trophies for Sly Cooper's first outing
    ---03/23/2012 07:40:06 AM

Earned by 2,344 (72.7%) of 3,224 game owners.
    Trophy Difficulty: Novice
    ---
    This was free for PS+ subscribers so I scooped it up. I'd heard good things about the Sly Cooper series and had no personal experience with it. Why not give it a try, right? The price was right afterall, haha.

This game was quite stress free and fun to play and the story line was interesting and entertaining. A little effort was definitely required to get through this one, for me. I had a great time playing the normal campaign (controlling Sly Cooper) but, the "mini-games" where you had to race - or whatever - were a pain in the ass; I really dislike those types of elements in games where the gameplay is totally different.

A couple of the boss fights were a minor challenge (Mz. Ruby and Clockwork). I say Mz Ruby because it actually took me 3 tries to make it through the QTE-like "fight". Clockwork was a joke except that I couldn't figure out where the hell I was supposed to go in the 3rd leg of that fight. I kept dying in the damn lava. Once I landed (accidentally, mind you) on the little platform, I was like , really? lolol

Other than potentially not knowing where to go for a few seconds every once in a while, this game was an easy that I would recommend to old and young alike. I'm definitely going to be checking out the sequels in the future.

A plat a month!

Congrats on Sly Cooper!

Fight Off Your Demons

Congrats on the new plat, this list is looking great. Your thoughts on games are definitely enjoyable to read, keep up the great work

PRO Member

I feel like I was just here Congrats on Sly! Great game!

|
    |by Smashguy |

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast