Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2408

DragonWolfVII's Trophy Checklist

This is a discussion on DragonWolfVII's Trophy Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Sounds like its based on luck and god I can tell you how much I hate games based on luck ...

Forget I Was Ever Here

Sounds like its based on luck and god I can tell you how much I hate games based on luck its so annoying I'd rather play Contra with higher difficulty they play a game where luck is needed. I have a game Price is Right Decades and there is a game Plinko where you drop chips down and so based on luck I need those 2 trophies and then platinum but it takes forever.

3D Dot Heros I had that game once and gave it away I hope you like it as I hear good things about it. Thats not going to be the next game you work on is it? May I ask do you play 1 game at a time or switch it and play 2-3 games at once

It is time for me to go underground

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Sounds like its based on luck and god I can tell you how much I hate games based on luck its so annoying I'd rather play Contra with higher difficulty they play a game where luck is needed. I have a game Price is Right Decades and there is a game Plinko where you drop chips down and so based on luck I need those 2 trophies and then platinum but it takes forever.

3D Dot Heros I had that game once and gave it away I hope you like it as I hear good things about it. Thats not going to be the next game you work on is it? May I ask do you play 1 game at a time or switch it and play 2-3 games at once
    It is some what luck based. There is an item called Forlorn necklace that people have trouble with, yet I got all 4 of mine in about 45 minutes. Then some items that are considered more common I'm having bags of trouble with.

As for your question, I tend to play one game at a time, especially if I'm enjoying it. Is sort of necessary with most RPG's because of the size of the games. I might pop the Vita on every now and then if the wife is hogging the TV. One exception if football games, I can play those along with something else as there is no story to keep up with etc

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Yeah I'm still on the first play through, right before the last part of the game. You have to do a full play through, then 2 half play throughs and then a speed run. I'm just having awful luck when it comes to enemy drops.

Thanks man, the PPS group is definitely a goal of mine for the future, but for now I'm just going to enjoy my games. Can't be bothered to clean up some of my older games right now lol

Just got another game to add to the back log, however its quite rare around here and I saw it dirt cheap, so I picked it up:

As someone who owns 3D Dot Game Heroes, lemme tell you that after playing this game, you'll become a save whore. (I don't mean that in a bad way, you'll just be super-extra cautious.) The gameplay is pretty damn awesome, with quite a lot of enemies and recoloured enemies which the game humorously notes must be more powerful if they're recoloured. You get some info on your enemies by Booking them, by literally hitting them with a green book until you get a Bestiary entry.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    As someone who owns 3D Dot Game Heroes, lemme tell you that after playing this game, you'll become a save whore. (I don't mean that in a bad way, you'll just be super-extra cautious.) The gameplay is pretty damn awesome, with quite a lot of enemies and recoloured enemies which the game humorously notes must be more powerful if they're recoloured. You get some info on your enemies by Booking them, by literally hitting them with a green book until you get a Bestiary entry.
    Good to know. I've heard a lot of good things about the game, and being a fan of the early Zelda games made me want it even more, as I've heard its a great throw back to those games, especially A Link To The Past.

Beast Incarnate

SUNDAY UPDATE:

Still playing Nier, and boy is it a grind. I'm having the most horrid luck with item drops its untrue. Harvesting items was no problem, got all I needed out of the way. Fishing items were no problem. But these enemy drops are a nightmare. I'm having particular trouble with 3:

1) Broken Wristwatch - Got 1 in about 15 runs of the Southern Plains, need 11
    2) Memory Alloy - Got 1 in 9 runs of the Junk Heap, from a possible 4 drops per run, need 8
    3) Subdued Bracelet - Got 1 in 12 hours....yes thats right, 12 hours of killing these flying morons and I got 1 drop, need 3

The other items will come in time, but those 3 have been doing my head in. Anybody who has this platinum has my respect, not because of the difficulty, the game itself is pretty damn easy, but because of the EXTREME patience the upgrade trophies take.

Still, I am enjoying it, and I am right at the end of the first play through. If I can get the majority of the weapon upgrades out of the way then the next 2 half play through's will be very, very quick. I already have the White Moonflower trophy done, and I have caught the legendary fish. Literally all that is left are the play through's, the speed run, the timed boss trophies and the weapon upgrades. Depending on how lucky I can get with these damn enemy drops I may be able to knock the platinum out in another 20-30 hours

Beast Incarnate

SUNDAY UPDATE

Still no platinum, but I'm getting closer and closer. Got the majority of the weapon upgrades done, just got a few crappy items left to get to finish off the hardest trophy in the game.

I've completed the game through once and am now at the end of the second playthrough. The second time through is cool because a lot of extra scenes are added to the game. It really makes you feel sorry about your so called enemies. It really does show there are 2 sides to every story. To make you understand how bad it makes you feel, there is a particular part in the game where you have to avenge the Queen's death, and it made my wife cry like a baby. Seriously makes you feel bad for killing them.

I have also got the majority of the timed boss trophies out of the way too. After this playthrough all I should need to do is blitz through the second half of the game a 3rd time for the final 2 endings, and then the speed run for the last trophy.

In other news, I picked up the following today for just 10:

3 games for 10 was impossible to pass up

Forget I Was Ever Here

Well I think its safe to say if you keep working hard at it you will be achieving the platinum this week!! A game where the story isn't the exact same sounds well worth playing thats for sure that gives you a reason to play again!

Nice pick up with ME Trilogy I haven't nor will I ever play the series but I hope you fun playing them

Beast Incarnate

Well I think its safe to say if you keep working hard at it you will be achieving the platinum this week!! A game where the story isn't the exact same sounds well worth playing thats for sure that gives you a reason to play again!

Nice pick up with ME Trilogy I haven't nor will I ever play the series but I hope you fun playing them
    I'm not sure about this week, it all depends on work and how lucky I get with item drops, but hopefully it won't be too far off. As for the story, you still go through the same motions and story as you did the first time around, you just get extra cut scenes telling you about the other side of the coin, if you know what I mean.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Glad to see you're still enjoying the game and yeah those 3 items in particular are a huge pain. Suggestion do a speed run for your 3rd and 4th endings run that way you can avoid having to do the extra playthrough?

How much hassle did you have growing the flower?

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

Good luck with Nier, it seems like you're doing well with it. You got Mass Effect Trilogy for THAT CHEAP? YIKES! Enjoy, my friend, after Nier is done!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Royal Flush X2

You'll enjoy the Mass Effect series, I've still have yet to play ME1 but 2 & 3 are excellent games. Can't beat that price

illegal in 9 countries

Why's that? Mass Effect is the best RPG series I've ever played.

Don't buy into the hype about the ending of ME3, it was perfectly fine and after 250+ hours completing the trilogy, it really didn't matter.

10 quid for the trilogy is an awesome purchase DW

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Glad to see you're still enjoying the game and yeah those 3 items in particular are a huge pain. Suggestion do a speed run for your 3rd and 4th endings run that way you can avoid having to do the extra playthrough?

How much hassle did you have growing the flower?
    The speedrun has to be through the entire game, where as endings C and D are just the second half of the game after viewing ending B and collecting all of the weapons I believe. I blitzed nearly the entire second half yesterday, not skipping every single scene in about 2 and a half hours, so I think 15 hours through the entire game will be fine.

The flower wasn't too bad. Took about 4 cycles of pink and peach to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Good luck with Nier, it seems like you're doing well with it. You got Mass Effect Trilogy for THAT CHEAP? YIKES! Enjoy, my friend, after Nier is done!
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    You'll enjoy the Mass Effect series, I've still have yet to play ME1 but 2 & 3 are excellent games. Can't beat that price
    I've heard a lot about them but never experienced them myself. Really looking forward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Why's that? Mass Effect is the best RPG series I've ever played.

Don't buy into the hype about the ending of ME3, it was perfectly fine and after 250+ hours completing the trilogy, it really didn't matter.

10 quid for the trilogy is an awesome purchase DW
    10 was really too good to pass up, for 3 very good games especially.

Death to zombies!!

Congrats on the progress on Nier sounds like your not far from the platinum. I would tell you off for buying another game but at 10 i will let you off.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Congrats on the progress on Nier sounds like your not far from the platinum. I would tell you off for buying another game but at 10 i will let you off.
    Haha, can't beat 3 games for a tenner. Still, I very much doubt I'll get through my back log very quickly

Beast Incarnate

UPDATE: MORE THAN A MONTH AFTER MY LAST, FINALLY I HAVE PLATINUM #103

Nier
    The Final Verse
    22/3/2013
    1/1 2/2 19/19 20/20 - 100%

Game Rating -

Trophy Difficulty -

Toggle Spoiler

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death to zombies!!

Congrats on the Nier platinum, another rpg next?

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Ice Cream Firefighter

Nice work on another plat and such a brilliant game at that as well. What's next?

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Congrats on the Nier platinum, another rpg next?
    Thanks man. I'm probably going to try to finish up FIFA 13 and Gravity Rush next, although FIFA 13 could pose problems.

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Nice work on another plat and such a brilliant game at that as well. What's next?
    Thanks a lot man. As I said above, probably FIFA 13 or Gravity Rush will be next

Forget I Was Ever Here

DRAGON congrats buddy on finally finishing that up, faster than I initially thought. I assumed you would get it saturday but great job!

Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast