Page 76 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2408

DragonWolfVII's Trophy Checklist

This is a discussion on DragonWolfVII's Trophy Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Screw FIFA and keep the streak alive with Sleeping Dogs. That game is epic and a quick plat....

Local Drunk

Screw FIFA and keep the streak alive with Sleeping Dogs. That game is epic and a quick plat.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Seeing as how your aggravation over FIFA 13 is ruining your gaming experience, I would say take a day or two to think it over. Luck-based trophies are tough but not every game can, or should be, as easy as Trine 2. That said, I think you should just play what you like for a few days to "cool off" (I'd say Mass Effect Trilogy but it's obvious that the EA hate train is running full steam around here). Take care.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Screw the streak, screw FIFA, play Bioshock or something.

In all seriousness, I don't know, surely you could find a decent title to plat within the next few days without resorting to something like MIB. How much time would you put towards it in the next 10 days?

Maybe go for Gravity Rush (~20 hours) or Zero Escape: VLR or something?

---

FIFA sounds pretty fucked up btw, but it sounds like an awesome Plat to have once you finally pull it off.
    MIB was just an idea from the games I have in my backlog already. I'm not sure how much time I'd have to invest in a game due to work, but I'd try to fit in a few hours here and there. Gravity Rush is a good idea, I could just never get used to the controls. I'm sure a bit of practice could fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I'm all about playing games this year with platinums as a bonus so I say play for the enjoyment, continue FIFA mate.

Well done on an awesome streak though GOW:A would be one you could smash out in 10 days or less and it's not a whorish game lol (for the series it is though)
    Thanks man. I started the year in the same frame of mind, but seeing a 28 month streak end is a bit of a burden. This is why I'm asking for advice lol. As for GOW:A, I don't currently own it and would be looking for a game in my backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Screw FIFA and keep the streak alive with Sleeping Dogs. That game is epic and a quick plat.
    Is Sleeping Dogs really a quick plat? I thought it would be at least 30 hours or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Seeing as how your aggravation over FIFA 13 is ruining your gaming experience, I would say take a day or two to think it over. Luck-based trophies are tough but not every game can, or should be, as easy as Trine 2. That said, I think you should just play what you like for a few days to "cool off" (I'd say Mass Effect Trilogy but it's obvious that the EA hate train is running full steam around here). Take care.
    If I were to start a new game entirely for enjoyment it would probably be AC3, but I usually like to finish the games I am on before moving on. This is why I would play something short to keep the streak alive, then I can jump right back onto FIFA and continue to screw at EA for putting a trophy intended to make them as much money as possible in a game.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Is Sleeping Dogs really a quick plat? I thought it would be at least 30 hours or so...
    Yeah you'd easily get it before the end of the month. Most trophies are story related and the collectibes are so easy to find that you don't even need a guide.

Just checked my 100% completed Sleeping Dogs save and it says 50hrs 11mins but that's mainly cause I took my time with it and didn't use a guide for any of the collectables.

If you don't want to go for Sleeping Dogs, Mafia II is a good choice. Can get the story finished in 12 hrs on Hard.
    Last edited by Feral; 04-20-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: It was essential

PRO Member

Hey man been awhile just dropping by to see how you been going while I was away..I can see still strong as ever congrats on any plats you got while I was away and keep up the good work!

Beast Incarnate

Yeah you'd easily get it before the end of the month. Most trophies are story related and the collectibes are so easy to find that you don't even need a guide.

Just checked my 100% completed Sleeping Dogs save and it says 50hrs 11mins but that's mainly cause I took my time with it and didn't use a guide for any of the collectables.

If you don't want to go for Sleeping Dogs, Mafia II is a good choice. Can get the story finished in 12 hrs on Hard.
    Cool man, I'll definitely look into that. Sleeping Dogs is a game I don't particularly want to rush, I want to experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Hey man been awhile just dropping by to see how you been going while I was away..I can see still strong as ever congrats on any plats you got while I was away and keep up the good work!
    Thanks for dropping by dude

Notorious K.I.D.

Well you've already proven you have more patience than I have when it comes to pursuing platinums. I say take a break and find a game you want to enjoy the experience with rather than pushing through on a game thats frustrating. I found myself in the same predicament with Sacred 2, so I am taking a break and playing FF7. Enjoying a game is the best experience a gamer can have, not gathering trophies IMO.

Keep you're head up and have fun.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Well you've already proven you have more patience than I have when it comes to pursuing platinums. I say take a break and find a game you want to enjoy the experience with rather than pushing through on a game thats frustrating. I found myself in the same predicament with Sacred 2, so I am taking a break and playing FF7. Enjoying a game is the best experience a gamer can have, not gathering trophies IMO.

Keep you're head up and have fun.
    I played FFVII not too long back on my Vita, love going back to old FF games .

Thanks for your input man, but once I start a game I usually like to finish it, no matter how frustrating, which can be annoying at times. An exception to that would be Harry Potter, I need 2 more playthroughs but just can't bring myself to do it again, it just sucks lol.

Thank you everyone for your input and advice. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I may try to mow through Gravity Rush, but I do suck with the controls which could make some challenges difficult. The next cup on FIFA is on next week too, so I'll spend the weekend failing at that lol.

Usually I'd do a Sunday Update, but I'm going to post today instead.

I only have 5 trophies left on FIFA 13 and they are as follows:

Division King - Just win a Division title in Online Seasons, shouldn't be too difficult
    Filling Cabinets - Win an online cup, hardest trophy in the game, may stop me getting the platinum
    Bros - Win, lose or draw, doesn't matter, just play an online game with the 2nd controller plugged in, easiest trophy I have left
    In Form! - Stupid f*cking c*nty money sucking luck based trophy. Still haven't spent any real money on this, but that is EA's plan entirely and a lot of people do buy packs. The 2nd trophy that could keep me from the platinum
    On the Rise Will get this on the way to Division King, easy enough

So there it is, the only trophies I have left on the game.

I have also added a new song to my checklist. It is Phantom of the Opera re-done on a guitar by the awesome Eric Calderone. Such an epic song it actually deserves to be posted here too.

illegal in 9 countries

Do I:

A) Put FIFA to one side and play a whore-ish game (like MIB) in order to keep the streak alive
    B) Screw the streak, keep playing FIFA until the platinum pops or the servers close

Any input would be nice, just to help me decide.
    The streak is nice to have but you'll forget about it the moment it breaks. If you want to keep it alive then by all means, whore it up on MIB.

Good luck with FIFA mate. In Form is just one more reason not to buy an EA sports game - I hate micro-transaction based apps where you either waste your time or waste your money. It's all too pervasive on iOS and it's sad to see the same dodgy business model hit consoles.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'd say keep the streak and take a break from FIFA for a few days. Only reason why I say find a quick plat is if you continue with FIFA and don't plat it, you'll be even more pissed that it cost you your streak as well. I know the feeling as I have so many games on backlog including the quickie games, and I haven't platted in a while and so badly want a "quick fix" plat game. It does suck about EA as I noticed they have that in FIFA as well as the NHL games just trying the grab money. I do remember the MLB The Show having "points" you can buy as well so its pretty much instead of buying DLC for trophies, now its just trying to buy perks to try and get trophies which is a ripoff artist approach to gaming. Oh and good luck with HN..... I bought that game a while ago and haven't played yet, but know I'll play that, then play the next two games afterwards back to back to experience it all as it looks like a fun game.
    Haven't updated anything on here since the site went down a year ago with the new servers so lost all my friends and post counts and everything looking to help and get help with games and trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...checklist.html My Trophy checklist

Platinum Procrastinator

I vote for whatever gives me the best chance of catching up to you so FIFA it is lol. Seriously though, take a break from it and play something short and then go back at it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The streak is nice to have but you'll forget about it the moment it breaks. If you want to keep it alive then by all means, whore it up on MIB.

Good luck with FIFA mate. In Form is just one more reason not to buy an EA sports game - I hate micro-transaction based apps where you either waste your time or waste your money. It's all too pervasive on iOS and it's sad to see the same dodgy business model hit consoles.
    Thanks man, and trust me, it will be a long time before I buy another EA Sports title

Quote Originally Posted by Devotor View Post
    I'd say keep the streak and take a break from FIFA for a few days. Only reason why I say find a quick plat is if you continue with FIFA and don't plat it, you'll be even more pissed that it cost you your streak as well. I know the feeling as I have so many games on backlog including the quickie games, and I haven't platted in a while and so badly want a "quick fix" plat game. It does suck about EA as I noticed they have that in FIFA as well as the NHL games just trying the grab money. I do remember the MLB The Show having "points" you can buy as well so its pretty much instead of buying DLC for trophies, now its just trying to buy perks to try and get trophies which is a ripoff artist approach to gaming. Oh and good luck with HN..... I bought that game a while ago and haven't played yet, but know I'll play that, then play the next two games afterwards back to back to experience it all as it looks like a fun game.
    Thanks for the comments man. I have jumped back into Gravity Rush so hopefully I'll get that done and dusted soon. HN was recommended to me by stupot, I love a good RPG so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I vote for whatever gives me the best chance of catching up to you so FIFA it is lol. Seriously though, take a break from it and play something short and then go back at it.
    Haha. Like I said, you'll catch me sooner than you think. I'll be lucky to finish the year with 110 plats.

PRO Member

I say keep the streak going. If Fifa is as bad as you say I would take break. Personally I would of took a break a long time ago. LOL.

I faced that dilema last june. Got to the end of the month without a plat and managed to knock 2 out in in 2 days.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Local Drunk

Cool man, I'll definitely look into that. Sleeping Dogs is a game I don't particularly want to rush, I want to experience it.
    As you should lol. Yeah that's the best way to go, no need to rush an awesome game.

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    I say keep the streak going. If Fifa is as bad as you say I would take break. Personally I would of took a break a long time ago. LOL.

I faced that dilema last june. Got to the end of the month without a plat and managed to knock 2 out in in 2 days.
    Haha, determination mate. As much as I doubt the platinum there is still that voice in my head willing me on.

As you should lol. Yeah that's the best way to go, no need to rush an awesome game.
    Damn right lol

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Once you get around to Sleeping Dogs, make sure you check out the DLC. Not the new zombie scenarios and all that crap, but some of the initial DLCs looked extremely interesting to me when I played through the game. I only noticed them after I had lost/deleted(?) my save files, but stuff like the Police pack that offers new mission types and armored SWAT vehicles and stuff like that looked like a hell of a lot of fun.
    I'll definitely look into the DLC when I finally get around to playing it

Forget I Was Ever Here

So I know I didn't comment on your question but what did you decide? I believe the PS4 is almost out and you will be purchasing it so enjoy the games you have and don't worry about platinum

It is time for me to go underground

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    So I know I didn't comment on your question but what did you decide? I believe the PS4 is almost out and you will be purchasing it so enjoy the games you have and don't worry about platinum
    I'm playing Gravity Rush so hopefully I can get that finished. I'm not holding my breath though as I haven't got a fat lot of gaming time at the moment. As for the PS4 I won't be buying it straight away. I'll wait until there is something I really want released for it and then I'll get one.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Well I invite you to play some Drive Club with me so does that mean you will still buy new releases for the ps3 when the 4 comes out? i haven't seriously slowed down all my purchases this years i think i've only bought 5 games so far this year including dead island and grid 2 and i don't plan on buying anymore new releases i figure i could play the games i haven't yet like dragon age II or yakuza dead souls other than that i don't care about playing the rest of the games i hadn't…. Goodluck with Gravity Rush

It is time for me to go underground

Beast Incarnate

Just opened 25 Jumbo Gold Packs on FIFA 13 during Happy Hour, once again got naff all. Screw you EA!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just opened 25 Jumbo Gold Packs on FIFA 13 during Happy Hour, once again got naff all. Screw you EA!
    pfft so annoying right. I thought you could only open 5 packs in a happy hour?

Page 76 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast