Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Daftprophet's Encephalon: A Network of Trophies

This is a discussion on Daftprophet's Encephalon: A Network of Trophies within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Feral Fuck mate, you're lucky to be alive and not be hurt. Sucks bout the car but ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Fuck mate, you're lucky to be alive and not be hurt. Sucks bout the car but fuck it, just good that you and nobody else were injured or killed.
    Indeed. I completely agree and I'm extremely fortunate to be alive. It was fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Congrats on your two newest plats my friend and I am glad you came out okay from your accident. I hope you are okay and not scared to drive in the blizzard now. Glad so glad you are well and not seriously injured or any1 else!!!!!
    Thank you Yoo Hoo. Surprisingly I'm not afraid to drive in any condition as it was just a freak accident caused by black ice and my inability to handle a Jeep that I'm not familiar with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Damn OMG... Thank God you're safe. We don't know what would we do without you bro.
    I know and thank you...I don't even want to think about that
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Glad you're okay man, accidents always suck.
    Yeah. This was the first, and hopefully last, major accident I've been involved in...I just keep thinking that it could have been much much worse. It was so fucking scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I figured it was about time that I made the rounds on everyone's checklists and spread some holiday cheer

Glad to hear you're ok. I've been in a couple of minor accidents and some close calls, but no wrecks yet. Fuck indeed.
    Lol. I know. I'm glad you did Thanks and I've also been in some minor ones before, but nothing like this. I seriously saw my life flash before me and I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my seatbelt...I always wear that thing thankfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Glad you came out ok during that terrible accident
    Me too and thanks. I'm still a bit shaken up about it and my whole body is sore, but thankfully that's the worst of it
    Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Whoa, that's a crazy story.

Thank goodness you were able to walk away with no injuries. Definately had an angel in the car with you that day

Sometimes, it's best to talk about it (write it down), it helps to ease the experience. Stay safe.
    Thanks User. It agree and I guess that's why I posted it here. It was a horrifying experience and hopefully will be my last. Thankfully I didn't come out injured or anything which is honestly a fucking miracle if you saw the vehicle. Don't know who or what, but something was definitely on my side that day, and for that, I'm thankful.

Thanks again everyone...hopefully my next post will be a new though it's the last thing on my mind right now...just trying to relax

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

The video is up in the anime group if you wanna see what I got mate.

PRO Member

[top]#62 Jak & Daxter:The Precursor Legacy 12/30/2012

Probably my last of the year. All stats have been updated as well as goals, banners, descriptions and such.

I do want to give a special thanks to all who voted for my Checklist in the Checklist of the Year thread. That's pretty cool as I tied with DaRe for second (though it says I beat him?)

As for the trophy competition, sadly I haven't earned that many platinums...not since the accident. So I feel at least that my steam has run out and I don't really have any super whore-y games at my disposal. I'm OK with that though. I guess we'll see by the end of the week though. Perhaps I can squeeze another one out just good measure

I also want to give a HUGE shoutout to Omnislash for sticking with me through the end in getting online titles and icons for SFIV done. Now all I have to do is all the SP stuff, which I am well aware will be extremely challenging. I'll be playing that on and off in between my other games to not drive myself insane in hopes to once and for all finish that bastard

Also, I want to give Smashguy a ton of thanks for making the banners for me! I will learn to do it someday

Since I never picked up any of the Jak and Daxter games when I was younger, I felt I had to pay some homage to my PS2 days buy picking up the J&D HD collection. The game actually looks quite good with the HD treatment and the controls are solid. The story was interesting to say the least, but not really boring or anything. Daxter was pretty humorous at times which made the game pretty silly. I always thought this was tailored towards kids when I was younger, but I would have to disagree with that now. Not that it's adult oriented at all either, it's just a good middle ground for anyone to enjoy. Made by the people who brought us the Crash Bandicoot games to the PS universe (or Uncharted if you're a n00b) Truly a platforming game (again, which I enjoy) so I had a blast playing through it and definitely have a bit of regret that I waited this long. I'm pretty excited to see what the next two are like! So far, this one's great and I recommend giving them a go. The only tough-ish part was getting the 2000 Precursor Orbs since some of them were cleverly hidden, but I'll leave you to figure that out.

Stay classy PS3T members

|
    |by Smashguy |

PRO Member

Congrats on the first Jak and Daxter game plat mate.

> Restart Button <

Congrats on Jax & Daxter. It's a good game from what I remember... Onto Jak II I assume....

I also just saw that you had that accident. Be thankful that you were unscathed as car crashes usaully hurt someone. What a merry Chritmas for you huh?
    Last edited by themute88orl; 01-02-2013 at 02:54 PM.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Congrats on the Jak and Daxter plat Daft That is the one in the series I never played. I put a ton of time into Jak 2 from what I can remember.

Sig by Bladia

Retired...

Congrats on the Jak & Dexter platinum. I am glad I could help you whatever you need. I am always here to help you bro.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Congrats on the Jak and Daxter plat daft. It took me a little while to get into it but I glad I did. I will say though I hated the camera in the game. I probably died more from jumping to my death then by enemies because of the camera.

what will be first for you in the new year?

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Royal Flush X2

Congrats on Jak & Daxter . Jak II is much tougher but I know you can easily handle it. Np with the online titles and icons as you were a great boosting partner. That's the way to work on SFIV on and off while playing other games as I had to do that. I will look foward the day you get that SFIV List always looks great I like reading these descriptions the best.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Jak and Daxter platinum dude

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Congrats on Jak and Daxter and all the online for SFIV! Fighting games are tough, and I'm not very good at them, which makes me question why I started playing Mortal Kombat again, and you should learn how to make banners, it's not difficult once you learn the tools

Edit: I just read about your experience last week! Dude, you're lucky to be alive, I'm glad that you're okay and just walked away with a bit of a scare.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

A plat a month!

Congrats on Jak & Daxter. Way to squeeze one more plat in 2012!

Local Drunk

Congrats on platting Jak and Daxter mate

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Congrats on the first Jak and Daxter game plat mate.
    Thanks. Wasn't too bad at all
    Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    Congrats on Jax & Daxter. It's a good game from what I remember... Onto Jak II I assume....

I also just saw that you had that accident. Be thankful that you were unscathed as car crashes usaully hurt someone. What a merry Chritmas for you huh?
    Indeed it was! I'm started playing II a few days ago and it's not that great

Thank you in regards to the accident. It sucked and I'm glad neither I nor anyone else was injured. Back on the road though
    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Congrats on the Jak and Daxter plat Daft That is the one in the series I never played. I put a ton of time into Jak 2 from what I can remember.
    Thanks Matt! The first one was pretty fun and nostalgic, but I cannot say the same for II. It's very unforgiving and some parts are tough so far. I'll definitely get the though. It's just a matter of time and determination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Congrats on the Jak & Dexter platinum. I am glad I could help you whatever you need. I am always here to help you bro.
    As always, thanks for your work! I appreciate the visit man!
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    Congrats on the Jak and Daxter plat daft. It took me a little while to get into it but I glad I did. I will say though I hated the camera in the game. I probably died more from jumping to my death then by enemies because of the camera.

what will be first for you in the new year?
    You're right, the camera isn't the best especially going back after the last boss fight.

I'm guessing my first will be Jak II, but that's always subject to change. It would be kinda nice to see them all in a row on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Congrats on Jak & Daxter . Jak II is much tougher but I know you can easily handle it. Np with the online titles and icons as you were a great boosting partner. That's the way to work on SFIV on and off while playing other games as I had to do that. I will look foward the day you get that SFIV List always looks great I like reading these descriptions the best.
    As were you! I will definitely have it this year! Thanks again for the visit, Omni!
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the Jak and Daxter platinum dude
    Thanks Dragon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazikiller View Post
    Congrats on Jak and Daxter and all the online for SFIV! Fighting games are tough, and I'm not very good at them, which makes me question why I started playing Mortal Kombat again, and you should learn how to make banners, it's not difficult once you learn the tools

Edit: I just read about your experience last week! Dude, you're lucky to be alive, I'm glad that you're okay and just walked away with a bit of a scare.
    Thanks Blazi! I really have to thank Omni for that as we played a lot to finish them off. I'm not the best at fighting games either, but I do enjoy them

I probably will learn once I can get my hands on a decent program or learn to use gimp properly.

Thank you and I am truly lucky to be alive. It was the scariest moment in my life. Still recovering from it mentally...
    Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Congrats on Jak & Daxter. Way to squeeze one more plat in 2012!
    Haha. Indeed and thanks! Right before the new year
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Congrats on platting Jak and Daxter mate
    Thanks Feral! It was quite fun!

[top]Out with 2012...in with 2013

So as the year 2012 came to a close, I thought it’d be a good idea to set some new goals for the year 2013 along with some changes to the good ol CL. (in due time)

First, I want to thank anyone who stopped by this year. That alone gave me some motivation to play with the checklist idea. I have to say that I definitely enjoyed making it and keeping up with it. Kind fun to do and motivated me to go back to some games that I’d put down for a while. J I don’t want to name specific people, but you know who you are and thanks for making this site a great one.

Trophy wise, I didn’t do too bad (not that it really matters) but I managed to earn 26 s this year with a total of 990 trophies earned. Some hard, some moderate, and some easy closer to the trophy competition. The best part is that I had immense amounts of fun with my games this year. Some highly anticipated games that I was so happy to play. I also attempted to complete and interesting goal (with some modifications) and happy to say that I completed that goal. I’m going to try in the future to do something similar with trophy numbers, but I’ll really just have to see as I go along with my games.

Non-gaming related though. I moved out from living with my girlfriend of 4 years back home to save money and pay off some school. Kinda sucks but I’m certain we’ll figure it out in the end. I maintained my great job at a highly regarded non-profit institution. Fixed many issues with my car by myself . And finally got a new computer

2012 was great in many ways, but I look forward to the new year and hopefully many more. I’m not really going to be creating any crazy goals this year, but I will set some for myself so I can have some kind of challenge to work towards. It’s good to set goals in life, so I will continue to set some goals with my gaming. Maybe I’ll try not to set the bar so high this time

From here on out, welcome to the new year!

|
    |by Smashguy |

The One and Only

Glad to hear 2012 was an overall great year for you, and let's hope for 2013 to be even better!

Keep it up daftpuppy, and don't forget what I have told others: have fun!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I'm glad to hear that you had an overall good year my good man. I too have had ups and downs but who hasn't. You have done some awesome work with regards to your cl and trophy hunting and set an awesome goal to which, like you said, you achieved . I hope things work out for you financially man and I wish you and your family all the best for this new year, GAME ON!!!!

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Glad to hear you had a good year Daft And wish you an even better year this time around!

Apparently DaftPuppy and BlaziCat should join forces.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Death to zombies!!

Havent been here for a while so congrats on the recent plats and for having a great 2012

Good luck on your goals for 2013

Full English FTW

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

PRO Member

Good luck with your goals for 2013 mate.

PRO Member

[top]I posted a thread about this, but may have worded it incorrectly so people may think it's spam.

SDA Prevent Cancer Foundation Marathon

This is really awesome and I've been watching here and there.

Basically a bunch of different speedrunners are doing a charity marathon and it's broadcasting 24/7 live for 7 days.

Only a day or so in and they reached half their goal donation amount of 100k for cancer prevention research.

This is a pretty cool thing they're doing and it's all types of gaming related. Check it out!

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is not spam. It's a gaming marathon lasting 7 days. Enjoy!

|
    |by Smashguy |

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast