Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Daftprophet's Encephalon: A Network of Trophies

This is a discussion on Daftprophet's Encephalon: A Network of Trophies within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Sorry to hear about the YLOD man, hope you can get everything backed up in time....

Lvl 5 - Silver

Sorry to hear about the YLOD man, hope you can get everything backed up in time.

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Gotham's Reckoning

Man that sucks you got the YLOD, seems that every fat PS3 is starting to die now . And at least you managed to bck up most of saves anyway which is the important thing.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

The One and Only

Daft, with YLOD?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! IT CAN'T BE!!!!!!!

I hope you get to save everything you need and get a new PS3 soon. There's some new songs waiting for you when you get back.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Synthwave <3

That really sucks, Daft! I'm sorry to hear that you got a YLOD. I hope you were able to get most of your saves. I wish PS+ gave more space for saves as we have a lot that can't fit on there, which would really suck in the event of a YLOD.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Death to zombies!!

Sorry to hear about that horrid YLOD had my hdd crash a few weeks ago and lost alot of my saves (300hrs of DS saves ) just try to think of it as a fresh start should try the hairdryer trick and see if you can get it to run long enough to get the rest of your saves off

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Local Drunk

Sucks about your YLOD hopefully you can fix the PS3 long enough to get the rest of your saves.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Game on....

Sorry to hear about the YLOD. Nearly all PS3 gamers who trophy hunt have probably experienced it. My fatty 40Gb PS3 got the YLOD and i lost all my save data (lesson learned with backing up saves to a memory stick). Hopefully you get it sorted and don't lose any save data.

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Sorry to hear about the YLOD. Nearly all PS3 gamers who trophy hunt have probably experienced it. My fatty 40Gb PS3 got the YLOD and i lost all my save data (lesson learned with backing up saves to a memory stick). Hopefully you get it sorted and don't lose any save data.
    Can you still save back up data on a memory stick? I used to in the past, but now when I try to do that it only shows a PS+ symbol. I think they disabled the USB stick method.

EDIT: Okay, it looks like I can actually do USB saves for most of the games, but a few that I clicked on it only gave me a PS+ option. Strange, but at least now I can see that they haven't all been disabled. Phew!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Sorry about your ps3 mate,that truly is a shitter and i genuinely feel for you.I hope your able to save the other things as i was fortunate enough to do so on mine and i wish the same luck upon yourself mate.I know what you mean when you say its not the end of the world but it is just something you can do without.Best of luck mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Notorious K.I.D.

Sorry to hear about your YLOD. I'm hoping you're able to remedy the situation as soon as possible. That's the one thing I wish i was able to do, backup saves. I lost saves for all 160+ of my games.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frost425 View Post
    That sucks about the YLOD man >< but at least you got most of your saves out before it happened and hopefully you will be able to save it or backup the rest of your stuff
    I can only hope...
    Quote Originally Posted by the Pirate King View Post
    Sorry to hear about the YLOD man, hope you can get everything backed up in time.
    Thanks. Yeah, it sucks but it was inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    Man that sucks you got the YLOD, seems that every fat PS3 is starting to die now . And at least you managed to bck up most of saves anyway which is the important thing.
    So I hear...too bad because my fatty was fully BC to my knowledge
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Daft, with YLOD? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! IT CAN'T BE!!!!!!! I hope you get to save everything you need and get a new PS3 soon. There's some new songs waiting for you when you get back.
    As soon as I get a working PS3, I'll hit you up
    Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    That really sucks, Daft! I'm sorry to hear that you got a YLOD. I hope you were able to get most of your saves. I wish PS+ gave more space for saves as we have a lot that can't fit on there, which would really suck in the event of a YLOD.
    I wish it had more space too...luckily I'm not too worried about most saves. Just the ones that I have dlc to finish or the game itself is unfinished (Bioshock 2 dlc, Resonance of Fate)
    Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Sorry to hear about that horrid YLOD had my hdd crash a few weeks ago and lost alot of my saves (300hrs of DS saves ) just try to think of it as a fresh start should try the hairdryer trick and see if you can get it to run long enough to get the rest of your saves off
    Yeah. That sucks. That's a lot of lost time for a save too. Thankfully I wasn't that far into Star Ocean, but I backed that one up anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Sucks about your YLOD hopefully you can fix the PS3 long enough to get the rest of your saves.
    Yeah, I'm hoping to work things out this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Once it started running high, I figured it would come eventually so I started to back up my saves for certain games. I'm only missing a few I think so it's not the end of the world...just sucks to start over :/
    Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Sorry about your ps3 mate,that truly is a shitter and i genuinely feel for you.I hope your able to save the other things as i was fortunate enough to do so on mine and i wish the same luck upon yourself mate.I know what you mean when you say its not the end of the world but it is just something you can do without.Best of luck mate
    Thanks John. It does suck, but here's to new horizons
    Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your YLOD. I'm hoping you're able to remedy the situation as soon as possible. That's the one thing I wish i was able to do, backup saves. I lost saves for all 160+ of my games.
    Damn. That's a shitton of lost saves man. I consider myself lucky then to have backed up the saves that I need.

Thanks everyone for the concerns about the dirty Ylod. It truly sucks to come at a time like this (in process of moving) but I will figure it out soon.

[top]Small update (guide) 6/22/2012

On a side note though, my guide was approved and is up so if you have a few mins (not long really) you should check it out. It's a decent game, but requires two motion controllers and is only available in the UK (will have to import it) but it's really interesting. I prefer EA Sports Active 2.0 though...

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Eww...I hate double posting but eh. Soooooooo I broke down and purchased myself a new 320GB slim and I have to say I'm very unimpressed by a lot of things with this model. (seems extremely cheaply made, only TWO usb ports, liars on the storage space 268/298!, etc.) but I'm glad to be playing again :stare: I was using at least 3 ports at a time so this is a major letdown for me. Even the option to rotate the PS symbol was something I enjoyed. Oh well.

[top]Small gaming update 6/24/2012

Resonance of Fate is one trophy away from and that's by choice. It's not a hard one either. I think my total play time including the 2nd lap speed run was about 140 but I know that some of those hours are when I come on here or make some food Thank god I remembered to put this save on the cloud storage. (only a few left I need to extract )

I will not touch this one until the other three games are one trophy from . I'm going to be working on Mirror's Edge next doing the time trials and all as I accidentally packed Dead Space 2, which is what I was working on before RoF. Thanks to all for stopping by and if you haven't already, check out my guide and let me know what you think! It was my first so please don't be too harsh

|
    |by Smashguy |

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Eww...I hate double posting but eh. Soooooooo I broke down and purchased myself a new 320GB slim and I have to say I'm very unimpressed by a lot of things with this model. (seems extremely cheaply made, only TWO usb ports, liars on the storage space 268/298!, etc.) but I'm glad to be playing again :stare: I was using at least 3 ports at a time so this is a major letdown for me. Even the option to rotate the PS symbol was something I enjoyed. Oh well.

Resonance of Fate is one trophy away from and that's by choice. It's not a hard one either. I think my total play time including the 2nd lap speed run was about 140 but I know that some of those hours are when I come on here or make some food Thank god I remembered to put this save on the cloud storage. (only a few left I need to extract )

I will not touch this one until the other three games are one trophy from . I'm going to be working on Mirror's Edge next doing the time trials and all as I accidentally packed Dead Space 2, which is what I was working on before RoF. Thanks to all for stopping by and if you haven't already, check out my guide and let me know what you think! It was my first so please don't be too harsh
    I had no idea the 320 Slim was so cheaply made. I guess we had no idea what we were missing. That's the PS3 we started with and now we have 2 of them.

Good luck on all of your plats! I can't wait to see all of them in a row!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    I had no idea the 320 Slim was so cheaply made. I guess we had no idea what we were missing. That's the PS3 we started with and now we have 2 of them.

Good luck on all of your plats! I can't wait to see all of them in a row!
    Well the slim is good (more efficient and all) but there are some setbacks from the fatty to slim. Most of which I already mentioned. It's not a bad system, but I think other than the overheating/Ylod issue, the fatty is far more superior. I miss my 4 USB ports and having the option to orient the PS symbol ...I'll stop whining though since I can at least play my games now

|
    |by Smashguy |

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Jesus man,another one who didnt hang about getting a new ps3.It honestly is like losing a limb,we just cant cope with out it .Glad to see your back to gaming and i do agree with you about the fatty model.I have a reconditioned one from Sony as ive always liked the 60gb model as i feel its quite unique in its own way.I did have the opportunity to get a slim but opted for the fatty version again since i love it so much.I hope you come to like your new friend mate and good luck with your trophy goals too

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Level 5 Esper

I had the exact same reaction you had when you bought the new slim. I loved plugging in my PsEye + 2 charger cables + my iPod when I game, but alas, no longer I actually took out the spinning PS symbol from my old PS3 and put it beside my new slim Move Fitness looks like a pretty interesting game and the guide is cleanly written (I'm no expert, but that's my opinion). If I lived in the UK, I would probably try it when I'm not playing PES
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Jesus man,another one who didnt hang about getting a new ps3.It honestly is like losing a limb,we just cant cope with out it .Glad to see your back to gaming and i do agree with you about the fatty model.I have a reconditioned one from Sony as ive always liked the 60gb model as i feel its quite unique in its own way.I did have the opportunity to get a slim but opted for the fatty version again since i love it so much.I hope you come to like your new friend mate and good luck with your trophy goals too
    I know. I probably shouldn't have bought a new one, but you're totally right...it's like an appendage that I couldn't be without. Especially now that my girlfriend is moving four hours away to go to grad school. I'll need this to keep me company. Luckily I will also be close to all of my friends now so I have that

Quote Originally Posted by Frost425 View Post
    I had the exact same reaction you had when you bought the new slim. I loved plugging in my PsEye + 2 charger cables + my iPod when I game, but alas, no longer I actually took out the spinning PS symbol from my old PS3 and put it beside my new slim Move Fitness looks like a pretty interesting game and the guide is cleanly written (I'm no expert, but that's my opinion). If I lived in the UK, I would probably try it when I'm not playing PES
    Thanks for checking out my guide! I really appreciate it. I may remove that symbol and try and fashion it into my new PS3 somehow without breaking it. Yeah. I usually used three ports at all times as well. I guess I could get a port expander if need be though Thanks for stopping by and if you have two move controllers, I recommend Move Fitness. You can find it on Ebay like I did since it's not in the states. It's alright, but EA Sports Active 2 is much better....but the closed the servers for that one

|
    |by Smashguy |

Level 5 Esper

Thanks for checking out my guide! I really appreciate it. I may remove that symbol and try and fashion it into my new PS3 somehow without breaking it. Yeah. I usually used three ports at all times as well. I guess I could get a port expander if need be though Thanks for stopping by and if you have two move controllers, I recommend Move Fitness. You can find it on Ebay like I did since it's not in the states. It's alright, but EA Sports Active 2 is much better....but the closed the servers for that one
    Well, since the old PS is dead ~ may it RIP ~ you can carefully take it apart and try to find it. There's a clip of some sort that stops it from basically falling out on its own. You'll just have to use a small screwdriver and mess it until you can get the clip off. Yes you can get a port expander, but it's the principle of the matter I only have 1 move controller, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind should I ever visit the UK
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

PRO Member

Currently sitting at 17/50 stars for Mirror's Edge time trials. I have two stars on each up to Chase. Slowly but surely I'll have this bad boy in the wraps too

|
    |by Smashguy |

PRO Member

Good luck my friend with Mirror's edge. I'll be attempting those time trials soon.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast