Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Voltergeist's Shocking and Spooky Checklist

This is a discussion on Voltergeist's Shocking and Spooky Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Very nice work on the Batman:AC platinum man,well done.That looks like one well earned platinum and you surely do deserve ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Very nice work on the Batman:AC platinum man,well done.That looks like one well earned platinum and you surely do deserve it.I look forward to reading what you thought about it mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Where The Wind Blows

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Nice job with Batman: Arkham City Volt! I hear the others aren't as tough as Batman's challenges. Some of those predator challenges were shite. Did you think this one was harder than Arkham Asylum?
    It was a ton harder than AA, because AA's difficulty was found primarily in Combat Challenges. Those, I feel, are nearly 100% skill-based, and enough practice can net you them. Predator Challenges like AC's, on the other hand, involve an aggravating amount of luck. Unless one has truly Riddler-level planning skills, you're forced to rely on Youtube videos for a reliable strategy - because if you try to formulate your own, some variable will appear. Enemies will spot you when they hadn't before, the thug you want to target will run a different path, etc.

Not to mention my most hated variable of all - enemies shooting down vantage points. Admittedly, this was better than simply saying "no vantage points" like AA's extreme predator challenges did, but it was still quite aggravating when an airtight strategy could be destroyed in two shots.

So yeah, a lot harder than AA. I'd rank my first plat-through of AA an 8/10 difficulty, but Arkham City's gonna get a 9/10 at least.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

PRO Member

I gotcha. Those preds were extremely annoying for sure. Well congrats again on getting the and good luck with getting 100%

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Where The Wind Blows

Been a while, huh?

I didn't forget about this checklist, actually - I decided that, after letting it get out of date, I'd just wait to do my big update until I'd done the impossible and gotten my Arkham City 100%. Which I have.

Anyways,

- Updated Mini-Bio (added blog link)
    - Updated my custom trophycard (with Gravity Falls beavers!) and added it to the thread
    - Added thoughts for all games and DLC up through Arkham City

- Added Arkham City to completed
    - Added Catwoman DLC, Robin DLC, Nightwing DLC, and Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC to completed Arkham City DLCs
    - Added Skyrim to completed
    - Added Portal 2 to completed (Thanks to my coop buddy, Digitalman123!)

Skyrim and Portal 2 descriptions are still coming, but considering my reviews are going to be "Awesome, agree with all the normal statements about this game," you're not missing much.

Not sure what I'm going for next. Replat the inFamous series or take on the J&D Collection for the first time? What do you all think?

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by Voltergeist View Post
    Been a while, huh?

I didn't forget about this checklist, actually - I decided that, after letting it get out of date, I'd just wait to do my big update until I'd done the impossible and gotten my Arkham City 100%. Which I have.

Anyways,

- Updated Mini-Bio (added blog link)
    - Updated my custom trophycard (with Gravity Falls beavers!) and added it to the thread
    - Added thoughts for all games and DLC up through Arkham City

- Added Arkham City to completed
    - Added Catwoman DLC, Robin DLC, Nightwing DLC, and Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC to completed Arkham City DLCs
    - Added Skyrim to completed
    - Added Portal 2 to completed (Thanks to my coop buddy, Digitalman123!)

Skyrim and Portal 2 descriptions are still coming, but considering my reviews are going to be "Awesome, agree with all the normal statements about this game," you're not missing much.

Not sure what I'm going for next. Replat the inFamous series or take on the J&D Collection for the first time? What do you all think?
    Nice checklist buddy

Depends. You can always glitch your way to the Jak plats (2 and 3 that is, but 1 isn't hard), but if not then Maybe try the inFAMOUS series. You could use a break for some easy plats after that AC 100%

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Both series are awesome, Jak and Daxter doesnt take long and are amazing games. Since you haven't played them, I recommend that you play them before replaying the inFamous series Also, congrats on all of your 100%, especially Arkham City!

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Gotham's Reckoning

Well done on getting Arkham City to 100%. That is something I need to get around to once I get my hands on a PSN card.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Congrats on 100% Batman: AC and have fun with the game you choose. I would go for Infamous and Jak intermittently to prevent burnout...but that's just me.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Platinum Procrastinator

Congrats in getting Batman AC to 100%. As for going for either inFAMOUS or Jak & Daxter, I'd recommend inFAMOUS even though I've never played them before. I played the Jak & Daxter series on the PS2 and again on the PS3 but hated them by the end. The first game is easy to plat, but 2 and 3 and take awhile do to trying to find all of the precursor eggs and not to mention, Daxter is SOOOOOO annoying.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

worlds biggest welch fan

nice checklist looks sharp.
    one day i need to sit down a creat one of these.

game it up
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Congrats on all your progress man,thats a mighty fine update right there even if it has been a while .As for the next game to play,i agree with Denaratuck.Infamous is an awesome game and i loved it and i havent played Jak and Daxter so cant really say much in that area lol.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Where The Wind Blows

I think I'm going to go ahead with the inFamous series. It'll let me get one of my all time favorite games for my tenth platinum, and I think I'd rather go back to those old grounds instead of testing out the J&D series. Those'll be next, though.

Where The Wind Blows

Updated inFAMOUS's status after finishing my Hero playthrough last night. I've done all the annoying trophies like stunts on that playthrough, so I can just have fun on Evil. (Well, except for grinding for EXP.)

I've added de Blob 2 and Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition to my collection. Anybody got some tips on how to best 100% (not just platinum but all DLC) New Vegas? I'm sure I'll be going for that soon.

Platinum Procrastinator

Sounds like you'll be adding the inFAMOUS 2 plat to your collection soon so good luck with that and also for attempting 100% on Fallout New Vegas when you start it. I hear its better than Fallout 3, which if that's true, it'll be an amazing game as I loved Fallout 3 except for all of the freezing issues.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Where The Wind Blows

- Added inFAMOUS platinum
    - Updated LeeMcD trophycard
    - Added system for marking new platinums (new plats are in purple, repeat plats from BlueBulletBill are in black)

Looks like the long-term gaming forecast is in, too.

- inFAMOUS Series
    - Jak and Daxter Series
    - Fallout Series
    - de Blob 2

And all of that's subject to be interrupted by the R&C series once the collection comes out.

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition to my collection. Anybody got some tips on how to best 100% (not just platinum but all DLC) New Vegas? I'm sure I'll be going for that soon.
    Having 100% in New Vegas, there isn't much to the DLC. Just do it all after you do the main story, but heed the suggested level warnings as they are important before entering a new DLC. For platinum, go to the Vegas Strip, once you get inside the Vegas Strip, makes 3 saves, one for each playthrough. Also, somewhere along the line, before you get to the end of one of your playthroughs, but not at the end. Decide which character you want to use for DLC and make ANOTHER save for that. Finish all your playthroughs and make sure you get all those trophies. Then go for the DLC, along the way cleaning up whatever other trophies needed for platinum. Then finish off DLC. Sorry, I love Fallout so much and I couldn't pass an opportunity to help you out, need any help or tips on either game, let me know

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Crysis 3

Where The Wind Blows

No problem. The advice was just what I was looking for.

I think I've got the ending-saves strategy down, but there's another trophy situation that worries me. How do I go about getting all those stupid "Do 10000 damage with your left testicle" trophies? I can see getting guns and energy weapons easily, but melee, explosives, and unarmed do not fit my F3 style at all. Any good places to exploit or powerlevel these?

The One and Only

Your checklist is looking pretty strong! Keep it up!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

No problem. The advice was just what I was looking for.

I think I've got the ending-saves strategy down, but there's another trophy situation that worries me. How do I go about getting all those stupid "Do 10000 damage with your left testicle" trophies? I can see getting guns and energy weapons easily, but melee, explosives, and unarmed do not fit my F3 style at all. Any good places to exploit or powerlevel these?
    Best just to keep something handy and whenever you come across some lower level enemies, just have to work it out with them It actually doesnt take too long, just focus on certain weapon until the trophy pops, and for the food trophy, stock up on food and always lose it when you're losing health for the 10,000 food point healed. Trust me, it'll all come in time. A good item for unarmed, is the ballistic fist, you find it on Caesar's men. It does lots of damage and counts as Unarmed.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Crysis 3

Congrats on the Infamous plat man,well done.An awesome game indeed and i cant wait to get to #2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast