Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Museless Checklist

This is a discussion on A Museless Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; [Image Missing] About Me I’m TheMuselessOne, and I’m a full-time college student over at Boise State. I’ve been gaming for ...

PRO Member

A Museless Checklist

[Image Missing]

About Me

I’m TheMuselessOne, and I’m a full-time college student over at Boise State. I’ve been gaming for almost a couple solid decades now. Started with the NES, moved to the PSX and stuck with Sony ever since. Don’t know if I can really be considered a trophy hunter, since I’ll play games for the enjoyment of the game itself, and let whether or not I snag the platinum come as it may. That said, though, I am going to be trying to push myself over this upcoming summer to get through as much as I can, because I graduate in December of this year. Hoping to snag a few more platinums, but we’ll have to see along the ride.

My Platinums

[Image Missing]

Saints Row: The Third

Achieved: February 12, 2012
    Game Rating: 9/10 Excellent
    Trophy Difficulty: 3/10 Easy
    Most Challenging Trophy: Porkchop Sandwiches

I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign in Saints Row: The Third. It was goofy, but its goofiness and charm were complemented well with smooth gameplay. The challenges, once you hit endgame and have to just clean the last few of them up, can be a bit on the grindy side, but at the same time, there really isn't much left there by then. I found it to be a bit easy just to pick off the last bit. Porkchop Sandwiches got my bid for toughest trophy in large part because of the Hard Trail Blazing route in Luchadores territory. It gave me nigh endless fits, and likely took me a good 3 or 4 hours just trying to get that route down.

[Image Missing]

Burnout Paradise

Achieved: March 11, 2012
    Game Rating: 8/10 Very Good
    Trophy Difficulty: 2/10 Smooth
    Most Challenging Trophy: Earn Your Burnout Driving License

Burnout's just one of those nice driving games that sets itself apart from the competition by not falling into the trap where it becomes all too "samey," by giving the player a fair amount of things to do aside from the standard "Get in the car, sit down, shut up, race" mentality we get in titles such as Need For Speed and Gran Turismo. Instead, we can race, do a myriad of stunts all throughout Paradise City, crash into a bunch of cars in Showtime or Road Rage, or really just explore and find new billboards and gates to smash through. Earn Your Burnout Driving License got my nod as the most challenging primarily because it's the conclusion of it all, and the rest are fairly simple. As has been said countless times before, you will miss Send a Mugshot or Smugshot if you don't have a PS Eye.

[Image Missing]

Tekken 6

Achieved: March 18, 2012
    Game Rating: 8/10 Very Good
    Trophy Difficulty: 6/10 Testy
    Most Challenging Trophy: Machine Crusher

One of my favorite fighting game franchises since the PSX came through yet again with a nice gem this generation in Tekken 6. As someone who came into the game with knowledge of the basic combos and playstyles for a good chunk of the characters, I didn't find myself having much trouble in the large scheme of things, and Lars was fairly easy to pick up and go with in the Scenario Campaign mode. I was glad that the majority of the trophies came from that mode, as it's not too often that we really get a nice cohesive story mode in fighting games, and it was a pleasant surprise. Machine Crusher... yeah... NANCY-MI847J is annoying beyond belief. Nightmare Train isn't too terribly bad for What a Nightmare, but the real nightmare lies with NANCY.

[Image Missing]

Borderlands

Achieved: April 27, 2012
    Game Rating: 10/10 Must-Own!
    Trophy Difficulty: 4/10 Not Too Taxing
    Most Challenging Trophy: Ding! Champion

Borderlands is quite easily my favorite game thus far on this generation of consoles. No question about it. I found myself quite handily immersed in the story and in Pandora at large as a world. Usually, I am not a fan of being behind the FPS reticule, and would prefer other genres to shooters most days of the week, but I found myself putting that aside because the Role-Playing and Customization element of each character is just that damn good. The trophies are rather straightforward, though slightly grindy near the end, so my "most challenging" pick of Ding! Champion was due primarily to it being the capstone. You'll pick up Destroyed the Destroyer by around 36 or 37.

[Image Missing]

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Achieved: April 28, 2012
    Game Rating: 7/10 Good
    Trophy Difficulty: 2/10 Smooth
    Most Challenging Trophy: Hand Over Fish

A nice little port from the PS2 that I never actually got a chance to play back in last gen, mainly due to my interests largely being tied up in other titles back then, Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is a nice little romp around game, not too taxing, and actually a nice game to relax with as a break from other games. There were only two trophies that held themselves in contention for my "most challenging," those being Hand Over Fish, which eventually got the nod, and The Super Orberator, which was more flustering because I ended up missing around 120 orbs across the stages by the end, and was roaming between the lot of them looking for anywhere from 7 to 30 orbs. Hand Over Fish is more inherently difficult in that the fishing mini-game can be brutally unforgiving if you don't get yourself in a groove with the rhythm and sensitivity of the analog movement.

[Image Missing]

Assassin's Creed II

Achieved: May 9, 2012
    Game Rating: 9/10 Excellent
    Trophy Difficulty: 4/10 Not Too Taxing
    Most Challenging Trophy: Sweeper

Simply put, I enjoyed the hell out of Assassin's Creed II, and I'm glad to be able to add it to my list of platinum trophies. The difficulty of the game's "feat-based" trophies really depends on how systematic you are in going about your gameplay, with the most notable of these being In Memory of Petruccio, for getting all 100 feathers. There's only really one or two semi-luck based trophies, and one of them, Sweeper, earned my Most Challenging nod. You've got to sweep 5 guards in one move, and with how they move about and position themselves, that is not a said and done task in of itself. The hardest part is ensuring you stay alive through the combat long enough to get lucky with it.

In Progress

inFamous7%
    Goal: Hard Finish, Evil Finish

Dead Nation21%
    Goal: Double the Action, Mediocrity

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 201056%
    Goal: PLATINUM

Batman: Arkham Asylum 12%
    Goal: Perfect Knight, Big Bang

On Deck (no particular order – suggestions would be appreciated)

- 3D Dot Game Heroes
    - Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
    - Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
    - Dragon Age: Origins
    - Fallout 3
    - Final Fantasy XIII
    - God of War
    - God of War II
    - God of War III
    - Jak II
    - Jak 3
    - Naughty Bear: Gold Edition
    - Portal 2
    - Prince of Persia (2008)
    - Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    - Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
    - Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
    - Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
    - Red Dead Redemption GOTY
    - Skate 3
    - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
    - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13

Pre-Ordered

- Batman: Arkham City GOTY
    - Borderlands 2
    - Lollipop Chainsaw
    Last edited by TheMuselessOne; 06-01-2012 at 12:01 PM.

The One and Only

Awesome start. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

First reply

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Local Drunk

Nice start mate I like it, it's neat.

Btw you should pick up Assassin's Creed II before playing the other 2 so you know the story.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yeah i agree with Feral, AC II is a must before you play the others. Brotherhood is a carry on. Also it will take a long time to get platinum on it.

PRO Member

Very nice start to your list indeed. I look forward to future updates.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Heavy Metal Rules!!!!!

Nice start on your cl. Finish Assassin's Creed II first
    ****My Trophy Card****

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome Sig made by iGame
    Backblast's Platinum List

PRO Member

Alright, seems like everyone wants me to go after ACII first, and it's already in the In Progress list, so once I'm done with Finals and the like, I'll get that going.

Thanks for the comments, all. If you have any comments/critiques for how I can make the checklist better, just tell me.

Local Drunk

Lol sorry mate I missed it sitting there my bad, but yeah just keep at it.

PRO Member

No worries. Suppose I should've made it a little clearer in the first post (and when I can get around to it, I will), but I usually like to try and keep 3 or 4 games in the "In Progress" list, mainly so that it focuses my attention toward those and away from my game library at large, but also so I don't burn myself out on a game in frustration. I'll rotate out games when I hit my intended goal with them, which may or may not be the platinum.

Right now, for example, my goal with inFamous is to complete a full playthrough down the evil path on hard. That way, I can come back to it a bit later and play the good route on easy to just do cleanup duty for the Platinum when I'm ready to return to it.

I'll go ahead and throw the intended goals up next to each game.

Local Drunk

Not your fault mate, it was just my blindness lol. Smart way to do it mate Yeah I'm the same don't want to burn out.

Good way to go. Yeah the good playthrough on Infamous is a lot easier I've found.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Looks very nice - keep up the good work!

I also cast my vote for your finishing up ACII as soon as you can!

Change is mediocre

Looking good here, nice work

PRO Member

Alright, the votes have it; as soon as I get back from turning in one of my final class portfolios today, I'll be targeting Assassin's Creed II. By the end of the day, I expect it to be at or around 50% trophy completion.

With that in mind, please, feel free to target which game in my On Deck list should replace Assassin's Creed II when I get the platinum! I'll be taking input from you guys as well as my own fancy at the time to replace things, but my opinion can be swayed by good arguments.

Also, I found Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY used at my local GameStop, and picked that up. It's been added to my list of On Deck games. Arkham City GOTY has been added to my list of pre-ordered titles.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Very good start to your cl my friend.Great layout and good descriptions too.Good luck in your future platinum hunting mate,i look forward to seeing the list grow

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Platinum Get: Assassin's Creed II

Level 5 Esper

Nice start to your checklist man!! I like it ~ it's organized and easy to read!! And don't worry about whether or not you're a trophy hunter lol It's more important to play games for enjoyment than plowing through a terrible game for the plat.

Also...

Grats on your ACII plat!!
    Now play brotherhood and then revelations while you're at it lol
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

PRO Member

Congrats on your new platinum! I agree with Frost. Go play Brotherhood while II is still fresh in the mind.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Local Drunk

Congrats on platting ACII mate

I love football season!

Congrats on the new and kudos for a good looking checklist. Keep up the good work!

iCard by pittsteeler36

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on the AC2 plat mate,well done.I thought it was a great game and its a popual plat too.Keep it up mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast