Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jakintosh's Summer Checklist

This is a discussion on Jakintosh's Summer Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; [hide] [top] 100%'s Summer 2012 May 1st Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing This was surprisingly one of the most ...

Indie Game Developer

Jakintosh's Trophy Stuff

[top]100%'s Summer 2012

May 1st Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing
    This was surprisingly one of the most fun kart racers I've ever played. The mission mode was a little uninspired, and the Cups took about 45 minutes to beat all of them, but the handling of the karts just made it a blast to play. I had bought this game over a year ago on the recommendation of a friend, and it had been sitting at 16% on my trophy list since then. I had an itch for a kart racer, and I ended up knocking this out in two days.
    May 9th Trine 2
    Got this for free from PS+, and I was in the mood for something new. I was a little hesitant because I heard how easy the platinum was, and I didn't want to taint my collection with something that would look like I was out for easy trophies. I ended up playing it anyway, but was unfortunately disappointed. It wasn't really that much fun, and it was over too quick.
    May 16th Ico
    I had missed out on this game when it initially came out on PS2, and with it being coupled with Shadow of the Colossus, I just had to get the collection. I started playing this game back in October, and managed to get every trophy besides the 2 hour speed run on my first two play-throughs. It's been at 90% completion for months now, and I decided to finally finish it. It took about 6 hours (and only one play through, with lots of reloading saves) to do it, but it was worth it. The game's controls haven't aged well, but the frustration pays off in the end. I finished the game in 1:58:59 to get Castle Guide and the Platinum.
    June 10th Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    I was pretty excited to play this game when I got my vita. It really holds up to the Uncharted name, and I can't wait to see what Sony Bend can continue to do with the IP on the Vita, as I'm sure they are more than capable of unlocking the Vita's power, much like Naughty Dog has done on the PS3. Overall this game was great, and not too difficult, however the bounty trophies were absolutely retarded.
    June 17th Super Stardust Delta (Vita)
    This was one of the games that made me buy a Vita. I loved SSDHD on the PS3, and I just had to have more. Getting the 100% wasn't as hard as it was on the PS3, but it was still a challenge. The visuals are amazing for a handheld, and it feels great with the dual analogs. If you have a Vita, this is a must buy.
    July 16th Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
    I did not have high expectations going into this game, but it turned out to be one of the best games I've played in a while. The Co-op experience is amazing, I don't recommend playing this game alone. While at first it doesn't feel like a traditional Ratchet game, if you play with 2 or 3 other friends, you'll soon understand why it deserves to use that brand. The platinum was a fair challenge, with a good variety of requests. All in all, a fun plat and a great game.
    July 31st Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    I'm a pretty vocal hater of Call of Duty, but a few years back my younger brother got really into MW2 on the 360. We had some fun playing online together, but our Xbox was sold about 2 years ago. He now has MW3 for PS3, and when we saw Terminal was coming back as a map we got excited to play it, but when we found out it wasn't coming to PS3 for a while after the 360 got it, we went out and bought a copy of MW2 for PS3. We tried to beat all the Spec Ops in one day (got as far as Snatch and Grab), and within the month I had my first (and probably only) Call of Duty Platinum. It was good fun, the Spec Ops were a blast and the Campaign on Veteran was challenging, if not a little broken. All in all, I'm glad I played it.
    August 11th Sound Shapes (Vita)
    I really don't know how to describe this game, without just saying "Go buy it." It's the 2D musical version of LBP, it just makes you smile, and gives you a ton of creation tools to make fantastic levels. The Platinum involved finishing some tough challenge maps, but nothing terribly hard. One of my favorite games of the summer. I also refused to play it on my PS3, because I feel like getting a double platinum is cheating, and dilutes the value of a platinum.
    August 16th Papo & Yo
    This was a great little PSN game that I really enjoyed. It's very thought provoking, and symbolic, and is equally enjoyable for both kids and adults. The hardest part about this 100% was getting all of the hats, because there was no guide at the time. I believe I was in among the first 10 to 15 people to get the 100%, but there should be a hat guide out there now. A quick, fun game.

[top]Gran Turismo 5 Progress

So, the way I play is that I don't move on from an event in this game until I get the gold. That should make it so that Gold Standard will come as I finish the game anyway. So if I have an event listed as complete, it means I have the gold.

A-Spec Level: 34.2
    B-Spec Level: 31.3
    # of Cars: 144
    Total Distance Driven: 17,754.1 km
    GT-R Best Lap: 7.25.528
    A-Spec/B-Spec Career
    Beginner Series
    Amateur Series
    Professional Series

Expert Series
    Extreme Series (8/9)
    Endurance Series (5/9)
    License Tests
    National B License
    National A License
    International C License
    International B License

International A License
    Super License (0/10)
    Special Events
    Gran Turismo Karting Experience
    Jeff Gordon NASCAR School
    Top Gear Test Track

AMG Driving Academy
    Gran Turismo Rally
    Grand Tour (0/5)
    Sébastien Loeb Rally Challenge
    Sebastian Vettel X Challenge (0/3)

[top]Games in Progress

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing
    Trine 2
    Ico
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
    Modern Warfare 2
    Sound Shapes
    Singularity 92%
    Rock Band 2 75%
    Gran Turismo 5 71%
    LittleBigPlanet 2 50%
    WipEout 2048 43%
    Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational 38%
    Shadow of the Colossus 36%
    Sports Champions 24%
    Dark Souls 0%
    Mass Effect 2 0%
    Last edited by Jakintosh; 08-21-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

The One and Only

Nice layout. What will happen to the name when summer's over? (Summer hasn't even started yet lol)

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Nice layout. What will happen to the name when summer's over? (Summer hasn't even started yet lol)
    Than it becomes the Fall Checklist , anyways nice layout and best of luck for GT5 plat

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

And DaRe is yet again, first to respond to a checklist. Either way, it sounds like it will look good. The basic layout you have going is nice. And you have a pretty big goal with one platinum a week! Good luck on that!

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Retired

[top]Jakintosh's Next Summer Checklist

I think it's summer, we're getting 45-50 degree celsius over here.

And nice job so far

Local Drunk

I like your idea of this being a summer checklist, very unique

Good luck with Gran Turismo 5 and your other goals mate.

For shame having Mass Effect 2 at 0% lol.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Indie Game Developer

Haha thanks for all the replies so far.

It's summer for me, I'm home for college already, so I'm officially on vacation until late August

But yeah, once this is done, I'll probably make it into a like "Fall Semester Checklist" or something. I've also got a bunch of other things I want to do with this, like maybe some fitness goals as well... hopefully I'll have the time to get them all down. I didn't want to restrict it just to gaming, which is why I've got the books in there for now too

I plan on fleshing this out more, making some banner images and putting in like, plat images and stuff. I definitely want to make it more appealing to the eye, but I just wanted to get this started so I could see how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    For shame having Mass Effect 2 at 0% lol.
    Haha, I know, it'll probably be the first game I start once I settle in with being back home and summer really starts to kick in. I'm a little hesitant about believing I'll be able to finish GT5, Dark Souls, AND ME2 this summer though... I'm thinking I'll be working on all three over the course of the summer and they'll be some of the last plats that I get.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Haha thanks for all the replies so far.

It's summer for me, I'm home for college already, so I'm officially on vacation until late August

But yeah, once this is done, I'll probably make it into a like "Fall Semester Checklist" or something. I've also got a bunch of other things I want to do with this, like maybe some fitness goals as well... hopefully I'll have the time to get them all down. I didn't want to restrict it just to gaming, which is why I've got the books in there for now too

I plan on fleshing this out more, making some banner images and putting in like, plat images and stuff. I definitely want to make it more appealing to the eye, but I just wanted to get this started so I could see how it looks.

Haha, I know, it'll probably be the first game I start once I settle in with being back home and summer really starts to kick in. I'm a little hesitant about believing I'll be able to finish GT5, Dark Souls, AND ME2 this summer though... I'm thinking I'll be working on all three over the course of the summer and they'll be some of the last plats that I get.
    Your plans for this sound good and so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this between drinking sessions lol.

That's the way. It took me a week to finish ME2 and get it to 62% that was just playing it through. So I reckon you'll be able to get those 3 games done during your break

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Good luck on your cl mate,i look forward to seeing how this grows and develops in the future.You have an awesome collection of plats and i think if/when you put some images in here,it will look the shit.Good luck mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Than it becomes the Fall Checklist , anyways nice layout and best of luck for GT5 plat
    I see what you did there Anyway, good luck with your goals Jake. You're super close to the Ico so you should definitely get it. It's actually not that bad. Good luck with GT5

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Indie Game Developer

Sweet, I discovered tables. I think the organization is coming together better now. I threw in a couple plat images, but I'm gonna probably resize them or something, so they are just placeholders for now. I'll keep working on the organization tomorrow, and then start making it actually bearable to look at later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    You're super close to the Ico so you should definitely get it. It's actually not that bad. Good luck with GT5
    Yup, I put Ico down to be this week's plat now

Retired...

Good luck in your pursuit of GT5's platinum but it may take you forever!

You're still hung up on Eiger. Good luck with the rest. You should have no problem golding Monza. Nurburgring will be tough and get ready to cry with Suzuka.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

You have some pretty big goals, good luck achieving those. I won't be able to set up anything like that, my summer doesn't start for over a month and most of my summer involves visiting family and such. -.-

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Indie Game Developer

Holy crap, the 2 hour speed run on Ico is a real bitch.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Holy crap, the 2 hour speed run on Ico is a real bitch.
    Just be persistent and if you mess up at all return to the previous save. It's actually not that bad and I was nervous thinking I wasn't under the 3 hour mark, but if you just make sure you follow the vids you'll be safe. However it is deceiving...be wary of the water wheel jump. It's easy once you know how to do it, but it can be a pain when in a rush. Keep at it Jake!

|
    |by Smashguy |

Indie Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Just be persistent and if you mess up at all return to the previous save. It's actually not that bad and I was nervous thinking I wasn't under the 3 hour mark, but if you just make sure you follow the vids you'll be safe. However it is deceiving...be wary of the water wheel jump. It's easy once you know how to do it, but it can be a pain when in a rush. Keep at it Jake!
    Haha, thanks. The waterwheel section is actually just where I left off for the day... I remember the first time I played through the game, I was stuck on that section for probably an hour and a half. Now I have to do it on my first try

EDIT: The piston jump I actually got on my first try, but the water wheel took a little bit of practice to get the timing down. After about 25 minutes, I had it down perfect. Ended up with a final time of 1:58:59 for the platinum
    Last edited by Jakintosh; 05-16-2012 at 01:25 PM.

PRO Member

Congrats! Once you get the timing down, it's not so bad. You just can't button mash to jump. You have to be precise, but you know that now since you have it!

Now go get SotC

|
    |by Smashguy |

Indie Game Developer

Haha SotC is going to be one hell of a bitch. I only got through the second Colossi on Normal Time Attack before Uncharted 3 arrived at my door, and I haven't really gone back since. I definitely plan on getting it though, because it was really one of the best games I've ever played, even though the controls were way outdated when I played it. It was THAT good.

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what to plat next week, since I won't have my PS3 (just my Vita). My choices are Hot Shots Golf, WipEout 2048, and Uncharted Golden Abyss, and I have to start which ever one I choose from scratch since my old save files were stolen along with my old vita :/

PRO Member

Sorry to hear about the stolen Vita. People are dicks. As for your next plat I say Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Probably little less challenging than Wipeout and more enjoyable than Hot Shots so it's a win/win?

Yeah. SotC controls are janky as hell plus Wanderp is even worse this time around. Fantastic game though.

|
    |by Smashguy |

Indie Game Developer

So, I'm already at Wednesday, but I'm falling a bit behind on this week's goals. I was planning on doing Uncharted this week, but I started really getting back into Hot Shots Golf. Don't think I'm really in the position to plat either of them by the end of the week though

Also, the Steve Jobs book is like 700 pages, and I've only just started it... last week's book ran into this week since it got delivered late from Amazon.

On a side note, some of these crown requirements in HSG are absolutely ridiculous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast