Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

RaveNScythE's Nest Revision:2

This is a discussion on RaveNScythE's Nest Revision:2 within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Good luck on Vanquish. I still have it sitting here unopened but don't really feel the desire to play it. ...

Platinum Procrastinator

Good luck on Vanquish. I still have it sitting here unopened but don't really feel the desire to play it. Actually, I barely feel the desire to play any game at the moment but that's another story altogether.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

2011 Member of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    44th Platinum

The story is a little confusing because of the time travelling system called Historia Crux. I feel like the story has been rushed or something and I didn't quite get the feel of it unlike in XIII where the story is well established. Comparing it to Square's classic Chrono Trigger where the time travelling storyline is well made, FF XIII-2 is not as great as that one. I'm not gonna spoil the ending but for the first time in my life, among all the FF games I played, the ending of FF XIII-2 is not that satisfying. I didn't like the ending on this one, my expression is just like "WTF just happened!?".

Anyway the gameplay makes up for the storyline. It is still as enjoyable as XIII and the Monster taming system is a good addition imo.
    Though there's another problem here, the game is too easy. The battles weren't that challenging and even the ones I was expecting as "super-bosses" weren't that strong. The powerful Long Gui from FF XIII was toned down. It doesn't deal a lot of damage compared before and it can be taken down in under 2-3 minutes. Raspatil and Yomi were also easy to take down as well. I wish there's a powerful monster DLC in the future which I can consider as a super boss.

As for trophies, it's also easy. No grinding needed as there's sufficient CP given to you if you go collecting all the 160 fragments. I had around 90000 extra CP when I maxed out all the roles of Serah and Noel. Well I guess that's it, this is quite long

All right Happy Valentines to everyone
    Congrats on the Plat, Raven

Mista J

44th Platinum

The story is a little confusing because of the time travelling system called Historia Crux. I feel like the story has been rushed or something and I didn't quite get the feel of it unlike in XIII where the story is well established. Comparing it to Square's classic Chrono Trigger where the time travelling storyline is well made, FF XIII-2 is not as great as that one. I'm not gonna spoil the ending but for the first time in my life, among all the FF games I played, the ending of FF XIII-2 is not that satisfying. I didn't like the ending on this one, my expression is just like "WTF just happened!?".

Anyway the gameplay makes up for the storyline. It is still as enjoyable as XIII and the Monster taming system is a good addition imo.
    Though there's another problem here, the game is too easy. The battles weren't that challenging and even the ones I was expecting as "super-bosses" weren't that strong. The powerful Long Gui from FF XIII was toned down. It doesn't deal a lot of damage compared before and it can be taken down in under 2-3 minutes. Raspatil and Yomi were also easy to take down as well. I wish there's a powerful monster DLC in the future which I can consider as a super boss.

As for trophies, it's also easy. No grinding needed as there's sufficient CP given to you if you go collecting all the 160 fragments. I had around 90000 extra CP when I maxed out all the roles of Serah and Noel. Well I guess that's it, this is quite long

All right Happy Valentines to everyone

Thanks dude
    and thanks for dropping by

congrats on that plat man. your cls is looking very nice, keep it up

Awesome Sig by:Beam|Aka bar by:Athena
    Gifts From Friends:
    Alison | Beam & Kid | TG09

Check out the shop- Deja View Sigs

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Good luck on Vanquish. I still have it sitting here unopened but don't really feel the desire to play it. Actually, I barely feel the desire to play any game at the moment but that's another story altogether.
    The game is enjoyable for me It's very fast paced and in a day I already got 32/51 trophies. Gonna take a break for the mean time to do some school requirements

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral09 View Post
    Congrats on the Plat, Raven
    thanks Gen

Quote Originally Posted by jondeere View Post
    congrats on that plat man. your cls is looking very nice, keep it up
    Thanks and It's my first time to see you here on my cl. Thanks for dropping by dude

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Gratz on your new plat!

Hidden Saint

Congratulations on this achievement. I look forward to pick up Final Fantasy XIII for my 10th platinum, and then I should buy this title. I'm actually seeing your progress, and I'm liking it.

Also, good luck on Vanquish, heard that one is really hard.

deviantART
    Check pieces I do on Photoshop

Thunder's Checklist
    Make your opinion about my checklist

The Thundercloud
    Request me some art [closed by now]

Avatar and signature by apokolypz
    Platinum bar by me, request on my shop

No Game No Life

*Checklist Update:
    - Added VANQUISH on the Working On section
    - Special Thanks section is now complete. Added a few bars to make it look nice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackListHunta View Post
    Gratz on your new plat!
    Thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post

Congratulations on this achievement. I look forward to pick up Final Fantasy XIII for my 10th platinum, and then I should buy this title. I'm actually seeing your progress, and I'm liking it.

Also, good luck on Vanquish, heard that one is really hard.
    thanks dude and good luck with FF XIII
    Last edited by RaveNScythE18; 02-23-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Currently Playing:

PRO Member

Your checklist looks amazing raven! Congrats on the ffxiii-2 plat. I just started playing two days ago. Keep up the great work!!
    THIS AWESOME AVY AND SIG BY THE ONE AND ONLY KID420247

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Next Target:

So now I have decided to finally go for the Vanquish platinum. Kerwan was bugging me before to try out this game and so I read different reviews (including Kerwan's) about Vanquish and I took a look at the gameplay and I think it's a great game so I bought it but never tried the game up until now. I am looking forward to the infamous Challenge 6 which is keeping a lot of players from getting the . Well then it's time to play

Good luck in getting the Vanquish mate.You seem to have made a lot of progress already.Now get your work done before you go back on your computer lol

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

No Game No Life

Updated my VANQUISH trophy list. I am already done with challenges 1-3 so there are 3 more left to go.

End to Major Combat Operations
    Complete Act 5.

Mission Accomplished
    Complete Act 5 on Hard difficulty or above.

Survivor
    Complete all Acts

ARS Operator
    Complete all Acts on Hard difficulty or above.

Living Legend
    Complete the game without dying, regardless of difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Good luck in getting the Vanquish mate.You seem to have made a lot of progress already.Now get your work done before you go back on your computer lol
    Thanks dude

Currently Playing:

Regional Manager of War

Three more and you get the , good luck on tactical challenge 4, its the hardest out of the first five.

No Game No Life

Just got my PS Vita

Toggle Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Three more and you get the , good luck on tactical challenge 4, its the hardest out of the first five.
    round 5 was really troublesome for challenge 4. I think I had to repeat the challenge for around 10 times before I managed to perfect it. Good thing I managed to hit the CV with the explosion of that romanov who has a flamethrower which took out a lot of the CV's life then finishing him off with an RPG. Now I'm down to challenge 6, I gave it a few tries just to know the spawns and to get some practice, I managed to reach up to round 5 at least 3 times but well I failed the mission also, need to think some strategy on that round and on round 4. Hopefully I'll get the plat next Sunday because I have to review now lol
    Last edited by RaveNScythE18; 03-11-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Currently Playing:

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on your progress with vanquish man,well done.Be sure to post your shiny new plat in here when you get it so we can all pat you on the back lol.Good luck mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

No Game No Life

Finally got it after 19 tries
    I had around 15 tries of practice for Challenge 6 before I went for the real thing, getting pass rounds 1 and 2 are easy if you know how to use the LFE gun well and then go for the spawn points immediately and get the timing right to quickly dispose of the annoying red robots then a combination of HMG and Shotgun to dispose of the bosses on that round. Round 3 requires timing and it's quite long to explain the strategy I used here, this round is probably the second hardest for this challenge because the Romanovs here are capable of sending you to a mission failed screen many times. Round 4 is just a breeze if you manage to dispose of the other robots quickly then unloading 4 rounds of RPG on the scorpion robots then dash melee to finish them. Round 5 is the hardest round because you have to face 2 Bogeys and some rollers.

I updated the OP with my latest plat and I included my best time for each challenge and I posted the videos which helped me finish Challenge 6

So what's next for me? Maybe I'll just play Uncharted Golden Abyss for awhile

Currently Playing:

PRO Member

Congrats on Vanquish, Raven! How is that game? I haven't really seen enough of it to make a decision on whether I would like it or not.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Congrats on Vanquish, Raven! How is that game? I haven't really seen enough of it to make a decision on whether I would like it or not.
    It's a great game imo that's why I gave it a 10. It's a fast paced third person shooter with some innovative elements like slowing down time for a limited period and dashing like crazy to avoid some attacks and getting into cover quickly. I had a lot of fun playing Vanquish although the story is quite short. Trophies, 49/51 are easy to get but Tactical Challenger is going to take some practice.

Currently Playing:

PRO Member

Good deal. Just read your review and I was always under the impression that it was an FPS...glad it's not as they are not my favorite. I may just have to pick this one up. Have fun with the Vita!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Regional Manager of War

Congrats Raven on Vanquish, no surprise you got the your a PPS member so it was bound to happen. Have fun with Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Royal Flush X2

Big congrats on getting Vanquish platinum, impressive that it only took 19 tries as most have spent a lot more than that.

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Good deal. Just read your review and I was always under the impression that it was an FPS...glad it's not as they are not my favorite. I may just have to pick this one up. Have fun with the Vita!
    Try it out dude I believe it's pretty cheap these days so I guarantee you that your money is worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Congrats Raven on Vanquish, no surprise you got the your a PPS member so it was bound to happen. Have fun with Uncharted Golden Abyss.
    lol thanks dude Yeah I am having fun with Uncharted GA right now although I don't like the motion sensor when aiming so I disabled it

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Big congrats on getting Vanquish platinum, impressive that it only took 19 tries as most have spent a lot more than that.
    thanks dude I thought it will take me a lot more tries than that but I was shocked myself when I managed to do it in 19 tries and got stunned for a couple of minutes saying that "Did I just manage to beat it?! Seriously!?"

I think I might have to go for Challenge 6 again and try to beat it in under 10 minutes

Currently Playing:

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast