Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

the Pirate King's Reign

This is a discussion on the Pirate King's Reign within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 grats on catherine my man, looks like a really funky game i doubt ill ever play ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    grats on catherine my man, looks like a really funky game i doubt ill ever play it haha. though i did try the demo, jus cuz catherine and katherine are appealing to the eye lol
    And there's nothing wrong with playing a game for that reason. I do that sometimes

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

PRO Member

Congrats on platting Catherine Pirate!

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksu25 View Post
    Congrats on platting Catherine Pirate!
    Thanks man

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

PRO Member

Nice job with Catherine! The demo was cool so I'll likely pick it up at some point myself. Congrats!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

member since Oct 2009

Saw you playing Catherine and only having Babel to do. You are the King, congrats on the Catherine plat .

No Game No Life

Great job dude on Catherine I've been planning to go and get a copy of that game but it's quite expensive

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by the Pirate King View Post
    Just got the platinum for Catherine! That was one super hard game. I really enjoyed the story and thought the gameplay was fun but man, getting all gold medals for all levels on hard was almost too hard. Especially the first part of the last boss fight; I spent like 3 hours playing before I finally beat it with a gold rank. And then Babel mode, oh man. I spent so many hours playing Obelisk but I kept failing because all the mystery blocks kept turning into bombs so I went online and found out that if you played it 2 player it is much easier. So I plugged in a second controller and beat it in 2 tries, same for Axis Mundi

Very glad to be done with this one. It was very fun, but I put it off for nearly a year because of how hard it was, haha.
    Big congrats on your new plat man,it sounds like it was rock hard to do and must have been frustrating at first since you put in down for so long,so very well done for going back to it man,you must be dead proud and you should be too

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Nice job with Catherine! The demo was cool so I'll likely pick it up at some point myself. Congrats!
    The game itself is quite fun (although recently I noticed that I cannot go to sleep because when I lay down and get ready for bed, all I can think about is moving blocks to get to the top )

Quote Originally Posted by fillabong View Post
    Saw you playing Catherine and only having Babel to do. You are the King, congrats on the Catherine plat .
    Thanks man, the title is in the name after all, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    Great job dude on Catherine I've been planning to go and get a copy of that game but it's quite expensive
    Good luck if you do get it, it is quite a difficult game and it requires a lot of skill to beat. Although, as a tip, if you do get it, make sure to play Babel mode on pairs instead of singles, it makes the game so much easier

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Big congrats on your new plat man,it sounds like it was rock hard to do and must have been frustrating at first since you put in down for so long,so very well done for going back to it man,you must be dead proud and you should be too
    Yeah, only a few games have made me stop playing them this gen: Killzone 2, Mirror's Edge, Disgaea 3, Deadstorm Pirates, and this one. All of these games were at higher skill levels then I currently had but I was able to overcome them

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

Regional Manager of War

Congrats Pirate King on such a hard plat to a pretty fun game(I'm going off the demo). I ordered Sonic Unleashed from amazon for dirt cheap and am curious to how hard the is?

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Congrats Pirate King on such a hard plat to a pretty fun game(I'm going off the demo). I ordered Sonic Unleashed from amazon for dirt cheap and am curious to how hard the is?
    Sonic Unleashed is a pretty fun game, I enjoyed it myself. But the thing is, the plat is definitely difficult. It's not too hard and it's quite a fun challenge. The only thing that really messes with the difficulty is that some people have trouble beating the game under the given time limits for the Hot Dog missions, the hardest being the one in Eggmanland (which gives you, I think, 45 minutes to beat the level with no mistakes but can be done in a little over 20 minutes). It's no piece of cake but it's definitely doable

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

Regional Manager of War

Sonic Unleashed is a pretty fun game, I enjoyed it myself. But the thing is, the plat is definitely difficult. It's not too hard and it's quite a fun challenge. The only thing that really messes with the difficulty is that some people have trouble beating the game under the given time limits for the Hot Dog missions, the hardest being the one in Eggmanland (which gives you, I think, 45 minutes to beat the level with no mistakes but can be done in a little over 20 minutes). It's no piece of cake but it's definitely doable
    I agree with the game being fun even though most people seem to hate 3D sonic games I never hated any of them . That's good to know that I won't go insane aiming for the or go bored like DMC 2

Lvl 5 - Silver

I agree with the game being fun even though most people seem to hate 3D sonic games I never hated any of them . That's good to know that I won't go insane aiming for the or go bored like DMC 2
    People talk a lot of smack about DMC2 but, actually, it is the only one I played and I didn't really think it was a terrible game

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Just got the platinum for Catherine! That was one super hard game. I really enjoyed the story and thought the gameplay was fun but man, getting all gold medals for all levels on hard was almost too hard. Especially the first part of the last boss fight; I spent like 3 hours playing before I finally beat it with a gold rank. And then Babel mode, oh man. I spent so many hours playing Obelisk but I kept failing because all the mystery blocks kept turning into bombs so I went online and found out that if you played it 2 player it is much easier. So I plugged in a second controller and beat it in 2 tries, same for Axis Mundi

Very glad to be done with this one. It was very fun, but I put it off for nearly a year because of how hard it was, haha.
    congrats on catherine. thats the game i gave up on for now. i just need to do the babel stages and im done unfortunately i dont have two controllers to do it and i really want that plat . how long did hard take you? i did hard on my first playthrough and it too me 26 hours

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Death to zombies!!

Congrats on the Catherine plat seen the game for 20 earlier in the week so have been thinking about picking it up

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Regional Manager of War

People talk a lot of smack about DMC2 but, actually, it is the only one I played and I didn't really think it was a terrible game
    I agree DMC 2 is not a bad game and is pretty decent but the gameplay/story is boring compared to DMC and DMC4. Did you use both controllers by yourself for babel? I am not good with two controllers so I'm better off trying to solo Babel

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    congrats on catherine. thats the game i gave up on for now. i just need to do the babel stages and im done unfortunately i dont have two controllers to do it and i really want that plat . how long did hard take you? i did hard on my first playthrough and it too me 26 hours
    You should try to borrow a controller from someone you know, it really does make the game easier. In terms of play time, I beat the game on Easy first (I always do that so I can enjoy the game and learn how to play) and then got everything. Then I started to get all the golds on Hard. My final time was like 46 hours but I'm not sure how much of it was from Hard mode. All I know is that it took 3 hours for me to gold 9-5...

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Congrats on the Catherine plat seen the game for 20 earlier in the week so have been thinking about picking it up
    If you're up for a challenge then I would recommend you get it

I agree DMC 2 is not a bad game and is pretty decent but the gameplay/story is boring compared to DMC and DMC4. Did you use both controllers by yourself for babel? I am not good with two controllers
    Using 2 controllers wasn't as hard as it sounds because you don't have to use them both at the same time. In this game, it's like you control 2 totally different characters (after all, you do ) but they don't have to be doing anything at the same time. What I did was I had the first character doing all the work and the second character was just standing/hanging there and I only moved her when we both needed to go up when the coast is clear. So, it's not difficult to use both controllers, I thought it was going to be hard to and I totally switched the controllers around the first time I tired and totally failed haha.

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

Lvl 5 - Silver

Just got the platinum for Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 and it was well worth the time I put into playing it. I'm not finished with the game yet, I am still getting all the weapons and stuff and beating all the Coliseum matches. Anyways, I thought this was a good game but the main thing I didn't really like about it was that the main characters from the first game were secondary characters in this one. One of the reasons I liked the first one so much was because of Neptune and her VA (Melissa Fahn). Since she was not in this one as much I was a little disappointed, but Neptune will be the main character in the third game so I am excited about that one.

The combat is different but that's a good thing. I like being able to move around but I don't really like how I can't attack every turn due to enemy distance (there used to be guns for every character in the first one). I did like the new combat and moves, and I was glad that a lot of stuff was still intact from the first game (although this game appears to take place in an alternate reality from the first game). But either way, game was fun and I was glad I was able to recruit the original main characters in my party later on in the game

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

The One and Only

Congratz on your new TPK. Sounds like a game I should try out if I can get to it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Nope, nothing

I haven't checked out this place before

Nice work dude, you've got some really nice platinums

PRO Member

Nice job man! I have heard wonderful things about them and it sounds like they are games I'd enjoy. Keep up the good hunt

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast