Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

the Pirate King's Reign

This is a discussion on the Pirate King's Reign within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Thanks guys. And if you like JRPGs, the I would definitely recommend Hyperdimension Neptunia, Trinity Universe, and the Atelier series. ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Thanks guys. And if you like JRPGs, the I would definitely recommend Hyperdimension Neptunia, Trinity Universe, and the Atelier series. All good JRPGs made by NIS.

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on your new plat pirate,thats a damn fine adition to your already awesome trophy collection,well done.Keep up the good work mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 5 - Silver

Finished Lollipop Chainsaw last night. It was a fun game, definitely made by Suda51 and I enjoyed playing it for the most part.

The story is pretty fun, I was quite surprised at how many pop culture references there were in this game (like to Facebook and Katy Perry) and the only thing that was obnoxious about the story was that there was way too much swearing. Don't get me wrong, I love a good curse word but it felt like they were swearing just to be funny at times, and I didn't really like that. The gameplay itself was a little hard to play given that there weren't many useful combos and that they can be so slow at times. It's nice that you can dodge almost whenever you want but her moves leave her open to a lot of attacks.

I did really like the OST however. It's cool that they give you nearly all the songs in the game to use as BGM any time during the game but some of my favorite songs from the game (namely Zed's boss theme) aren't ones that they give you.

Anyways, I enjoyed the game but it was pretty short so I would recommend to anyone who wants to get it that they wait until the price goes down a little.

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

PRO Member

Nice job getting the for it, but I'll take your advice and wait for the price drop. How long would you say it took?

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Nice job getting the for it, but I'll take your advice and wait for the price drop. How long would you say it took?
    Umm...it probably took like 10-12 hours? And I did more than just get all the trophies, I beat all the difficulties and got all the costumes and art too.

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by the Pirate King View Post
    Umm...it probably took like 10-12 hours? And I did more than just get all the trophies, I beat all the difficulties and got all the costumes and art too.
    Damn that's pretty short, but it seems like you enjoyed it so that's always a plus!

|
    |by Smashguy |

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Damn that's pretty short, but it seems like you enjoyed it so that's always a plus!
    I was fun and I almost always like Suda51's games

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

PRO Member

I don't think I've ever played any of their games so this will most likely be my first unless I get my hands on No More Heroes. Good luck with Dead Storm Pirates!

|
    |by Smashguy |

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on the Lollipop Chainsaw plat mate,well done.I want to check this game out but like daft says,ill probably wait until it drops.Keep up the great work man

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Grats on your newest plat Pirate! It does seem as though the game is quite short if you did all difficulties etc, in that time. Glad it was fun though!

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Lvl 5 - Silver

Well, just got the Shadows of the Colossus plat and man did I hate that game. The reason why I bought this (and ICO too, which I also hated) was because I was always hearing great things about this game but somehow, they messed up the PS3 port. In the game, you climb the colossus and it expends stamina. Well, in the PS3 version, every time that a colossus moves even in the slightest, for some reason the main character flops around like a fish so it is very frustrating to play.

Anyways, that game is finished and the next one on my list is Max Anarchy! (Or Anarchy Reigns for the US title).

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

Death to zombies!!

Congrats on the new plat i was thinking of picking up the HD collection as people have been praising the ps2 game. Would you recommend it for someone that has never played it? Anarchy Redigns looks like a lot of fun, trailers remind me of Power stone which was awesome.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Congrats on the new plat i was thinking of picking up the HD collection as people have been praising the ps2 game. Would you recommend it for someone that has never played it? Anarchy Redigns looks like a lot of fun, trailers remind me of Power stone which was awesome.
    That's why I bought it too. However, the PS3 version is kinda different than the PS2 version, it is much more frustrating due to your character having no balance in the remake. So, if you don't care about trophies really (especially the hard time trial one) then you can go ahead and get this game because even though the game can be frustrating, it is still doable.

And yes, Anarchy Reigns is going to be a lot of fun. I've been playing the demo almost every day since it was released on the Japanese PSN haha.

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

PRO Member

Wow. Congrats on SotC. Glad you got to experience it on the PS3 at least. I own both copies and there is a reason why we call him Wanderp He is definitely broken on the PS3 version, but such a fantastic game and it's quite tough for that reason. I'm kind of glad it is due to it's rarity

|
    |by Smashguy |

Lvl 5 - Silver

Kind of a delayed update but I finished Max Anarchy last week and I freakin loved that game. It was 1 of 2 games I bought specifically based off the MP (Uncharted 2 being the other one). It's got crazy action, it's kinda like Mad World, and it's got Bayonetta. The game was originally supposed to release in US and EU a few months ago but it never was because Sega didn't want to. However, the JP version is fully compatible in English (voices, menus, subs) so I bought the JP version.

I also just finished Sleeping Dogs yesterday. While SD was fun, I was very frustrated at times with it. I loved the fighting but whenever I fought against enemies with guns (mostly cops) I would die a lot because you hardly ever get guns for yourself. You can steal then from enemies but still, a gun shop would have been nice.

Not sure what I'll do next, I have too many backlog games to choose from haha.

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by the Pirate King View Post
    Not sure what I'll do next, I have too many backlog games to choose from haha.
    Congratz on your latest plats
    I hate choosing my next game, I always struggle to start my next game but once I do I'm good

Sig by Smashguy

Galaxy beauty pirate

Great checklist with a lot of different games. Can't believe I didn't noticed your checklist before..
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Congratz on your latest plats
    I hate choosing my next game, I always struggle to start my next game but once I do I'm good
    Yeah, sometimes I will go a few days without playing anything because I can't decide what to play next haha.

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Great checklist with a lot of different games. Can't believe I didn't noticed your checklist before..
    I play all sorts of stuff (except sports and racing) but I love JRPGs. Nice Etna avatar btw

Working On:
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,

Kiwi Defender

I see you got SotC's eh ? Congratulations for that and whatever the hell Max Anarchy is .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast