Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

The Tonto's Trophy Room

This is a discussion on The Tonto's Trophy Room within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII Congrats on the Bioshock platinum dude Thanks . Originally Posted by Qurb Congrats on the BioShock ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the Bioshock platinum dude
    Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Congrats on the BioShock !
    Cheers mate.

So today I was playing Ghostbusters. Which I later learned has had its servers closed on the PS3. Damn Shame too, I really wanted to earn that plat again, even if I had to earn *Shudder* Gozer's Most Wanted to get it. Guess I'll just round up the last of single player ones. Makes me wish companies that close their online servers would release a patch so that players who can't play online could still earn the plat by just completing the single player.

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Local Drunk

checklist mate. You've got a lot of sweet plats

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    checklist mate. You've got a lot of sweet plats
    Thanks Feral. I think I'm going to try and take care of those pesky online trophies in my older games. So I don't have a repeat of what happened with Ghostbusters. That means I'm gonna need to recruit a lot of boosting partners. Welp, I better get started I guess.

My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 6 - Silver

Updates

So first off, you might notice my Checklist has a plethora of brand new banners. I made those myself, the reason for changing all the old ones was the sizes. I had Banners from three different people, who all made Banners at different sizes. I decided to make my own Banners and began by trying to just resize the ones I had, unfortunately they didn't turn out very well. So I just started from scratch and made my own like I did for Bioshock and Okami.

All my banners are now at 650 by 200, a bit chunky, but it allows you to add more to a banner. All of these were done in Paint.net. Also if anyone is interested, I have a spare Dead Space banner. So let me know what you guys think of the new banners. Also still working on Bioshock 2's online, but I'm also working on Mafia II's trophies which I am close to Platting.

My Awesome Checklist

PRO Member

Nice list so far, you've got some great plats there.

As far as the banners go, try and maintain the aspect ratios of your images. Some of the banners look very stretched/squashed, particularly Resident Evil and Eat Lead. Keep at it though.

Deathless Destroyer

Nice checklist you have there! Good luck with the games you're working on - you're quite close to the UC2 , don't be hindered by Crushing Difficulty. I was going to recommend that you make a table to show off your owned games, though upon looking at your collection I had second-thoughts
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, | 120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB + 14 Games/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

SENNHEISER RS HDR 180 - FTW

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas View Post
    Nice list so far, you've got some great plats there.

As far as the banners go, try and maintain the aspect ratios of your images. Some of the banners look very stretched/squashed, particularly Resident Evil and Eat Lead. Keep at it though.
    Thanks, I'm happy with my plat collection as well.

Yeah those two banners do look squashed up, but there is a reason for it. I essentially couldn't find any good images to work with for those two games. I like to take an image related to the game i.e, art, wallpapers etc and then layer the games title/logo into the image. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do that with those two games, the images I like to use, couldn't be found =(.

Quote Originally Posted by Encorporeus View Post
    Nice checklist you have there! Good luck with the games you're working on - you're quite close to the UC2 , don't be hindered by Crushing Difficulty. I was going to recommend that you make a table to show off your owned games, though upon looking at your collection I had second-thoughts
    Yeah, I don't have a table big enough to display them all on, and that isn't counting the PC games as well. I am making my collection smaller though, I already traded in White Knight Chronicles, Mortal kombat vs DC, Final Fantasy XIII and FUEL. I'll be trading in Sacred 2, Mass Effect 2 and Unreal Tournament III as well. That'll barely made a dent in my collection, but these are games I really don't play very often if at all, so it'll clear up some space. Besides that I hated FFXIII and Sacred 2.

Also I'm not intimidated by Uncharted 2, it's a fairly easy platinum, I just haven't gotten around to finishing it off yet. I'll take care of Mafia II first and Bioshock 2's online

My Awesome Checklist

Local Drunk

Some of your new banners look a little stretched and so they don't look as good as they should. Maybe you should resize them a little.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    Thanks Feral. I think I'm going to try and take care of those pesky online trophies in my older games. So I don't have a repeat of what happened with Ghostbusters. That means I'm gonna need to recruit a lot of boosting partners. Welp, I better get started I guess.
    Smart thinking mate. Lol yeah. Definitely, should be too hard to find some though. Yep before you lose the inclination lol.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Congrats on your recent s since my last visit. I really like your collection! Sucks you weren't able to get the Ghostbusters plat though...damn servers always shutting down.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Congrats on your recent s since my last visit. I really like your collection! Sucks you weren't able to get the Ghostbusters plat though...damn servers always shutting down.
    Sorry for late reply and thanks Prophet, always nice to get a comment from you.

So I have been working on and off on the Online Trophies for Bioshock 2 and Resistance 2. I'm now a Level 25 solider in Resistance 2's Co-op and I have nearly 5000 kills in competitive online. As for Bioshock 2, I'm about four/five matches away from Level 30 and then the Grind to level 40 can commence.

Also I changed the Banners for Eat Lead which has been replaced by one made by Bardas and I changed the Resident Evil 5 one, so it isn't a stretched one anymore.

My Awesome Checklist

The One and Only

Stopping by to see your checklist again, still lookin good.

I agree with Feral about some of the banners. I think using larger images and then shrinking the images keeping the proportions and then later cropping them would be the best best fix.

Keep it up, and good luck on your upcoming gaming accomplishments!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Stopping by to see your checklist again, still lookin good.

I agree with Feral about some of the banners. I think using larger images and then shrinking the images keeping the proportions and then later cropping them would be the best best fix.

Keep it up, and good luck on your upcoming gaming accomplishments!
    Thanks Dare, and that's pretty much how I usually make my banners. I actually try to find images that are closer to the size I need as when I resize those images, the proportions stay more or less the same. I don't always do that, it's really more like a unique experience with each one.

Speaking of which, I've added a new Banner, because I've earned a new Plat.

That's right, I got Burnout Paradise's platinum. Been meaning to finish off this game's plat for awhile, finally got myself psyched and went for it. I already mentioned in the Burnout Paradise part of the checklist, but I'll say it again. Cheers Slipknotking1994 for helping with that last online trophy.

My Awesome Checklist

PRO Member

Nice list in both style and substance! Plenty of tough plats too (Prototype, Little Big Planet and Okami HD stand out for me).
    Good luck with the backlog, I hope you score Platinum on both Dragon Age 2 and LA Noire!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Glad to Help you with the Invite a friend trophy on Burnout Paradise! My pleasure
    "Somewhere on a toilet wall, I read the words
    ‘You FORM A LINE to FORMALIZE the FORMER LIES’
    And I finally saw the truth
    Something so profound and it was sitting there, surrounded by
    The garbage and the stains – another victim of the refuse
    Now I’ve been saying this for years but you don’t comprehend it
    I fight hell and I fight fear because I understand "

Beast Incarnate

Congratulations on the Burnout platinum dude

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the BP ! BP is one of my favorite racing games of all time.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Nice list in both style and substance! Plenty of tough plats too (Prototype, Little Big Planet and Okami HD stand out for me).
    Good luck with the backlog, I hope you score Platinum on both Dragon Age 2 and LA Noire!
    Thanks, those two are plats I intend to earn later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknotking1994 View Post
    Glad to Help you with the Invite a friend trophy on Burnout Paradise! My pleasure
    Thanks again. .
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congratulations on the Burnout platinum dude
    Cheers Dragonwolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Congrats on the BP ! BP is one of my favorite racing games of all time.
    Thanks, it's a good game. I'm not a huge, huge fan of racing games, but I do enjoy a few racing games.

My Awesome Checklist

PRO Member

Congrats on the new plat. I have been thinking about getting Burnout at some point in time

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    Congrats on the new plat. I have been thinking about getting Burnout at some point in time
    Probably best to get the game sooner rather than later. I recommend the Ultimate Box edition of the game as it comes with a bunch of extra stuff that lets you earn Trophies, such as the Motorbike trophies and the toy car trophies. You'll need to buy the rest of the DLC in store if you want to 100% the game, because as far as I know, they never released a version of the game with all the Downloadable content.

My Awesome Checklist

Lvl 6 - Silver

Update Time!

Another plat to the collection, this time Mini Ninjas. This game has been sitting on my backlog for ages, I kept meaning to get back to it, but it kept getting pushed out of my mind by my other games. I finally sat down yesterday and started playing, completing the game, only to learn I missed a few trophies. One playthrough on Hard later and I had this game platted.

This game isn't too hard, but the collectibles can be annoying. Oh and there are one or two, really annoying levels and trophies, like the Smooth Sailing trophy or the Avalanche level.

My Awesome Checklist

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast