Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

StewartBros' Accumulated Platinums - v2.0

This is a discussion on StewartBros' Accumulated Platinums - v2.0 within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Woah, been racking them up! Nice, wish I had the money or backlog like you! Toodling along, just conquered Saints ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Woah, been racking them up!

Nice, wish I had the money or backlog like you!

Toodling along, just conquered Saints Row The Third, think it will be one you could get with ease.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullLordy View Post
    Woah, been racking them up!

Nice, wish I had the money or backlog like you!

Toodling along, just conquered Saints Row The Third, think it will be one you could get with ease.
    Thanks man - yeah, I have been making some decent progress lately. I'm thinking maybe I spend too much money on games, which is why my backlog is as extensive as it is! Maybe it's time to cut back?
    Congrats on Saints Row - it looks quite fun; I'll get around to it.

Newest plat has been added - Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. Quite a reasonable shooter, this - makes for a nice change of pace from playing the likes of Resistance. It took a little time to learn to accurately target enemies in Expert mode, but for the most part it wasn't too bad. I got it fairly cheap, so I was pleased with it overall.

I think that for the rest of this month, I'll clean up assorted online trophies in various games, and then when August starts, I'll go back to DCUO and do my remaining three playthroughs. That'll probably keep me occupied during August and September, depending on how much time it takes me per playthrough. So it''ll most likely be a couple of months before I update this CL again. See you guys and gals then.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Huh.

Never mind what I just said up there - DCUO has been platted as of early yesterday morning.

I decided to try and get through the second half of the grind as quickly as I could, so that I'd have several weeks to kick back, relax and just play games casually before GTA V arrives and I end up devoting all my free time to that. So, I think it took me about 17 or 18 days to clear my last 3 playthroughs, which was much less time than I'd expected it would take me. It's been a long time since I played any game so intensely, and it has kind of drained me to an extent; I probably won't play anything for a few days, just so I can recover!

I doubt I'll attempt any of the DLC trophies - the core DCUO game has already taken up enough of my time - but I probably will try some of the PVP scenarios, such as the Raids and whatever else there is. All my characters were made in the PVE side of the game, so I never actually fought against any other players, only alongside them. We'll see what PVP has to offer though.

DCUO is also my 50th platinum, so I think I'll use this milestone as an excuse to take things easy for a while and just play things at my own pace, before the inevitable return to the pursuit of more platinums. I probably have been playing a little too much recently anyway, so a little break will do me some good. I can go outside and reassure my friends that I'm still alive.

PRO Member

Congrats on the DCOU platinum

It is an impressive platinum, I wish i had the determination for a plat like that.

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow, it's been over 4 months since this CL was last updated or posted in, and in that time I've managed to churn out 6 new platinums.

Crysis 2, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Air Conflicts: Secret Wars, Deep Black and Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers have all been added to the collection. Crysis 2 was a work-in-progress for some months before I finally got round to finishing it off. Sleeping Dogs was great fun to play - loved every minute of it. Hitman was a good game to play through, and wasn't too tough overall. The 2 Air Conflicts games were decent enough value for money - but Deep Black was a broken POS. Avoid it like the plague!

Anyway, they've all been added to the CL, and I don't think I'll get any more plats this year, as I'm working a lot over the festive period. Hopefully I can return to games like God Of War (2 trophies left before plat), Worms Revolution (1 trophy left) and DOA5 Ultimate (2 left) early next year and try to complete them before I get started on more long-term platinums. I also want to try and plat Metal Gear Solid 4 soon, before the undoubtedly-awesome MGSV arrives in April-May. It's been far too long since I last played MGS4, so I'm itching to return to it!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow, it's been another 6 & 1/2 months since I, or indeed anyone, posted in here! I've earned 8 more plats in that time, but as this checklist receives relatively little traffic, I'm not even sure whether to keep updating it?

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on all of your new plats. I keep mine going purely as a hobby now, whether anyone visits or not lol

Lvl 9 - Gold

Meh, I'll add the new plats and whatnot a few at a time then. I probably should keep it going, for my own enjoyment if nothing else.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Alright, I've added three new plats to the list - Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Assassin's Creed Liberation HD, and the almighty Twisted Metal. I have 5 more still to add here, and they'll get uploaded fairly soon. I'm taking a bit of a break from gaming (again) and will probably return in a fortnight or so, so that gives me time to fully update this CL.

Twisted Metal has to take pride of place as my proudest platinum to date - I really don't think I'll ever be able to beat this one! As of typing this post, only 171 people in the world have managed to earn the plat, and I was #154, so I doubt I'll be able to achieve such a feat again! Going through all that Mp mayhem has actually put me off playing multiplayer for a while, so hopefully I can spend the next 3 or 4 months playing almost exclusively single-player games, and not having to worry about whether other people are going to come online and play the same game as I am.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567